Castlevania The Series Season 4 (FINAL SEASON) (discussion thread (Spin-off Officially Announced)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Assassin’s Creed anime is on the way from Netflix’s Castlevania showrunner

In an announcement via his Facebook page, Adi Shankar revealed he’ll be working with Ubisoft to develop and Assassin’s Creed anime series. We saw this coming during a March Reddit AMA when head of content for Assassin’s Creed Aymar Azaizia confirmed a TV show project was in the works. Shankar’s a busy man it seems, having recently developed an anime show based on the Castlevania series for Netflix, which debuts July 7. The trailer is fairly promising, so if any of its style and self-serious melodrama makes its way into the Assassin’s Creed project, I’m on board. Shankar’s full statement follows:

It’ll be an original story set in the Assassin’s Creed universe, but we don’t know much more than that. What network it releases on, what brooding male protagonist looks like, what time period it’s set it, and exactly how anime it will be still up in the air—but, really, if it’s anime, what can go wrong? Seriously, if it's better than the movie (which should be the easiest thing in the world) I'll be happy.

Thanks, Gamespot.

http://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-anime-is-on-the-way-from-netflixs-castlevania-showrunner/

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Assassin’s Creed anime is on the way from Netflix’s Castlevania showrunner

In an announcement via his Facebook page, Adi Shankar revealed he’ll be working with Ubisoft to develop and Assassin’s Creed anime series. We saw this coming during a March Reddit AMA when head of content for Assassin’s Creed Aymar Azaizia confirmed a TV show project was in the works. Shankar’s a busy man it seems, having recently developed an anime show based on the Castlevania series for Netflix, which debuts July 7. The trailer is fairly promising, so if any of its style and self-serious melodrama makes its way into the Assassin’s Creed project, I’m on board. Shankar’s full statement follows:

It’ll be an original story set in the Assassin’s Creed universe, but we don’t know much more than that. What network it releases on, what brooding male protagonist looks like, what time period it’s set it, and exactly how anime it will be still up in the air—but, really, if it’s anime, what can go wrong? Seriously, if it's better than the movie (which should be the easiest thing in the world) I'll be happy.

Thanks, Gamespot.

http://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-anime-is-on-the-way-from-netflixs-castlevania-showrunner/

First season has got to be more then 4 episodes.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
A tv show isn't getting a movie budget unless it's name is Game of Thrones. Castlevania is full of demons, werewolves, ghosts and ghouls... you just can't have him fighting Dracula. He has to be fighting 10 ft tall monsters to feel like Castlevania. Animated version is better for this material.... Unless you turned this into a feature film. Hopefully if this show becomes a success then Hollywood would take notice and turn this into a legit movie.

But on the real... I'd rather have an animated show that retains the spirit of Castlevania over some rush job crappy CGI movie like I Frankenstein or Dracula untold.

You don't think Joss Whedon could pull it off? Angel and Buffy looked great. Whoever handles Wynonna Earp does Ok, too.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
You don't think Joss Whedon could pull it off? Angel and Buffy looked great. Whoever handles Wynonna Earp does Ok, too.

Yeah but Castlevania involves period piece costumes, tall monsters, flying demon bats and Belmont has to have a whip that is almost a character in itself... this would just look cheap in a live action show. If it was live action they would likely fill it with BS characters and some comic relief to try to hide the lack of a budget.

But again... if this show becomes a huge success then maybe Hollywood will take notice. I'm cool with it being an anime. I mean we can do an entire thread on what happens when Hollywood tries to make a movie from a video game. We have to remember that Resident Evil is the most successful video game to movie franchise. Resident-Fucking-evil...

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Speaking of Wynonna Earp... I'm really close to doing a thread on this show but I'm on the fence. The episodes are great and I like it way more then I thought I would but it can be campy some times.

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Speaking of Wynonna Earp... I'm really close to doing a threa on this show but I'm on the fence. The episodes are great and I like it way more then I thought I would but it can be campy some times.

