Cigar Smokers A.K.A Cigar Aficionados - Ongoing

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Order them online...you may even get a discount

I know that I can order them online..lol The issue that I have about certain spots in certain states is the excessive shipping. These guys have to add the additional signature required so you end up paying $16 for shipping & they don't offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount like the vast majority of other sites. I see they offer a limited selection of brands, so that may also factor into why they don't offer free shipping.

Also they have me cracking up with the Cuban Cohiba logo advertising the brand, then you click on it & it's our US brand..lol

I order tons of cigars from some of our competitors & the vast majority have better shipping cost & free shipping once you pass a threshold.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know that I can order them online..lol The issue that I have about certain spots in certain states is the excessive shipping. These guys have to add the additional signature required so you end up paying $16 for shipping & they don't offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount like the vast majority of other sites. I see they offer a limited selection of brands, so that may also factor into why they don't offer free shipping.

Also they have me cracking up with the Cuban Cohiba logo advertising the brand, then you click on it & it's our US brand..lol

I order tons of cigars from some of our competitors & the vast majority have better shipping cost & free shipping once you pass a threshold.
I get it. I had over 500 cigars..just collecting...now I've narrowing them down.I didn't know the shipping and handling was gonna hurt you knowing you post so many cigars.We all got a budget. lol

Last edited:

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get it. I had over 500 cigars..just collecting...now I've narrowing them down.I didn't know the shipping and handling was gonna hurt you knowing you post so many cigars.We all got a budget. lol

It's not about a budget, I probably spend more than the vast majority of folks on here & have a bigger collection...lol I also work in the industry (a fair amount of my stuff I purchased before that), my issue is that companies need to factor that in when they choose a single shop to sell a LE product. Working in the industry there is data that shows "shipping" can be a determining factor in where & how much people buy. That's why just about every site offers free shipping on orders over a certain threshold, because the data shows consumers look at that.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

CAO FLATHEAD V23 PAYS TRIBUTE TO THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS​

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the first running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, an iconic car race in France. General Cigar Co.’s CAO brand is celebrating the occasion with a limited edition cigar from its automobile-inspired Flathead line.
The CAO Flathead V23 is a 6 x 60 gordo that uses a Honduran wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and fillers from Honduras and Nicaragua. Like most CAOs, it is produced at STG Estelí in Nicaragua. General Cigar Co. says it was inspired by the Ford GT40, a car that won each race from 1966-1969, and as such, the vitola is formally known as MK1 660.
Each cigar will have an MSRP of $13.99 and they will begin shipping on Sept. 1.

“The new CAO V23 celebrates 100 years of Le Mans and the American muscle car that took the racing world by storm,” said Ed Lahmann, senior brand manager for CAO, in a press release. “V23 has the large-ring, box-pressed, full-bodied attributes of its predecessor blends, and that’s where the similarities end. This smoke is about power, for sure, but it’s more about power and finesse. Just as a legendary racecar like the GT40 MK1 had substance and style, so does V23. This is a cigar lover’s cigar because it’s got body and nuance and is a true pleasure to smoke. We’re excited to share V23 with the fans of CAO.”

The company says that it was inspired by the Gulf Racing livery that was used on the winning car in both 1968 and 1969. While the color scheme is best known for using a powder blue color with orange, technically marigold, as the accent color, the Gulf scheme actually started with a darker blue, which General seems to be replicating for the CAO release.
The 24 Hours of Le Mans takes place at the Circuit de la Sarthe, a mixture of racetrack and public roads in Le Mans, France. Typically, the race is run during the second weekend in June.
This year’s race featured a new rules package, which reduced the number of competitive classes from four to three. This year’s overall winner was a Ferrari, the first time a Ferrari has won Le Mans since 1965. In addition to Ferrari’s return to the podium, Chevrolet and NASCAR ran a modified version of the current NASCAR car as part of Garge 56, Le Mans’ one-off and experimental class.
The race begins at 4 p.m. local time on Saturday and concludes shortly after 4 p.m. on Sunday. As is tradition, the race runs for 24 hours plus one lap. In modern times, each car is run by a team of three different drivers, who swap in and out of the seat throughout the 24-hour period.
General Cigar is not disclosing production numbers for this release.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
No...Never heard of it until now. Im not a fan of flat Shelves but I like the fact that's its affordable

I need one to hold cigar boxes .This is the one I had in mind ..despite the flat shelves

That looks nice, but the reviews aren't as good as the King. And damn expensive too

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That looks nice, but the reviews aren't as good as the King. And damn expensive too
I added another review ...Im still debating on which one to buy and don't mind spending extra $$$$$ The price might have dropped on the NewAir 250 It's is around 3 years old.King Chii is still an option.

