Eddie Murphy reveals the 3 blockbuster hits he wishes he never turned down

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Eddie Murphy says he has a few regrets when it comes to his film career.

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, the 64-year-old “Coming to America” star shared which movies he turned down over the course of his career he wishes he would have said agreed to.

“Yeah, there’s a couple of movies. ‘Ghostbusters,’ I was supposed to do ‘Ghostbusters.’ Didn’t do that. And ‘Rush Hour.’ Didn’t do that. Oh, and ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit.”Those are my big three ‘wish I would have done’ movies.”

When asked why those specific films stood out to him, Murphy said, “They were huge giant hits.”

The first “Ghostbusters” movie was released in 1984, made more than $243 million at the box office domestically and produced a 1989 sequel. “Rush Hour” had two sequels, while “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” brought in over $156 million domestically.

“Well, with ‘Ghostbusters,’ I did ‘Beverly Hills Cop‘ instead. So, it was like, it was do this or that, so it worked out cool. And ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’ just sounded ridiculous to me, and I passed on it. And, afterwards, I was like, ‘Oh that’s f—ing amazing.'”

While he regrets not participating in those movies, his career did not suffer.

He played many memorable characters in movies like “The Nutty Professor” and “Dr. Dolittle.”

He later received an Academy Award nomination for his work in the 2006 movie “Dreamgirls.”


CONTINUED:
 
Eddie Murphy and John Candy in Ghostbusters would've been epic. While I'm not suggesting anyone do it, I can definitely see an AI edit that places both of them in the movie.
Who would of John candy been?


They would of had a lot of fat jokes . Him sliding down the pole and breaking it, him going I can't fit in that small hole in taking the stairs, him falling and can't get up
 
By the way didn't realize who framed roger rabbit made that much. Could of sworn critics didn't like it and some people weren't fans of it to much
 

I'm surprised Dennis Miller has money; he all but disappeared after his HBO show ended. Dreyfus will one day top that list; she comes from a billionaire family.
For some reason, people thought Miller was funny. He would pop up every now and then with some special or appearance. At one point, he became a "conservative" comedian on Fox.

Truth be told, his career lasted way longer than it should have.
 
For some reason, people thought Miller was funny. He would pop up every now and then with some special or appearance. At one point, he became a "conservative" comedian on Fox.

Truth be told, his career lasted way longer than it should have.
I can see it if he invested well or has a side business, but there's no way I believe he's earned more as an entertainer than Chris Rock.
 
I can see it if he invested well or has a side business, but there's no way I believe he's earned more as an entertainer than Chris Rock.
Depends on how many shows he was/is doing over the years vs what Rock was /is doing.

Plus, Rock took a big hit in his divorce. He made that clear when he was promoting one of his Netflix specials.

Not saying this list is 100% accurate, but I have heard about a lot of successful comedians making a killing on on the comedy circuit and I had no clue they even existed.
 
Last edited:
Depends on how many shows he was/is doing over the years vs what Rock was /is doing.

Plus, Rock took a big hit in his divorce. He made that clear when he was promoting one of his Netflix specials.

Not saying this list is 100% accurate, but I have heard about a lot of successful comedians making a killing on on the comedy circuit and I had no clue who they even existed.
Hard to actually know if this is true or not, but Chris Rock was everywhere, and Miller was a memory, at least that's what I think.


Actually, recent estimates suggest Chris Rock is significantly wealthier than Dennis Miller, with Rock's net worth around $60-$150 million compared to Miller's much lower figures (some sources showing him with minimal assets or even a low-millions net worth), making the premise of Miller having more money incorrect; Rock's success stems from massive stand-up tours, specials, acting, and producing, while Miller's career had big moments but fewer consistent high-earning ventures in recent decades.
Chris Rock's Wealth:
  • Multiple Income Streams: Rock has built immense wealth through stand-up comedy (high-ticket tours, Netflix specials), blockbuster films (acting, writing), and television, notes Resident Magazine, Parade, and IMDb.
  • High Earnings: He earns tens of millions from major tours and specials, solidifying his status as one of the world's highest-paid comedians, according to Parade.
Dennis Miller's Wealth (and Discrepancies):
  • Varying Estimates: Reports on Miller's wealth vary wildly, with some financial sites citing very low figures or simply reporting stock holdings in small companies (like Nuvera or Nexstar) as his net worth, suggesting minimal liquid assets or broader wealth accumulation compared to Rock, say Benzinga and GuruFocus.
  • Career Trajectory: While Miller had success on Saturday Night Live and his own HBO show, his later career didn't consistently match the massive, multi-platform earnings of Rock, according to Just Jared.
In summary: The perception that Miller has more money likely stems from outdated information or confusion, as current financial indicators show Chris Rock as having significantly higher net worth due to his sustained, high-earning entertainment career.
 
Who would of John candy been?


They would of had a lot of fat jokes . Him sliding down the pole and breaking it, him going I can't fit in that small hole in taking the stairs, him falling and can't get up
He was supposed to play Rick Moranis's character Louis Tully. He had different ideas of how the character should've been played than what the director/writers had in mind though.
 
Last edited:
Who would of John candy been?


They would of had a lot of fat jokes . Him sliding down the pole and breaking it, him going I can't fit in that small hole in taking the stairs, him falling and can't get up
This is interesting, so who would have Eddie Murphy replaced in the original Ghostbusters? Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, or Harold Ramis, these are the leading male characters. All the other male rolls are support rolls, Ernie Hudson's part is support too. Nah, He made the better choice with the lead roll in Beverly Hills Cop, which launched his career. Eddie Murphy in the original Ghostbusters would have looked like an SNL extended skit, all be it good, with him getting far less billing and credit for the success of the film, IMHO!
 
This is interesting, so who would have Eddie Murphy replaced in the original Ghostbusters? Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, or Harold Ramis, these are the leading male characters. All the other male rolls are support rolls, Ernie Hudson's part is support too. Nah, He made the better choice with the lead roll in Beverly Hills Cop, which launched his career. Eddie Murphy in the original Ghostbusters would have looked like an SNL extended skit, all be it good, with him getting far less billing and credit for the success of the film, IMHO!
In those days, he would have replaced Ernie Hudson and they would have rewritten the script.

Eddie was that dude back in those days and would have been the center even in the midst of Bill Murray.
 
Back
Top