Chris Rock's Wrongful Conviction Story Revives Will Smith Slap Support

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In a New York Times podcast, Rock discussed how quick accusations can wrongly convict Black men, recounting Roger Logan's exoneration after nearly two decades behind bars. He admitted skipping legal help due to his rule against unpredictable lawyer costs, a choice that still haunts him.

The clip led many to defend Will Smith's 2022 Oscars slap, with posts claiming he deserved less backlash or should have hit harder, reframing the incident through Rock's story of regret.

More info:

Chris Rock reveals it still f*cks with him to this day that he didn’t pay for a lawyer to help his best friend’s brother, Roger Logan, who was later exonerated after spending nearly 17 years in prison for a murder he was wrongfully convicted of, as Chris Rock expresses regret, saying he had the means to help him but didn’t.

Also, Chris Rock reveals that his best friend used to plead with him to pay for a lawyer to help Roger Logan, as Chris Rock explains that he never did because he had a “no-lawyer thing” since paying for lawyers was so open-ended, revealing that he was always willing to pay for a mortgage, education or anything else, but he stayed away from lawyers because the cost was so open-ended.


Peep the clip below:


 
Last edited:
Admitting to bein a bitch ass nigga...doesn't make u any-less of a bitch ass nigga..

giphy.gif
 
Yeah they were going in on him on Black Threads but I'm like who am I to judge him especially knowing the mistakes I have made in my younger years. I would never admit my worst mistakes publicly, only privately to very close friends which is extremely small. Once you admit it publicly the mob mentality in this day in age are coming for you.
 
In the past I've helped brothers with legal fees. One brother wound up having to do two years. After a heated verbal exchange with a local hot talking Hispanic. Hispanic dude threatened to shoot his family as he was walking into his building to go home. So he went upstairs and got his shotgun. Came back downstairs and blasted dude.

Of course dude cried like a bitch to police about who shot him. Despite all the greasy hot talk he was spitting that earned him that buck shot. He's lucky my dude didn't have riffled slugs. If that had happened in Florida my dude would not have done any time. You can't threaten folks with potential future gun violence against them or their family in Florida and not expect to get shot.

When it is all said and done my dude got out of jail two years later and his baby mamma was somebody else new baby mamma. He had to start all over again and get his shit together. Last time I spoke to him he said he didn't forget about owning me money. I told him to forget about that. I didn't care about the money. I'm just glad he had to do 2 years instead of 10 years. That's what made the money worth it.
 
I beg to differ.
jungle-fever-samuel-l-jackson.gif
He was a crackhead you hated, pookie was a crackhead you loved.. pookie was the crackhead you felt sorry for and you rooted to stay clean..when he hit that pipe you was like nooo pookie don’t go back to it.. than when he got caught you was hoping ice t saved him..when he didn’t you was like fuck those nigs..get them for pookie… pookie wins..now play them guitars
 
He was a crackhead you hated, pookie was a crackhead you loved.. pookie was the crackhead you felt sorry for and you rooted to stay clean..when he hit that pipe you was like nooo pookie don’t go back to it.. than when he got caught you was hoping ice t saved him..when he didn’t you was like fuck those nigs..get them for pookie… pookie wins..now play them guitars
Y'all really out here defending a crackhead over a crackhead........dang, homie....lol.
 
In the past I've helped brothers with legal fees. One brother wound up having to do two years. After a heated verbal exchange with a local hot talking Hispanic. Hispanic dude threatened to shoot his family as he was walking into his building to go home. So he went upstairs and got his shotgun. Came back downstairs and blasted dude.

Of course dude cried like a bitch to police about who shot him. Despite all the greasy hot talk he was spitting that earned him that buck shot. He's lucky my dude didn't have riffled slugs. If that had happened in Florida my dude would not have done any time. You can't threaten folks with potential future gun violence against them or their family in Florida and not expect to get shot.

When it is all said and done my dude got out of jail two years later and his baby mamma was somebody else new baby mamma. He had to start all over again and get his shit together. Last time I spoke to him he said he didn't forget about owning me money. I told him to forget about that. I didn't care about the money. I'm just glad he had to do 2 years instead of 10 years. That's what made the money worth it.

Salute to the god.
 
We talking classic crackhead roles


Flip was cool.. we laughed at the dirty bum.. but pookie had a full circle story.. drug dealer to wounded crackhead, to rehab , to recovery, to wanting to do something for the community, to temptation, to hearing the guitar when he fell to the demons, to him going crackhead happy again, to him getting killed trying to help.. pookie story was a chapter in this novel called new jack city.. a former crackhead took down a million dollar a week operation.. had nino stabbing nig arms and having animosity towards his right hand man.. pookie pretty much was the start of the end of g money and nino brotherhood.. pookie deserve a crackhead lifetime achievement award
 
One has nothing to do with the other. Will is still a hoe ass crash dummy for his cunt of a wife. Chris a bitchass nigga for not taking care of his friend when he clearly had the bread.
Are you willing to be financially responsible for a friend no matter the cost?
 
Are you willing to be financially responsible for a friend no matter the cost?
Gimme a break. Negro has been a millionaire since the 90’s talking like lawyers are infinity expensive. Nobody is saying he needed to go broke or put himself in financial bind to help his friend out, but I’m sure somebody above a public defender would’ve been a big help.
 
One has nothing to do with the other. Will is still a hoe ass crash dummy for his cunt of a wife. Chris a bitchass nigga for not taking care of his friend when he clearly had the bread.

First part is true. Second isn't. Is Chris supposed to pay for all of his friends troubles? The bitchass nigga is the one who expects someone else to solve his problems. Chris can support, but he can't solve it.
 
First part is true. Second isn't. Is Chris supposed to pay for all of his friends troubles? The bitchass nigga is the one who expects someone else to solve his problems. Chris can support, but he can't solve it.
Now you making shit up. Listen, all I’m saying is if I’m doing it for a best friend and I have the bread. I’m making it happen.

If my best friend was in a legal jam and he called me for $1000? Julian got that kind of bread and it’s no questions asked. Now, extrapolate that to a multi-millionaire like Chris Rock and not barely $100k a year negro like myself. I would also feel like a piece shit if I could keep my best friend out of jail for $1k and I didn’t.

Now, if my best friend said, “Hey, I need $10k, I would have tell him, “I ain’t got it bro”, but I can shoot you $____ much. He is my best friend but I’m not gone put my family in bind to help him.

Does any that make sense now? Chris could’ve contributed something to help his so called best friend out. He didn’t have to break the bank. He would have clear consciousness today even if he friend was found guilty.
 
Back
Top