Breaking... Warner Bros entire slate of 2021 films to be released same day on HBOMAX .. Holy Shit

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Warner Bros. Hopes to Drive You Back to Theaters With Furiosa, Color Purple in 2023
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures

b8458d4956ec830be08b8c24a79e9599c8-23-Mad-Max-Sequel.rsquare.w330.jpg

Warner Bros. might be simultaneously debuting their theatrical releases on HBO Max next year, but come 2023, they expect you to be hurtling toward theaters in a dystopian war rig, an Acme-branded rocket, or, well, whatever vehicle they drive in The Color Purple. Presumably a normal car? Anyway, according to Deadline, the studio has reportedly scheduled three releases to debut exclusively in theaters for the year after the year after next: Furiosa, Coyote vs. Acme, and The Color Purple.

Director George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road prequel about Charlize Theron’s Imperator Furiosa, to be played here by Anya Taylor-Joy, is speeding across the sands of time to become a future tentpole on June 23, 2023. Dave Green’s Coyote vs. Acme, based on the Looney Tunes character’s “age-old rivalry” with the company that makes the explosively faulty gadgets he uses against the Roadrunner, will premiere on July 21, 2023, while The Color Purple movie musical, directed by Black Is King’s Blitz Bazawule, will be waiting for you under the tree on December 20, 2023. So, that’s three filmmakers reassured about the future of movie theaters, dozens to go…
George Miller and Mel Gibson need to get together and do one last Mad Max movie,Logan-style...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ok real talk my oldest in her friend's BEEN WAITING on this

It was NOT well received
Still haven’t finished watching it.. stopped at him getting to the whitehouse

by the way I was offended by a certain part of the movie.. most people will let it slide but I won’t.. they tried to gentrify breakdancing in the movie.. they was walking by a white dude breakdancing on a piece of cardboard box.. nah that’s an insult to black culture.. 1984.. nah homie breaking was still basically underground culture and still not understood by cacs.. they made it seem like cacs were just breakdancing on a reg sat afternoon hanging out..nah fuck this movie alone off that..gonna gentrify hip hop and make look like cacs were nice and accepting of it..fuck you ww2

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

by the way I was offended by a certain part of the movie.. most people will let it slide but I won’t.. they tried to gentrify breakdancing in the movie.. they was walking by a white dude breakdancing on a piece of cardboard box.. nah that’s an insult to black culture.. 1984.. nah homie breaking was still basically underground culture and still not understood by cacs.. they made it seem like cacs were just breakdancing on a reg sat afternoon hanging out..nah fuck this movie alone off that..gonna gentrify hip hop and make look like cacs were nice and accepting of it..fuck you ww2

Holy sh*t

Fam...

You are NOT the only person who has told me that and i thought the same thing immediately

Washington DC 1984...

And black kids aren't breakdancing?

Gtfoh...

And the homeless guy had to be black?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
at least make it a Puerto Rican like Crazy legs and shit

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was Aquaman better? Cause that made 1 billion in the theaters.

Aquaman was a piece of shit movie but because of hype and special effects and being in the theaters it made money for the studio.

Wonder Woman should have made 400 million 1st week based on Gal Gadot. Even though I don't like her or her movies.

Theaters matter.

My stance is about big budget blockbusters that are created to make money.

Now that WW84 sucks creatively, it now helps cement my point that it would fail and not recoup thus being the end to big budget blockbusters.

Theaters matter.
Ww2 so far wasn’t even worth a discountEd tix.. ya should think Warner for releasing that b movie at best on tv where it belong.. some Netflix filler movie disguised as a big name movie

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Was Aquaman better? Cause that made 1 billion in the theaters.

Aquaman was a piece of shit movie but because of hype and special effects and being in the theaters it made money for the studio.

Wonder Woman should have made 400 million 1st week based on Gal Gadot. Even though I don't like her or her movies.

Theaters matter.

My stance is about big budget blockbusters that are created to make money.

