Claressa Shields MMA debut - PFL

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
osirianprncpl said:
"Let her up." If that coach was white, fire they ass! Whites always protect fellow whites in a system of white supremacy.

Nah...that ain't ain't it bruv. Coaches are Jackson & Winklejohn and they definitely know what they're doing. They're behind Jon Jones, Holly Holm, used to coach Rashad Evans and I believe at one time, GSP. Look them them up.

They were probably very confident in her hand game and as you see, Elkins wanted no parts of stand up with Claressa.

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m sorry but that was bad performance, she needs to invest a lot of time in her grappling, do grappling only exhibition fights like at SUG…

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m sorry but that was bad performance, she needs to invest a lot of time in her grappling, do grappling only exhibition fights like at SUG…
what exactly were you expecting????? She's a boxer.

kinda like people on Twitter telling Nunes that she can whoop her blah blah blah....no shit RIGHT NOW. It takes years to get even decent at that level in grappling. Give her time

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I loved her post fight interview. She is full of personality. Love her determination and never quit attitude.

Agreed. Plus she will improve quite a bit these months and years ahead. Opponents aren’t fucking with her level of boxing aptitude, so it’ll be on her to shore up her defense so that they’ll deal with alot trying to secure and maintain mat advantages. Good to have fellow pros like Holm & Karate MILF Waterson there at the camp to help her round out her skills. Congrats to her.

:cheers:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Completely disagree, Clarissa has been training ground game for about 6 months and just used sheer athletic ability to muscle a brown belt in BJJ under a legit lineage, she literally said nope to an deep arm bar and could have easily won earlier if she would have listened to her corner, the way she was able to use her hips to completely stuff ol girls technique was impressive. Clarissa stated in a earlier interview that she wants to be champ within 3 years, She has the right attitude and the right timeline, she also said in the pre fight that she knew she'd get taken down but she also knew she'd get up, again the right attitude, known ngbthatvmma is no joke...her hands are unmatched in wmma, her physical gifts are unmatched in wmma and when she learns her ground game she will destroy all these bitches. She's at the right camp and the right age to make the transition. Mark my words if she dedicates herself like she says she will, then she will be unstoppable.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
what exactly were you expecting????? She's a boxer.

kinda like people on Twitter telling Nunes that she can whoop her blah blah blah....no shit RIGHT NOW. It takes years to get even decent at that level in grappling. Give her time
Exactly Amanda Nunes was koed by cat zingano early in her career, she never has and never will have the hands that Clarissa has and if she can't take her down, she will die.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Completely disagree, Clarissa has been training ground game for about 6 months and just used sheer athletic ability to muscle a brown belt in BJJ under a legit lineage, she literally said nope to an deep arm bar and could have easily won earlier if she would have listened to her corner, the way she was able to use her hips to completely stuff ol girls technique was impressive. Clarissa stated in a earlier interview that she wants to be champ within 3 years, She has the right attitude and the right timeline, she also said in the pre fight that she knew she'd get taken down but she also knew she'd get up, again the right attitude, known ngbthatvmma is no joke...her hands are unmatched in wmma, her physical gifts are unmatched in wmma and when she learns her ground game she will destroy all these bitches. She's at the right camp and the right age to make the transition. Mark my words if she dedicates herself like she says she will, then she will be unstoppable.
The glee in my face when she she stuffed one takedown with a sprawl.... :bravo:

For a beginner, that was awesome to see....

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

champ in 3 years, in which organization and what weight class??? She can do it at Bellator in 155lbs division, because there’s not much competition, besides that I don’t see it…

I listened to her interview on Joe Rogan, it doesn’t sound like she’s in love MMA, she’s just doing it for the money and the fame…

and for her camp, Jackson & Wink gym is not what they used to be

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
champ in 3 years, in which organization and what weight class??? She can do it at Bellator in 155lbs division, because there’s not much competition, besides that I don’t see it…

I listened to her interview on Joe Rogan, it doesn’t sound like she’s in love MMA, she’s just doing it for the money and the fame…

and for her camp, Jackson & Wink gym is not what they used to be
In the ufc, if you don't see the raw talent and potential idk what to tell you, there isn't a single female on the roster who can hit as hard as her, and Jackson wink still has the greatest MMA fighter of all time and one of the best female MMA fighters of all time, they're bringing in Olympic wrestlers ect. As far as her being in love with the sport, It's prize fighting, money is always the goal, anyone who says otherwise is just promoting, all she needs to be in love with is winning and cashing those checks lol

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the ufc, if you don't see the raw talent and potential idk what to tell you, there isn't a single female on the roster who can hit as hard as her, and Jackson wink still has the greatest MMA fighter of all time and one of the best female MMA fighters of all time, they're bringing in Olympic wrestlers ect. As far as her being in love with the sport, It's prize fighting, money is always the goal, anyone who says otherwise is just promoting, all she needs to be in love with is winning and cashing those checks lol

I’m saving this post, and I will send it to you on June, 11th 2024… only if I’m right lol:cool:

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
STAR-69 said:

I believe i heard an interview where she alluded that she can't call herself the GWOAT if she doesn't challenge herself in the other fighting arts. Fact that she isn't afraid to mix it up by stepping into the cage, we're riding with her over here!

Can only imagine if he started training in mma when he was still Pretty Boy Floyd... :yes:

As another member said, supporting her win-loose-or draw!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

20210610_Sheilds_vs_Elkins_0006.jpg

20210610_Sheilds_vs_Elkins_0064.jpg

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Claressa Shields books next PFL fight on Aug. 19 on ESPN, expected to share card with Kayla Harrison

Multi-division boxing champion Claressa Shields is expected to compete in her second mixed martial arts fight at the upcoming PFL card scheduled for Aug. 19.
Initially, Shields was expected to return to the cage on Aug. 27 but she’s now booked for the Aug. 19 card instead — and there’s a couple of reasons for the switch.

Additional sources confirmed current plans for Shields to compete on the same card as fellow two-time Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison, who is scheduled to face Genah Fabian in the opening round of the lightweight playoffs.