Byron Allen Goes To War- Sharpton, Obama, NAACP,Comcast For Future Of Black Media

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Byron Allen Goes To War- Sharpton, Obama, NAACP,Comcast For Future Of Black Media

Chicken Dinner Payoffs...

:lol::lol::lol:

1fcpwo.png

2009 - Donations
Comcast - $0
NBC Universal - $0

2010- Signs MOU agreeing to a deal that throws Byron Allen under the bus, and provides racial cover.

2013 - Donations
Comcast - $200,000 to $999,999
NBC Universal - $200,000 to $999,999

21jn5mb.png

2009 - Donations
Wells Fargo - $0

2010- Drops lawsuit against Wells Fargo for Lending Discrimination

2013 - Donations
Bank of America - $1,000,000 and above
Wells Fargo - $1,000,000 and above

AT&T to use an organization where you give a substantial amount of money to validate a deal is suspect.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
tumblr_m72qpnLIan1qzc68q.jpg

NAACP sued Wells Fargo, than dropped the lawsuit. Now this bank is giving out a million dollars a year to them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Start advertising for donations in black media. Hire more volunteers instead of staff.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
I don't understand Allen holding Comcast responsible for dealings with "100% black-owned" media. What's the basis for that standard as opposed to 75%, for example? From a legal standpoint, who cares?

His lawsuit alleges that "one hundred percent African-American-owned media has been shut out by Comcast. Of the approximately $11 billion in channel-carriage fees that Comcast pays to license television channels each year, less than $3 million is paid to 100 percent African-American-owned media."

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I don't understand Allen holding Comcast responsible for dealings with "100% black-owned" media. What's the basis for that standard as opposed to 75%, for example? From a legal standpoint, who cares?

His lawsuit alleges that "one hundred percent African-American-owned media has been shut out by Comcast. Of the approximately $11 billion in channel-carriage fees that Comcast pays to license television channels each year, less than $3 million is paid to 100 percent African-American-owned media."

It is part of his legal strategy, he will have to show that the deals with P Diddy and MJ were sham (glorified employees) black front companies created by NBC/Comcast to avoid dealing with his company. NBC/Universal gave money to these civil rights organization that could challenge this practice to neutralize them.

I think it makes a difference, who is going to be able to make the decision to hire and fire people. If the companies sells like BET, who is going to walk away as a billionaire. This lawsuit, also affects other areas - such as predatory loans. We need civil rights organization not dependent on financial institutions that gave out predatory loans that destroys wealth.

Last edited:

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It is part of his legal strategy, he will have to show that the deals with P Diddy and MJ were sham (glorified employees) black front companies created by NBC/Comcast to avoid dealing with his company. NBC/Universal gave money to these civil rights organization that could challenge this practice to neutralize them.

I think it makes a difference, who is going to be able to make the decision to hire and fire people. If the companies sells like BET, who is going to walk away as a billionaire. This lawsuit, also affects other areas - such as predatory loans. We need civil rights organization not dependent on financial institutions that gave out predatory loans that destroys wealth.

I had the same problem of dealing with these same clowns at these companies. My situation involves outright theft and refusing to do any business. Harassment and illegal surveillance.

Some of the people involved, I don't want to deal with in any capacity, nor provide them with any assistance; I will definitely be handing out my billion dollar complaint to them and publicly shaming them.

Funny, I would have figured Big Racist Fox would be in on this...

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
t7bt44.png

Employment Discrimination, Predatory Loans, Racial Discrimination (Contracting). How do you challenge these practices and be an effective advocate for me, if you are getting money from these corporate donors?

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ultra Black Nationalist, pro-Black Byron X with his Nubian queen wife.

(Who's calling who a negro?):lol:

byronallen_spl34420_001_cbbjpg.jpg

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
What does his wife have to do with his business. When he shows up trying to get a deal with Comcast, it is him. He has made some valid points that need to be looked into. I don't want to buy products from companies that play games like this. There are some city governments that are majority minority that may want to award cable franchises to other companies or let a competitor come in that wants to play ball.

What I suspect with MJ and P Diddy is no voting stock control, low equity in the company. If this company sold to Viacom, they would get $30 million and the private equity company controlled by executives of Comcast would get billions. They are effectively a glorified at will employee. No Bob Johnson billionaires

Ask Martin Eberhard that founded Tesla, founder of American Apparel, Steve Jobs - Apple, George Zimmer - Men's Warehouse, you can be fired at any time without voting stock control.

Last edited:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

This year is the Big 50

50 years since the crossing of the Edmond Pettus Bridge in Selma.

50 years since some of the most well-known sit-ins.

50 years or so since Rosa Parks was carefully selected as "THE" Person to lead the Montgomery bus boycott.

50 years and we've overcome.

Now, maybe there is no need that "THE" person be carefully selected to lead an important fight in equality.

?

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
http://www.naaaom.com/

Click here to read NAAAOM’s Comcast-Sharpton Complaint.
http://www.naaaom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Comcast-Sharpton-Complaint.pdf

Click here to read NAAAOM’s AT&T-DirecTV Complaint.
http://www.naaaom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ATT-DirecTV-Complaint.pdf

Comcast’s racial animus is also demonstrated by its own statements: On one of the many occasions when Entertainment Studios attempted to contract with Comcast, a Comcast executive told Entertainment Studios: “We’re not trying to create any more Bob Johnsons,” i.e., no more pay days for Black media entrepreneurs.

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If President Obama were white and any other Black person complained, the so called republican/conservative/libertarians would be screaming that Allen is a race baiter.

Allen may have point with the over all system, but I view this as just another negro being used to attack Sharpton and the President Obama.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLc7ptKpT6A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Byron Allen initially opposed the merger because of the licensing fees and they went to these civil rights groups. This pushed Comcast into providing 10 channels of diverse programming, so initially there was nothing on the table. They went to the Civil Rights groups and they signed an MOU. Afterwards, the Civil Rights groups were given donations and Al Sharpton was given a show on TV.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Ultra Black Nationalist, pro-Black Byron X with his Nubian queen wife.

(Who's calling who a negro?):lol:

byronallen_spl34420_001_cbbjpg.jpg

41st+NAACP+Image+Awards+Nominees+Pre+Show+uG44jxN89jnl.jpg

He is attacking these groups because he is an Uncle Tom and married to a white women? Julian Bond belong to SNCC and led the NAACP for many years.

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

Byron Allen is man with severely myopic vision and 100% selfish interests. He admitted as much when he was asked by an interviewer "how would his deal ,if he won his lawsuit help Black people??" He answered that it would not help Black people at all but it would help Byron Allen!

People criticizing Sharpton always miss the big picture by focusing solely on him and the money. If it was only about money for him he could quit "civil rights" open a mega pimp church like Creflo Dollar or Eddie Long and make more personal $$$$$$$$$$$ money than both of them combined. A few years ago Creflo stacked more than $37,000,000 in just ONE year.

Allen is bitching about access on major cable & satellite platforms for his shitty shows. He says he is being discriminated against because he is Black and he is accusing Sharpton of cock blocking his access. Really?

When did Black people EVER see Byron Allen on the national stage fighting against white supremacy in any manner at all?????

His one camera, lowest budget possible shows, come on here in New York City at 2 -3 AM in the morning. The shows are awful. The comics show is dreadful; where the fuck does he get those comics from, the street corner or one of those local lock-down pussy parties?? Allen himself as host is 1000% unfunny. The movie preview show looks like it was produced by junior high school kids using a iPhone. Allen has a few other below extreme low budget, dreadful shows in production with a canned laugh track that are circa early 1970's; featuring grade F acting talent who are working just for the ramen noodle soup served on the set.

Allen is a clown. He wants comcast or time warner to give him a channel on their cable system to broadcast this shit. I wouldn't give him a slot either. Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young have the 'Bounce' network which runs Black oriented content and has a few original shows and although it is basic it is light years ahead of what Allen can provide. So since Allen can't get his non-existent slate of bull crap onto a cable or satellite system , he cries racism. :smh::smh::smh:

