BGOL Throwback: Ya'll remember Highlander? UPDATE: Henry Cavill to star in Highlander reboot!

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
wasnt Dame Dash in that flick too???

11050995_gal.jpg

11051004_gal.jpg

11051005_gal.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bnl0ZVoxGFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
@1:10

He should have saved the money they paid him.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This may work. I'm tired of reboots but I will keep an open mind. Just need a good villain, and leave the love interest out of it. Tired of the same, villain captures his woman then he has to come save her for the final fight.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Superman in a kilt? Henry Cavill to star in Highlander reboot

The Man of Steel and The Witcher actor says he's been getting in touch with his Scottish heritage lately.
By Lauren Huff
May 21, 2021 at 05:03 PM EDT
\

Henry Cavill is going from capes to kilts.

The Man of Steel and Justice League actor is set to star in Lionsgate's reboot of the 1986 fantasy epic Highlander, which featured Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown in a tale of immortal warriors fighting each other to the death so that one can claim the ultimate prize.

Cavill himself shared the "very exciting" news Friday on Instagram. "I've been a fan of Highlander since I was lad," he wrote. "From the movies in all of their 80s, Queen slathered glory to the TV show with an actor who looked remarkably like one of my brothers." (Queen famously contributed several songs to the Highlander soundtrack, and the film spawned two direct sequels and a TV show.)

Cavill added that he's been "dipping into some of my Scottish heritage" lately and inadvertently doing research for the film. To illustrate, he posted a photo of the books Those Bloody Kilts and So You're Going to Wear the Kilt, a dagger, and a bottle of what appears to be Scotch "straight from cask."
It's not yet known what character Cavill will be playing, and details about the plot of the new film are scarce.

John Wick filmmaker Chad Stahelski is directing the Highlander reboot, and told EW in 2019, "We're trying to really lay out this universe and not f--- it up to the point where you cannot continue this story. We love it so much, we're trying to treat it with a lot of care."

Oh hell yeah. Hopefully Superman SHIRTLESS and in a kilt.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
There can be only one!

Duncan was my favorite immortal.
The TV show had so much more depth.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Henry Cavill Says Sword Training for ‘Highlander’ Tops Earlier Work: “You Haven’t Seen Anything Yet”​

The busy actor turned up in Las Vegas during Lionsgate's studio presentation to discuss his upcoming films for the studio, 'The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare,' 'In the Grey' and 'Highlander.'

BY CHRIS GARDNER

Henry Cavill had a lot to talk about in Las Vegas on Wednesday morning at CinemaCon.

The actor turned up on the Colosseum main stage inside Caesars Palace during Lionsgate‘s presentation to talk up a series of projects he’s doing with the studio, including Chad Stahelski’s Highlander and two Guy Ritchie films: this Friday’s release The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare and the upcoming In the Grey opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Eiza Gonzalez.

Cavill walked out to join Lionsgate motion picture group chair Adam Fogelson for a brief Q&A that started with Fogelson mentioning the facial hair Cavill sports in Ungentlemanly Warfare. “Is there any facial hair that does not look good on you?” Fogelson asked to which Cavill replied, “We’ve tried a few.”

He continued by saying that he loved his look on Ritchie’s actioner, though it’s “not my usual thing, aside from a controversial mustache early in my career.”
The conversation then turned to Ritchie’s In the Grey, marking another collaboration with the director. “At this stage, we are old friends,” Cavill said of the back-to-back collaborations. “So much so that he will throw a monologue at me that I have to learn [that day].” Cavill then praised Gyllenhaal as not only an incredible talent but a great guy. He expects that audiences will “see both of us onscreen more often.”
“Guy creates a wonderful environment on set,” Cavill continued. “There’s a creative freedom, certainly that’s where the new monologues come from. People often stand up on stages and say, ‘It’s like family.’ To a degree it is, but not necessarily the family you want to keep hanging out with all the time. In Guys’ case, it really is like family. There is a shorthand, there is a freedom of friendship and in that space, wonderful creative things happen.”

Lastly, the pair discussed the anticipated Highlander reboot, which Cavill is currently training for to play the immortal Scottish hero. “I am a lover of the original movies, for better or worse,” Cavill said. “It’s one of those things where reading the script, I wasn’t quite sure where they were going to go.” What he discovered is that Stahelski and the team are “going deep into the meaning of these characters, their trials and tribulations.”
He then teased something that should get fans stoked to see what they come up with: “If you think you’ve seen me do sword work before, you haven’t seen anything yet.”

With that, Cavill exited the stage with a pleasant, “Enjoy Vegas” to the crowd of theater owners. Fogelson got the last words and some laughs by saying, “There’s a list of things I have to prepare for every year, one of those is standing next to people who look like that.”