Baseball.........Anybody still interested?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
The lie makes it worse. He was busted for clobestal. He claims it was in a cream he’s using for ringworm. However that’s called clobetosal and that’s for eczema and psoriasis not ringworm
Yup. Lyin' piece of shit!!!! :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

0pYKl5.jpg

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They invited and provided transportation to about 500 people from Uvalde to the game today... During the pre-game meet & greet a lil girl asked Breg to hit a HR for her...

:D:D

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended 80 games for drug violation; Preller cites ‘trust’ issue
Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr. will miss the rest of the season and part of 2023 after testing positive for performance-enhancing substance.
(K.C. Alfred/The San Diego Union-Tribune)
Padres superstar won’t play at all in 2022, will miss first part of 2023 season as well
BY KEVIN ACEE
AUG. 12, 2022 4:14 PM PT
WASHINGTON —
Fernando Tatis Jr. will not play for the Padres this season.
The 23-year-old shortstop was suspended Friday for 80 games by Major League Baseball for violation of the league’s performance enhancing drug policy.
That means he will miss the rest of 2022, be ineligible for the postseason and miss the first 32 games of 2023.
Tatis said in a statement the positive result for the banned substance Clostebol stemmed from a medication he took to treat ringworm. In the lengthy statement, he apologized to Padres Chairman Peter Seidler, President of Baseball Operations A.J. Preller, his teammates and fans and said he was “devastated” to not be playing.
“That’s his story,” Preller said Friday night, speaking in a tunnel outside the visitors’ clubhouse during the Padres’ game against the Nationals. “I haven’t had a chance to talk to him about it yet. But ultimately, that’s his explanation. I think the biggest thing … is there is a drug policy in place. He failed the drug screen and, ultimately, he’s suspended and he can’t play. That’s the biggest thing. It’s the player’s responsibility to make sure that he’s in compliance. He wasn’t.”

ADVERTISING

Tatis, who became one of the biggest stars in the sport almost as soon as he debuted in 2019, is in the second year of a 14-year, $340 million contract. His salary is $5 million this year and $7 million in 2023.
Preller, who was highly supportive of Tatis when it was announced he would undergo surgery in March to repair a wrist fracture suffered in an offseason motorcycle accident, was clearly less so Friday.
“It’s very disappointing,” Preller said. “He’s somebody that from the organization’s standpoint we’ve invested time and money into. When he’s on the field, he’s a difference maker. You have to learn from the situations. We were hoping that from the offseason to now that there would be some maturity, and obviously with the news today, it’s more of a pattern and it’s something that we’ve got to dig a bit more into. ... I’m sure he’s very disappointed. But at the end of the day, it’s one thing to say it. You’ve got to start showing by your actions.”

