Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia - Ryan's B Sample tested positive for the banned PED Ostarine

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What judge had it a draw??????

I forgot his name but he was a clown. I don't like Garcia, but that shit was ridiculous, Garcia got one point deducted for doing some stupid shit, but then went on put Haney on his ass three times. Haney threw more punches to no effect, the disparity in power shots made all the difference with Garcia landing more than twice as many (95) as his opponent (45) I don't know what that judge was looking at.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone complaining about the ref......

He warned Haney numerous times about clinching (for dear life in some rounds),

He told Haney where he could hit Ryan, (when admittedly Ryan was intentionally turning his back) and warned him when he was hitting him wrong.

Warnings for punches to the back of the head....

The times Haney stumbled while clinching and fell...... I mean one of those I thought could be counted as a KD, but the rest I was cool with being waved off.

I don't think the ref was biased or "in Haney's pocket",..... I think he was overly cautious given the optics (the main event match not getting out of hand with theatrics and tik tack bs.....etc)

The judges got it right in this fight, conversely Barbosa Jr was saved the previous fight by the judges. (Haney vs Barbosa would have been BOOOOORING! McComb was taggin that mfkr.)

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In regards to Garcia, I think he left too many "lulls" in between his attacks. Haney would be on wobbly knees with 2+ mins left in the round and Ryan would either let him clinch or just step back and let him recover..... it was weird....

if he were a better fighter you'd think he was just biding his time, methodically breaking Haney down and then he'd BOOM go for the KO..... but it never happened

Also Ryan definitely did not respect Haney's power, after round 6 dude was walking around gloves down and going straight at Haney. And Haney didn't have the legs to generate a real powerful punch. There was the one (left?) hook that caught Ryan and Ryan was visibly pissed for letting Haney get that one off.... but other than that, there was not one time that Garcia appeared to be in trouble. Ryan had Haney shook from round 1

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would be an interesting fight...Matias is a take one to land one type of fighter...I wouldn't be so confident that Ryan can't beat him...Ryan fast as fuck and he hits very hard and he will land shots on Matias

I’d be more interested in seeing Tank vs Matias. Garcia would get hurt, he doesn’t really have the grit or defense it would take to go 12 rounds with Matias, at least I have not seen it from him yet. Now if Garcia went against Cruz and were able to survive or even win then I might believe he could go toe to toe with Matias. Matias is a different beast who has speed and power too. There is a reason no one is really calling him out.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I’d be more interested in seeing Tank vs Matias. Garcia would get hurt, he doesn’t really have the grit or defense it would take to go 12 rounds with Matias, at least I have not seen it from him yet. Now if Garcia went against Cruz and were able to survive or even win then I might believe he could go toe to toe with Matias. Matias is a different beast who has speed and power too.
The real killer fight is Matias vs Russell but Russell is being sidelined...Matias vs Cruz is a great fight as well

The grit question with Ryan is real because he tends to just wait to land the big counter and one big counter won't do against Matias...I am telling you though man, be wary of those take one to land one, outlast you type fighters...I worry about Ryan's grit against him but he would have opportunities to land multiple shots on dude

I don't want Haney fighting Matias...something about his lack of power worries me against Matias...he would be holding Matias every minute and I could see a point being taken away...also I wonder about Devin's chin after last night...those kind of nights tend to inspire your future opponents to go all out against you

Tank is a 135 pounder who happens to be short...he has a stocky frame but I am not sure that he will take to the higher weight class as well as these other dudes have...super ability, super IQ but at some point that lack of height and reach will hurt him the higher up he goes