Deep Fried Peach Cobbler

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Thanks.

For the record, that is white ppl cobbler. Black people cobbler has a top and bottom crust, like a deep dish pie. Crust can be flakey or biscuit like, but it is rolled out like a regular pie, thicker than regular pie crust, preferably in a square or rectangular pan. The bigger the better. We always did the 9x13:

She uses round pans:

White people cobbler has the batter, not a true crust. I've made it both ways, and imo, it tastes good both ways, but my family will talk about me if I make white people cobbler. They don't consider it a cobbler if it doesn't have a "real" crust.
Member that time Camille brought out that sposed ta be cobbler?" :lol::lol::lol:

I got to have that corner crust, the darker the better too. :yes::yes::yes:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Thanks.

Next time my roommate brings home a bunch of peaches from work we're going to try this variation. Perhaps the double crust will cut down the sweetness a bit.
Could you taste the cayenne and paprika or was it overpowered?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Member that time Camille brought out that sposed ta be cobbler?" :lol::lol::lol:

I got to have that corner crust, the darker the better too. :yes::yes::yes:

It wasn't that bad, but my sister in law was NOT happy.

Danny dates black women, so this knowledge can save his relationship and possibly his life. If he shows up at the cookout with white ppl cobbler and there isn't a back up cobbler, they might beat his ass. At the very least all night he'd be getting side eyes, whispered glances and "bless his heart" pity stares. If he embarrasses his girl bad enough, she might leave him. I'm just looking out for my BGOL brethren so he can have a long and happy life.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Thanks.

Next time my roommate brings home a bunch of peaches from work we're going to try this variation. Perhaps the double crust will cut down the sweetness a bit.

Just use less sugar. Cut it by a third and see how that works. I follow recipes the first time, but if I don't like it, I make modifications.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
imma need that recipe.

You got it!

Danny's Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce
6 pitted dates
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt

Set oven to 350°
Mash bananas
Chop dates in the small pieces. Mix with bananas
Add applesauce and vanilla extract
In a separate bowl whisk flower, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
Mix these powders with the bananas.
Add almond milk and chocolate chip to the mix
Grease bread pan, add batter.
Bake for 50 minutes

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You got it!

Danny's Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce
6 pitted dates
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt

Set oven to 350°
Mash bananas
Chop dates in the small pieces. Mix with bananas
Add applesauce and vanilla extract
In a separate bowl whisk flower, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
Mix these powders with the bananas.
Add almond milk and chocolate chip to the mix
Grease bread pan, add batter.
Bake for 50 minutes

Thank you! I don’t mess with Banana Bread but my wife loves it. I periodically try to bake things she loves.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

If he sold that downtown Manhattan he could convince these cacs to pay 20-25 bucks for those 4 egg rolls as long as he got them sitting on them plates and sprinkle syrup just like that on them.. forget about if it’s summer and he has outdoor dining.. them gullible cacs would organize brunch meetings/gatherings every sat and Sunday and take a bunch of pics and tell their other friends to come thru

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This ain't the thread for me, but props to all that have found something of interest in here