Darky kant reed dis

Fantasia is ugly

  • True

    Votes: 19 38.0%
  • False

    Votes: 31 62.0%

  • Total voters
    50

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=435773
294o4gj.gif
the official new i kaint reed all dat shit gif

I never saw Fantasia's season of American Idol so I can't speak to her individual intelligence, but the "kaint reed" joke is pretty much based on her dark skin, correct? I guarantee that if you put her in Alicia Keys body-- all else exactly the same-- nobody would say she "kaint reed." They'd just say how sexy and beautiful she was.

Sport: A Banner Year for Meanness
Patrick Ewing comes ungently to the Big East tournament

The sophomore season of 7-ft. Georgetown Center Patrick Ewing has been a mean slide back to the hard times of Jackie Robinson. Signs along the way: at Providence College, EWING CAN'T READ; at the Meadowlands in New Jersey, THINK EWING! THINK!; in Philadelphia's Palestra, EWING IS AN APE. When Ewing was introduced there someone in the crowd tossed a banana peel onto the court. T shirts and buttons have been manufactured bearing the slogan: EWING KANT READ DIS, which is also a recurring chant at the games. Not surprisingly, Patrick Ewing, 20, has had a few fights this year. Racism is not surprising. It pervade sports and life. But the overtness of ape banners and bananas on the floor is chilling.

Basketball is a most intimate game. Observing a baseball or football player from a distance, the first impression of color might be the color of his uniform. But basketball players are running around in their underwear, and the spectators are close enough to see the players' beards dripping sweat. Since a giant black center is no novelty, something about Ewing must be particularly affecting. "He looks like a big, bad, mean guy," says John Thompson, his coach. "Actually he's a big, quiet, sensitive guy."

Ewing is an aggressive player. The most popular black basketball players in the world are the Harlem Globetrotters, grinning minstrels "aping" their game. But the next most popular black basketball players are those without a black presence, whose talent may be intimidating but whose style is unthreatening. Ralph Sampson, the University of Virginia's 7-ft. 4-in. senior center, is more docile and less abused. In fact, fans are given to wondering how much better Sampson would be if he had a rougher temperament. Ewing plays angry. "The way Ewing plays," says Thompson, "he doesn't ask questions, he makes statements."

Neither does he answer questions very often. In the manner of U.C.L.A. Coach John Wooden, whose players frequently needed postgraduate work in smiling, Thompson has sheltered his star from the public and press. "I'm not going to make Patrick talk to someone if he doesn't want to," Thompson says, "and usually he doesn't want to." Though just a few words from Ewing might lower the banners, Thompson wonders, "Should it be up to him? We've received letters from people trying to rationalize the abuse, to justify it. 'He should get used to it,' they say. 'It comes with the territory.' Do we want a young kid to get used to this?"

Thompson, too, is black and around 7 ft. tall. For a couple of seasons after his playing years at Providence, he backed up Bill Russell for the Boston Celtics. A few banners have stretched across Thompson's life as well. In 1975, his third year at Georgetown, this one was hoisted in the school gym: THOMPSON THE ****** COACH MUST GO. Last season, when Ewing and Thompson came within one basket of winning the national championship, a great deal was made of Thompson's being the first black coach to bring a team to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's final four. So much talk of color distressed him. "Ignorance has no color," Thompson says. "The point isn't that this season has been degrading to a black man. It has been degrading to any man. On the airplane last week, I asked Patrick again how he was holding up. He told me, 'I've grown accustomed to it. I got so much of it in high school.' That made me saddest of all."

Ewing's high school was Cambridge Rindge and Latin in Massachusetts, his coach a concerned man named Mike Jarvis. In a well-meaning letter that became the source of the KANT READ slurs, Jarvis explained to swarming recruiters that Ewing had lived his first twelve years in Jamaica and still spoke with an island patois that made him selfconscious. According to the letter, Ewing had learning deficiencies that would require such licenses as un-timed testing and lecture taping. "My approach was to argue against the terms of the letter," says Thompson, who insists Ewing has received no concessions of the kind requested and that he is faring well in school. "I told Patrick's father, 'Don't send your son to me to be educated and then tell me how to educate him.' " Naturally, after Ewing chose Georgetown, copies of the letter were well distributed by the losers. In any case, for the bigots in the stands, the letter is only an excuse. The grudge existed before Ewing.

