[Da Official]...Who u voting for in November Thread?

Who u Voting for in November?

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dave Chappelle to Host Post-Election SNL Next Week
By Charu Sinha@charulatasinha
Photo: Getty Images

2a8df18a581e2e1fbcd7dadd562a110be8-dave-chappelle.rsquare.w330.jpg

Dave Chappelle will host our first post-election Saturday Night Live next week, just as he did in 2016 — and considering he won his first Emmy for that hosting gig, we at least have one sure thing to look forward to next week. The musical guest for next week has not been announced as yet. After his hosting debut in 2016, Chappelle dropped in on Eddie Murphy’s SNL monologue last December. Previous hosts from this past SNL season have included Issa Rae, Bill Burr, Chris Rock, and most recently, Adele.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
President Trump denies Axios report claiming he plans to declare premature victory if he appears ‘ahead’ on election night

President Trump says a report by Axios claiming he told confidants that he’ll declare victory on Tuesday night if he appears to be “ahead” is false. Trump went on to criticise Supreme Court rulings that allow absentee ballots that arrive after Election Day to be counted in states such as Pennsylvania saying “as soon as that election is over, we’re going in with our lawyers.” Pennsylvania’s attorney general responded, saying: “Our elections are over when all the votes are counted.”

Mail-in ballots counted after Election Day are as legitimate as in-person votes recorded on November 3, as per state-by-state rules

- "Many states won't be done counting mail ballots by Tuesday night - In Pennsylvania, state law prevents election officials from counting mail-in ballots before Election Day

- It could be days, if not weeks before it is known who won Pennsylvania. If it's a close race, this could also be true for other states, given the record numbers of Americans who voted by mail this year"

– Axios

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

In an episode of Saturday Night Live with more than one musical sketch, the standout wasn’t John Mulaney’s usual lightly comic Broadway revue, but instead a groovy, ’70s-tinged, extremely depressing “get out the vote” PSA called “Strollin.” In the song, a group of four Black voters — Crazy Legs Jimmy (Kenan Thompson), Rubber Band Ronnie (Chris Redd), Pitty Pat Patricia (Punkie Johnson) and Michelle, just Michelle (Ego Nwodim) — sing a song about how they’re “strollin’ to the polls” because “it’s time to march on down and get our voices heard.” As they step-touch in sync to the polling station, they find it’s been shut down, as have the others in their neighborhood. So now they have to stroll along an interstate highway to the polls, dodging cars and cramping up. And when they finally reach an open polling location, they’re met with an hours-long wait and a heavily armed Boogaloo Boy. “Strollin’” is both a goofy, corny song and a genuinely damning political satire about how hundreds of polling locations have closed in largely Black and Latino communities to make it less accessible for minorities to vote. (“I regret living in Texas!”) It deftly points out the hypocrisy of sunny voter PSA messaging (“I saw the ads, they need us!”) that doesn’t acknowledge how actual infrastructure disenfranchises entire communities from safe, free, easy participation in the election process. It’s the catchiest song about voter suppression you’ve ever heard. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so depressing.​

I knew I couldn't be the only one who thought that skit was depressing.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he may be a good follow, but his analysis is depressing the hell out of me...lol

but he did give some good advice in the following tweet:

he may be a good follow, but his analysis is depressing the hell out of me...lol

but he did give some good advice in the following tweet:

Yeah it was depressing to me as well..

At this point, I can't get depressed about what I have no control over. I am prepared to continue living whether Trump or Biden wins. While I hope the later wins, after reading that I really am starting to believe Trump will get another 4 years.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
@Spectrum talk me down, please.

They're trying to find anything so help their guy. Listen, when you look at the district level polling, trump's eroding support across pretty much every demographic, and his lack of releasing internal polling, he's gonna get washed. I am not losing an ounce of sleep. It's over and even his team knows it. That's why he's already talking about taking things to the courts. Which won't even happen because it's not going to be close.

if anything, the polls are OVERESTIMATING Trump's support. I think he's going to lose by more than the averages.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Spectrum talk me down, please.
They're trying to find anything so help their guy. Listen, when you look at the district level polling, trump's eroding support across pretty much every demographic, and his lack of releasing internal polling, he's gonna get washed. I am not losing an ounce of sleep. It's over and even his team knows it. That's why he's already talking about taking things to the courts. Which won't even happen because it's not going to be close.

if anything, the polls are OVERESTIMATING Trump's support. I think he's going to lose by more than the averages.

Trump says he's sending in his lawyers as soon as the election ends to review swing state votes
Allan Smith
NBC NewsNovember 2, 2020

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he's sending in his lawyers as soon as the election ends Tuesday, his latest attack on the legitimacy of this week's unprecedented vote count.

After landing in North Carolina on Sunday evening, Trump was asked about a report published Sunday in Axios that said he could try to prematurely declare victory on Election Day. Trump denied that he would do so, but he lamented Supreme Court rulings that allowed for Pennsylvania and North Carolina to count absentee ballots that are postmarked before Election Day but arrive shortly after Tuesday.
"I think it was a terrible decision for our country. And I think it was a very dangerous decision for our country," Trump said. "Because you're going to have one or two or three states, depending on how it ends up, where they're tabulating ballots and the rest of the world is waiting to find out. And I think there's great danger to it, and I think a lot of fraud and misuse can take place. I think it's a terrible decision by the Supreme Court. A terrible decision."

Trump's claims of widespread fraud connected to mail-in voting have been repeatedly debunked.
"Now, I don't know if that's going to be changed, because we're going to go in night of, as soon as that election is over, we're going in with our lawyers," Trump continued, adding: "I don't think it's fair that we have to wait a long period of time after the election. Should've gotten their ballots in a long time before that. Could've gotten their ballots in a month ago. I think it's a ridiculous decision."

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man I hope you right. I have no background and politics or anything and did early voting last week here in DC for Biden. Just worried when I saw that map and it clearly shows a Trump landslide win...

Hope you are right though..

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

i understand what you are saying. but PTSD from 2016 is real.

until he concedes or the numbers are overwhelming anything is possible.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Man I hope you right. I have no background and politics or anything and did early voting last week here in DC for Biden. Just worried when I saw that map and it clearly shows a Trump landslide win...

Hope you are right though..

A trump landslide literally isn't even possible without massive cheating. There's a chance he can win the electoral college... but a landslide? at minimum, he's gonna lost the popular vote by 5M votes.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
i understand what you are saying. but PTSD from 2016 is real.

until he concedes or the numbers are overwhelming anything is possible.

The PTSD is definitely real and it's been great for the democrats because even up 10 points, they still think they might lose... so people aren't taking anything for granted at all.

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah it was depressing to me as well..

At this point, I can't get depressed about what I have no control over. I am prepared to continue living whether Trump or Biden wins. While I hope the later wins, after reading that I really am starting to believe Trump will get another 4 years.
This guy's analysis of the Electoral College map is a total joke . But, the statement in the 2nd tweet about being in control of your own future is true.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The PTSD is definitely real and it's been great for the democrats because even up 10 points, they still think they might lose... so people aren't taking anything for granted at all.

The best possible thing. I hate those polls from a complacency stand point that shows Biden leading by X-amount of points.
Hoenstly, I get it from a health stand point, but i hate the whole mail-in-ballot thing if you were perfectly capable of voting in person.
All the warning signs have been there that your mail-in-ballot may not end up getting counted. Hell, at this rate it may not get there until
November 3rd, 2022-2023.