Bobby Womack passes away at 70

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"We were behind on the album, so we had to do all nighters in the studio. My keyboardist was explaining it to his wife, and she started complaining about him not being home at night, so he got mad and said, 'If you think you're lonely now, wait until tonight!', and I looked up at him and said, 'What did you just say?'" - Bobby Womack RIP to an ALL TIME great.

:eek::lol::itsawrap::smh:

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Rest in peace Mr Womack.

ikj4MDOZiydot.gif

the artist

Same shit, different day
BGOL Investor
You had no confirmation or link, and the particular story you posted had been reported as a hoax. This thread's story, however, is confirmed by his label, his sister, TMZ and Rolling Stone.

I was with Roy Ayers when he got the call. Although I had no immediate link, I wouldn't have posted it if it were hearsay. Oh well....I was jipped of a post. Ha!

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mixed feelings today - sad and sort of happy for him (that the suffering is over).

Here's my favorite Womack:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HtdtoXNDLqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tom Slick

The Black HHH
BGOL Investor
My folks put this together. I can't front like I really knew a lot about Bobby Womack, but I've always loved what I heard.

<iframe src="//www.spreaker.com/embed/player/standard?autoplay=false&episode_id=4668130" style="width: 100%; height: 131px; min-width: 400px;" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
This style of and quality of singer is becoming more and more rare...Raw, gritty, uncompromising, non-mainstream r&b/blues storytellers. The kind of singers that are an uncut mix of gospel and the blues...

Otis Redding, Bobby Bland, Johnnie Taylor, Tyrone Davis, Latimore, Teddy Pendergrass - all gone...now Bobby Womack - one of the greatest legends we had left. The Brother sang straight from the marrow of his bones.

We're blessed to still have Al Green.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
This style of and quality of singer is becoming more and more rare...Raw, gritty, uncompromising, non-mainstream r&b/blues storytellers. The kind of singers that are an uncut mix of gospel and the blues...

Otis Redding, Bobby Bland, Johnnie Taylor, Tyrone Davis, Latimore, Teddy Pendergrass - all gone...now Bobby Womack - one of the greatest legends we had left. The Brother sang straight from the marrow of his bones.

We're blessed to still have Al Green.

I believe Latimore is still living.