Unconventional, mysterious, Ewing wears a gray T shirt under his game jersey, a shield from the cold but also an emblem of individuality. The shirt is festooned with NIKE insignias, Thompson being a consultant for that sporting-goods company, as many college coaches serve one company or another for a significant fee. Nobody looks down to question the propriety of manufacturers' logos on the socks of collegiate players, but Ewing waves the practice not only under your nose but over the rim. Unwittingly or not, he never softens anything. Says Thompson: "He has an unbelievable strength that is close to arrogant pride, but a good arrogant pride. He'll learn to hook and roll eventually, but for now he's a banger."

The banging in the Big East, a four-year-old conference with five teams ranked among the country's top 20, has been almost as loud as the signs, and nearly as ugly at times. Both Georgetown-St. John's games this year have featured fistfights, and Madison Square Garden is in a tingle for the Big East tournament this week. Georgetown's record is 9 and 5 in the conference (19 and 8 overall). Two graduated guards have been missed this season: opponents have been able to concentrate on Ewing and bang on him. "Our games are not for the faint of heart, that's for sure," says Commissioner Dave Gavitt, who disputes "the chatter about violence in the Big East." As for the banners, he has directed administrators to be quick in getting them down. At his angriest, Thompson says, "First a sign, then a banana, then a rock, .then a riot." But then quietly he adds, "There is learning in negatives too." Ewing is certainly getting an education.

— By Tom Callahan
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,951986,00.html
Monday, Mar. 14, 1983
 
Monday, Apr. 15, 1985
Sport: A Dream That Couldn't Miss

By Tom Callahan

Once again, the first mention of a dynasty signaled its end. Figuring to become only the sixth university to repeat a national basketball championship, Patrick Ewing's Georgetown was about to be fitted beside Bill Russell's San Francisco and measured against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's UCLA when destiny's Villanova happened along, singing a song, shooting 78.6% in the title game, missing one shot the second half. As the Nebraska football team seems to remember, being the best can be a lonely distinction next to beating the best, though last week's 66-64 final was more than just the most amazing basketball game anyone could recall. It was the most equitable upset of all.

...

Of 148 sportswriters and broadcasters consulted by U.P.I., only 39 selected the 7-ft. center Ewing, who has now lifted his team to three final games and is beyond question the most significant college player since Bill Walton.

Ewing won the Adolph Rupp player-of-the-year award, though it is possibly just as well that Kentucky's bigoted baron is not around anymore to vote on who can play basketball. As Ewing was introduced for his final college game, a banana peel hit the floor of Lexington's Rupp Arena with a sickening whap. It seemed barely to miss slapping him, though he appeared not to notice. The Washington Post stopped recording this ritual when it ceased being news. "Bananas have been thrown at Ewing in at least ten games this year," Reporter Michael Wilbon says. Illiteracy signs were back also: EWING KANT READ DIS. If he is not the most glib performer in the interview room, Ewing apparently has had no trouble conversing with and charming teammates or classmates.

Even at a glance, his four-year development shows. There is no doubt either that Ewing made Georgetown rich or that Georgetown made Ewing meet some educational standard, enriching him as well. It was a square deal. "I've had a great career at Georgetown," he said. "I've learned a great deal." Fetching his award in the postgame commencement, Ewing poked a No. 1 finger at the roof, but in the next instant he seemed to lead the clapping for Villanova, especially for Ed Pinckney.
...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,966166,00.html

patrick-ewing.jpg
 
Last edited:
or maybe it comes from her not being able to read

Like I said, I don't know much at all about her, but I just checked her profile on Wikipedia and it didn't say anything like that.

She attended Andrews High School in High Point. After she was raped by a classmate, she was left feeling harassed and embarrassed and dropped out of high school. She later became pregnant at age sixteen and on August 8, 2001, she gave birth to her daughter, Zion Quari Barrino. She broke up with Zion's father(Rodney) because he was physically abusive towards her. Fantasia then briefly moved to neighboring Greensboro, North Carolina before trying out for the American Idol Auditions in Atlanta.
 
