Black Men & Stress: Have you ever had a horrible run of BAD LUCK & How did u deal?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My baby girl is HOME!!!!

tenor.gif

Back like she NEVER left

Thank you to ALL

Your prayers and well wishes and positive energy

kept TELLING me she would be home for Christmas...

and I can't lie

I lost faith for a minute.

But ya'll held me up

Please enjoy the holidays love your families.

I wish you ALL nothing but health, wealth, success and happiness.

Peace

dopeness...

dont forget to get those multi mineral drops and add it to her milk/water

DaddyDiesel

Rising Star
OG Investor
My baby girl is HOME!!!!

tenor.gif

Back like she NEVER left

Thank you to ALL

and I can't lie

But ya'll held me up

Peace

:):yes:;):yes::)
Just what we wanted to hear, appreciate you fam for being open and the positivity you bring to the board. Blessings to your daughter, you and your family. 1hunnid.

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
My baby girl is HOME!!!!

tenor.gif

Back like she NEVER left

Thank you to ALL

and I can't lie

But ya'll held me up

Peace
Awesome news PH. As always sending you lots of love from my family to yours. She's is a not only an empress but she is a souljah. So very happy she's home especially for the holidays.

Retarded_1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My baby girl is HOME!!!!

tenor.gif

Back like she NEVER left

Thank you to ALL

and I can't lie

But ya'll held me up

Peace
My baby girl is HOME!!!!

tenor.gif

Back like she NEVER left

Thank you to ALL

and I can't lie

But ya'll held me up

Peace
:thumbsup:
Best Gift Of All...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol:

my pack of almonds ran out shit had a young bro skressing
but no worries tho had the re-up stashed in my mattress forgot about that.
we good now playa.

sup with you?

So far so good family.

Looking out at the world i gonna count blessings

Cause i know a WHOLE lot of people unemployed, money tight, alone, depressed, hungry, scared.

I actually think we need to give bgol credit

Its a welcome distraction and source of knowledge info support

I've gotten tips on getting supplies, medications, stuff for home schooling, investment tips, books, entertainment, etc etc

We really need to shout out @HNIC when this is done.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

So far so good family.

Looking out at the world i gonna count blessings

Cause i know a WHOLE lot of people unemployed, money tight, alone, depressed, hungry, scared.

I actually think we need to give bgol credit

Its a welcome distraction and source of knowledge info support

I've gotten tips on getting supplies, medications, stuff for home schooling, investment tips, books, entertainment, etc etc

We really need to shout out @HNIC when this is done.
i feel ya bro. we are here for support

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Black Men, we need to take care of ourselves....

RIP to this brother...can't imagine his mental state

A Black sheriff's deputy in Louisiana condemned police brutality and institutionalized racism. Then he died by suicide
By Emma Tucker and Chris Boyette, CNN

Updated 3:30 PM ET, Sat February 6, 2021

Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Deputy Clyde Kerr III's death by suicide left his department "heartbroken."
(CNN)A Louisiana sheriff's deputy died by suicide on Monday after recording and posting to social media videos of himself condemning institutionalized racism and describing his struggle as a Black law enforcement officer in a system that he says condones police brutality against Black people.
Lafayette Parish Deputy Clyde Kerr III, 43, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, according to a preliminary coroner's report. He was outside the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office, according to Capt. John Mowell.
Kerr became a deputy in 2015, Mowell said.
He was a New Orleans native, Army veteran and father of two boys.

The year of reckoning: How 2020 revealed the fault lines in American policing

In the videos posted online, he spoke about the police killings of Black Americans such as Breonna Taylor in Louisville, Kentucky, and George Floyd in Minneapolis -- which sparked nationwide protests last summer against police brutality and racial injustice.
"I've had enough of all of this nonsense, serving a system that does not give a damn about me or people like me," Kerr said in one video, speaking directly to the camera. "You have no idea how hard it is to put a uniform on in this day and age with everything that's going on."
CNN has confirmed Kerr's identity in the videos with Michael Robinson, who described Kerr as one of his closest friends. Kerr filmed two videos on January 29 and a final one on January 31. All three were posted to his YouTube account just hours before his death, according to Robinson.
In his last video, Kerr described himself as a "stellar" deputy who dedicated his life to the service of others. He also called for additional mental health resources for police officers, including more frequent psychiatric evaluations.
"This is my protest against police brutality and everything else that comes along with it in this broken, wicked, worldly system that does not give a damn about people," the deputy said.
Kerr, who served in Afghanistan and Iraq as a soldier, was a school resource officer at St. Genevieve Elementary School and St. Genevieve Middle School in Lafayette.