Four ignorant men, four hideously uninformed “pastors”. I’m not going to write a long post about Sharpton’s positive activities, even though I could since I’ve known him since high school, 1973.
Let’s just deal with the current MSNBC situation. How did he get there? Why would a white male conservative billionaire Brian L. Roberts the chairman and major shareholder of NBC/ MSNBC/ Comcast — hire the so-called “controversial” Al Sharpton, who had no previous broadcast television experience; —start him out with a $700,000 a year salary, which has since gone up —and have him as a fixture appearing on shows throughout the entire Comcast platform, “Meet the Press”, NBC Nightly News etc.?????
Comcast which now fully owns NBC Universal started with a 51% purchase in 2009. In 2009 Comcast stock was $14 a share, the company was worth $37,000,000,000 ($37 Billion). Comcast needed FCC approval in order to buy NBC. Comcast had a BIG problem. The Philadelphia based cable/ internet company’s record on the issue of diversity was HORRIBLE. There was a dramatic paucity of Blacks working at the company at an executive level and there was a dearth of Blacks “on-the-air” as well; especially considering the large Black population of Philadelphia. This horrible record in diversity (Blacks, Hispanics, Asians) and the fact that Obama was president, Holder was at justice, and the F.C.C. (Federal Communications Commission) was controlled by Democratic commissioners, which meant that the F.C.C. would NOT approve Comcast to buy NBC. In fact one of the F.C.C. commissioners was Congressman Jim Clyburn of South Carolina’s daughter;— Jim was third in line after Nancy Pelosi in Democratic leadership of the house, which democrats controlled. Comcast’s purchase of NBC was going to be denied.
Brian L. Roberts called Sharpton to see if he could help Comcast get the NBC purchase approved. To make a long story short and to not reveal information I’m privy to that is still “quiet” let’s just say that 90% of the Black & Hispanic personalities and contributors that you see on-the-air on MSNBC (Joy Reid, Michael Eric Dyson, Melissa Harris-Perry, Dr. Peterson, etc.) —and the Black & Hispanic executives & producers that YOU DON’T SEE behind the scenes, are there because of Sharpton’s negotiation. Comcast which was $14 dollars a share and worth $37 Billion in 2009 is now at $46 dollars a share and worth $122,000,000,000 ($122 Billion). Black people and the discussion of Black issues for more than 60 seconds were virtually invisible on television prior to the last few years at MSNBC. Remember how we all lamented the crap and 100% non-news that was on Bob (Big Pimping) Johnson's BET. The four small-time pastors should concentrate on their local churches and not make fools out of themselves talking about hungry parishioners somehow being connected with what Sharpton is doing. The criticism is idiotic. Want to help low income parishioners, why not buy and set up a supermarket in the hood like Wendell Pierce the actor from the show “The Wire” did. You can hire local people (create jobs) and feed people wholesale bought decent low cost food. Call Sharpton, he can help you get some government recovery money and/or 0% interest loans; or maybe a tax abatement from the city. I’ll bet these pastors never thought of that; why would they, they don’t know anything, they don’t know anything at all.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Byron Allen initially opposed the merger because of the licensing fees and they went to these civil rights groups. This pushed Comcast into providing 10 channels of diverse programming, so initially there was nothing on the table. They went to the Civil Rights groups and they signed an MOU. Afterwards, the Civil Rights groups were given donations and Al Sharpton was given a show on TV.

I don't understand. Why go after Sharpton.

Can't Comcast have Sharpton and Allen's low budget programing on their slots simultaneously?

Go after Comcast. They can allocate more slots for all programing.

In fact, I have posted on this board how the cable industry is guilty of anti trust by bundling.

It is clearly illegal and so called free marketeers say nothing about it.

Forcing people to buy channels they don't want.

This is just another negro being used to ultimately go after President Obama.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I don't understand. Why go after Sharpton.

Can't Comcast have Sharpton and Allen's low budget programing on their slots simultaneously?

Go after Comcast. They can allocate more slots for all programing.

In fact, I have posted on this board how the cable industry is guilty of anti trust by bundling.

It is clearly illegal and so called free marketeers say nothing about it.

Forcing people to buy channels they don't want.

This is just another negro being used to ultimately go after President Obama.

I was thinking similarly, but slightly different.

OP's position reminded me of the guy who wants the girl, but the girl is apparently interested in his friend. Feeling inadequate that he can get her on his own merits, he tries to get close to girl by opting for the weak, cowardly and traitorous game of pointing out flaws in or lying on his buddy.

:lol:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was thinking similarly, but slightly different.

OP's position reminded me of the guy who wants the girl, but the girl is apparently interested in his friend. Feeling inadequate that he can get her on his own merits, he tries to get close to girl by opting for the weak, cowardly and traitorous game of pointing out flaws in or lying on his buddy.

