• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What’s considered broke?.... many of ya relatives were broke decades ago or a century ago and still manage to be happy... there’s many civilizations that weren’t capitalistic societies that had villages built, every1 had a purpose, jobs, had food, shelter, celebrations,etc and were happy

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Man some of my best memories in life so far came from when I was flat broke.

I think if you’re one of the lucky few that can realize what money is and be comfortable with that, you can easily live a happy life without much of it.

The biggest issue is that capitalism is such a part of our everyday lives that people actually begin to think that this constant chase of finance is actual life.

People will go 100 years of their lives without knowing anything else but the white man’s dollar.

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know for certain, but I bet there are plenty of 3rd world people living off the land who are happy.
I get your point, and it is right, but don't lose sight of the fact that people in developing countries (the term "third world" is a misnomer) are not all poor by any stretch. There are millionaires plenty in just about every country on Earth. I don't care what country you go to you'll see Mercedes Benzes, Beamers and the ever internationally popular Land Rovers, country clubs, high society golf courses .... that applies even to the poorest countries in Africa, generally poor places like Mexico, Albania, Serbia, Bangladesh, Nepal.... wherever. If Black amerikkka was a country, we might qualify as being called "third world" by many.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sure can because money brings problems and it may not be you it's everyone.It brings the worse out of people.They will lie steal and kill to get it.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In America one can not live healthy comfortably safely productively worry free etc etc etc being broke. However one defines it. So No not in America...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
A lot money only brings one thing.

And that is peace of mind of not worrying about paying for anything you need or want.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
That question has so many answers…..it depends what situation you are in and where you are at in life.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As long as your material needs are met then yes. Food , housing and access to health care then yes. Also your satisfaction is not derived from possessing things that have no instrinsic worth.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot money only brings one thing.

And that is peace of mind of not worrying about paying for anything you need or want.
Really...so are you not happier paying your bills on time? Are you not happier providing the best environment for your family to live in? What about being about providing your kids with the best education? Or being able to afford health care? Money buys a lot of things including certain forms of happiness....

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Really...so are you not happier paying your bills on time? Are you not happier providing the best environment for your family to live in? What about being about providing your kids with the best education? Or being able to afford health care? Money buys a lot of things including certain forms of happiness....

That’s not happiness, that is peace of mind.

Your not worrying about every day life.

Paying your bills from the income of a job that you hate is not happiness. Lots of folks out here making big money are working jobs they can’t stand.

They may have a passion to paint, to play a instrument, to be a professional dancer or be a actor.

Those professionals don’t pay jack shit. So they go out here and get the job that sucks that pays the big money to support the family.

It’s why it’s not uncommon to see older people when their kids become adults and move out, get into their lifelong passions they had to delay to provide for a family.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ask that bad ass chic...yur tryin to get/keep..

giphy.gif

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s not happiness, that is peace of mind.

Your not worrying about every day life.

Paying your bills from the income of a job that you hate is not happiness. Lots of folks out here making big money are working jobs they can’t stand.

They may have a passion to paint, to play a instrument, to be a professional dancer or be a actor.

Those professionals don’t pay jack shit. So they go out here and get the job that sucks that pays the big money to support the family.

It’s why it’s not uncommon to see older people when their kids become adults and move out, get into their lifelong passions they had to delay to provide for a family.
Dude u going all over the place. Money doesn't take away pain. We all are going to cry over something or someone. That's life. I would rather cry in the back of a Mercedes than a Honda :giggle: .... they don't call stress the silent killer for nothing. In America nah fam being broke is not it....