Black churches enlist mental health pros to support community

Robinson said he met Kerr in 1995 as they were moving into their dorms at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, where the deputy studied criminal justice.
"He just loved being an officer," Robinson said. "He just didn't like some of the things behind the scenes, such as practices that needed to change for the better. He had great ideas about what could be done to make it better and heal the relationship with the public."
Robinson told CNN that the death of Floyd last May weighed heavily on Kerr. He confided in Robinson last summer about a difficult conversation he had with his teenage son, who watched the widely circulated video of Floyd's killing.
"He told me that he thought about resigning just because of how everything was, and I told him if he did that in this climate, I don't think anybody could fault him for it," Robinson said. "But I said, 'Man, those kids would really miss you.' That's basically the reason he was still there."
In a statement to CNN, the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office said they are "heartbroken" from the loss of Kerr, who "took his own life earlier this week and left behind so many friends and coworkers who cared for him deeply. Our thoughts and prayers are with Deputy Kerr's family, as we all struggle to process this together."
To get help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). There is also a crisis text line. For crisis support in Spanish, call 1-888-628-9454.
CNN's Ray Sanchez contribuited to this report.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Black Men, we need to take care of ourselves....

RIP to this brother...can't imagine his mental state

A Black sheriff's deputy in Louisiana condemned police brutality and institutionalized racism. Then he died by suicide
By Emma Tucker and Chris Boyette, CNN

Updated 3:30 PM ET, Sat February 6, 2021

Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Deputy Clyde Kerr III's death by suicide left his department "heartbroken."
(CNN)A Louisiana sheriff's deputy died by suicide on Monday after recording and posting to social media videos of himself condemning institutionalized racism and describing his struggle as a Black law enforcement officer in a system that he says condones police brutality against Black people.
Lafayette Parish Deputy Clyde Kerr III, 43, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, according to a preliminary coroner's report. He was outside the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office, according to Capt. John Mowell.
Kerr became a deputy in 2015, Mowell said.
He was a New Orleans native, Army veteran and father of two boys.
The year of reckoning: How 2020 revealed the fault lines in American policing
In the videos posted online, he spoke about the police killings of Black Americans such as Breonna Taylor in Louisville, Kentucky, and George Floyd in Minneapolis -- which sparked nationwide protests last summer against police brutality and racial injustice.
"I've had enough of all of this nonsense, serving a system that does not give a damn about me or people like me," Kerr said in one video, speaking directly to the camera. "You have no idea how hard it is to put a uniform on in this day and age with everything that's going on."
CNN has confirmed Kerr's identity in the videos with Michael Robinson, who described Kerr as one of his closest friends. Kerr filmed two videos on January 29 and a final one on January 31. All three were posted to his YouTube account just hours before his death, according to Robinson.
In his last video, Kerr described himself as a "stellar" deputy who dedicated his life to the service of others. He also called for additional mental health resources for police officers, including more frequent psychiatric evaluations.
"This is my protest against police brutality and everything else that comes along with it in this broken, wicked, worldly system that does not give a damn about people," the deputy said.
Kerr, who served in Afghanistan and Iraq as a soldier, was a school resource officer at St. Genevieve Elementary School and St. Genevieve Middle School in Lafayette.
Black churches enlist mental health pros to support community
Robinson said he met Kerr in 1995 as they were moving into their dorms at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, where the deputy studied criminal justice.
"He just loved being an officer," Robinson said. "He just didn't like some of the things behind the scenes, such as practices that needed to change for the better. He had great ideas about what could be done to make it better and heal the relationship with the public."
Robinson told CNN that the death of Floyd last May weighed heavily on Kerr. He confided in Robinson last summer about a difficult conversation he had with his teenage son, who watched the widely circulated video of Floyd's killing.
"He told me that he thought about resigning just because of how everything was, and I told him if he did that in this climate, I don't think anybody could fault him for it," Robinson said. "But I said, 'Man, those kids would really miss you.' That's basically the reason he was still there."
In a statement to CNN, the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office said they are "heartbroken" from the loss of Kerr, who "took his own life earlier this week and left behind so many friends and coworkers who cared for him deeply. Our thoughts and prayers are with Deputy Kerr's family, as we all struggle to process this together."
To get help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). There is also a crisis text line. For crisis support in Spanish, call 1-888-628-9454.
CNN's Ray Sanchez contribuited to this report.
Fuck. I hate reading this b/c it don't say why he committed suicide. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking "was he actually murdered?" I just can't see him killing himself over some bullshit, but things do fall apart. Rip peace.

elchoccolatte

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ive been in very similar circumstances as all of ya"ll, Used to think IT was JUST ME, But NOW i don't feel alone anymore, Thanks for letting me being able to read in, I feel relieved just reading an being able to relax knowing I dealt with it too...

PREACH on Brothers!!!