Last edited:

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone have the kingChii humidor? Thoughts
Checkout the Newair's, they have a new partnership with Boveda. I have two of the Audew's (3 yrs) & haven't had any issues our of them. My next one of one of the ones that both heating & cooling, then next is a Newair & then a Raching

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

CAO FLATHEAD V23 PAYS TRIBUTE TO THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS​

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the first running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, an iconic car race in France. General Cigar Co.’s CAO brand is celebrating the occasion with a limited edition cigar from its automobile-inspired Flathead line.
The CAO Flathead V23 is a 6 x 60 gordo that uses a Honduran wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and fillers from Honduras and Nicaragua. Like most CAOs, it is produced at STG Estelí in Nicaragua. General Cigar Co. says it was inspired by the Ford GT40, a car that won each race from 1966-1969, and as such, the vitola is formally known as MK1 660.
Each cigar will have an MSRP of $13.99 and they will begin shipping on Sept. 1.

“The new CAO V23 celebrates 100 years of Le Mans and the American muscle car that took the racing world by storm,” said Ed Lahmann, senior brand manager for CAO, in a press release. “V23 has the large-ring, box-pressed, full-bodied attributes of its predecessor blends, and that’s where the similarities end. This smoke is about power, for sure, but it’s more about power and finesse. Just as a legendary racecar like the GT40 MK1 had substance and style, so does V23. This is a cigar lover’s cigar because it’s got body and nuance and is a true pleasure to smoke. We’re excited to share V23 with the fans of CAO.”

The company says that it was inspired by the Gulf Racing livery that was used on the winning car in both 1968 and 1969. While the color scheme is best known for using a powder blue color with orange, technically marigold, as the accent color, the Gulf scheme actually started with a darker blue, which General seems to be replicating for the CAO release.
The 24 Hours of Le Mans takes place at the Circuit de la Sarthe, a mixture of racetrack and public roads in Le Mans, France. Typically, the race is run during the second weekend in June.
This year’s race featured a new rules package, which reduced the number of competitive classes from four to three. This year’s overall winner was a Ferrari, the first time a Ferrari has won Le Mans since 1965. In addition to Ferrari’s return to the podium, Chevrolet and NASCAR ran a modified version of the current NASCAR car as part of Garge 56, Le Mans’ one-off and experimental class.
The race begins at 4 p.m. local time on Saturday and concludes shortly after 4 p.m. on Sunday. As is tradition, the race runs for 24 hours plus one lap. In modern times, each car is run by a team of three different drivers, who swap in and out of the seat throughout the 24-hour period.
General Cigar is not disclosing production numbers for this release.

One of our new sticks, I have a box sitting on my desk haven't cracked it open yet.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just ordered some Aganarsa (Aggies).

Most of the time, a cigar company will choose unique dimensions for each one of the sizes within a line. Every once in a while, there might be an instance when a particular blend is sold in a 6 x 52 toro and also a 6 x 52 torpedo, but even that is fairly rare.

Next week, AGANORSA Leaf will buck the trend entirely by shipping the third different vitola in the Supreme Leaf line that measures 6 inches by 54 ring gauge.
The Supreme Leaf Perfecto (6 x 54) is the seventh vitola for the Supreme Leaf line, which is a Nicaraguan puro highlighted by a corojo 99 wrapper. Supreme Leaf debuted in 2020 and has been offered in various shapes, though all of them have been between 5 and 6 inches long and most have been 52 or 54 ring gauge.
Note: The following shows the various Supreme Leaf vitolas. Some of these cigars may have been released after this post was originally published. The list was last updated on April 30, 2023.

The MSRP for the Supreme Leaf Perfecto is set at $16.99 per cigar and this shipment is limited to 1,500 boxes of 10 cigars. Those cigars will only head to retailers that are AGANORSA Select Accounts, a retail loyalty program used by the company.
“Our Aganorsa Leaf Select Partners choose each year to make a significant commitment to our brands,” said Terence Reilly, vp of sales and marketing for AGANORSA Leaf, in a press release in September. “We wanted to reward them with an exclusive size of our most coveted cigar.”
Supreme Leaf is made at the company’s factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know it, thats why I like to tour the factories outside the US. Even if I am buying in the host country I still know the best smokes that make it to market are B+ at best.

