Certified Pussy Poster
He is right lock stock barrel

But....

There is also bad books.

And misinformation.

So it's not as simple as read a book

ANYMORE.

But is overall point message and plea is 100%

We don't know our own history and we don't educate ourselves using the teaching of our best and brightest.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reading books and understanding what you've read are two different things.

A dumb motherfucker can still have an opinion then what?

I'm reading "At the scratch line" and it's taking me months to finish it cause I'm just no longer interested in easy read street/prison lit.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Real shit, it starts early, with parents in the home... my wife subs as a teacher, mostly K-8, And these young Black kids are struggling with reading the actual words as well as comprehension. If you struggle to read from the jump, you probably won't enjoy reading later on, and that's what we see.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I mean how do you read the art of war and come away with that mentality unless you totally missed any reasoned interpretation?. That's the real key, interpret books. Fold their lessons into you consciousness to help clarify reality. For instance, you can (and most likely would) read an academic text about the particle zoo and still come out knowing as much or as little as before you began.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some nuggets of truth that will be discounted because of his arrogant, accusatory, disrespectful presentation. Reading is fundamental but calling black people ignorant and then ignorantly referring to them as niggas and muthafuckas points to his own ignorance and can't help but turn people off and step on what otherwise would be a valuable message. :smh:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
This is gonna be the argument thread of the day......

cobb-vanth-the-mandalorian.gif

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Some nuggets of truth that will be discounted because of his arrogant, accusatory, disrespectful presentation. Reading is fundamental but calling black people ignorant and then ignorantly referring to them as niggas and muthafuckas points to his own ignorance and can't help but turn people off and step on what otherwise would be a valuable message. :smh:
He didn't call black people ignorant or muthafuckas

He called the ignorant ass niggas he was talking to ignorant muthafuckas. Black folks not in that category felt zero sting and agreed with him.

If niggas was listening to Lavar we wouldn't even be having this conversation

His message will definitely be discounted if we mischaracterize it

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He didn't call black people ignorant or muthafuckas

He called the ignorant ass niggas he was talking to ignorant muthafuckas. Black folks not in that category felt zero sting and agreed with him.

If niggas was listening to Lavar we wouldn't even be having this conversation

His message will definitely be discounted if we mischaracterize it

He didn't??? Your interpretation is curious. Why he did feel he had to use those terms to get his point across? No need to call people insulting names to promote the reading of books. :hmm:

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't like broad generalizations... plenty of black people I know read books
Comprehension understanding what you are reading is a huge part. Knowing how to think critically and application of the information is also needed. Study groups can be a big help to really break the information down and see it from different people's perspective. Challenging your mind is exercising your mind.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When did he say he was only talking about black people?!

I feel like this is about society as a WHOLE

and son vocalized almost verbatim what i've been saying almost DAILY.....

It's frustrating how ignorant people are in this so called "information age"

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When did he say he was only talking about black people?!

I feel like this is about society as a WHOLE

and son vocalized almost verbatim what i've been saying almost DAILY.....

He can’t worry about everybody else, he can only focus on the people in front of him right now.

not everybody wants to read. We just happen to live in a time where the people who hate reading can broadcast their ignorance unfiltered. But that ability to disseminate garbage is the point of the internet. Having to choose between reading and doing your Googles, most of us will always choose the latter.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
You have a problem with “Blacks” or something? I don’t use African American fuck that term . You acting like I put “The” in front like a cac. FOH nigga

You don't use "African American" but you use "blacks". You sound like one of then retarded ADOS clowns. "Blacks" is what white folk call us.

Last edited:

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's also the misinformation/disinformation age.

Digital literacy needs to be a course in school... everything online doesn't hold the same weight. Niggas really be out here thinking that an IG post with a picture of a person and a quote is acceptable evidence :smh:... I saw on TikTok :smh:... Joe Rogan's podcast said :smh:... I saw a Youtube video :smh:

Too many people can't separate the substance from the shit.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
You don't us "African American" but you use "blacks". You sound like one of then retarded ADOS clowns. "Blacks" is what white folk call us.
FOH , Elon Musk and Charlize Theron are African Americans. You want to be lumped in with them be my guest, I’m a Black Man

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
FOH , Elon Musk and Charlize Theron are African Americans. You want to be lumped in with them be my guest, I’m a Black Man

They are not Africans, they are of European descent. Do you think a DNA test would link them back to any of the African countries?

Post your hand bastid.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
It's also the misinformation/disinformation age.

Digital literacy needs to be a course in school... everything online doesn't hold the same weight. Niggas really be out here thinking that an IG post with a picture of a person and a quote is acceptable evidence :smh:... I saw on TikTok :smh:... Joe Rogan's podcast said :smh:... I saw a Youtube video :smh:

Too many people can't separate the substance from the shit.
On God

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
He didn't??? Your interpretation is curious. Why he did feel he had to use those terms to get his point across? No need to call people insulting names to promote the reading of books. :hmm:
He defined, in plain terms, the groups he was talking to. He said "niggas who are not reading" and "muthafuckas who didn't do the work".

Plain ass terms, but my interpretation is curious. We gotta stop the intellectual dishonesty.

Why did he feel he needed to use those terms is a different question, as well as that of the efficacy of that approach. Both subjective so you're asking rhetorical questions. I think his word choice was reflective of his frustration with non reading ass niggas who argue nonsense points because they didn't do the work of actual research.

Why you ask questions you smart enough to figure out the answers to yourself is a better question here.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They are not Africans, they are of European descent. Do you think a DNA test would link them back to any of the African countries?

Post your hand bastid.
Nigga we talking labels , technically they are African American . There’s no mix up when you say you Black. As for my hand. I’ve already posted that , my arm and my voice. I ain’t doing this shit no more. Ask @Camille how white I am.