Dallas cop enters wrong apartment, kills Black man Botham Jean who lives there [LIVE TRIAL LINK]

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
I just read that manslaughter carries a heavier penalty in the state of Texas than murder, which is why they're choosing it. That doesn't make sense to me, but who am I....and I haven't researched it.
Please post where it says Manslaughter has a heavier penalty cause that's BS
Manslaughter is a SECOND DEGREE felony in Texas. Carries a 2-20 year sentence
They choose it cause that would be the BEST chance to get a conviction.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Please post where it says Manslaughter has a heavier penalty cause that's BS
Manslaughter is a SECOND DEGREE felony in Texas. Carries a 2-20 year sentence
They choose it cause that would be the BEST chance to get a conviction.
I read it under a posting on FB, never said it was law. Even said it didn't make sense to me.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All that "they was fucking" sensationalist bullshit aside,
This bitch killed an innocent man in his own home. She is a murderer no matter what the "law" says. What she deserves is to get smoked, not jailed. Real talk.
Nothing will happen to her. Hell, Zimmerman is still walking around spewing white nationalist bullshit.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On a side note:
I hope his mother doesn't start with that "I forgive I forgive, let God judge", etc, etc
Black people need to stop with that, for every single tragedy
The man ain't even buried in the ground yet

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

She's from one of those islands... She's not blinded by the white man's Jesus....

Amd apparently her fam has some pull.... This will get settled one way or another

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How did she get in the house..

Murdering bitch had to know it wasn't her house when she tried to use her key...

There is something missing from this story..

A really big piece like she was drunk or high off her ass

I know the bitch was tested for drugs and alcohol.

Where is the report..

Manslaughter you gotta be bullshitting???

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Man we always quick to forgive these crakkkas in the name of Jesus. :smh:

6W8MZd.jpg

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
On a side note:
I hope his mother doesn't start with that "I forgive I forgive, let God judge", etc, etc
Black people need to stop with that, for every single tragedy
The man ain't even buried in the ground yet

:hmm::hmm::hmm:
when we say we forgive, we ARE NOT letting the guilty party off the hook.

we want them to face judgment.

we are saying we wont carry the hate, anger and victimization in our hearts and on our own shoulders like its some kind of effective power of revenge.

we're letting ourselves off the hook.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

we are saying we wont carry the hate, anger and victimization in our hearts and on our own shoulders like its some kind of effective power of revenge.

Fuck dat carry hate and anger towards muthafuckas who deserve it!!! :hmm:

KEj6M2.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How did she get in the house..

Murdering bitch had to know it wasn't her house when she tried to use her key...

There is something missing from this story..

A really big piece like she was drunk or high off her ass

I know the bitch was tested for drugs and alcohol.

Where is the report..

Manslaughter you gotta be bullshitting???

It has to be “Manslaughter” unless she knocked on the door intending to kill someone.

If they were dating and she knew him and she killed then it’s murder.

According to the story and if the story is true, she tried to get in the door and it was locked. He probably opened the door and she shot him because she thought an intruder was in her house.

All these convoluted theories seem to be a bit much. If her story is true and it was a mistake, then she’ll have to pay for her mistake.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It has to be “Manslaughter” unless she knocked on the door intending to kill someone.

If they were dating and she knew him and she killed then it’s murder.

According to the story and if the story is true, she tried to get in the door and it was locked. He probably opened the door and she shot him because she thought an intruder was in her house.

All these convoluted theories seem to be a bit much. If her story is true and it was a mistake, then she’ll have to pay for her mistake.

What's second degree murder though...?

Third degree murder?

.an there has got to be a murder charge for killing an innocent man in his own home...

From what I understand she lives in the same complex but was off a floor...

But how high or drunk was she not to notice it's not her apt as soon as the door opened..

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
In a system of WS, white women cant victimize black men so dont expect much or any punishment for this bitch.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Third degree murder?

.an there has got to be a murder charge for killing an innocent man in his own home...

But how high or drunk was she not to notice it's not her apt as soon as the door opened..

Let me first say she’s guilty and she’s in the wrong. She will do and needs to do time.