^^^^^^

google reading and fantasia - she was illiterate and still won american idol bullshitting her way through it

darky should have read her bio
Yeah... My bad; oh well... Even though the joke is based in truth, I still think her appearance has something to do with it (but I don't know of any lighter or white illiterate stars to compare her to, so that's not really provable).
 
Yeah... My bad; oh well... Even though the joke is based in truth, I still think her appearance has something to do with it (but I don't know of any lighter or white illiterate stars to compare her to, so that's not really provable).
i get what you are saying but i think it plays into her not being that attractive

dark or lightskin if it was Bria myles dudes prolly would never make jokes about her being illiterate cuz she is bangin... and your example earlier you used alica keys who is bangin

now if it was an ugly lightskin chick like Rocsi from 106 i cud see the jokes still being made
 
Yeah... My bad; oh well... Even though the joke is based in truth, I still think her appearance has something to do with it (but I don't know of any lighter or white illiterate stars to compare her to, so that's not really provable).
:lol: its alright bruh we all do that from time to time (jump to conclusions)
its hard to be illiterate and do tv - afaic she is brilliant to pull that off
 
i get what you are saying but i think it plays into her not being that attractive

dark or lightskin if it was Bria myles dudes prolly would never make jokes about her being illiterate cuz she is bangin... and your example earlier you used alica keys who is bangin

now if it was an ugly lightskin chick like Rocsi from 106 i cud see the jokes still being made
man any illiterate celebs would be fair game alicia keys too

colin is funny because of his whole UN fiasco

there just arent that many illiterate public figures
 
i get what you are saying but i think it plays into her not being that attractive

dark or lightskin if it was Bria myles dudes prolly would never make jokes about her being illiterate cuz she is bangin... and your example earlier you used alica keys who is bangin

now if it was an ugly lightskin chick like Rocsi from 106 i cud see the jokes still being made

Well, attractiveness and skin tone are very much connected... I love Alicia "Lazy Eye" Keys as an artist but she is extremely overrated and fawned on in large part due to her shade... (And I actually think Rocsi looks pretty good, so obviously its nothing objective about this.)

Bria Myles, I'm not sure... What makes her more attractive facially? The long straight hair? (I limit it to the face because that's all you see of Fantasia in the gif.)

It definitely has to do with Fantasia looking like she stepped straight out of The Color Purple, which I think is synonymous with unattractive to many whites and blacks (y mas) who have imbibed white traits, culture and thought patterns.
 
man any illiterate celebs would be fair game alicia keys too

colin is funny because of his whole UN fiasco

there just arent that many illiterate public figures

Yeah, the Colin thing has a lot of obviously legitimating context and is a funny premise (though overused)... Its definitely different from Fantasia in that it was about his choice not to read that bullshit where Fantasia is unable to but it seemed to me that the joke was based on her being ugly and dumb. Now I see what sparked it but there still may be additional fuel behind it.

I kind of wish Alicia Keys was illiterate just so we could see the contrast; I doubt it would work out the same way.
 
Yeah, the Colin thing has a lot of obviously legitimating context and is a funny premise (though overused)... Its definitely different from Fantasia in that it was about his choice not to read that bullshit where Fantasia is unable to but it seemed to me that the joke was based on her being ugly and dumb. Now I see what sparked it but there still may be additional fuel behind it.

I kind of wish Alicia Keys was illiterate just so we could see the contrast;
I doubt it would work out the same way.
:lol: thats so fuckin insane its hilarious

not everyone thinks fantasia is ugly

i think there are a lot of personal projections coming out in this thread.

fantasia isnt ugly and isnt stupid- her mom should be merked however

the broad was illiterate damn thats all it is

here you can use this from now on

040701_afghanBurqas_hmed_2p.hmedium.jpg


"We're not allowed to read all that shit"
 
:lol: thats so fuckin insane its hilarious

not everyone thinks fantasia is ugly

i think there are a lot of personal projections coming out in this thread.

Oh, of course, you can't help it... I think its generally true that most people see her as ugly, though. I know I do and I feel a bit guilty because I know where that comes from but I'm just like the masses who prefer "redbones" or hispanic chicas and so on... I think its so generally true that it could be stated as fact that she's viewed as ugly.

(Poll added on the matter.)

fantasia isnt ugly and isnt stupid- her mom should be merked however

the broad was illiterate damn thats all it is

here you can use this from now on

040701_afghanBurqas_hmed_2p.hmedium.jpg


"We're not allowed to read all that shit"

Tsk, tsk, not nice at all... Even though that chick with the headscarf looks pretty mean, she'd still be allowed to get the dick, unlike Fantasia... :smh: @ myself
 
Last edited:
Oh, of course, you can't help it... I think its generally true that most people see her as ugly, though. I know I do and I feel a bit guilty because I know where that comes from but I'm just like the masses who prefer "redbones" or hispanic chicas and so on... I think its so generally true that it could be stated as fact that she's viewed as ugly.

(Poll added on the matter.)



Tsk, tsk, not nice at all... Even though that chick with the headscarf looks pretty mean, she'd still be allowed to get the dick, unlike Fantasia... :smh: @ myself
i think its generally true that your entire argument is seated in your own guilt for thinking a woman with african features is ugly. then you go further to attempt to suggest other people feel the same as you do when that isn't the case. There is nothing wrong with her skin color either and she is not particularly dark.
Basically you're wylin the fuck out. The only ugly thing in this thread is your self-hatred, if you are black - I dont remember ever discussing whether you were or weren't. If you aren't black substitute self-hatred for racism.

that "mean chick" is a little girl dude wtf :smh:
 
i think its generally true that your entire argument is seated in your own guilt for thinking a woman with african features is ugly. then you go further to attempt to suggest other people feel the same as you do when that isn't the case. There is nothing wrong with her skin color either and she is not particularly dark.
Basically you're wylin the fuck out. The only ugly thing in this thread is your self-hatred, if you are black - I dont remember ever discussing whether you were or weren't. If you aren't black substitute self-hatred for racism.

that "mean chick" is a little girl dude wtf :smh:

Peace,

Agreed. This is a stupid thread, man.
 
i think its generally true that your entire argument is seated in your own guilt for thinking a woman with african features is ugly. then you go further to attempt to suggest other people feel the same as you do when that isn't the case. There is nothing wrong with her skin color either and she is not particularly dark.
Basically you're wylin the fuck out. The only ugly thing in this thread is your self-hatred, if you are black - I dont remember ever discussing whether you were or weren't. If you aren't black substitute self-hatred for racism.

:lol:

From the black people I know in my age group, I don't think its at all a stretch to say that I'm not alone in my personal preferences...

The self-hatred thing is interesting... The females in my family are almost all very "fair" skinned (a term which, itself, speaks to the cultural notion that lighter >>> darker) so that's my excuse... I've actually found it dissettling how at so many branches of my own family tree you find a darker guy who just happened to choose a much lighter mate... Then you turn on the TV and its the same way on almost every show-- you'll see My Wife & Kids, for instance; Damon Waynes with light ass Tisha Campbell, Junior with his light girlfriend, and the one dark daughter replaced with a much lighter and much drooled over version... You also see the same thing all over this board.

I see it as more cultural than personal-- I'm just a person born into that culture, so of course its reflected in me to some extent... Personally, I'm definitely conflicted but not at all hateful.
 
that "mean chick" is a little girl dude wtf :smh:

Looked 17ish to me (though it did occur to me she could be younger), its not exactly the most revealing pic in terms of what her body is like; I was just making a general point about her features, don't be too serious.
 
Peace,

Agreed. This is a stupid thread, man.

Stupid as far as me being uninformed about her literacy, sure. I don't think the general point is stupid, though-- Look at the Ewing example. Do you think that the notion that the "kant read" joke has a lot to with her physical appearance is stupid?
 
On the front page right now:

Seriously, How in the hell do you niggas pull Hispanic bitches?!?!

"Do you love Black men" to japanese women

This quote sums up the substance of the latter:
Are you cats seriously drawing conclusions from these wack ass 30second video clips with chicks who dont even speak English?:lol:


Thirsty ass wanna be loved niggas in this thread. :smh:
Damn near every reply is "They like black men there? I'm going to Japan!"

Add to that front page threads on Raven Symone :rolleyes:, Rosa Acosta, Kelly Devine...
 
:lol:

From the black people I know in my age group, I don't think its at all a stretch to say that I'm not alone in my personal preferences...

Are you smoking crack? I thought you were educated. You're using a supposed group of people you know to form a generalization about the myriad people that you don't know shit about?


The self-hatred thing is interesting... The females in my family are almost all very "fair" skinned (a term which, itself, speaks to the cultural notion that lighter >>> darker) so that's my excuse...
So you are merely a trained beast who despite knowing better cannot adapt his thoughts to other forms?
Cop out. Cowardice.


I've actually found it dissettling how at so many branches of my own family tree you find a darker guy who just happened to choose a much lighter mate...
Go read the Souls of Black Folk

Then you turn on the TV and its the same way on almost every show-- you'll see My Wife & Kids, for instance; Damon Waynes with light ass Tisha Campbell, Junior with his light girlfriend, and the one dark daughter replaced with a much lighter and much drooled over version... You also see the same thing all over this board.

You also see dark people with dark people all over television and this board. You can choose to view reality through your own piss colored glasses but that doesn't mean how you see things is how it actually is.


I see it as more cultural than personal-- I'm just a person born into that culture, so of course its reflected in me to some extent... Personally, I'm definitely conflicted but not at all hateful.
Your attempts to justify your ignorance and self-hate is pretty shameful. I hope youre having fun trolling. Bout to put you on ignore Billy.
 
Are you smoking crack? I thought you were educated. You're using a supposed group of people you know to form a generalization about the myriad people that you don't know shit about?


So you are merely a trained beast who despite knowing better cannot adapt his thoughts to other forms?
Cop out. Cowardice.

Dude, I never said it was anything but a generalization... You're acting as if I wrote that no black men are attracted to black women with "African features."

As far as "cop out," I called it an excuse my damn self. Cowardice would be hiding my true thoughts and expressing only the more acceptable ones, which I won't do.


Go read the Souls of Black Folk

I've actually read a good portion of it but thank you anyway.

You also see dark people with dark people all over television and this board. You can choose to view reality through your own piss colored glasses but that doesn't mean how you see things is how it actually is.



Your attempts to justify your ignorance and self-hate is pretty shameful. I hope youre having fun trolling. Bout to put you on ignore Billy.

Man, you really seem foolish right here. How is it self-hate when I'm not even particularly dark (and not at all a female)? Did I say there were no dark people with dark people on TV? When did I attempt to justify ignorance? You seem overly sensitive and you're arguing against strawmen. And I appreciate you as a poster but if you want to put me on ignore I won't be hurt by it. Don't start with that "Billy" bullshit, though.
 
youre in fucking troll mode
dont act as if you havent made bullshit generalizations and tried to pawn off your bullshit ideas about beauty as being forced upon you by your "culture"
Im not overly sensitive or sensitive at all - just calling your bullshit what it is, bullshit. I just feel like answering your fuckery this morning instead of ignoring it.
No strawmen in my remarks - point one out if you disagree.
Your attempt at justification of your self-hatred is laced throughout your remarks. How is it you think that typing lines about culture shaping you that end with "thats my excuse" aren't an attempt to justify your behavior? :lol: gtfoh
If you are of african descent and have a problem with people who look like your ancestors or family members then you are fucking brainwashed and full of self hate.
This is the most ignorant shit you've posted in years.
I couldnt care less what youre hurt by Billy.
 
youre in fucking troll mode
dont act as if you havent made bullshit generalizations and tried to pawn off your bullshit ideas about beauty as being forced upon you by your "culture"
Im not overly sensitive or sensitive at all - just calling your bullshit what it is, bullshit. I just feel like answering your fuckery this morning instead of ignoring it.
No strawmen in my remarks - point one out if you disagree.
Your attempt at justification of your self-hatred is laced throughout your remarks. How is it you think that typing lines about culture shaping you that end with "thats my excuse" aren't an attempt to justify your behavior? :lol: gtfoh
If you are of african descent and have a problem with people who look like your ancestors or family members then you are fucking brainwashed and full of self hate.
This is the most ignorant shit you've posted in years.
I couldnt care less what youre hurt by Billy.

Okay, and you're full of self-hate because you have to have Obama dressed up as a white man in your avatar to validate his achievement. :rolleyes: Anyway, I already pointed out two of your strawman arguments...

Here's a basic lesson, Mr. "I thought you were educated"-- Justify means "To make just." To make something right. So when I describe honest feelings that I have that make me "feel a bit guilty," that isn't a justification-- it's an explanation. There's a world of fucking difference.

I don't have a problem with anyone whose looks indicate African descent-- The whole point of this thread was that I don't like the stereotypes and sentiments black people often ascribe to those who look more African, like Ewing or Barrino.

You're free to dismiss that as "your bullshit ideas about beauty" but nobody is born into a bubble and determining these things for themselves. People are taught ideas about good hair vs bad hair, good features vs bad features. These ideas are cultural and people are largely products of their environments...
 
Okay, and you're full of self-hate because you have to have Obama dressed up as a white man in your avatar to validate his achievement. :rolleyes: Anyway, I already pointed out two of your strawman arguments...

Youre a fucktard if you're comparing a cartoon depicting an african american president in the old style portrait of former presidents with your admission to being a self-hating coon.


Here's a basic lesson, Mr. "I thought you were educated"-- Justify means "To make just." To make something right. So when I describe honest feelings that I have that make me "feel a bit guilty," that isn't a justification-- it's an explanation. There's a world of fucking difference.
justify [ˈdʒʌstɪˌfaɪ]
vb -fies, -fying, -fied (mainly tr)
1. (often passive) to prove or see to be just or valid; vindicate he was certainly justified in taking the money
2. to show to be reasonable; warrant or substantiate his behaviour justifies our suspicion
3. to declare or show to be free from blame or guilt; absolve

Thesaurus

Justify - explain, excuse
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=justify


Costanza Slowhands said:
. The females in my family are almost all very "fair" skinned (a term which, itself, speaks to the cultural notion that lighter >>> darker) so that's my excuse...

A world of difference? GTFOH

btw the educated reference was for your stupid generalizations about your thinking that your group of friends thinking a certain way about something transfers to the rest of the world


I don't have a problem with anyone whose looks indicate African descent-- The whole point of this thread was that I don't like the stereotypes and sentiments black people often ascribe to those who look more African, like Ewing or Barrino.

You're free to dismiss that as "your bullshit ideas about beauty" but nobody is born into a bubble and determining these things for themselves. People are taught ideas about good hair vs bad hair, good features vs bad features. These ideas are cultural and people are largely products of their environments...

You hate stereotypes about african features but you yourself suggest that a formerly illiterate woman is mocked only because she is black and "ugly" - the ugly part being your description which you suggest is the consensus opinion.
And like I said you are falling back on your environment shaping your view as if you have no control over thinking about why it is you believe or feel a certain way and changing that feeling or belief if you find it to be not worthwhile. Thats some braindead bullshit. But since you're an idiot here's some operant conditioning you lowlife self-hating coon faggot bitch nigga scum. Since you are dependent on environment to shape your views Im just trying to help you out.
Bad move with this thread Billy. You've outed your main account.
 
Last edited:
Youre a fucktard if you're comparing a cartoon depicting an african american president in the old style portrait of former presidents with your admission to being a self-hating coon.



justify [ˈdʒʌstɪˌfaɪ]
vb -fies, -fying, -fied (mainly tr)
1. (often passive) to prove or see to be just or valid; vindicate he was certainly justified in taking the money
2. to show to be reasonable; warrant or substantiate his behaviour justifies our suspicion
3. to declare or show to be free from blame or guilt; absolve

Thesaurus

Justify - explain, excuse
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=justify




A world of difference? GTFOH

Come on, Fantasia, read the words on the screen...

"So when I describe honest feelings that I have that make me 'feel a bit guilty,' that isn't a justification"

The definition YOU posted:
3. to declare or show to be free from blame or guilt; absolve

How can I be trying to justify or show myself to be guilt-free when I wrote that I felt guilty about what I expressed, dum-dum?

And the avatar comment was facetious, thus the eye roll.


You hate stereotypes about african features but you yourself suggest that a formerly illiterate woman is mocked only because she is black and "ugly" - the ugly part being your description which you suggest is the consensus opinion.
And like I said you are falling back on your environment shaping your view as if you have no control over thinking about why it is you believe or feel a certain way and changing that feeling or belief if you find it to be not worthwhile. Thats some braindead bullshit. But since you're an idiot here's some operant conditioning you lowlife self-hating coon faggot bitch nigga scum. Since you are dependent on environment to shape your views Im just trying to help you out.

So, what, was it the addition of the "ugly" poll that suddenly transformed me from educated to Slowhands and "an idiot"? I was just trying to show how prevalent the view is, as much as could be done with a simple Internet poll.

Others have done better demonstrations, though...

Dr. Kenneth Clark Conducting the "Doll Test"​

In the "doll test," psychologists Kenneth and Mamie Clark used four plastic, diaper-clad dolls, identical except for color. They showed the dolls to black children between the ages of three and seven and asked them questions to determine racial perception and preference. Almost all of the children readily identified the race of the dolls. However, when asked which they preferred, the majority selected the white doll and attributed positive characteristics to it. The Clarks also gave the children outline drawings of a boy and girl and asked them to color the figures the same color as themselves. Many of the children with dark complexions colored the figures with a white or yellow crayon. The Clarks concluded that "prejudice, discrimination, and segregation" caused black children to develop a sense of inferiority and self-hatred.
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/brown/brown-brown.html


But I'm completely full of shit and a moron to suggest that environment can shape perceptions and attitudes, right? And its very easy to just change who you're attracted to-- I guess there must be no gay people in whatever world you're writing from because they damn sure would be better off just "changing that feeling or belief if [they] find it to be not worthwhile." As you like to say, GTFOH...
 
Last edited:
It appears as if the self-hating coon faggot bitch niggas at the Final Call think I have a point with regard to environment.

New ‘doll test’ produces ugly results

(NNPA) - The reassuring female voice asks the child a question: “Can you show me the doll that looks bad?”

The child, a preschool-aged Black girl, quickly picks up and shows the Black doll over a White one that is identical in every respect except complexion.

“And why does that look bad?”

“Because she’s Black,” the little girl answers emphatically.

“And why is this the nice doll?” the voice continues.

“Because she’s White.”

“And can you give me the doll that looks like you?”

The little girl hesitates for a split second before handing over the Black doll that she has just designated as the uglier one.

This was not the 1954 doll test used by pioneering psychologist Kenneth Clark to help make the case for desegregation in the landmark Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision that outlawed segregated public schools. Rather, it was a doll test duplicated in Harlem, N.Y., last year, more than a half-century after Brown. To the chagrin of parents and psychologists across the nation, the results were unchanged.

The test is again in the news because of an eight-minute documentary produced by 17-year-old film student Kiri Davis of Manhattan’s Urban Academy who participates in the Reel Works Teen Filmmaking program, a free after-school program supported by cable network HBO.

The videotaped doll test resulted from a collection of writings Kiri had compiled on issues of importance to Black girls in her high school. In that writing, she noticed that complexion was a recurring theme.

“I knew what my friends were going through. These standards of beauty just kept coming up,” she said in an interview with the NNPA News Service. “I thought it was an issue that needed to be exposed more, although at times it seemed too taboo to talk about. But I thought a film would just put it all out there and cause discussion.”

In realizing that so many dark-skinned girls have been told that lighter or Whiter skin is more beautiful, Kiri decided to drive home her point by conducting the doll study. The children are from a Harlem Day Care Center. And 15 of the 21 children surveyed preferred the White doll over the Black one.

Mr. Clark and his wife Mamie Phipps Clark, also a psychologist, conducted the doll study in 1950 that showed how racial segregation destroyed the self-esteem of Black children. The Clarendon County, S.C. experiment involved 16 Black children, ages 6 to 9. They asked the children their perception of a White doll and a Black doll. Eleven of the students said the Black doll looked “bad” and nine said the White doll looked “nice.”

The test results influenced the U.S. Supreme Court to hold school segregation to be unconstitutional in the 1954 Brown case. Arguing against the “Separate but equal” doctrine in 1952, Thurgood Marshall, then an attorney for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, cited Mr. Clark’s work as proof of the doctrine’s damage to the self-image of Black children. On May 17, 1954, Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren announced the court’s decision to desegregate schools in Brown v. Board of Education. Mr. Clark’s doll test was one of his citations as proof of the psychological damage on Black children.

The Davis test shows that psychology has not changed very much at all.

