Castlevania The Series Season 4 (FINAL SEASON) (discussion thread (Spin-off Officially Announced)

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was lame...

i never saw this. It was pretty damn good. I never really watched the power rangers, but I did see maybe a handful of episodes. This took it in a direction that made sense, and it it looked good. I'd watch this. Excited for the castlevania debut

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i never saw this. It was pretty damn good. I never really watched the power rangers, but I did see maybe a handful of episodes. This took it in a direction that made sense, and it it looked good. I'd watch this. Excited for the castlevania debut

Agreed...

Hell the fight scenes in that were better than iron fist.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Netflix's Castlevania Trailer, Release Date, Story, & Everything Else We know
The principal actors are in place for Netflix's upcoming series.
netflix-castlevania.jpg

NEWSMatthew Byrd
Jun 30, 2017
Castlevania is finally getting its own animated series. The story of the Belmont family of vampire hunters will come to Netflix from the minds of producer Adi Shankar and writer Warren Ellis.

Konami's action-platformer video game series first arrived in 1986 for the Nintendo Entertainment Series, and has since expanded to over 30 titles, including Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, and Lords of Shadow. With over 30 years of hunting down Dracula, it was only a matter of time before the Belmonts made their way to television.

Here's everything we know about the series:

Netflix Castlevania Latest News
Netflix has revealed the principal cast of voice actors for their upcoming Castlevania animated series. The cast is highlighted by the contributions of Richard Armitage (perhaps best known for his work in the TV series Hannibal) will be playing Trevor Belmont while Graham McTavish (who plays the Saint of Killers on AMC's Preacher TV series) will be playing Dracula.

Rounding out the cast will be voice actors Matt Frewer, Tony Amendola, Emily Swallow, and Alejandra Reynoso. For the full breakdown of the known voice actors so far, be sure to check out the official video announcement below:

Netflix Castlevania Release Date
Castlevania will premiere on July 7, 2017 on Netflix.

Netflix Castlevania Story
According to Netflix's official description of the show (via IGN), the Castlevania animated series follows "the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself."

Furthermore, the plot will be a rough adaptation of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, which makes sense given how deeply that game tapped into the Castlevania mythology. Dracula's Curse told the story of Trevor Belmont and his mission to slay Dracule once more in 1400s Europe. fought to stop Dracula from ravaging Europe in the 1400's. This was also the game that introduced Alucard, Dracula's son.

Netflix Castlevania Details
The show is being helmed by producer Adi Shankar - creator of this Power Rangers short - and written by comic book scribe Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan). Shankar told IGN that Ellis "added so much depth to the material."

An old Facebook post from Shankar also suggests that it could be a "super violent" and "satirical" take on the vampire sub-genre. A recent update from Shankar to IGN, portrays the show in a different light. He describes the show as "Castlevania done in the vein of Game of Thrones." That means that the show will be, in Shankar's words, "R-rated as fuck" and "the best fucking video game adaptation we've had to date."

Frederator Studios, makers of Adventure Time, are behind the animation. The studio had previously stated that they were working on "a project right now that we’re doing that needs to go unnamed, based on one of the most world-famous video games of the last 30 years, that we’ve had in our shop for 12 years without being able to get it started."

To say that this news is unexpected would be quite the understatement. There had been no concrete indication that Konami was even considering such a program much less that they were thinking about releasing it via Netflix.

Specifics aside, the fact that there will soon be a Castlevania show to binge watch is exciting enough on its own. While we'd be lying if we said that this is how we expected Konami to return the franchise to prominence, it's encouraging to know that they still have plans for some of their beloved franchises that don't involve slot machines.

Netflix Castlevania Poster
Castlevania exec producer Adi Shankar has dropped the first official bit of art from the upcoming series in the form of an awesome poster:

castlevania-draculas-castle-netflix-adi-shankar.jpg

That's indeed none other than Dracula's castle, the one that's appeared in countless Castlevania games since 1986. It looks better (creepier) than ever in this poster. Can't wait to see what this show is all about!

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/c...er-release-date-story-everything-else-we-know

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Yeah dude... the episodes were great but gawd damn it... there were only 4. So basically right when things are looking like shits about to get real.. season finale.

But don't overlook it though... the animation, action, voice acting and story are top notch.

The first epsiode really allows you to see Draculas motivation. He doesn't start off as pure evil.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
??? A live action tv version of Castlstvania would look horrible.
Bullshit. First Underworld, I Frankenstein, Interview W/a Vampire, I Am Legend, Blade, Dracula Untold, etc... all worked GREAT visually. This could have been awesome on a decent Netflix budget.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Bullshit. First Underworld, I Frankenstein, Interview W/a Vampire, I Am Legend, Blade, Dracula Untold, etc... all worked GREAT visually. This could have been awesome on a decent Netflix budget.

A tv show isn't getting a movie budget unless it's name is Game of Thrones. Castlevania is full of demons, werewolves, ghosts and ghouls... you just can't have him fighting Dracula. He has to be fighting 10 ft tall monsters to feel like Castlevania. Animated version is better for this material.... Unless you turned this into a feature film. Hopefully if this show becomes a success then Hollywood would take notice and turn this into a legit movie.

But on the real... I'd rather have an animated show that retains the spirit of Castlevania over some rush job crappy CGI movie like I Frankenstein or Dracula untold.

Last edited:

MonkeyBizness

Man of the People
Registered
Netflix has to diversify their product offering. By producing an original anime, they become a destination in the mind of anime heads. They're trying to blow out their segmentation across the board. A live-action version of a classic video game wouldn't be as impactful as an animated version of a classic video game. You get the young and old heads in one fell swoop, while making a mark in the world of anime.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Netflix has to diversify their product offering. By producing an original anime, they become a destination in the mind of anime heads. They're trying to blow out their segmentation across the board. A live-action version of a classic video game wouldn't be as impactful as an animated version of a classic video game. You get the young and old heads in one fell swoop, while making a mark in the world of anime.

Preach... same thing they did with Voltron and now Voltron is a huge hit for them.

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good so far. But damn...just finished episode 3 and I'm about to start 4. Which is the final episode of the season!!! Voltron has 10 episodes. 4 is too little!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I almost kind of wish they waited until next year to drop the full 13 episodes. I get that they wanted to surprise the fans and they did... I didn't expect this but now I need fucking more. This just felt like a tease.

I'm going to need Netflix to go on and renew this for a 13 episodes 3rd season.

Timdawg187

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And we all know how video game live action movies turn out...

Kadraven

Rising Star
Registered
As the great poet Andre Young once said
Daaaaammnnn that shit was dope.

Especially if you played the game back in the day
Pissed it was so short though
:angry::angry:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
They did a great job,but dayum I didn't expect it to have four episodes ....They should of made each episode 45 minutes,if they knew they was going to have four episodes though.I thought that's what they was going to do in the first place.

I'm looking forward to season 2