Burger-flipping robot begins first shift

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
  • Flippy, a burger-flipping robot, has begun work at a restaurant in Pasadena, Los Angeles.

It is the first of dozens of locations for the system, which is destined to replace human fast-food workers.

The BBC's North America technology reporter Dave Lee saw it in action.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
This shit won't end well.

tumblr_me14djypG21qfr6udo1_500.gif
tumblr_otcmzxUySg1u501aoo2_400.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
There goes the fast food jobs.

You go into a fast joint, you can tell they can automate all that shit in there.

And thinking you gonna get a job fixing that shit, they ain’t gonna have a tech for each store standing around.

They will have one tech assigned to like 20 to 30 restaurants in a area, so there won’t be much work going on.

Universal Basic Income is coming.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
How do you figure?
When do you see this happening?

Not to mention insurance for shit like accidents

but now that i think about it, there is an advantage on the backend numbers 15 bucks an hour is 28,800 yearly vs 12k a year for maintenance. the whole thing is to be in business long enough to make your money back and profit from it being there though

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
How do you figure?
When do you see this happening?

Not to mention insurance for shit like accidents

The job numbers and new jobs that come out every month are mainly service sector/fast food jobs.

They start putting robots in fast food joints, the unemployment numbers will start going up.

Majority of folks working fast food are grown adults.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
First person that gets sick from a robot cooked burger going to come up.

Also, learn to fix these robots cause they will break.

The next wave of jobs is gonna be for the people that know how to repair and program these things.

And big business is so cheap they would probably rather pay that lawsuit than pay employees that need lunch breaks, take vacations, get sick, have to leave to pick the kids up etc....shit is crazy

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
so that first year you've paid the equivalent of 6k a month salary

then every year after that 1,000 a month salary to keep it running

that means it costs $96,000 over 3 years. A full time employee making $10/hr would cost roughly $62,400 over that same period. At that rate it would take nearly 7 years just to break even.

Also, it can only do 12 burgers at a time. At that point the biggest expense isn't the robot, it's the second grill and employee you'd need for the lunch rush.

on top of that, Most restaurants serve fish, chicken, or veggie burgers? All of these have very different cooking times and temperatures. Is this machine sophisticated enough to be able to detect how to cook all of these sandwhiches at once? How about artisan spots that make their patties from scratch? Does every new recipe require new programs?

The worst part is when the BRITISH TECH REPORTER described the burger as "pretty good." It doesn't bode well when a guy raised on mashed peas and blood pudding only kind of likes your food.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had many friends that had to work in their teens because their families needed the extra cash or they wanted to get nails/hair done and stuff like that. What are these teens going to do now? Sell their vag?

Sit in the house and play online games and sit on social media like they been doing. I can’t remember the last time I seen a teenager working at fast food or retail. When I was growing up teenagers worked them jobs and they wasn’t expected to get paid that much because it was a child’s job. Now you have all these grown ass niggas trying to take care if families off jobs that was never meant for that. It’s all fucked up. Go ask any manager at retail or fast food would they hire a kid or an adult. Most will tell you they will go with the adult because it’s more likely the adult will stay around.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
The result of people wanting more money for jobs that was meant for teenagers

More likely due to the onward and upward march of technological innovation which is suppose to make our lives physically easier as it makes it more complicated in other areas.

We are stating down the next great industrial/technical revolution which we are grossly unprepared for.

Them jobs were dead 15 years ago- right now we are showing the body one last time before it's loaded in the hearst and sent to the grave site.

But yeah, cause folks want more money.

*two cents*

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
There goes the fast food jobs.

You go into a fast joint, you can tell they can automate all that shit in there.

And thinking you gonna get a job fixing that shit, they ain’t gonna have a tech for each store standing around.

They will have one tech assigned to like 20 to 30 restaurants in a area, so there won’t be much work going on.

Universal Basic Income is coming.
They will price those things so low that a tech will just swap it out and trash the old one.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The result of people wanting more money for jobs that was meant for teenagers
The teenage line never made sense being that fast-food serves breakfast and lunch...those times could be from 6a.m. -3pm...those times are when teens are in school... 2 out of 3 biggest meals are served during school hours so how were fast-food jobs meant for teens when the 2 biggest shifts would pretty much eliminate their work staff ability... Than throw in these 24 hr spots or in the early am spots.. 12am-6am don't sound teen friendly... Now with food delivery that def means the person has to be at least 16-18 depending on state to get their license to drive..more you think about it them jobs seemed aimed higher at older ages

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My parents made me lie about my age so I could flip hamburgers at McDonald's one summer.
First job I ever had.
Taught me early on about what I didn't want in life and to strive for success.
I needed to experience that at a young age and it changed me for the better.
What the hell are these teenagers gonna do now?

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
The teenage line never made sense being that fast-food serves breakfast and lunch...those times could be from 6a.m. -3pm...those times are when teens are in school... 2 out of 3 biggest meals are served during school hours so how were fast-food jobs meant for teens when the 2 biggest shifts would pretty much eliminate their work staff ability... Than throw in these 24 hr spots or in the early am spots.. 12am-6am don't sound teen friendly... Now with food delivery that def means the person has to be at least 16-18 depending on state to get their license to drive..more you think about it them jobs seemed aimed higher at older ages
The teenage argument is to justify paying minimum wage to the workers.
The belief that the workers are just some high schoolers or college kids working to earn some pocket change,

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Sit in the house and play online games and sit on social media like they been doing. I can’t remember the last time I seen a teenager working at fast food or retail. When I was growing up teenagers worked them jobs and they wasn’t expected to get paid that much because it was a child’s job. Now you have all these grown ass niggas trying to take care if families off jobs that was never meant for that. It’s all fucked up. Go ask any manager at retail or fast food would they hire a kid or an adult. Most will tell you they will go with the adult because it’s more likely the adult will stay around.

Except that 20-30 years ago a 16 year old could afford to buy a car, go on dates, attend concerts, smoke weed and put still away money for college off a part time fast food job.

In 2019, If you worked 20 hours a week (The most educators suggest for a working high school student) and made the California minimum of $10/hr you'd take home between $600-$800/month after taxes. That's nowhere near enough to do those things. Even if you don't pay room and board it would still take you an entire week just to buy a month's worth of gas.