I've been watching it every week. I haven't started Dark Matter this season, which is why I've been avoiding the thread. I forgot the DVR the first two episodes from the first night, but I downloaded them. I've recorded the rest. I said I was going to watch it tonight, but slam posted The Pest in BGOL cinema so I'm probably going to have that on repeat tonight.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I've been watching it every week. I haven't started Dark Matter this season, which is why I've been avoiding the thread. I forgot the DVR the first two episodes from the first night, but I downloaded them. I've recorded the rest. I said I was going to watch it tonight, but slam posted The Pest in BGOL cinema so I'm probably going to have that on repeat tonight.

Dark matter has been really really good but last Friday's episode was exceptional... especially the first 10 minutes. Definitely avoid the thread until you catch up

I'm the same way with Preacher.... I'm super behind.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Dracula is the hero so far ....but he's only in one episode

Church killed his wife, so he's going John Wick on the whole country.

If,I had to nitpick about the show outside of it being four episodes;they should of had more flashbacks between Dracula and his wife.

And he gave them a chance to get out... they had an entire year.

They were acting like everything was all good,after killing his wife and him coming out of the fire warning them.. :smh:

Man. This shit was good as fuck. Anime worked for it. Great story. Four fucking episodes? Minus whale just called it Castlevania the movie.
I think they were trying to see how people would react,because we know video game adaptions doesn't do well for whatever reason.

I just hope,after we get 8 episodes next season,we get a full 10-13 episode season.To tell you the truth,they should just give it 10 episode next season instead of 8,because it's getting great reviews from sites I've seen.

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah but Castlevania involves period piece costumes, tall monsters, flying demon bats and a Belmont has to have a whip that is almost a character in itself... this would just look cheap in a live action show. If it was live action they would likely fill it with BS characters and some comic relief to try to hide the lack of a budget.

But again... if this show becomes a huge success then maybe Hollywood will take notice. I'm cool with it being an anime. I mean we can do an entire thread on what happens when Hollywood tries to make a movie from a video game. We have to remember that Resident Evil is the most successful video game to movie franchise. Resident-Fucking-evil...

That is what I was thinking. Look at how bad Medusa from Inhumans trailer hair looks, and it is a character into itself like belmonts whip. It would require a Game of Thrones level of financial commitment to pull this off as live action and Netflix already got burned once doing that with The Get Down.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
That is what I was thinking. Look at how bad Medusa from Inhumans trailer hair looks, and it is a character into itself like belmonts whip. It would require a Game of Thrones level of financial commitment to pull this off as live action and Netflix already got burned once doing that with The Get Down.

Truth 3K.... I think Inhumans is a great example. There is no way that ABC is going to be able to do that show justice on the small screen. I mean they might shock me... the shot of Black Bolt walking down some American street in a suit didn't give me alot of confidence.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Adi Shankar Talks Castlevania Season 2, Assassin’s Creed And What He'd Like To Work On Next

Adi Shankar has been quite busy as of late. Not only did he help put together the awesome Castlevania mini-series that just debuted on Netflix, but he’s also hard at work on a new Assassin’s Creed animated series. But that didn’t stop him from taking the time to talk to Nintendo Life about those projects…as well as one he’d love to work on.

When asked about the status of the second season of Castlevania, which will get double the episode order of the first season with a total of eight episode, he confirmed. “Yeah, the script are done and they blow Season 1 out of the water.” But when asked if it would wrap up the narrative that ties in with Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (which the series is based around), Shankar refused to answer, noting, “I don’t want to spoil it!”

He also noted what inspired him about Castlevania, and what future plans for the series could be. “Here’s what I love about Castlevania: to me, it’s always been a story about multiple generations of a family. It’s a timeline that spans many many centuries. Making this show was a dream come true and I would love to keep making as many seasons of this as they’ll allow me to. As long as the fans keep watching the show and engaging in social media about it then the team and I will be able to tell a lot of Castlevania stories.”

He also talked a little bit about Assassin’s Creed, though that’s still in the planning phase. “Lots has been decided, but I’m not going to reveal any of it,” he noted. “It’s going to be dope.” (If it’s on the same level of his previous work, we’re certainly not going to doubt him.)

