BGOL Black Father's Playlist: Be A Father To Your Child

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
46E07D6500000578-5136555-image-a-2_1512138979986.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5136555/Trayvon-Martins-father-gets-tattoo-honor-son.html
46E0782300000578-5136555-image-a-5_1512139010730.jpg

46E07D5500000578-5136555-image-a-19_1512139583301.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam,

Ya'll know I have a baby with Sickle Cell Disease, in fact she is just back in the hospital again second time in a month.

Just wanted to ask for my bgol fam to do what they do and assist us in getting support for the Sickle Cell Assembly Bill in New York State...

If ya' ll can all send a tweet or on Facebook

and tell Governor Cuomo to support this bill it would be a blessing.

I KNOW many of ya'll don't vote.

I understand.

But this is making these government officials actually DO THEIR JOBS

and help THOUSANDS of children and young adults

MANY of them Black to get treatment and support

I keep telling ya'll BGOL is MUCH MORE then an internet board.

Peace fam and thank you for your support...

sample tweet...

Please take a moment today (and every day!) to tweet Governor Andrew Cuomo to approve funding for sickle cell!
2764.png
1f4b0.png
1f4aa-1f3fd.png
@NYGovCuomo – Fully Fund the Sickle Cell Disease Assembly Bill 5313 and Senate Bill 4054.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam,

Ya'll know I have a baby with Sickle Cell Disease, in fact she is just back in the hospital again second time in a month.

Just wanted to ask for my bgol fam to do what they do and assist us in getting support for the Sickle Cell Assembly Bill in New York State...

If ya' ll can all send a tweet or on Facebook

and tell Governor Cuomo to support this bill it would be a blessing.

I KNOW many of ya'll don't vote.

I understand.

But this is making these government officials actually DO THEIR JOBS

and help THOUSANDS of children and young adults

MANY of them Black to get treatment and support

I keep telling ya'll BGOL is MUCH MORE then an internet board.

Peace fam and thank you for your support...

sample tweet...

Please take a moment today (and every day!) to tweet Governor Andrew Cuomo to approve funding for sickle cell!
2764.png
1f4b0.png
1f4aa-1f3fd.png
@NYGovCuomo – Fully Fund the Sickle Cell Disease Assembly Bill 5313 and Senate Bill 4054.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

You and your friends might want to ring in your 21st year watching the sunset and exchanging energy-imbued geodes, but your dad, as always, has other plans. In celebration of Jaden Smith’s 21st birthday, Will Smith did the most dad thing possible and just absolutely held court the entire time. “I’ve kept from saying this since you were born,” the actor declares in a video uploaded to his YouTube channel. “Most of the decisions that developed you were your mother. ‘Cause I was at work! I wasn’t home,” says Smith. “‘Your mother did most of the work! I’m not goin’ front!”

In addition to passing out fatherly advice (never break two laws at one time) and boasting about staying married to wife Jada, Will Smith also describes a few specifics of the night Jaden was conceived to Jaden’s friends. The highlights? A (no doubt amazing) Mexican villa and, of course, tequila shots. “That’s how you got here,” Smith gleefully announces.

“You just make us proud every single day. So here’s to your 21st birthday, and here’s to you being a full grown man,” Smith concluded, toasting his son. “And here’s to being off my insurance. Here’s to paying your own bills. I’m gonna have the accountants transfer all your stuff first thing tomorrow morning.”

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Start them out young with bee pollen, bee propolis, and royal jelly. In fact we should go back to our real roots and raise them up off of breast milk and water and then after that nothing but organic raw fruits and vegetables. And make sure they have a regular work out schedule. You would be raising them up as a free black instead of a carbon copy of white devils and controlled by the system

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

Amen. I remember my old man tossing a recruiter out of the house because his punk ass didn't use the coaster and kept putting his coke on my mom's coffee table. He got 2 warnings before my old man said you got to go. I remember being so fucking proud. I also remember being ready to stomped his punk ass out if he would tried something.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

‘Hair Love’ Short Will Get North American Release In Front Of ‘Angry Birds 2’
By AMID AMIDI | 08/05/2019 4:43 pm | 10

Hair Love, the independent animated short that was acquired earlier this yearby Sony Pictures Animation, will make its North American theatrical debut in front of The Angry Birds Movie 2, opening on August 14.