Need more Black owned cigar or tobacco brands we really should have a corner on the market considering our ancestors history.
Ok. I was debating on going to my favorite cigar lounge. Now I'm going lol

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just ordered some Aganarsa (Aggies).

Most of the time, a cigar company will choose unique dimensions for each one of the sizes within a line. Every once in a while, there might be an instance when a particular blend is sold in a 6 x 52 toro and also a 6 x 52 torpedo, but even that is fairly rare.

Next week, AGANORSA Leaf will buck the trend entirely by shipping the third different vitola in the Supreme Leaf line that measures 6 inches by 54 ring gauge.
The Supreme Leaf Perfecto (6 x 54) is the seventh vitola for the Supreme Leaf line, which is a Nicaraguan puro highlighted by a corojo 99 wrapper. Supreme Leaf debuted in 2020 and has been offered in various shapes, though all of them have been between 5 and 6 inches long and most have been 52 or 54 ring gauge.

The MSRP for the Supreme Leaf Perfecto is set at $16.99 per cigar and this shipment is limited to 1,500 boxes of 10 cigars. Those cigars will only head to retailers that are AGANORSA Select Accounts, a retail loyalty program used by the company.
“Our Aganorsa Leaf Select Partners choose each year to make a significant commitment to our brands,” said Terence Reilly, vp of sales and marketing for AGANORSA Leaf, in a press release in September. “We wanted to reward them with an exclusive size of our most coveted cigar.”
Supreme Leaf is made at the company’s factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.

I don't mind to checking these cigars out!!... :yes:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agarnarsa Leaf is a slept on brand Ive been supporting. You will be amazed by the quality

Aganorsa Leaf Honors Master Blender With Cigar Line​

Mar 13, 2024 | By Thomas Pappalardo
Aganorsa Leaf Honors Master Blender With Cigar Line
Photos/Aganorsa Leaf
Aganorsa Leaf has a new cigar line made in tribute to Arsenio Ramos, the tobacco veteran who served as master blender for the company until he passed away in 2018. Called Aganorsa Leaf Arsenio, the blend is a recreation of a blend made by Ramos and was a personal favorite of his to smoke. The cigars will be on display at the PCA trade show in Las Vegas and are expected to start shipping to retailers shortly after in either late March or early April.
Born in 1934 in Cuba, Ramos worked for decades in the Cuban tobacco industry as head of processing for Cubatabaco, specializing in tobacco fermentation. In 2000, he joined Aganorsa Leaf and worked there for 18 years.
“Arsenio was a giant of the Cuban tobacco industry,” Eduardo Fernández, founder and owner of Aganorsa Leaf said. “He was a self-taught man of humble means, a true craftsman. He was a great human being who was instrumental in creating the singular flavor that distinguishes the richness of Aganorsa’s leaf, taking us back to the traditions of a true Habano of old. This blend was his favorite and a tribute to his lifetime of work.”
The blend consists entirely of Nicaraguan leaves grown on farms owned by Aganorsa. The wrapper is a Corojo ’99 leaf from Jalapa, two Criollo ‘98 leaves from Estelí serve as the binder and the fillers are from Jalapa and Condega. According to the company, the cigars are medium in body.
Aganorsa Leaf Arsenio
Aganorsa Leaf Arsenio is available in three sizes: Robusto, measuring 5 1/4 inches by 54 ring gauge ($15.99); Toro, 6 by 52 ($16.99); and—Arsenio’s personal favorite size—a 6-by-44 Corona ($14.99). The cigars ship in blue boxes of 15 adorned with a image of Ramos on the boxes and bands.
“We’ve been working on this project for years now because every detail needed to be executed flawlessly,” stated vice president of sales and marketing Terence Reilly. “We took our time to ensure the final product was worthy of Arsenio and a true homage to his impact on Aganorsa.”
Production for 2024 will be limited to 2,000 boxes of both the Toro and Robusto, and 1,500 boxes of the Corona.
This is not the first cigar to bear Ramos’ name. Back when Aganorsa Leaf was called Casa Fernandez, the company released a cigar called Casa Fernandez Arsenio.
See a rating of Aganorsa Leaf Arsenio in a future issue of Cigar Insider.