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
5 years ago:

-Sustained a really painful spinal injury.
-Broke up with child’s mother and was back and forth to court fighting for 50-50 custody.
-Just failed a Promotion at job.

Honestly I took a few weeks of smoking weed for the pain, then made a plan to get to where I wanted to be.

Now I’m married to a way better woman, who just gave me another child. I have maintained 50-50 custody of my first child and maintained a good relationship. Recovered from my injury and been promoted.

In tough times, focus on where you want to go and getting there rather than where you are currently at. You can control the past but you can control much of your present actions which will shape your future.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great drop ^^^

Depression a motherfucka.

Over a ten year span, I was blackballed at work. Within the first couple years of that ten year bid, my daddy died. Then tore my leg up playing basketball so bad where I had to rehab for 5 years. During that time, I get arrested at work and was accused of all kinds of shit by police and thrown in jail. My family bails me out and the case never even goes to court cause it was bullshit from jump. While on paid leave from job, my mama dies. After 20 years in the information technology field, I quit my job the day before her funeral. People still try to get me to do IT consultant work because I was really good, but i can't do it. I hate that shit. Skipping over a lot of details but if you want to know the jest, reference Sydney Poiter in "A Raisin in the Sun" or Denzel Washington in "Fences".

Doing much better now, but every blue moon i get triggered. Anyway, traced my depression to childhood trauma and the trials & tribulations of being Black in America.

Never got help except from the creator (tole it on a mountain), my family & friendd. My wife held me down. Never went to medical establishment. Didn't take medication other than groot. Lots of groot. Nigga, I am groot.

What worked for me besides the already mentioned:
1. Processing through the body: exercising, yoga, tai chi, swimming, cycling, running, bodyweight training, etc.

2. Good nutrition.

3. Not suppressing trauma, and expressing my feeling & experiences.

4. Being aware of what is going on in my mind and body. Feeling whatever I'm feeling and giving it space to be. I had to reassess my "i don't give a fuck" philosophy.

5. Stop isolating myself.

6. Make new friends

7. Helping others

8. Creating a new career. I hustle as a bodywork therapist and I am studying to become a Doctor now.

9. Getting out in nature.

10. These BGOL streets

I know I ain't the only one. In any case, i pray for my brothas & sistas daily...

Last edited:

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Good thread! Fellas learn to subtract negative energy from your lives. You can’t help anyone if you can’t help yourself first. Do things you enjoy either alone or with family and friends. Work on short term goals and attain them, do the same for long term goals. It’s not going to be easy but working on yourself is free and a major start.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Never seen this thread. Lemme see... in my 58 years. Not in order of severity.

1. Loosing my dad and being evicted, almost terminated, working three jobs to help pay my mothers bills. Long story.

2. Wife lost her dad and sister within a couple of months. Very small family and then dealing with her .other afterwards.

3. Four heart attacks, severe knee arthritis, diabetes, high blood etc.

4. Just buried a best friend two weeks ago. Spoke at the service.

5. Dealing with harsh racism, firing, backstabbing at various jobs.

6. Unexpected death of mother at 36 and all of the doings afterwards. Bills, neighbors... I'm an only child.

7. Severely overweight. Long story.

8. Loan of $3K to a friend that can't now repay.

9. Wife has to go to a cancer institute later this month.

I'll stop here. Just wanted to give an example of basic problems. Solutions. There are none. I'm one out of eight (8) billion that have problems. I go to a quiet place to just think and rest. Have a drink. When good times and laughs do come I embrace it and enjoy. I don't believe in God, but I'm appreciative for any success.

I realize that even the best fighters just had to survive some rounds to win a fight. Also remember losing a bate is not losing the war. Wars are made of battles. Play the long game and take the occasional L.

That's it. I'm done.

Andros the magician

Support BGOL
Registered

1. Loosing my dad and being evicted, almost terminated, working three jobs to help pay my mothers bills. Long story.

2. Wife lost her dad and sister within a couple of months. Very small family and then dealing with her .other afterwards.

6. Unexpected death of mother at 36 and all of the doings afterwards. Bills, neighbors... I'm an only child.

I'll stop here. Just wanted to give an example of basic problems. Solutions. There are none. I'm one out of eight (8) billion that have problems. I go to a quiet place to just think and rest. Have a drink. When good times and laughs do come I embrace it and enjoy. I don't believe in God, but I'm appreciative for any success.

I realize that even the best fighters just had to survive some rounds to win a fight. Also remember losing a bate is not losing the war. Wars are made of battles. Play the long game and take the occasional L.

That's it. I'm done.

Very sorry you are enduring all of that man. I wish I could say something bro make it better. Other than trying to be here if needed.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

That's it. I'm done.

i hear u big bro stay strong