The film centers around the relationship between an African-American father, his daughter Zuri, and “the most daunting task a father could ever come across – doing his daughter’s hair.” Based on a story by former NFL player-turned-director Matthew A. Cherry, it was directed by Cherry, Everett Downing Jr. (animator, Up, WALL—E, Brave), and Bruce W. Smith (creator, The Proud Family,director, Bebe’s Kids).

Hair Love developed a strong base of support during its early production, thanks to a 2017 Kickstarter campaign that raised $300,000, which was at the time the largest amount a short film, animated or live action, had ever earned on the crowdfunding platform.

lg.php

“To see this project go from a Kickstarter campaign to the big screen is truly a dream come true,” Cherry said in apress statement released on Monday. “I couldn’t be more excited for Hair Love to be playing with The Angry Birds Movie 2 in front of a wide audience and for the world to see our touching story about a black father trying to figure out how to do his daughter’s hair for the very first time.”

Hair Love features the voice of Issa Rae as the young girl’s mother. The short is produced by Karen Rupert Toliver, Stacey Newton, Monica A. Young, Matthew A. Cherry, and Lion Forge Animation’s David Steward II and Carl Reed. Peter Ramsey and Frank Abney serve as executive producers.

The short’s co-executive producers include Jordan Peele, Andrew Hawkins, Harrison Barnes, Yara and Keri Shahidi. The short’s associate producers include N’Dambi Gillespie, Gabrielle Union-Wade & Dwayne Wade Jr., Gabourey Sidibe, Stephanie Fredric, and Claude Kelly.

Physical production of Hair Love took place at L.A.-based animation studio Six Point Harness.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

‘Hair Love’ Short Will Get North American Release In Front Of ‘Angry Birds 2’
By AMID AMIDI | 08/05/2019 4:43 pm | 10

Hair Love, the independent animated short that was acquired earlier this yearby Sony Pictures Animation, will make its North American theatrical debut in front of The Angry Birds Movie 2, opening on August 14.

The film centers around the relationship between an African-American father, his daughter Zuri, and “the most daunting task a father could ever come across – doing his daughter’s hair.” Based on a story by former NFL player-turned-director Matthew A. Cherry, it was directed by Cherry, Everett Downing Jr. (animator, Up, WALL—E, Brave), and Bruce W. Smith (creator, The Proud Family,director, Bebe’s Kids).

Hair Love developed a strong base of support during its early production, thanks to a 2017 Kickstarter campaign that raised $300,000, which was at the time the largest amount a short film, animated or live action, had ever earned on the crowdfunding platform.

lg.php

“To see this project go from a Kickstarter campaign to the big screen is truly a dream come true,” Cherry said in apress statement released on Monday. “I couldn’t be more excited for Hair Love to be playing with The Angry Birds Movie 2 in front of a wide audience and for the world to see our touching story about a black father trying to figure out how to do his daughter’s hair for the very first time.”

Hair Love features the voice of Issa Rae as the young girl’s mother. The short is produced by Karen Rupert Toliver, Stacey Newton, Monica A. Young, Matthew A. Cherry, and Lion Forge Animation’s David Steward II and Carl Reed. Peter Ramsey and Frank Abney serve as executive producers.

The short’s co-executive producers include Jordan Peele, Andrew Hawkins, Harrison Barnes, Yara and Keri Shahidi. The short’s associate producers include N’Dambi Gillespie, Gabrielle Union-Wade & Dwayne Wade Jr., Gabourey Sidibe, Stephanie Fredric, and Claude Kelly.

Physical production of Hair Love took place at L.A.-based animation studio Six Point Harness.

this is beautiful....AND HEAVY! But so true if you’ve got girls and have dealt with their hair! I LOVE that they father was there for BOTH his girls; true man and patriarch.

We must keep teaching our girls that their hair is another extension of their beauty and uniqueness as black women and it has value that can NEVER BE MATCHED!!

This might be separate post worth but props to @playahaitian for the initial post so maybe he’ll do the honors if warranted.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
this is beautiful....AND HEAVY! But so true if you’ve got girls and have dealt with their hair! I LOVE that they father was there for BOTH his girls; true man and patriarch.

We must keep teaching our girls that their hair is another extension of their beauty and uniqueness as black women and it has value that can NEVER BE MATCHED!!

This might be separate post worth but props to @playahaitian for the initial post so maybe he’ll do the honors if warranted.

Black excellence