When Tatis was injured in the offseason, multiple team sources said the Padres were not going to take advantage of any clauses in his contract to recoup money. The decision was based on a desire to maintain good relations with a player they consider a cornerstone of the franchise over the next decade-plus.
Preller said Friday the organization would “revisit” some of the details from Tatis’ offseason.
“We’ll start digging into the shoulder and wrist; we’ll look a little bit more into that now, because we’ll have some more time to have some conversations there,” Preller said. “I think what we need to get to is a point in time where we trust. Over the course of the last six or seven months, I think that’s been something that we haven’t really been able to have there.
“From our standpoint, obviously he’s a great talent, he’s a guy we have a lot of history with and do believe in. But these things only work when there’s trust both ways. I think that’s going to be something that we’re going to have plenty of conversation and time to talk to Fernando about. That’s something that clearly, if we’re going to have a partnership and a real relationship, we’re going to have to make sure that that’s strong.”
Teammates were still digesting the news after the Padres’ 10-5 victory. Their reactions were mixed.
“Very disappointed,” pitcher Mike Clevinger said. “The second time we’ve been disappointed with him. You hope he grows up and learns from this and learns it’s about more than just him.”
Manny Machado and others made the point that the Padres had played without Tatis all season and expected to continue “to try to make a World Series and try to bring a championship to San Diego.”
Juan Soto struck a forgiving tone.
“We all are humans and we make errors,” Soto said. “We’re not perfect. … We’ve just got to move forward.”
Preller said he received a call from one of Tatis’ representatives shortly before 4 p.m. ET. Multiple team sources said no one with the club had an inkling of Tatis’ failed test until then.
The joint drug program agreement between the league and its players’ union prohibits MLB from informing clubs of a suspension until the player accepts the suspension without an appeal or his grievance has been denied.
Tatis decided to accept the suspension Friday. His mom posted a photo on Instagram that appeared to show a rash on what appeared to be her son’s neck.
He was scheduled to play center field in his fifth rehab game with Double-A San Antonio. He instead took a flight to San Diego.
“We were surprised and extremely disappointed to learn today that Fernando Tatis Jr. tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Prevention and Treatment Program and subsequently received an 80-game suspension without pay,” the Padres said in a statement. “We fully support the Program and are hopeful that Fernando will learn from this experience.”
Tatis led the National League with 42 home runs in 2021 and is among the league’s most exciting players. Last June, he became the fastest player in history to reach 50 career home runs and 50 career stolen bases. But he has played in just 273 of the Padres’ 498 games since his debut on opening day in 2019.
Preller told players about the suspension in a team meeting shortly before they took the field for Friday night’s game. Manager Bob Melvin spoke after Preller.
“I think the message from really everybody was we have a good team, we have a good group,” Preller said. “And the goal is to win a World Series. We haven’t had Tati for this season. So, it’s not like we’ve had him in the lineup and now we won’t. I think to a man, all the guys in the clubhouse believe we can win; they know we can win. It’s never been about one player. I think the sentiment coming from Bob and coming from all the players was this really doesn’t change what are what we’re looking to accomplish.”
The suspension was announced by MLB a couple minutes before the game began.
The game’s second batter was Soto, who received a long standing ovation and acknowledged the crowd before his at-bat.
Soto and first baseman Josh Bell were acquired at the trade deadline last week, and the Padres had looked to the return of Tatis to further enhance their lineup. However, Preller reiterated Friday night the team dealt with the idea it was possible Tatis didn’t play again this season or perform as hoped.
“That was part of our conversation at the deadline was ‘Yeah, we’d like to have all these players play together and have a full complement of guys with Tatis in there,’” Preller said. “But even looking at the deals, part of the (conversation) for us was you don’t know … because of the health component with Tatis. It was, ‘Yeah, if Tatis comes back, maybe this offense picks up without all those deals, but we weren’t counting on that.’ So I think now looking back on it, it’s probably more important the deals that went down.”
Tatis will also not be eligible to play for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic next spring.
His statement read:
“I have been informed by Major League Baseball that a test sample I submitted returned a positive result for Clostebol, a banned substance. It turns out that I inadvertently took a medication to treat ringworm that contained Clostebol. I should have used the resources available to me in order to ensure that no banned substances were in what I took. I failed to do so. I want to apologize to Peter (Seidler, the Padres’ chairman) AJ (Preller, the Padres’ President of Baseball Operation), the entire Padres organization, my teammates, Major League Baseball, and fans everywhere for my mistake. I have no excuse for my error, and I would never do anything to cheat or disrespect this game I love. I have taken countless drug tests throughout my professional career, including on March 29, 2022, all of which have returned negative results until this test. I am completely devastated. There is nowhere else in the world I would rather be than on the field competing with my teammates. After initially appealing the suspension, I have realized that my mistake was the cause of this result, and for that reason I have decided to start serving my suspension immediately. I look forward to rejoining my teammates on the field in 2023.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fernando Tatis Jr. Apologizes to Padres for 80-Game Drug Suspension: Fans Irate
by Editor2 days ago
Share this:
Print
A glum Fernando Tatis Jr. in the dugout during a 2021 road game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. (Photo by John Cordes/Icon Sportswire)
Major League Baseball suspended Padres star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. for 80 games Friday for violating Major League Baseball’s joint drug agreement, sparking dismay among team executives, teammates and fans alike.
Said one fan on Twitter: “Tatis better come back and win MVP next season.”
A statement from the Padres read: “We were surprised and extremely disappointed to learn today that Fernando Tatis Jr. tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Prevention and Treatment Program and subsequently received an 80-game suspension without pay.”
The team added that “we fully support the program and are hopeful that Fernando will learn from this experience.”
Tatis, 23, tested positive for the performance-enhancing drug Clostebol, coming just days after he played four games in Double-A ball on rehab assignment. Though he has missed all of the 2022 season thus far, he had been set to rejoin the Padres soon, as manager Bob Melvin had estimated a mid-August timeframe for Tatis to play.

