Breaking: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This statement: “They don't understand that not voting is a vote for Trump.”

Someone needs to help me make sense of that statement. I hear it so often. What logic am I missing?

I always understood it like THIS.

First if you do not vote AT ALL?

you not PARTICIPATING in the process AND you are not actively working to CHANGE it...

YOU are a problem.

And as we seen for DECADES particular in southern states and the Republican party

they have been concerted efforts involving not only laws (local) and police but VIOLENCE to suppress and rob Black folk of the right to vote

So NOT voting again is not only a slap in the face of our ancestors but is HELPING and GIVING the enemy EXACTLY what it wants

without them even having to DO ANYTHING.

so again NOT voting is ina SENSE giving "trump" exactly what he wants...

LOW turnout form the population he believes would sway the election AWAY from him

a population we have seen he has made EVERY effort to undermine

so by NOT voting

you are making the path EASIER you offering him and his people NO OPPOSITION

So inaction much like SILENCE is actually action to SUPPORT him by doing NOTHING.

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

"Will you be a part of the problem or will you be a part of the solution? Inaction is complicity."

You standing by in silence and inaction just watching the world burn...

is not HURTING Trump at all.

Its hurting all those YOU love and hold dear

Did that help at all cuz?

I got REALLY long winded there, sorry

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I always understood it like THIS.

First if you do not vote AT ALL?

you not PARTICIPATING in the process AND you are not actively working to CHANGE it...

YOU are a problem.

And as we seen for DECADES particular in southern states and the Republican party

they have been concerted efforts involving not only laws (local) and police but VIOLENCE to suppress and rob Black folk of the right to vote

So NOT voting again is not only a slap in the face of our ancestors but is HELPING and GIVING the enemy EXACTLY what it wants

without them even having to DO ANYTHING.

so again NOT voting is ina SENSE giving "trump" exactly what he wants...

LOW turnout form the population he believes would sway the election AWAY from him

a population we have seen he has made EVERY effort to undermine

so by NOT voting

you are making the path EASIER you offering him and his people NO OPPOSITION

So inaction much like SILENCE is actually action to SUPPORT him by doing NOTHING.

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

"Will you be a part of the problem or will you be a part of the solution? Inaction is complicity."

You standing by in silence and inaction just watching the world burn...

is not HURTING Trump at all.

Its hurting all those YOU love and hold dear

Did that help at all cuz?

I got REALLY long winded there, sorry

Logically, when I see that statement, it doesn’t make sense. I see not voting as neither candidate getting a vote because how can not voting be a vote for someone else. That statement is an oxymoron.

I feel like the GOP could use that same logic. “Not voting is a vot for Biden.”

But I understand what you’re saying and what people are trying to convey. I just think it’s a horrible use of logic.

“If you don’t vote, then that’s a vote for Trump.”

“If you don’t vote, then that’s a vote for Biden.”

“If you don’t vote, then neither candidate gets a vote.”

So I my mind, only one of those states are true and makes the most sense.

But I get your interpretation though and don’t disagree.

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
Fucking arrogant bitch, thanks a lot

As much as people love to blame the voters there was one person who could have guaranteed the seat stayed Liberal.
If the Democrats don’t expand the court and the senate it’s a wrap for equal rights for the next 30 years.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
120287942_1044186696010924_3018927195280264068_n.jpg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Someone needs to help me make sense of that statement. I hear it so often. What logic am I missing?

If you normally vote dem (or GOP) and sit out or vote third party, that is helping the other side. In 2016 in the states Hillary lost, she loss by less than the number of third party votes cast. If you care about issue xyz and one candidate has vowed to destroy it, but you can't bring yourself to vote for the candidate that will keep a policy in place or promote it, then don't be surprised when the issue you champion gets cut down.

Now there are some instances where a candidate is so bad or doing so much damage that regardless they need to be defeated, but neither Hillary, imo, nor any other presidential candidate I've seen in recent years has met that threshold except Trump. Which is why you see so many Republicans going against him. It doesn't matter if abortion is illegal in the country if there isn't a country left.

Trump is appointing a SCOTUS judge that believes the 14 amendment may be unconstitutional.

The right has been trying to get enough states on board to have a constitutional convention and make changes for a while now. They say it's for balanced budget amendments. If the GOP is running all the states should this happen, it won't bode well for black folks or other people of color or women. Some of these folks want to get rid of birthright citizenship.

I had posted this in the Protest thread a while back, but didn't bring it to the main board for further discussion:

Could Colin Kaepernick have avoided his fate by voting and encouraging others to vote? Or at least keeping his mouth shut? Did anyone in large enough numbers to matter hear his comments and decide that there was no value in voting? The comment about contributing to your own demise really stuck with me.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If you normally vote dem (or GOP) and sit out or vote third party, that is helping the other side. In 2016 in the states Hillary lost, she loss by less than the number of third party votes cast. If you care about issue xyz and one candidate has vowed to destroy it, but you can't bring yourself to vote for the candidate that will keep a policy in place or promote it, then don't be surprised when the issue you champion gets cut down.

Now there are some instances where a candidate is so bad or doing so much damage that regardless they need to be defeated, but neither Hillary, imo, nor any other presidential candidate I've seen in recent years has met that threshold except Trump. Which is why you see so many Republicans going against him. It doesn't matter if abortion is illegal in the country if there isn't a country left.

Trump is appointing a SCOTUS judge that believes the 14 amendment may be unconstitutional.

The right has been trying to get enough states on board to have a constitutional convention and make changes for a while now. They say it's for balanced budget amendments. If the GOP is running all the states should this happen, it won't bode well for black folks or other people of color or women. Some of these folks want to get rid of birthright citizenship.

I had posted this in the Protest thread a while back, but didn't bring it to the main board for further discussion:

Could Colin Kaepernick have avoided his fate by voting and encouraging others to vote? Or at least keeping his mouth shut? Did anyone in large enough numbers to matter hear his comments and decide that there was no value in voting? The comment about contributing to your own demise really stuck with me.

So wait now it's Kaep's fault that over 50% of white women, DIDN'T vote for a white female. Its Kaep' fault that in three States, Jill Stein got 20-40K votes that tipped the scale to Trump. It's Kaep's fault that Clinton never campaigned in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Maybe if Clinton would have saw a man, risk it all for murdered Black people, and said wait maybe we need to work with him and define REAL federal changes, maybe he would have voted.

These people who criticize him, have risked absolutely nothing. Yes, that man should have voted, but his fight was for murdered Black people. That was his stance. Respect his sacrifice, and try and help him and others to move forward to vote NOW, not shit on them as if his one vote in a Blue State was the energy that led to her loss. Clinton got beat by a racist, because she didn't work hard enough. Maybe Democrats should give that so called leftist ideology a shot one of these primaries.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As much as people love to blame the voters there was one person who could have guaranteed the seat stayed Liberal.
If the Democrats don’t expand the court and the senate it’s a wrap for equal rights for the next 30 years.

Yeah she really fucked up, by not stepping down. This is why all that "she is a feminist icon, RBG shit is wack to me" The country will recede back 50 years for her inability to plan under a Black president.

Black folks please wake the fuck up and vote in EVERY election for the rest of your lives, or we are doomed.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
So wait now it's Kaep's fault that over 50% of white women, DIDN'T vote for a white female. Its Kaep' fault that in three States, Jill Stein got 20-40K votes that tipped the scale to Trump. It's Kaep's fault that Clinton never campaigned in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Maybe if Clinton would have saw a man, risk it all for murdered Black people, and said wait maybe we need to work with him and define REAL federal changes, maybe he would have voted.

These people who criticize him, have risked absolutely nothing. Yes, that man should have voted, but his fight was for murdered Black people. That was his stance. Respect his sacrifice, and try and help him and others to move forward to vote NOW, not shit on them as if his one vote in a Blue State was the energy that led to her loss. Clinton got beat by a racist, because she didn't work hard enough. Maybe Democrats should give that so called leftist ideology a shot one of these primaries.

I'm not saying anything is his fault and I acknowledged the third party voters in the post you quoted. Kaep didn't deserve what happened to him and Trump shouldn't be targeting private citizens regardless, but how many people did he influence to sit out or vote third party?

If he lives in Cali the argument could be made his vote doesn't matter, but how many people who live elsewhere did he influence?

Just like white women who voted third party freaking out over RBG. They had a chance to maintain power and chose to concede it. They were comfortable in their protest vote because they didn't think Trump would win in the first place.

I haven't seen Colin complain about Trump, so I don't put him in that category, but there is no denying that Trump was able to influence the NFL only because he was POTUS. Kaep suffered directly as a result of his presidency.

Voting, or not, has consequences.

Just enough people dropped the ball, combined with voter suppression and Russian propaganda and everything is in place to do it again with the addition of effin with the mail service and telling people to vote twice so he has proof of voter fraud.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
McConnell orchestrated this shit like a fucking masterpiece. All you can do is tip your cap to the diabolical effectiveness. How in the hell did he outsmart EVERYBODY, from little ass Kentucky.
Orchestrating ignorance is actually easier than most people think. All you have to do is find a thing that people hate (or even that they think they hate) and then feed into that.

Why do you think that Obama's Hope message was so harshly targeted and criticized? Racism was part of it, but people having hope for the future is the exact opposite of the environment that McConnell and co. wanted. They created an entire campaign of fear, hate and prejudice, simply to kill any chances that people might find that reasonable.

And once you tap that well of darkness, once you give people not just the freedom to be their worse selves but permission, that's how you end up with 40 percent of the already apathetic voting base thinking that a raving lunatic of a man is heavensent. Ignorance doesn't need that big of a push in the eye of fanaticism.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

not voting means youre leaving the choice for president up to knuckledraggers without checking them.

your vote NULLIFIES the vote of an imbecile.

if you dont negate them, their ignorance will pile up until it wins.