Concealed Carry personal protection thread

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've flown many times with my chit, got called once. Never told to put a TSA lock. They have to call you if needed. They should not be able to open or close that at their will. Look it up.

Unless something changed, but I flew to FL twice earlier this year. Never even seen TSA, just showed it to the ticketing agent, they say TSA don't even bother half the time with handguns, just long guns mostly is when they usually need to see "you".

Even here it says "do not use TSA approved locks"

Try it in Dallas and watch what happens.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
always carry with a round chambered.......... It took me the longest to get comfortable doing this. But when you need your weapon, ....YOU NEED YOUR WEAPON RIGHT NOW!

It took me a couple of months before i started carrying one in the chamber...myself..my cousin who was the one that gave me training before i actually got my license and told me after i got my license if u dont want to put one in the chamber then you dont need to pull your weapon in a critical moment. Cause your gonna lose cuz! I understood what he was saying.. so i took that advice and once i was ready i began to carry one in the chamber....but i also got carry insurance as well just in case!

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Gun training classes are no longer required in TN son he may be a casualty due to it.
More like a casualty of thinking handling guns are like what they see on tv or in movies. Only an idiot would put their gun inside their waist or pocket unholstered. Based on where he was shot he either had it in his pocket or carried appendix. Either way it's pure idiocy

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
More like a casualty of thinking handling guns are like what they see on tv or in movies. Only an idiot would put their gun inside their waist or pocket unholstered. Based on where he was shot he either had it in his pocket or carried appendix. Either way it's pure idiocy

For me in the winter time i carry in my jacket pocket no holster... no time to be reaching under my coat when i can just shoot through it... but just my share... doesn't mean everyone should...

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve got to step up my concealed carry game. I ride with either my P50, Ak47 and always my short Ar15 in the trunk… but I’m about to purchase some weapons to have on me at all times when I’m out. I do have a Kel-Tec sub2k that fits in a laptop bag..but haven’t been carrying it. But! With all these crazy ass fools shooting people in public, I need to step it up! They just had a mass shooting at the Allen outlet near where I live, it’s dangerous Everywhere

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
For me in the winter time i carry in my jacket pocket no holster... no time to be reaching under my coat when i can just shoot through it... but just my share... doesn't mean everyone should...
Risky chance carrying like that. The chance of the trigger being engaged or getting caught against something inside a pocket is too high for me. I carry appendix and try to practice my draw to deal with what I'm wearing including while seated in a car.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Risky chance carrying like that. The chance of the trigger being engaged or getting caught against something inside a pocket is too high for me. I carry appendix and try to practice my draw to deal with what I'm wearing including while seated in a car.

Agreed, but i dont keep anything in that pocket when carrying like that, But my firearm.. i know it aint suitable for everyone its just how i like the access.. to many chances for anything to happen

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
just applied in nyc for one
After you finish getting your 5 signatures notarized and schedule your appointment to submit your documentation to the sheriff's office, make sure you check in every once in a while to see if anyone vacated their spots so you can potentially jump ahead on the waiting list. That's what my boy had to do to go from his appointment being over a year out to just over 6 months.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Agreed, but i dont keep anything in that pocket when carrying like that, But my firearm.. i know it aint suitable for everyone its just how i like the access.. to many chances for anything to happen
That may be the case but it being in your pocket not protected by anything over your trigger guard doesn't protect the trigger from being accidentally engaged. Same premise with belly bands that cover the trigger guard with non-kydex material. Anything from the outside can press against the area and engage with the trigger causing a discharge.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I don't understand this part.
Shooting a gun indoors in general is very loud and painful to your ears without ear protection. Pistols are loud and rifles are deafening. Shotguns are deafening and concussive. Even with ear protection on, you're gonna feel the concussive force from a shotgun that'll have you wondering if your ear protection is working. Without ear protection, you'll be very lucky if your hearing ever recovers to be as good as it was before firing that shotgun.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Noise level shot gun blast loud ass hell and disorienting in close quarters.

Not like you gon grab ear protection.
I've lost count of the amount of ppl I've come across who had 2nd thoughts about shotguns after being around them being fired or shooting it themselves for the first time. They quickly learn that shotguns are not what they expected and in many cases don't want any parts of them anymore. The recoil, shoulder pain and loud boom are not like what they see on tv or in movies

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shooting a gun indoors in general is very loud and painful to your ears without ear protection. Pistols are loud and rifles are deafening. Shotguns are deafening and concussive. Even with ear protection on, you're gonna feel the concussive force from a shotgun that'll have you wondering if your ear protection is working. Without ear protection, you'll be very lucky if your hearing ever recovers to be as good as it was before firing that shotgun.

So you think a shotgun is louder than .300 Blackout? I have to disagree. I shoot sporting clays competitively and shoot my shotgun a couple of times a month and go through 200 rounds each time practicing. At the range I shoot at there is also a handgun and rifle range. In my experience, large bore rifles dwarf my 12 gauge o/u in sound.

I've lost count of the amount of ppl I've come across who had 2nd thoughts about shotguns after being around them being fired or shooting it themselves for the first time. They quickly learn that shotguns are not what they expected and in many cases don't want any parts of them anymore. The recoil, shoulder pain and loud boom are not like what they see on tv or in movies

I grew up in the country and a kids first gun was a .410 shotgun or a .22 long rifle. So I guess we are just shotgun people. Hell we got our first guns about 8 years old...LOL.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
American Airlines made me remove the bullets from the magazine when i last checked my gun.
They put your shit in a bag and label it, and tell you that u can pick them up upon return.
Basically forcing u to buy ammo when you get where you're going.
I never had to do that with Southwest or Delta.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
American Airlines made me remove the bullets from the magazine when i last checked my gun.
They put your shit in a bag and label it, and tell you that u can pick them up upon return.
Basically forcing u to buy ammo when you get where you're going.
I never had to do that with Southwest or Delta.
Who told you that, the ticket agent or TSA? Why do you always have issues traveling?

Told you before the times I've traveled they looked at my locked case and just put that orange tag in my bag and told me close my suitcase. Never opening my locked case. I remember during the height of Covid (crazy bullet prices) my fam asked me bring bullets to Florida cause I got them cheap in Texas. I brought two cases of 200 9mm rounds with no issues.

Unless something changed. I didn't fly American, think it was Delta.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
So you think a shotgun is louder than .300 Blackout? I have to disagree. I shoot sporting clays competitively and shoot my shotgun a couple of times a month and go through 200 rounds each time practicing. At the range I shoot at there is also a handgun and rifle range. In my experience, large bore rifles dwarf my 12 gauge o/u in sound.

I grew up in the country and a kids first gun was a .410 shotgun or a .22 long rifle. So I guess we are just shotgun people. Hell we got our first guns about 8 years old...LOL.
Louder is subjective but the shotgun is definitely more concussive. I rock w/ a 300 Blackout cuz I also have a suppressor. Without it, I wouldn't shoot any rifle while indoors either. That's just begging to destroy your hearing.