Canadian Wildfires fucking up air quality in the Northeast…

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
That shit looks bad in some of the other camera views, be safe out there everyone, I'm calling my NYC family now.

Some outdoor events canceled in NYC, at area schools due to smoke

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Smoke from hundreds of wildfires burning in Canada has traveled into the Tri-State area, impacting local schools and events.

Health experts have advised residents to limit exposure outside due to Air Quality Alert in effect. People with heart or breathing problems and children and older adults may be especially sensitive and should avoid outdoor activities.

EVENTS CANCELED​

Opening night of BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! has been canceled due to the air quality alert but said in a statement, "We're excited to see you this Saturday for our Family Day and all summer long for the rest of the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! season."

The NYC Parks Department canceled all outdoor events Wednesday, including "Movie Under the Stars," which was scheduled at several parks throughout the five boroughs.

Hudson River Park's Jazz at Pier 84, which was scheduled for 7 p.m. along the waterfront, is also canceled.

SCHOOL ALERTS​

All New York City public schools have also canceled all outdoor activities.

The Clifton, Verona, and East Orange school districts have canceled recess and outdoor activities. The Wayne school district has issued a minimal schedule for all students and has canceled after-school activities as well.

All Woodbridge Township residents are urged to limit outdoor activities, and the Woodbridge Township School District has restricted outdoor extracurricular activities for the day.

Over in Hoboken, the public school district has canceled field trips, outdoor recess, field days, and outdoor physical education.

Mahwah Township said it has closed all fields for the day for the safety of athletes and players.

Public schools in Huntington said all physical education classes and activities take place inside Wednesday.

Gov. Kathy Hochul issued the following statement about children and their safety outdoors in these conditions.

"Over the past several days, my team and I have been closely monitoring air quality and providing updates to New Yorkers as haze and smoke from Canadian wildfires continue to spread throughout the state. The State Department of Environmental Conservation and State Department of Health have issued air quality warnings since Monday, and according to the most recent forecast, much of the state outside of the North Country is expected to be in an air quality index of unhealthy to very unhealthy today. Additionally, my administration has been in contact with the cities of Syracuse, Rochester and New York. I support their decisions and the decisions of other districts to suspend outdoor school activities and strongly urge those who have not yet done so to follow suit."

WHAT TO KNOW​

Exposure to elevated fine particle pollution levels can affect the lungs and heart.

Dr. Mangala Narasimhan, SVP of Critical Care Services at Northwell says that smoke in the air "affects lots of different parts of your lungs. It causes you irritation, it causes people to cough, it causes difficulty breathing because the air is so heavy."

The air quality alerts caution "sensitive groups," a big category that includes children, older adults, and people with lung diseases, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Kids, who often are encouraged to go out and play, "are more susceptible to smoke for a number of reasons," said Laura Kate Bender, the lung association's National Assistant Vice President, healthy air. "Their lungs are still developing, they breathe in more air per unit of body weight."

A toll-free air quality hotline has been established so New York residents can stay informed on the air quality situation. The toll-free number is 1-800-535-1345.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
They should just make today the official JR Smith holiday in the North East, got all of us out here like..............

huh-jr-smith.gif

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Shit is horrible.

To make it worse I'm working in the office today and these geniuses decided that today was a great time for a fire drill :angry:
My office pulled that shit last Wed :fuckyousay:

This chick I know works Downtown in FiDi and just sent me a pic, shit looks smoked the fuck out.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
My office pulled that shit last Wed :fuckyousay:

This chick I know works Downtown in FiDi and just sent me a pic, shit looks smoked the fuck out.

That shit pisses me off, got us filing out on the street like we're in kindergarten

Especially since if a real fire happens all that shit is out the window and I'm going straight Michael Scott in this bitch

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
The sky keeps shifting between Post-Apocalyptic Smoke Grey to Meteor Attack Martian Red Haze over here

...the current forecast right now on weather.com is "Smoke" :smh:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The sky keeps shifting between Post-Apocalyptic Smoke Grey to Meteor Attack Martian Red Haze over here

...the current forecast right now on weather.com is "Smoke" :smh:

Bruh like some bright orange shit.... this is more than just a wildfire,

You askin a real knigga such as myself..... some kind of military testing

or fuckery is going on, and they are using a wildfire to cover it up...

Remember the canadian wildfire of 2016.. shit was supposed to be the worst

in recorded canadian history and OF COURSE its started by

FORT McMURRY... coincidence.. I think NOT!!

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
I'm on the coast of Lake Erie! lolz. But yeah, this shit is very eerie. Feels like I'm wearing shades, everything has an orange hue.
I feel like this shit has been going on for at least a week or two in north west Ohio. Moon has been red or orange for a while now but noticed how hazy the sky looks a few hours before the sun sets.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw pics of NYC bridges and Citi Field on twitter and it looks like they found a big urban city on Mars.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yea this captured it really well.. that orange hue was fuckin wild as fuck... but now it appears to be clearing up...

and I mean APPEARS shit seemed to be clearing up yesterday, then today we get a fuckin orange city bruh...

folks walkin around like.. Da fuck is going on???

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was wondering what the fuck was going on yesterday morning, the air was mad smoky and overcast...I thought it was just some local fires causing it, after I got the air quality warning on my phone I realized the shit was happening way up in Quebec fucking with us..