Now that WW84 sucks creatively, it now helps cement my point that it would fail and not recoup thus being the end to big budget blockbusters.

Theaters matter.
I didn’t see aqua man wasn’t really interested in seeing it.. just like I haven’t seen that Shazam movie... nobody should support shitty products.. if blockbuster equals overprice garbage than why would anybody care to support it.. if this the end of crappy products, bravo bravo.. kick this shit in the river and let it sink to the bottom

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
4K makes a helluva difference because WW84 looked ever so lush. They need to hurry hurr'up and implement that 4K & Dolby Atmos stat!!!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup. Well Aquaman and Shazam were imo shitty blockbusters that MADE MONEY.

WW84 would have been the same if the threatres were open.

That is a fact.

Gal Gadot sold out for an extra 10million and endorsed the move to HBO Max.

She got paid what she would have gotten in % from the movie making 1billion.

So she is good. That cunt needs to be kicked out of Hollywood.

I can't wait for the Cleopatra movie to flop.

Shoot the Cleopatra movie might even be cancelled.

I didn’t see aqua man wasn’t really interested in seeing it.. just like I haven’t seen that Shazam movie... nobody should support shitty products.. if blockbuster equals overprice garbage than why would anybody care to support it.. if this the end of crappy products, bravo bravo.. kick this shit in the river and let it sink to the bottom

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sopranos prequel film The Many Saints of Newark pushed to fall 2021

By Tyler Aquilina
January 13, 2021 at 08:03 PM EST

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore
CREDIT: ANTHONY NESTE/THE LIFE IMAGES COLLECTION VIA GETTY IMAGES/GETTY IMAGES
The return of Tony Soprano will be delayed a bit longer.

Warner Bros. has postponed the release of the upcoming Sopranos prequel film The Many Saints of Newark from March to Sept. 24, 2021. The film was originally scheduled for release in September 2020 but delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

This new release date, however, is likely not due to the current pandemic surge, as Warner Bros. plans to release all its 2021 films in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously to prevent further delays. Sources close to the production told Variety that the change is intended to allow Many Saints to premiere on the fall film festival circuit and to better position it for an awards season campaign.

Co-written by The Sopranos creator David Chase and helmed by frequent series director Alan Taylor, The Many Saints of Newark is set against the backdrop of the 1967 riots in Newark, N.J., the result of flaring tensions between the city's Black and Italian residents. Alessandro Nivola will star in the lead role of Dickie Moltisanti (Christopher's father), with James Gandolfini's son Michael taking on the role of Tony. The cast also includes Leslie Odom Jr., Jon Bernthal, Ray Liotta, and Vera Farmiga.

"I have really high hopes about the film," Nivola previously told EW. "What David did was to tell an origin story of Tony Soprano through a character that was dead before the series and that is such a surprising way of going about it. And the late '60s mob movie is the stuff of dreams. Everyone was at the top of their game. The only infuriating thing is how long we have to wait."

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes. I heard that Patty Jenkins purposefully used film or some shit because the movie was set in the 80s.
Since they didn't have 4k, we should not see it in 4k.

This is why DC needs to sell it's properities to Marvel.

Everyone is crazy at DC. Everyone.

Patty Jenkins is a damn fool.

WW84 really was trash and that sit didnt look 4k at all more like 720

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Yes. I heard that Patty Jenkins purposefully used film or some shit because the movie was set in the 80s.
Since they didn't have 4k, we should not see it in 4k.

This is why needs to sell it's properities to Marvel.

Everyone is crazy at DC. Everyone.

Patty Jenkins is a damn fool.
Not all DC movies are bad. Just like not all Marvel associated movies are good. DC had their run when Marvel sucked. Now it's Marvel's turn.

DC TV and animated series are much better than Marvel. But to your point, DC dropped the ball letting Patty f up WW84. She's wack. Fortunately, the Snyder Cut and The Suicide Squad will be good looks for DC.

BTW, if you haven't seen Batman: Soul of the Dragon, do so. Best, comic animation I've seen in a minute.