“I’m really not shocked, I am sad to say,” says Julia Hare, a San Francisco psychologist. “If you keep doing what you have always done, you’re going to keep getting what you have always had. Our children are bombarded with images every day that they see on television screens and on coffee tables—either the light-skinned female that everybody is pushing or they give preference to the closest to White images.”

Kiri’s film also features brief interviews with four teens who object to having been stereotyped as less intelligent or uglier simply because they do not meet the expectations of advertisers’ perceived standards of beauty.

That White-is-right image is also projected through music.

“Look at our rap artists and entertainers, and not just the Lil’ Kims and the Beyoncés,” opines Ms. Hare. “Their skin is getting lighter and lighter and they’re getting blonder and blonder.”

Gail Wyatt, professor of Clinical psychiatry at the University of California at Los Angeles, says she would recommend to any parent to instill racial pride into their children well before pre-school.

“Youngsters come into their homes making disparaging remarks about being brown or African-descended or about nappy hair,” says Prof. Wyatt. “It is a definite concern of any parent. We want to know how our children can grow up in their own skin. We can’t leave that part of a child’s development to the school system or the neighborhood.”

Children should be socialized between the ages of 2-4 to understand culture and skin color, Prof. Wyatt says. “They should be taught a concept of beauty and a context of ancestry.”

Kiri’s mother, Ursula Davis, an education consultant, says educating her daughter and instilling pride about her heritage was a high priority around the home.

She says that when Kiri was in pre-kindergarten, enjoying the tales of Cinderella and Snow White, she once said out loud at school that she wanted to be a princess, too. A little friend, a Latino boy, quickly dispelled her dream. He told her she couldn’t be a princess because she was Black and that only White girls were princesses. For a while, Kiri believed her little friend—but not for long.

“She grew up with African art around her. We took her to an exhibit in the Smithsonian about Black women in Washington, D.C.,” Ms. Davis recalls.

“She began to read veraciously about Black heritage and African American studies. She has immersed herself since she was very young and we have immersed her in the celebration of who she is.”

And it has obviously paid off, as Kiri looks forward to a future in filmmaking that will also instill pride.

“I only want to make films that are about issues that are of importance to me, films that don’t show the stereotypes,” Kiri shares.

Some parents say their children are bombarded with countless negative images each day and that it takes a special effort to compete with those images.

“I make sure I know what they see and what they watch on television. And many times, we are watching things together,” says Alethea Holland, a Washington, D.C. mother of three daughters ages 7, 9 and 15. “And I give them each a mirror and I try to make them look in the mirror and appreciate their beauty and I make sure that they hear what I say; not what other people say, especially at school.”

Sandra Cox, director of the Coalition of Mental Health Professionals in Los Angeles and a past president of the Association of Black Psychologists, says the short film clip may have understated the problem.

“I believe if any of us out here [on the West Coast] were to do the same study, it would be still worse,” she says. “Hollywood created the standard.”

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/pub...ew_doll_test_produces_ugly_results_2919.shtml
 
youre confusing nurture and nature with gays, environment and cultural values- environment is nurture which gays claim is not their thing- some science proves the nature point with that too - in utero hormone levels and higher birth number prevalence with homosexual males
you can alter the effects or nature and nurture
If you were taught to find african features ugly that doesnt have to be the end of it, if you are hardwired mentally and hormonally to like the same sex then you might have more difficulty changing who you are attracted to in general - apples and oranges




man smiley eye roll meanings and sarcasm are pretty hard to decode in email/forums and IMs

did you really think this was a productive way to question that?
 
So we both agree you have an intellect comparable to a preschool age girl. Cool.

If that's how you read it, Makktasia.

The truth is that preschool girls grow to be girls who grow to be women and a lot of the values learned in childhood last for a lifetime.

I think you're confusing the willingness to discuss with pride in what is being discussed.
 
If that's how you read it, Makktasia.

The truth is that preschool girls grow to be girls who grow to be women and a lot of the values learned in childhood last for a lifetime.

I think you're confusing the willingness to discuss with pride in what is being discussed.
And as you've stated you, much like a preschool age girl, are incapable of changing any belief taught to you as a child.
People may not be able to totally remove something taught and reinforced by culture like that overnight but it can be undone and you can consciously change your actions and beliefs even if there is some subconscious residue.

A better study to cite would be the racial face picture study where people say who are the more trustworthy people etc.
 
Back
Top