But what’s really fascinating is what he noted he wanted to work on next, if he were to get a crack at another video game series. “Dark Metroid in the same anime style.” We’re pretty sure Nintendo would strike gold with the fans if it worked with him on that.

The first season of Castlevania is available on Netflix now, and the Assassin’s Creedseries should begin production soon!

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/07/...stlevania-season-2-assassin-s-creed-and-what/

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
SHit was Fucking legit but gawd damn... I didn't know this was just four episodes. I knew they split up the first season but I was somehow thinking this was going to be Six episodes.

Side note the voice acting was great in this... especially the voice of Trevor Belmont.

Man, I was hoping to binge watch. This shit live as fuck. I couldn't wait till that crooked ass bishop got his just desserts.

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This shit was raw as fuck. I'm hurt I only get 4 eps. Hope they don't be on that AOT bullshit.

Next season drops early 2018...
but I'm going to need Netflix to just go on and do and what they did with Voltron... Give this show a 52 episode order.. so they continuously map out and work on Seasons.

Just these 4 episodes... set up this amazing world that I can't wait to watch. You have the Speakers and why they speak but not record history.. you have a gangster Catholic Church... you have tons of potential backstory for Dracula and his son.

Hell I could take an entire episode just on how this Dracula's dead wife was able to get him interested in going out and seeing the world and what he saw of humanity on his travels.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Adi Shankar Talks Castlevania Season 2, Assassin’s Creed And What He'd Like To Work On Next

Adi Shankar has been quite busy as of late. Not only did he help put together the awesome Castlevania mini-series that just debuted on Netflix, but he’s also hard at work on a new Assassin’s Creed animated series. But that didn’t stop him from taking the time to talk to Nintendo Life about those projects…as well as one he’d love to work on.

When asked about the status of the second season of Castlevania, which will get double the episode order of the first season with a total of eight episode, he confirmed. “Yeah, the script are done and they blow Season 1 out of the water.” But when asked if it would wrap up the narrative that ties in with Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (which the series is based around), Shankar refused to answer, noting, “I don’t want to spoil it!”

He also noted what inspired him about Castlevania, and what future plans for the series could be. “Here’s what I love about Castlevania: to me, it’s always been a story about multiple generations of a family. It’s a timeline that spans many many centuries. Making this show was a dream come true and I would love to keep making as many seasons of this as they’ll allow me to. As long as the fans keep watching the show and engaging in social media about it then the team and I will be able to tell a lot of Castlevania stories.”

He also talked a little bit about Assassin’s Creed, though that’s still in the planning phase. “Lots has been decided, but I’m not going to reveal any of it,” he noted. “It’s going to be dope.” (If it’s on the same level of his previous work, we’re certainly not going to doubt him.)

But what’s really fascinating is what he noted he wanted to work on next, if he were to get a crack at another video game series. “Dark Metroid in the same anime style.” We’re pretty sure Nintendo would strike gold with the fans if it worked with him on that.

The first season of Castlevania is available on Netflix now, and the Assassin’s Creedseries should begin production soon!

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/07/...stlevania-season-2-assassin-s-creed-and-what/

Did he say Metroid...

Man Nintendo would be fucking idiots to not sign off on this and it would have to be Netflix.

You dont even need to make Metroid raw as fuck.. just make it like Metroid Prime.

Last edited:

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
I almost kind of wish they waited until next year to drop the full 13 episodes. I get that they wanted to surprise the fans and they did... I didn't expect this but now I need fucking more. This just felt like a tease.

I'm going to need Netflix to go on and renew this for a 13 episodes 3rd season.

I can't take it. I already gotta deal with this shit from AOT. That shit was gettin' juicy. My dawg was in da church talkin' cash shit to da bishop.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I can't take it. I already gotta deal with this shit from AOT. That shit was gettin' juicy. My dawg was in da church talkin' cash shit to da bishop.

I love how those priests were talking shit to Trevor in episode 2 and Trevor was like I've been out of practice but someone is going to get hurt...

Dude Whiped an eye out of socket.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
shit was too slow for me action and gore was great tho