Baseball.........Anybody still interested?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jacob deGrom's MRI clean; New York Mets taking 'day-by-day approach'
play
Jacob deGrom records eight strikeouts and an RBI through three innings of play against the Cubs before he is pulled from the game due to a shoulder injury. (1:01)
4:23 PM ET
An MRI performed on New York Mets ace Jacob deGrom's right shoulder came back clean, manager Luis Rojas said Thursday. The results were examined by two doctors.
"We had an MRI taken on him and ran it through two doctors just to have a second opinion, as well, and both doctors had the same prognosis from the imaging: It just shows as a normal shoulder a pitcher would have and there's no concern," Rojas said, adding that deGrom played catch Thursday.
Rojas said that the team plans to take "a day-by-day approach" with deGrom and that there are no plans right now to place him on the injured list. The Mets also aren't sure when he'll make his next start.
ould change today, doing an IL stint," Rojas said. "It's going to be a normal shoulder in 10 days. I'm less concerned [because] he's playing catch today."
DeGrom left Wednesday night's start against the Chicago Cubs with shoulder soreness. It marked the third time he has left a start with an injury this season, including Friday against the San Diego Padres with elbow soreness and May 9 against the Arizona Diamondbacks after five innings with right side tightness.
Rojas said Thursday that none of deGrom's injuries are connected.
"This is an isolated thing from the right forearm or the flexor tendinitis," Rojas reiterated. "It's something that happened yesterday. We checked him after the game and checked him today, and everything is normal."
DeGrom, 32, struck out eight of the nine batters he faced over three innings, and he drove in a run with an RBI single in the second inning. The Mets aren't ruling anything out in terms of what caused his latest ailment, including even the possibility of it happening on a swing at the plate or simply because of how hard he throws. DeGrom has the highest average fastball velocity (99.2 mph) of anyone in baseball.
"We want to pay attention to this thing, on a day-by-day approach," Rojas said.
DeGrom's three shutout innings Wednesday lowered his ERA to 0.54 -- he has given up only four earned runs all year -- while his RBI gave him six on the season. He has 111 strikeouts in 67 innings.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
198973206_10159186353052410_7934587433084578546_n.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When a prominent hitter gets seriously hurt on national TV by a wild pitch...

All stuff - the league and the union finally going to stop the bullsh*t and find a real solution to this foreign substance stufc.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
David Wells has never been shy about letting his feelings be known. No filter on Boomer and he'll tell you like it is. He'll let you know how hungover he was during his perfect game, and he'll also let you know how much he hates umpires and how he wants to punch them. He was always a little bit of a hot head so it isn't a surprise he wanted to knock one out a time or two. After the recent events in baseball it's hard to disagree with him. Glad to see Wells has held onto all that pent up anger towards umps since he retired. David Wells vs Joe West in the next Rough N' Rowdy?
Jared: "Which unwritten rule in baseball would you nix?"

David Wells: "Right now with the game going.....I mean...I hate umpires. I'd have to find something we could do away with with these umpires. I mean, they just....you know what we should do is you should be able to bump them and do whatever. Actually you should be able to punch one of them if you want. Because there are a couple guys I wanted to punch over time. But you know, with the umpires they ruin the game I think. They're right a majority of the time and theres some great umpires, don't get me wrong. But its those ones that are douchebags, we should have free will at them."