Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I also didn't know that Deion had to get his degree from an HBCU to begin coaching.

So you represent and probably gave all this money to Florida State and are probably their most famous alumni next to Burt Reynolds, and they couldn't hook you up with a degree. They should have given you a degree just because. Here, thanks for all you've done. Don't worry about taking classes.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Shannon is embarrassing on this subject

Since you went to a HBCU, why don't you use your platform. Instead of you acting like it was your second choice and are ashamed.

and Don Lemon, family business? You're black now?

and that 60 Minutes interview

He looks like Tyreke Hill

tyreek-hill.gif

Yeah a whole lot of ignorance and finger pointing.

Shannon could ADOPT his school

Help recruit throw fund raisers

Wear the gear

Etc etc

They could ALL do this

MOST don't

I would suggest they all shut up on both sides before hopefully black folk wake up and start asking the right questions to the black millionaires rich rappers actors doctors lawyers strippers etc etc

They could change so much so fast

I swear I posted ALL this a few times

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Yeah a whole lot of ignorance and finger pointing.

Shannon could ADOPT his school

Help recruit throw fund raisers

Wear the gear

Etc etc

They could ALL do this

MOST don't

I would suggest they all shut up on both sides before hopefully black folk wake up and start asking the right questions to the black millionaires rich rappers actors doctors lawyers strippers etc etc

They could change so much so fast

I swear I posted ALL this a few times

I will say Stephen A puts on for HBCU's. Has ESPN going to HBCU's every year, has ESPN providing scholarships.....

Shannon......

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Maybe dude told Jackson State he’d leave
So that’s why they didn’t offer him

but fuck that
We doing this for talking purposes

let’s look at it like this…

Deion was the mayor, the dean or someone who’s voice carried weight

yall Think he would’ve let himself leave

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
being critical of Prime is really rubbing me the wrong way ....

again fuck this man suppose to do ...?..turn down 5 mill a fucking year ...

it`s not like JSU was paying lets say even 4 mill n he left for 5 mill ...

he was getting 300k man ...y`all fucking stop ... u know what kind of difference that is man ...smh ..

n u know what in 2 or 3yrs when FSU come calling and give him 10 mill he`s out again ...

these other big name coaches bail all the time n i dont c this kind of energy ..

Lincoln Riley just went to USC quietly for more money ..no back lash ...

dude that just went to LSU ...no back lash ...fuck r we talking about here ...:curse:

n all these fuckers talking shit havent done shit for HBCU`s ..90% of them probably went 2 all white schools ...lol

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

he was getting 300k man ...y`all fucking stop ... u know what kind of difference that is man ...smh ..

n u know what in 2 or 3yrs when FSU come calling and give him 10 mill he`s out again ...

these other big name coaches bail all the time n i dont c this kind of energy ..

dude that just went to LSU ...no back lash ...fuck r we talking about here ...:curse:

n all these fuckers talking shit havent done shit for HBCU`s ..90% of them probably went 2 all white schools ...lol

I think it's about his comments and what he was selling for the past three years.

So if you go by HIS comments, you should understand why people are upset.

It was supposed to be bigger than football according to him. So nobody would blame any other coach for leaving for a better coaching job, but he left on the first plane smoking. Colorado isn't a good job. He's not leaving for Auburn or South Florida. He's leaving for the first job he can get.

So he was full of shit the whole time and is taking his family with him :dunno:

It's cool though, Deion is a member of TD Jakes church. That play was obvious to a lot of people.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
sgr%20A%2A%20ESO%20and%20M.%20Kornmesser%20690.jpg

I'm not sure if this is an image of a black hole or the Colorado football head coaching job.

On the other hand, Prime could be playing chess and spinning this into a major gig.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
What's crazy is the amount of people who have an issue with him leaving who never heard of him until he was on 60 minutes. Like he was some random guy who was getting national attention for coaching at an HBCU. Bomani's Safaree Samuels hairline having ass ought to be ashamed of himself for trying to spin it like Deon betrayed somebody. Under the old system, I used to feel bad for the players when the coach left, but now then can leave too.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I will say Stephen A puts on for HBCU's. Has ESPN going to HBCU's every year, has ESPN providing scholarships.....

Shannon......

And this is why I hate when people say SAS is a Coon. Yeah we went to the same HBCU, but I remembered coming out of college back in 2003 and was like, damn it would be nice to see HBCU sports on a major platform. Fast forward, SAS is always putting on for HBCUs. HBCU week and etc....
Let alone over 30 million dollars given away during HBCU week. Kids could literally walk up to the booth to a school and if they have the grades and etc., bam scholarship. Having mentored youth for the past 10 years in DC, dog those scholarships can make the difference in whether a kid who would like to be an engineer be able to move forward and go to college or not. I have heard and seen parents and single moms say how these funds were the only reason why their sons are now able to go to college....