Now to address your post. A “Murder” charge has to prove intent. The prosecutor has to prove that her intention in knocking on that door was to kill him. If she didn’t know him, she had no reason to knock on his door and kill him.

Years ago I tried using my key to open a door a floor below mine around two in the morning. I kept trying and someone on the other side of the door banged on the door. I re-looked at the number and said OOOOOOOOOOHHH!

I think I had been drinking but it was years ago so I don’t remember. What I’m saying is, it happens.

And as a cop, if you think you’re at your house and a stranger opens the door. You’re probably going to shoot.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Thank you...

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

Incarcer8dagain

Rising Star
Registered
Its gonna be manslaughter in texas, unless some one can discredit her story or she was under the influence (which could still be a tough case). They could tie her history together with whatever racist stuff they could find and say she acted out of reckless regard for human life and this was more of a hate crime, but like I said could be tough. I know they got the picture of her with the white power salute guy.

now if she forced her way into the apartment, she could he tried on felony burglary and if someone dies in the commission of a felony, then she could be tried on the felony murder rule.

If they try her for murder she will walk. I guarantee it. Unless someone has more pertinent information.

Texas's felony murder rule, codified in Texas Penal Code § 19.02(b)(3),[1] states that a person commits murder if he "commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual."

Last edited:

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why would it be manslaughter?

That normally implies accidental or reckless behavior resulting in a homicide.

Murder is the intent to kill. Drawing and shooting shows intent to kill
If she reasonably believed that it was her apartment and there was an intruder who posed danger to her life,then the malice aforethought required for murder is absent.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Third degree murder?

the other cop here in Dallas that shot and killed that 15 year old kid that was leaving a party last year, was charged and found guilty of manslaughter.......the judge only gave him 15 years.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the other cop here in Dallas that shot and killed that 15 year old kid that was leaving a party last year, was charged and found guilty of manslaughter.......the judge only gave him 15 years.

and I still aint get over the brother who was sentenced to ten years for two cannibus joints...

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If she reasonably believed that it was her apartment and there was an intruder who posed danger to her life,then the malice aforethought required for murder is absent.
Manslaughter indicates accidental death.

The death was intentional.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
She had to be high, the fact that she didn't know the red carpet in front her door, try to open the door and your key don't work. Her judgment was impaired.

Then to be in uniform and under the influence should mean something as well. I'm sure they are building up their case with some nonsense like she took this pill for pain prior to going into her apartment, but after she got out of her car. Some nonsense.

I'm following this, cause I know like countless others, she gonna walk.

400 hours community service and retraining.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Read an article about this on Fox News which, not surprisingly, is NOT on its main page. Was surprised in the comments section that majority are in support of the officer being arrested.

This was pure negligence at the highest level. I think they chose the manslaughter charge because it is one that has a higher rate of success.

Even if her argument was that she thought she was in her own apartment and thought he was an intruder. She is highly trained in situations like this. Was there any time that she drew her weapon and identified herself as an officer?? Doesn't seem so.

Classic case of shoot first ask questions later. Which is a clear violation of police protocol and human rights.

Last edited:

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just read that manslaughter carries a heavier penalty in the state of Texas than murder, which is why they're choosing it. That doesn't make sense to me, but who am I....and I haven't researched it.

Not true, you can get probation here for it..

It's a 20 year max class 2 Felony

Lattimore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Straight up assassination by a state employee... to, imo, send a message to POC who immigrate to this country. You're not safe here... the law won't protect you. And in Dallas no less, home of the "my players don't won't kneel" cowboys. They're definitely hoping to escalate the race war.

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
Let me first say she’s guilty and she’s in the wrong. She will do and needs to do time.

Now to address your post. A “Murder” charge has to prove intent. The prosecutor has to prove that her intention in knocking on that door was to kill him. If she didn’t know him, she had no reason to knock on his door and kill him.

Years ago I tried using my key to open a door a floor below mine around two in the morning. I kept trying and someone on the other side of the door banged on the door. I re-looked at the number and said OOOOOOOOOOHHH!

I think I had been drinking but it was years ago so I don’t remember. What I’m saying is, it happens.

And as a cop, if you think you’re at your house and a stranger opens the door. You’re probably going to shoot if your drunk.

Fixed that for ya .....