:lol:

Sequence+01.Still060.jpg

samuel-l-jackson-django-unchained.jpg

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PD97up-IbAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This type of money could fund the NAACP for three years. They could get rid of their corporate sponsors that use them for racial cover.

We could have a real effective civil rights organization to fight against discrimination, not a paper tiger. The benefits would trickle down to you getting a job or starting a business with companies buying your products instead of excluding you.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

There are many whites that have problems entering into licensing deals, hiring black concert promoters, or doing other transactions with blacks. You have to use the courts, to get paid, it will never come from direct negotiations. Instead of paying a wage, they resorted to slavery and property ownership of blacks. Instead of licensing this material from Marvin Gaye, they will just use it as if you don't exist.

I seen the same problem with my work.

Some feel they are intellectual superior and will resort to theft outright. Byron Allen mentioned this same phenomenon with him where they are unable to deal with you.

It does not surprise me to see his song being ripped off and he used Pharell as racial cover.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7972c5I8DRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oKRj_h7vmMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sp18074_0.png

rachel-dolezal-.jpg

NAACP+Founders.jpg

The NAACP was about integration, it was never a 'black' organization.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Byron Allen is man with severely myopic vision and 100% selfish interests. He admitted as much when he was asked by an interviewer "how would his deal ,if he won his lawsuit help Black people??" He answered that it would not help Black people at all but it would help Byron Allen!

People criticizing Sharpton always miss the big picture by focusing solely on him and the money. If it was only about money for him he could quit "civil rights" open a mega pimp church like Creflo Dollar or Eddie Long and make more personal $$$$$$$$$$$ money than both of them combined. A few years ago Creflo stacked more than $37,000,000 in just ONE year.

Allen is bitching about access on major cable & satellite platforms for his shitty shows. He says he is being discriminated against because he is Black and he is accusing Sharpton of cock blocking his access. Really?

When did Black people EVER see Byron Allen on the national stage fighting against white supremacy in any manner at all?????

His one camera, lowest budget possible shows, come on here in New York City at 2 -3 AM in the morning. The shows are awful. The comics show is dreadful; where the fuck does he get those comics from, the street corner or one of those local lock-down pussy parties?? Allen himself as host is 1000% unfunny. The movie preview show looks like it was produced by junior high school kids using a iPhone. Allen has a few other below extreme low budget, dreadful shows in production with a canned laugh track that are circa early 1970's; featuring grade F acting talent who are working just for the ramen noodle soup served on the set.

Allen is a clown. He wants comcast or time warner to give him a channel on their cable system to broadcast this shit. I wouldn't give him a slot either. Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young have the 'Bounce' network which runs Black oriented content and has a few original shows and although it is basic it is light years ahead of what Allen can provide. So since Allen can't get his non-existent slate of bull crap onto a cable or satellite system , he cries racism. :smh::smh::smh:

99% Cosign

Pulling the Sharpton card is a dog whistle call to CAC and coons. He knows what he's dining when says that. Fuck him

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
rachel-dolezal-.jpg

"I was born black, I live black and I am probably going to die as black, because some cracka that knows I am black better than you nigga is probably going to put a bullet in the back of my head."

Rachel Dolezal

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/byron-allen-att-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-channels-1201668233/

Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios has secured distribution for its seven cable channels across DirecTV and U-verse now that AT&T has settled a racial discrimination lawsuit filed in December 2014.

DirecTV began carriage of Entertainment Studios’ Comedy.TV and Justice Central.TV on Monday. U-verse has added Comedy.TV, Recipe.TV, ES.TV, MyDestination.TV, Cars TV and Pets TV; U-verse already carried Justice Central.TV.

Of the lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, reps for Entertainment Studios and AT&T would only say: “The matter has been resolved.”

The AT&T deal greatly enhances the distribution base and value of the lifestyle and entertainment channels, which are wholly owned by Allen, a comedian turned entrepreneur. DirecTV and U-verse together reach nearly 26 million domestic subscribers, with U-verse accounting for about 6 million subscribers..

Allen has a similar racial discrimination lawsuit pending against Comcast and Time Warner Cable.

In the complaint against AT&T, the National Association of African-American Owned Media, an affiliate of Century City-based Entertainment Studios, claimed racial discrimination over the fact that Entertainment Studio had no luck securing a carriage deal with DirecTV after years of trying to engage executives in negotiations.