Got ESPN showing games non stop. Now there are other platforms like HBCU go and HBCU Gameday that are showing games, but these platforms just came aboard in the last 2 years....

Plus he does have a #3 million dollar endowment he started (mind you didn't have to do this) at his alma mater...

Sorry for rant....

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
What's crazy is the amount of people who have an issue with him leaving who never heard of him until he was on 60 minutes. Like he was some random guy who was getting national attention for coaching at an HBCU. Bomani's Safaree Samuels hairline having ass ought to be ashamed of himself for trying to spin it like Deon betrayed somebody. Under the old system, I used to feel bad for the players when the coach left, but now then can leave too.
I agree with Bo about the God thing, but outside of that, good for him. Personally, I thought it was an odd choice, but hopefully, he makes it work.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so let me get this straight he suppose to turn down pretty much 5 million a yr and stay at a school paying him roughly 300k ...:confused:

ok .... got it .....smh

who the fuck in their right mind would do that ..... foh ....

plus he left them in way better shape than he found them n stop with he screwed the kids shit ...

it`s not like back in the day where they would b stuck or had to sit out a yr if they transferred

the kids r good so stop with the fucking excuses to hate this man ....
Preach......
oMSF8Fl.jpg

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
And this is why I hate when people say SAS is a Coon. Yeah we went to the same HBCU, but I remembered coming out of college back in 2003 and was like, damn it would be nice to see HBCU sports on a major platform. Fast forward, SAS is always putting on for HBCUs. HBCU week and etc....
Let alone over 30 million dollars given away during HBCU week. Kids could literally walk up to the booth to a school and if they have the grades and etc., bam scholarship.
See, I feel you on that, and he's always been for HBCUs getting shine. Sadly, this is like that joke about the cock sucking bridge builder. Once he sucked that one cock, people forgot all about those bridges.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
sgr%20A%2A%20ESO%20and%20M.%20Kornmesser%20690.jpg

I'm not sure if this is an image of a black hole or the Colorado football head coaching job.

On the other hand, Prime could be playing chess and spinning this into a major gig.

This is what I'm thinking. I wouldn't even try to go to FSU. He could hit up Texas A&M and THEN things will get real exciting.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

All of this. I don't understand us sometimes....

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As usual Bomani sums up folks bad feelings

See this is the problem Black people have and just people in general. Everybody’s waiting on the savior to take of care business, but that’s a very rare exception across history. It’s never enough. No one wants look at what their own contribution to the problem is which is often zero. In the span of 3 years he took a losing team to 2 championships. Got them new facilities. Brought in exponentially more money and donated half his already not great salary? Yeah, I wish he would’ve stayed longer to try and get them playing a top 25 team here and there, but the man got two back-to-back chips and he’s moving on. Nothing he did brought JSU down. He only elevated their presence. Now it’s up to US to add some continued support to HBCU’s.

Last edited:

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got a new college football team to root for. I was a Notre Dame fan until they fired Ty Willingham, 3 years in. All the sorry ass coaches before him got 5 years cause they were white. Don't get me wrong, Ty Willingham is a terrible coach but he should have gotten the same amount of years as every other coach in ND football history.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I thought about this the other night, as a community, we have a way putting everything into one individual; one person is supposed to do everything for everybody; the last time I saw outrage about something like this was around President Obama...WHY CAN'T HE GET ALL BLACK FOLK OUT OF POVERTY? HE AINT DOING ENOUGH FOR BLACK FOLK... :smh:

Deion wants to do whats right for him...for Jackson, glad he came for the time that he was there and now he's giving yall something to work with. Too Bomani's point, no star will shine brighter than Deion at this point, but they are in a better position than when he got there..
What you think bout the comment " Colorado is virtually crime free" ?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Bomani is going too far with this :smh: He left, it's sad, but got damn Prime put on for that school. All you can do is bust your ass, and leave a program far better than when you started. Prime did that 10 times over.

Nobody could have done all he did for their image, for their city profits and shit the SWAC got a 10 yr tv deal out of it.

They were paying him 300K, and his assistants were making less. These assistants are real men, with kids to feed, homes to pay for, they need to generate dollars too. Prime is taking care of his team too. That's dope in my book.

If Jackson wanted to keep him, split that 30 million per year in profits and send 50% to the school for salaries, NLI and a facilities, and I bet he would have stayed.

Bomani is always giving his two step, both sides hypocritical takes on others versus his own ballooning pockets. 300K vs 5M/yr is not even a damn question in a capitalist country. Bomani hasn't turned down a nickel from his employers.

Bomani is PAID by ESPN (and HBO), while they dumped every other Black outspoken talent. Cmon man, you can't work for fuckin Disney and then criticize another man for trying to take 45 million to benefit his children and their future kids.