Black Pitmaster in Oakland Doing His Thing

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Sure have. He moved locations and is now in that spot in the video. Ribs are the truth. Everybody be on Everette and Jones ribs but I think they overrated. When I first moved to Oakland I had Flints which was the hood spot they too always seemed to burn the ribs. This cat can throw down. That Mac n cheese is pure crack

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sure have. He moved locations and is now in that spot in the video. Ribs are the truth. Everybody be on Everette and Jones ribs but I think they overrated. When I first moved to Oakland I had Flints which was the hood spot they too always seemed to burn the ribs. This cat can throw down. That Mac n cheese is pure crack

Yeah...the place looks dope

Wish we had something like that here in MD

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
RIP McCoys by 6-9 Vill

Smokey ass spaghetti & beef links & a few ribs. 2 deep in the hood to get that freeway traffic, but in this day & age of social media. They would be cranking.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
RIP McCoys by 6-9 Vill

Smokey ass spaghetti & beef links & a few ribs. 2 deep in the hood to get that freeway traffic, but in this day & age of social media. They would be cranking.
I don’t think cacs are bold enough to stand out by Lockwood Gardens LOL even the boldest of today’s hipster scum. Cacs will flood into West and North Oakland but shook of East

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was Flints on e 14th near the coliseum? I used to live a couple blocks from there back in the late 90s..there was some hood spot, but I forgot it now.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Was Flints on e 14th near the coliseum? I used to live a couple blocks from there back in the late 90s..there was some hood spot, but I forgot it now.
Yup, they had one in West Oakland too. There was also Doug’s in North Oakland by Emeryville, they was wack though

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Flints is all my pops would get growing up. I didnt discover McCoys , E&J , and a little spot by Huntsberry Liquor on Mac until I was old enough to drive.

Flints or backyard barrel smoke from pops was it. I still cant mimic my pops marinade to this day. His old Alabama recipe is gone with him.

I'm links over ribs all day. If the links are fugazi , the ribs are fugazi. I wont even know if you got good ribs until 2nd go round. Im getting the links 1st. If they aint fire , I wont be back.

Mexican style in beer marinade. My best friend growing up next door, his pops would marinade in beer. I remember being scarred to tell my parents because I saw the meat coming out of the beer before hitting the grill. :lol::lol:. First time I had crawfish at the Lopez house. Playing with the mini lobsters before eatting them sons of bitches.

Last edited:

b-stro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like St.Loius and Memphis style bbq so the only place in the bay i BUY bbq is KC’s BBQ in Berkeley

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Flints is all my pops would get growing up. I didnt discover McCoys , E&J , and a little spot by Huntsberry Liquor on Mac until I was old enough to drive.

Flints or backyard barrel smoke from pops was it. I still cant mimic my pops marinade to this day. His old Alabama recipe is gone with him.

I'm links over ribs all day. If the links are fugazi , the ribs are fugazi. I wont even know if you got good ribs until 2nd go round. Im getting the links 1st. If they aint fire , I wont be back.

Mexican style in beer marinade. My best friend growing up next door, his pops would marinade in beer. I remember being scarred to tell my parents because I saw the meat coming out of the beer before hitting the grill. :lol::lol:. First time I had crawfish at the Lopez house. Playing with the mini lobsters before eatting them sons of bitches.

There's a hundred new rib spots in and around the A and I haven't seen one joint do links...only time I can get em is when I go to Chi...

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
There's a hundred new rib spots in and around the A and I haven't seen one joint do links...only time I can get em is when I go to Chi...

If they dont have links on the menu , Im walking right the fuck back out. If they serve me a whole link that aint sliced & SLATHERED, FOH. I know then u from somehwere else, that I dont wanna visit.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lil cardboard container, fries drowned in sauce, 2 links split down the middle over the fries, 2 slices of white bread on top of the links, covered in wax paper, and served behind bulletproof glass(the glass keeps the flava in) :yes:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
I've been hearing about this spot quite a bit. I hope the best for them because Everrett and Jones been on some BS. I know Oakland is expensive but a really good BBQ spot could make a killing here. Right now the best BBQ spot here is Phat Matts. CAC BBQ though.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
RIP McCoys by 6-9 Vill

Was that on East 14th/International right across the street from the school? If so, that used to be Flints and Thisisit BBQ back in the day. All the best BBQ spots fell off when the parents got too old and their kids took em over.

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
Was that on East 14th/International right across the street from the school? If so, that used to be Flints and Thisisit BBQ back in the day. All the best BBQ spots fell off when the parents got too old and their kids took em over.

Flints was off Havenscourt , McCoys was on 6-5 if Im not mistaken. Same side of the street. E 1 4

Radeon

Star
Registered
They moved to 4307 telegraph ave. Went there today only to find out they only open on sun & moon.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Flints was cool, good food decent prices. they opened a sauced in walnut creek and the burnt ends are fucking amazing. I used to go to the one in Livermore, but as a lover of smoked food, flints cant fuck with sauced.

Flints was off Havenscourt , McCoys was on 6-5 if Im not mistaken. Same side of the street. E 1 4

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Haven't been to E&J since a roach crawled out from under the bar on me
:puke: