Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Acquires The Weather Channel TV Network For $300 Million

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
IBM owns the platform and the data Bro

IBM licenses the data to anyone that's willing to pay for it. So do many other companies. The Weather Channel was bought for $3.5 billion. IBM bought the website for $2 billion. Byron Allen paid $300 million. You do the math.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
IBM licenses the data to anyone that's willing to pay for it. So do many other companies. The Weather Channel was bought for $3.5 billion. IBM bought the website for $2 billion. Byron Allen paid $300 million. You do the math.

IBM didn't buy the website.

They bought the platform and the data

water

OG Investor
Yep. It's clear he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. Shit, he's only worth half a billion dollars and only been running his entertainment company for 25 years...:

Programs[edit]
Court shows[edit]
Sitcoms[edit]
Game shows[edit]
Syndicated specials[edit]
  • Comedy Jam
  • Feel the Beat
  • Happy Holidays America
  • We Have a Dream
Talk and magazine series[edit]
Other shows[edit]
Entertainment Studios Networks[edit]
  • Automotive.TV
  • Cars.TV
  • Comedy.TV
  • ES.TV[12]
  • Justice Central, launched December 10, 2012 on AT&T U-Verse’s family tier which is also its first advertising support only channel.[9]
  • MyDestination.TV
  • Pets.TV
  • Recipe.TV[12]
  • The Weather Channel (acquisition pending)

Did i say he doesn't know what he is doing?

In fact i defended dude because they referred to him as a comedian

That said the data and platform is the real value to me based on my own experience.

Not saying that there is no value in the channel

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Did i say he doesn't know what he is doing?

In fact i defended dude because they referred to him as a comedian

That said the data and platform is the real value to me based on my own experience.

Not saying that there is no value in the channel

At some you have to realize that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

water

OG Investor
At some you have to realize that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

At some point you have to realize there are all kinds of mofos on this site.

You can't pretend to know when I drove the technology roadmap for the underlying platform the data is going to be using ie bluemix.

Anyway here is an article saying the very same thing I am saying.

The Weather Company’s data platform hosts the fourth-most used mobile app in the U.S.; Cloud-based service handles 26 billion requests a day
ARMONK, NY and ATLANTA, GA
October 28, 2015: IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire The Weather Company’s B2B, mobile and cloud-based web properties, including WSI, weather.com, Weather Underground and The Weather Company brand. The TV segment – The Weather Channel – will not be acquired by IBM, but will license weather forecast data and analytics from IBM under a long-term contract.

The planned acquisition would bring together IBM’s powerful cognitive and analytics platform and The Weather Company’s dynamic cloud data platform

https://business.weather.com/news/i...nds-power-of-watson-to-the-internet-of-things

water

OG Investor
The article in the first post says that they did.

The Weather Company (IBM) runs weather.com, intellicast.com and weather underground.

I drove the roadmap for Cloud Foundry bro, the very platform IBM whitelabeled as Bluemix.

The Weather Company’s data platform hosts the fourth-most used mobile app in the U.S.; Cloud-based service handles 26 billion requests a day
October 28, 2015: IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire The Weather Company’s B2B, mobile and cloud-based web properties, including WSI, weather.com, Weather Underground and The Weather Company brand. The TV segment – The Weather Channel – will not be acquired by IBM, but will license weather forecast data and analytics from IBM under a long-term contract.

The planned acquisition would bring together IBM’s powerful cognitive and analytics platform and The Weather Company’s dynamic cloud data platform

The Weather Company’s cloud-based data platform will allow IBM to collect an even larger variety and higher velocity of global data sets, store them, analyze them and in turn distribute them and empower richer and deeper insights across the Watson platform.

https://business.weather.com/news/i...nds-power-of-watson-to-the-internet-of-things

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I drove the roadmap for Cloud Foundry bro, the very platform IBM whitelabeled as Bluemix.

The Weather Company’s cloud-based data platform will allow IBM to collect an even larger variety and higher velocity of global data sets, store them, analyze them and in turn distribute them and empower richer and deeper insights across the Watson platform.

Your post said "IBM didn't buy the website."

That's exactly what they purchased, along with the analytics which is what donwuan and I said.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Programs[edit]
Court shows[edit]
Sitcoms[edit]
Game shows[edit]
Syndicated specials[edit]
  • Comedy Jam
  • Feel the Beat
  • Happy Holidays America
  • We Have a Dream
Talk and magazine series[edit]
Other shows[edit]
Entertainment Studios Networks[edit]
  • Automotive.TV
  • Cars.TV
  • Comedy.TV
  • ES.TV[11]
  • Justice Central, launched December 10, 2012 on AT&T U-Verse’s family tier which is also its first advertising support only channel.[8]
  • MyDestination.TV
  • Pets.TV
  • Recipe.TV[11]
  • The Weather Channel

I seriously have not seen or heard of any of these shits but props to him for doing his thing. Low key mogul.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Who would of known Byron Allen would of became this guy. I remember back in the day when he had that celebrity interview show, I though he was a corny Uncle Tom. Boy was I wrong.

I think he still that. Just a rich one now. Never heard of him being pro black or anything else outside of him being a rich dude. He still a cornball

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://deadline.com/2018/09/byron-...llion-credit-facilities-expansion-1202456572/

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/14/hurricane-florence-virtual-reality-weather-channel-storm-carolina/

byron-allen-office-2018.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend