Deep Fried Peach Cobbler

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ain't nothing new on God's green earth..damn fried pie...Hostess gott'em in every flavor.

And the preacher's wife used to make me homemade fried apple pies as a kid.....Good Lawwwwddd...Mrs. Taylor....heavenly in pie and spirit....

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ain't nothing new on God's green earth..damn fried pie...Hostess gott'em in every flavor.

And the preacher's wife used to make me homemade fried apple pies as a kid.....Good Lawwwwddd...Mrs. Taylor....heavenly in pie and spirit....
Preacher: was that some kind of subliminal.. in the movie American pie they said pussy felt like warm apple pie.. are you trying to call my wife ms Parker or stifflers mom

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Preacher: was that some kind of subliminal.. in the movie American pie they said pussy felt like warm apple pie.. are you trying to call my wife ms Parker or stifflers mom

Hellll nahhhh patna....you been on BGOL too damn long.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

For real for real, as the yungsta's say....when I was a kid my preacher's wife used to make me fried apple pies. She loved to make them for me and I remember putting them on that paper napkin and the whole napkin would turn clear with grease....savory flakey pastry like only homemade can be....

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I still eat them.... but Hostess just calls them Peach Pies........ nuke them for like 10 secs.... add a scoop of Turkey Hill butter pecan ice cream....

321939281_f4c484828d_c.jpg
I can't remember the last time I saw a Hostess peach pie.

Ole boy reactivated my sweet tooth. That looks good af ala mode. :slobber:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I can't remember the last time I saw a Hostess peach pie.

Ole boy reactivated my sweet tooth. That looks good af ala mode. :slobber:
They're only sold for a short time and in certain areas.... :hmm: ..... just like Drakes peach pies...... Drakes are better

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I've had this recipe for years, but haven't made it. I think I've posted it before. I'm thinking of making it and also switching it up with apples. Applebee's use to have this awesome apple Chimichanga years ago. I guess peaches or other fruit would work also. One of the comments also said they did this in the aifryer instead of deepfrying.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I've had this recipe for years, but haven't made it. I think I've posted it before. I'm thinking of making it and also switching it up with apples. Applebee's use to have this awesome apple Chimichanga years ago. I guess peaches or other fruit would work also. One of the comments also said they did this in the aifryer instead of deepfrying.

When you make some w/o cheese, I'll order a batch. :yes: :money:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
You can't even tolerate cream cheese?
I can tolerate it, I just don't like cheese. Cheeses and yogurts taste like a nine-volt battery to me. :puke:

Cream cheese is similar to mozzarella...it's really mild and is easily covered by the taste of other ingredients, but JUST KNOWING there's cheese in something turns my stomach. I think that SOME pizza is about the only exception I've found.

When my wife made lasagna, she'd make me a small one with NO cheese. Fucking delicious!

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I can tolerate it, I just don't like cheese. Cheeses and yogurts taste like a nine-volt battery to me. :puke:

Cream cheese is similar to mozzarella...it's really mild and is easily covered by the taste of other ingredients, but JUST KNOWING there's cheese in something turns my stomach. I think that SOME pizza is about the only exception I've found.

When my wife made lasagna, she'd make me a small one with NO cheese. Fucking delicious!

SMH. A man who doesn't like cheese can't be trusted. I now have to reevaluate all the nice things I've thought about you in light of this new revelation. We can probably eventually still be friends, but everything you say from now on will be given the side eye while it is fact checked. Also social distancing will still be required, even after the pandemic ends.

*walks off mumbling* Cheese hating heathens. Next it will be garlic and onions and I'll have to ban him from my kitchen. Kneegrowz not raised right anymore.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
If you can share the recipe.

Found the recipe here

However, when my roommate was cooking the peaches he added an unspecified amount of paprika, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, brown sugar, and a full stick of butter separate from when I put in the baking pan. We also baked it for an hour longer than directed.

He kept calling it a compote but I'm not quite sure what that means.

It was delicious, but a tiny bowl almost sent me into insulin shock.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Found the recipe here

However, when my roommate was cooking the peaches he added an unspecified amount of paprika, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, brown sugar, and a full stick of butter separate from when I put in the baking pan. We also baked it for an hour longer than directed.

He kept calling it a compote but I'm not quite sure what that means.

It was delicious, but a tiny bowl almost sent me into insulin shock.

Thanks.

For the record, that is white ppl cobbler. Black people cobbler has a top and bottom crust, like a deep dish pie. Crust can be flakey or biscuit like, but it is rolled out like a regular pie, thicker than regular pie crust, preferably in a square or rectangular pan. The bigger the better. We always did the 9x13:

She uses round pans:

White people cobbler has the batter, not a true crust. I've made it both ways, and imo, it tastes good both ways, but my family will talk about me if I make white people cobbler. They don't consider it a cobbler if it doesn't have a "real" crust.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Thanks.

For the record, that is white ppl cobbler. Black people cobbler has a top and bottom crust, like a deep dish pie. Crust can be flakey or biscuit like, but it is rolled out like a regular pie, thicker than regular pie crust, preferably in a square or rectangular pan. The bigger the better. We always did the 9x13:

She uses round pans:

White people cobbler has the batter, not a true crust. I've made it both ways, and imo, it tastes good both ways, but my family will talk about me if I make white people cobbler. They don't consider it a cobbler if it doesn't have a "real" crust.

Thanks.

Next time my roommate brings home a bunch of peaches from work we're going to try this variation. Perhaps the double crust will cut down the sweetness a bit.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So…anyone try out the fried peach cobbler recipe? Wife and I have struggled to find some good cobbler in Austin. We keep getting disappointed.