Tatis, a 2021 All-Star, signed a 14-year, $340 million contract extension with the Padres last year.
Tatis, in a statement issued by the MLB Players Association, said he was “completely devastated” by the suspension. He called his use of the PED a mistake — he explained that he inadvertently used a drug for ringworm that contained Clostebol. He also said he has passed all his other drug tests during his short career.
He added that he had opted to appeal the suspension, but wanted to own up to his mistake. He said he should have “used the resources available to me” to determine if the drug he planned to use had any banned substances in it.
“I have no excuse for my error and I would never do anything to cheat or disrespect this game that I love,” he said, while apologizing to team owner Peter Seidler, executive A.J. Preller, the Padres organization, his teammates and fans.

By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with Times of San Diego to receive a free newsletter with the latest local news delivered at 8 a.m. daily. You can opt out at any time via an unsubscribe link.
He missed the first half of this season with a fractured wrist stemming from a motorcycle accident in the offseason. The suspension will run through the rest of the 2022 season – there are about 40 games remaining in the regular season, then the postseason – and into next year.

Despite Tatis’ apology, Preller expressed frustration Friday on a day when all eyes should have been focused on new Padre Juan Soto’s first trip back to Washington D.C. following the Padres’ big trade with the Nationals.
He acknowledged that Tatis is “a great talent” and “a guy that we have a lot of history with and do believe in,” but also conceded that trust has become an issue.
“These things only work when there’s trust both ways,” said Preller from Washington, where he’s traveling with the team. “And I think that’s going to be something that we have plenty of conversation and time to talk to Fernando about and that’s something that clearly if we’re going to have a partnership and a real relationship, we’ve got to make sure that’s that’s strong.”
Teammate Mike Clevinger was blunt in saying he hopes that Tatis “grows up and learns from this and learns that it’s about more than just him right now.”
The Padres, despite the unsettling news, won Friday 10-5.

Tatis has established himself in just three years in the league as a charismatic talent, but he has missed numerous games due to injuries, including to his back and shoulder. He has hit .292 in his career, with 81 home runs and 195 RBIs.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Braves a half game behind Yankees for the 4th best record in the mlb.. hehehe all them Yankees fans that were talking shit when yanks had the best record and the braves were under 500 are eating crow right now..I told them wait till later in the season and watch the yanks decline and the braves get better.. and now we are here hehehe

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Pittsburgh Pirates' Rodolfo Castro suspended one game for having cellphone in pocket

Pittsburgh Pirates infielder Rodolfo Castro was suspended for one game and fined by Major League Baseball on Tuesday after a cell phone flew out of his pocket mid-slide during an Aug. 9 game, prompting an investigation that cleared him of further wrongdoing, sources told ESPN.
Castro, a 23-year-old rookie, received the suspension -- which he is appealing -- for violating the league's policy against bringing unapproved electronic devices onto the field. MLB examined the activity on Castro's phone and found no evidence that it had been used during the game before the incident, sources told ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT

That distinction, sources said, was important. Multiple executives expressed fear that if MLB did not come down with a severe punishment on Castro, it would not be doing enough to discourage players from using cell phones to receive signals during the game. The postgame forensic analysis on Castro's phone illustrated how MLB plans to approach violations of a policy that was in place before the Houston Astros' cheating scandal but now carries far more resonance.
The Pirates' Rodolfo Castro is appealing his one-game suspension for having a cellphone in his pocket during a game, which violates MLB's electronic device policy. Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Following the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks during which Castro's phone popped out of his pants during a head-first slide into third, he told reporters that it was a mishap, not something more nefarious.
"I just really want MLB to hear my version of the story and make sure they understand my heart behind everything," Castro said through an interpreter before the Pirates' game Tuesday night against the Boston Red Sox. "None of this was intentional, I didn't mean for any of this to happen."
Castro said he put an oven mitt-like sliding glove in his pocket and forgot about the phone. Now in his second season with Pittsburgh, Castro is hitting .239/.300/.402. During his debut in 2021, Castro set a major league record when his first five big league hits -- spread out over six games -- were all home runs.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
So you can't knock the catcher's head off when he blocking the plate? When they change that?