The suit came as AT&T was vulnerable to PR concerns about its image in dealing with independent programmers and minority-owned businesses. The telco giant was in the midst of securing federal approval for its $48 billion takeover of DirecTV, which closed in July.

Allen’s complaint blasted AT&T for having no carriage agreements with “100% African-American-owned media companies.” It made a provocative reference to what it called the practice of African-American celebrities posing as “fronts” for channels owned by “white-owned media,” without naming names.

The complaint also took a swipe at the Rev. Al Sharpton, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, the NAACP and National Urban League, claiming AT&T was “paying off” civil rights orgs to secure their endorsement of the AT&T-DirecTV merger.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We have ATT Universe and these channels have been up for about a week.

They are absolutely garbage. Typical cable channels. Rehashed network shows that ran only for a few episodes. Half hour commercials masquerading as entertainment. Borrowed content that has been replayed for years on every other cable.

I see nothing interesting or informative on these cable channels that will enlighten Black people.

And they cable bill will go up.

I guess like dope dealers, a Black person can get rich selling flotsam.

Ain't capitalism grand!

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

I dont really care about his channels or him personally. However, we have to shut down these back doors to inequality which his lawsuit exposes with bribes and jobs given to key people which I lay out in the original post through an analysis of their financial reports. They do this garbage with our political system buying off politicians rather than implementing pollution control, banking reform, or in this case creating the next Bob Johnson.

Once they are exposed and laid bare, they will be unable to do this garbage in the future. These organizations might get a chicken dinner but it costs the rest of us dearly trying to setup a business or getting a contract.

He provides some insights into the mindsets of whites refusing to do any business with a ni**er as he puts it in his video. Even Oprah had problems getting on the air which he talks about. He exposes President Obama for not directing federal advertising money to 100% owned black companies.

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I listened to this from start to finish and I still don't understand the link where Allen is asserting that Al Sharpton is hindering him or anyone else from doing business.

Actually, he is doing exactly what Sharpton and any other capitalists are doing. Hustling money and sympathy for financial gain.

I almost fell out of my chair when the caller exposed Mr. Pro Black, taking a bullet for all exploited Black business people's white wife.

However, we have to shut down these back doors to inequality which his lawsuit exposes with bribes and jobs given to key people which I lay out in the original post through an analysis of their financial reports. They do this garbage with our political system buying off politicians rather than implementing pollution control, banking reform, or in this case creating the next Bob Johnson. Once they are exposed and laid bare, they will be unable to do this garbage in the future. These organizations might get a chicken dinner but it costs the rest of us dearly trying to setup a business or getting a contract.

Duh! You need to learn some history. This problem has it's origins in the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Something Bill Clinton and the republican Newt Gingrich congress created. Among many things, this law allowed the consolidation of media to only few players. Racism is always a factor in American business and finance, but this law made it even more difficult to Blacks to own media.

He provides some insights into the mindsets of whites refusing to do any business with a ni**er as he puts it in his video. Even Oprah had problems getting on the air which he talks about. He exposes President Obama for not directing federal advertising money to 100% owned black companies.

I don't know how old you are, but you must be incredibly naive. Who doesn't know that racism exists in business and finance. Black businesses persevered for decades despite this. John H. Johnson created and ran Ebony and Jet into an American icon for over 40 years. His daughter, Linda Johnson Rice continued the excellence for another 30 years and then through bad business acumen or incompetence. the current editors virtually destroyed it. Not seeing the trend in online publish or not understanding their contemporary market, Ebony is not what it once was. Black owned Essence Magazine, once the fashion trend setter that even the white supremacist fashion world had to admit was on the vanguard was sold to Time Warner. Black owned Inner city Broadcasting, owners of WBLS FM radio in New York City was once the number one radio station in the largest radio market in the USA, is now owned by white interests.

These are just a few examples.

The enemy is not Sharpton or the NAACP, the enemy is allowing the politicians to be elected that change the laws favorable to their friends.

But of course, you are one of the biggest advocates of voting doesn't change anything!

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The enemy is not Sharpton or the NAACP, the enemy is allowing the politicians to be elected that change the laws favorable to their friends.

Well got damn said!

Otherwise, it would simply be okay to damn, denounce, fuck-over, _______, ________, etc., one or more of US, for one's so-called Larger Point = personal gain.