Yes or no

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I lost a child. Nothing will make me unhappy. No amount of money will bring me the happiness, I got life/health im happy.

Now I live in a african country where no one has much and the community love happiness is way higher than when I lived in America.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ask that bad ass chic...yur tryin to get/keep..

giphy.gif
Most bad ass chicks origin story are from being broke.. lot of them bad bitches come from the projects and hood and have sucked many broke dicks in their life.. don’t let the image at her best fool you..hell many bad bitches (internet version) take nice pics and than take their ass back home in the projects.. I know or made some bread with some of these “bad bitches” that nigs loved on this board..they’ll post their stacks, eat at some fancy restaurant and at the end of the night will take they ass to the projects and go to sleep cause they still live in the hood.. the internet made a lot of hood bitches create fake imagery of them being something their not.. they’ll have red bottoms in a pic and will be taking a group Uber home .. that be the reality of a lot of these broads.. they be talking about nigs broke and only threw such a such amount in the club yet they go lay next to a broke nig in the hood who they probably got to take care of.. so as the old going says don’t listen to what a broad says watch what they do.. cause lots of that particular demographic say and do two diff things

Dark08

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes you can be broke and happy. That does not stop you from being ambitious and wanting more... or knowing that having less causes problems. There is always something out of your reach. No amount of money in the world as of yet can stop far along pancreatic cancer(ask Steve Jobs). Bad shit happens to all people. Some things that require resources yes less of it happens if you have money and you can get in better positions but you not immune to problems unhappiness so on and so fourth.
  • So anyone saying you can't be happy broke is saying for thousands upon thousands of years before civilization homo sapiens were unhappy?
  • Are you saying now that most of the world is unhappy today?
  • What is broke if they say 60% of Americans can't afford a $1000 unexpected bill, are they broke and are they all unhappy?
  • How does the level of broke translate to other communities around world?

Money HELPS a whole lot in life but it's not the source of happiness. It allows you be in a better position to handle a lot of problems. It's not the source of happiness but it does help.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Some of the most known kids game was “broke” games.. tag, duck duck goose, red light green light, dodge ball, kick ball, stoop ball, hand ball, stick ball, monkey in the middle, skelzy , I could go on .. your fave kid game was broke games and you loved it and still to this day the new generation love it.. tag you’re it..existed for decades and still going strong

Hip hop was created by a culture who were poor.. things like breakdancing and beatboxing were created from broke dudes.. they used natural talent and black excellence

Calisthenics was the perfect exercise created through lack of money for equipment.. been used for centuries possibly thousands of yrs ago

The worlds most popular/biggest sport is soccer and that’s cause many poor countries can easily play it

Broke help create diff genres, entertainment, exercise, music, food, culture, dance, etc..making something out of nothing or as people say turning lemons into lemonade.. most of those things created lots of enjoyment and happiness

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sure you can...just ask James, Florida, Thelma, J.J. and Micheal...

Good Times.
Any time you meet a payment. - Good Times.
Any time you need a friend. - Good Times.
Any time you're out from under.
Not getting hassled, not getting hustled.
Keepin' your head above water,
Making a wave when you can.
Temporary lay offs. - Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs. - Good Times.
Scratchin' and surviving. - Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line - Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em - Good Times.

CLOSING THEME LYRICS

Mmmmmm
Just lookin' out of the window.
Watchin' the asphalt grow.
Thinkin' how it all looks hand-me-down.
Good Times, yeah, yeah Good Times

Keepin' your head above water
Makin' a wave when you can

Temporary lay offs. - Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs. - Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em - Good Time
s.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
depends on your definition of broke. Can you get by in life being broke, yes. I've been broke before and i managed, but it sucks. Can you be happy (as an adult) - HELL NO. Let's not confuse broke with being frugal (me). Having the ability to purchase things but choosing not to makes me happy - in the sense that i'm not trying to keep up with everyone else.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Broke means you can’t pay for shit which leads to stress so no you can’t be happy as an adult being broke especially if you have a family.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
Only if you live off of the land, hunter-gatherer type of lifestyle.
If you live in this fake economical, corporate, monetary system, fuck no!
And if you live in this globalist, monetary system, money can buy you happiness.
Broke folks made up that stupid saying that money can’t buy happiness.​

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Broke means you can’t pay for shit which leads to stress so no you can’t be happy as an adult being broke especially if you have a family.
Some people will tell you in college they were broke.. but they had the time of their life.. they had room, food, shower.. they were able to navigate through them 4 yrs.. some had cars some didn’t.. but still had hell of fun.. that’s 1 of the reasons why I said the term broke means something diff to many people.. you can have all the essentials but just don’t have the money for bigger wants... like you could have the car that gets you place to place but you want a nicer car but to broke to get it... but that car you have now does it’s job and purpose

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Some people will tell you in college they were broke.. but they had the time of their life.. they had room, food, shower.. they were able to navigate through them 4 yrs.. some had cars some didn’t.. but still had hell of fun.. that’s 1 of the reasons why I said the term broke means something diff to many people.. you can have all the essentials but just don’t have the money for bigger wants... like you could have the car that gets you place to place but you want a nicer car but to broke to get it... but that car you have now does it’s job and purpose
True, but once out of college that same life won’t work. I think everybody in college is broke as hell unless you’re from a rich family so you’re surrounded by broke people . Women etc all broke so everybody in the same situation. At Famu all us were eating ramen noodles using the bathroom hot water to cook them. Shit was crazy but it was fun.

I got some friends now who drive buckets and struggle and love their family but are seriously depressed about money issues and being broke. It dictates their whole life and future. You can be partially happy but on the back of your mind money is there.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Some people will tell you in college they were broke.. but they had the time of their life.. they had room, food, shower.. they were able to navigate through them 4 yrs.. some had cars some didn’t.. but still had hell of fun..
Ignorance is bliss...

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sure people living hand to mouth, worrying about where their next meal is coming from or how they're gonna keep a roof over their head are just happy as shit. What kind of question is this??? :confused:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Happiness is subjective anyway.

I hate to sound cliche, but not being broke just means it’s one less thing you have to worry about.

Life always have a way to check a person’s emotions. Rich or poor. It’s just what it is.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Happiness is subjective anyway.

I hate to sound cliche, but not being broke just means it’s one less thing you have to worry about.

Life always have a way to check a person’s emotions. Rich or poor. It’s just what it is.
Yes happiness is subjective; but I havent met anyone who is happy but they cant pay their bills; who is happy but they cant provide for their kids; who is happy but cant do nice things for their families; who is happy but cant do things for themselves; etc etc i havent met those types of people; maybe they are out there though. America is great if you have money, not so much if you dont; I just dont see a path to happiness, however it is define, being broke in America....

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yes happiness is subjective; but I havent met anyone who is happy but they cant pay their bills; who is happy but they cant provide for their kids; who is happy but cant do nice things for their families; who is happy but cant do things for themselves; etc etc i havent met those types of people; maybe they are out there though. America is great if you have money, not so much if you dont; I just dont see a path to happiness, however it is define, being broke in America....

No doubt. Having bread eliminates at lot of additional things that can cause a person to stress.

Im just looking at the world as a whole and not just this country.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No doubt. Having bread eliminates at lot of additional things that can cause a person to stress.

Im just looking at the world as a whole and not just this country.
I feel ya on that; again they dont call stress the silent killer for nothing; people forget that I think; and man when you travel its such a different dynamic then the states; I mean some of the most beautiful places in the world have the poorest people living there :smh: (in terms of money of course) Im not sure if they are unhappy though; I just know America is a different animal; the constant bombardment of superficial shit; on top of things for living getting more and more expensive; quality neighborhoods getting more and more expensive; man its just tough not having money in America nowadays......

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There are broke people that pay all their bills they just don’t have money to do everything else.. like if you be like let’s go to Brazil for 2 weeks they couldn’t go, or they can’t do nothing extravagant.. but bills paid off, the refrigerator full, they got transportation, etc.. that’s why I said the word “broke “ is diff for certain people... just like the word “broke “ and “poor” are actually diff.. there could be a lot of “broke” people making 6 figs.. they ain’t poor just broke

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are broke people that pay all their bills they just don’t have money to do everything else.. like if you be like let’s go to Brazil for 2 weeks they couldn’t go, or they can’t do nothing extravagant.. but bills paid off, the refrigerator full, they got transportation, etc.. that’s why I said the word “broke “ is diff for certain people... just like the word “broke “ and “poor” are actually diff.. there could be a lot of “broke” people making 6 figs.. they ain’t poor just broke
Makes sense; yea so a better assessment would be to define "being broke"; I guess there are levels of brokeness :giggle: ...

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you can definitely be happy broke, some people dont know any other way. on the flip side, you can have money and be miserable. money doesnt make you.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True, but once out of college that same life won’t work. I think everybody in college is broke as hell unless you’re from a rich family so you’re surrounded by broke people . Women etc all broke so everybody in the same situation. At Famu all us were eating ramen noodles using the bathroom hot water to cook them. Shit was crazy but it was fun.

I got some friends now who drive buckets and struggle and love their family but are seriously depressed about money issues and being broke. It dictates their whole life and future. You can be partially happy but on the back of your mind money is there.
Let me give you a great scenario that happened to 1 of my friends several yrs ago.. I literally gave him advice and motivation to get through a season when he was unemployed and broke.. he lost his job right b4 the summer hit and was about to collect unemployment.. he was going into this negative mind mode.. it was a particular Dominican chick he had interest in and she kinda had interest in him..his thought process was oh man I lost my job how am I gonna have fun, fuck with shorty blah blah.. I told him fig out his finances and see will his unemployment cover his rent , bills, and a few other things for the time being..

i than told him well you bout to get food stamps and you know how to cook so go shop at some wholesale spots and cook all your food, I sent him a bunch of YouTube vids for diff recipes.. I told him about this certain gym that was dirt cheap and I gave him info about mad free summer events that he could take shorty with him that she would enjoy.. even told him to get a library card so that he can utilize all the free dvds he can get.. when I tell you the nig utilize the fuck out of all my info, he definitely did and had a blast.. shorty worked for the board of Ed and had the whole summer off.. damn near everyday him and her would go working out and swimming at the gym I told him about.. he took her to mad free summer events all through nyc.. he would cook mad diff meals every day for him and shorty..watch movies.. he was literally fucking that the whole summer.. he literally said that prob was 1 of the best summers he had hands down.. he thanked me for coaching Him through the process.. now remember he was technically “broke” and was the first time he didn’t have a job since he was 18..yet had the time of his life.. he was able to utilize the tools around him to enjoy himself, even when he was “broke”

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Happiness is a state of mind so by it's nature it's dependent on your mental state. If you allow the physical world beyond your control to determine your mental state then you will never truly be happy you will only "think" you should be happy. So really for the unfree individual it depends on whether you have conditioned your happiness on monetary things for the free there are no conditions to happiness but the extent one can exert their will on their own mind.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Let me give you a great scenario that happened to 1 of my friends several yrs ago.. I literally gave him advice and motivation to get through a season when he was unemployed and broke.. he lost his job right b4 the summer hit and was about to collect unemployment.. he was going into this negative mind mode.. it was a particular Dominican chick he had interest in and she kinda had interest in him..his thought process was oh man I lost my job how am I gonna have fun, fuck with shorty blah blah.. I told him fig out his finances and see will his unemployment cover his rent , bills, and a few other things for the time being..

i than told him well you bout to get food stamps and you know how to cook so go shop at some wholesale spots and cook all your food, I sent him a bunch of YouTube vids for diff recipes.. I told him about this certain gym that was dirt cheap and I gave him info about mad free summer events that he could take shorty with him that she would enjoy.. even told him to get a library card so that he can utilize all the free dvds he can get.. when I tell you the nig utilize the fuck out of all my info, he definitely did and had a blast.. shorty worked for the board of Ed and had the whole summer off.. damn near everyday him and her would go working out and swimming at the gym I told him about.. he took her to mad free summer events all through nyc.. he would cook mad diff meals every day for him and shorty..watch movies.. he was literally fucking that the whole summer.. he literally said that prob was 1 of the best summers he had hands down.. he thanked me for coaching Him through the process.. now remember he was technically “broke” and was the first time he didn’t have a job since he was 18..yet had the time of his life.. he was able to utilize the tools around him to enjoy himself, even when he was “broke”
That was real cool of you to help him out like that. :cheers::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

TIQHCf.jpg