Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Who here has reached DayTrader Status ($25k plus) on TD Ameritrade? What was your road to get there and what strategies did you implement once you started day trading. How many of you have quit your day job? How many of you only trade full time?

I started investing through a friend who is not a member of this board in mid August of this year. I opened a margins account on TD with 4k, I'm currently @ 15k. I see the potential to make good money doing this. I currently run my own business so I try to be near a computer between 7am-11:30am. I love what I do so I do not plan on giving up my business. The information here is worth its weight in gold thank you @Tito_Jackson for opening this dialogue. I would like to know what levels other people are just to be motivated or motivate someone else to keep trading. It's great that we are all doing this, but knowing how people got to where they are is how I learn.
I day trade, but I wouldn't say I am full time. I do it to supplement, not as a my main. I have learned a great deal from the board and YouTube. I started when Tito made his thread. Lots of mistakes, but I feel like I've found my lane and I'm addicted. I just wish I was doing this 10 years ago.

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo man!! I just want to say thank you to the contributions in this post. As I sit here after the Tyson fight, one of the things me and my best friend of 37 years now was talking about was the fact that no one ever taught us shit about stocks and finance growing up.

I appreciate you all sharing your knowledge with me and with the board. Each one teach one. I have started teaching my son's about stocks (I have not exposed them to BGOL quite yet) LMAO!!

mad_bomber

BGOL Billionaire
BGOL Investor
Yo man!! I just want to say thank you to the contributions in this post. As I sit here after the Tyson fight, one of the things me and my best friend of 37 years now was talking about was the fact that no one ever taught us shit about stocks and finance growing up.

I appreciate you all sharing your knowledge with me and with the board. Each one teach one. I have started teaching my son's about stocks (I have not exposed them to BGOL quite yet) LMAO!!

Teach your sons to dollar cost average into index funds like VTSAX (etf - VTI) over their lifetime through Roth IRAs and 401K plans. You and them will thank me in 40 years.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for that pointer, I need to be told to pump my brakes at times.
Oh, it is nothing wrong with being ambitious, brotha. Just learn from the mistakes of others. The reason I say $100k is for risk management reasons. That the is #1 key to success. I can talk more about it if you have specific questions but you want to make sure you solidify your base and then come up with a plan to generate capital gains for the trading portion of your account(s) to keep growing the base, foundation stocks.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's get after it tomorrow fellas! I am looking at my charts for my plays now. Going to be monitoring my positions in $NIO, $PLTR and $PLUG. $NIO delivery numbers should hit sometime this week so if there is a dip before then I will try to sell a few more PUT spreads at $48/$47 strike prices for Dec. 18th to take in more premium. I think $PLTR should continue going up after short seller tweet nonsense dies down but want to see how it holds if there is more selling pressure tomorrow. I am in both of those deep and my risk is somewhat capped so I don't want to add much if any to those positions. I want to see $PLUG stay at or above $26.50 ish. Looking to buy a couple more call spreads for Jan 15th expiry at $26/$27 strikes. I took some profits and looking to get back in. If I can't get $PLUG for the price I want I may sell a couple of Put spread contracts at $25/$24 strike.

New Plays - Looking at $FCX, $KNDI and $SPWR to start new positions. Will look to do 2 out of the 3 if possible. Both $FCX & $SPWR are on strong uptrends and hitting new 52 week highs. $KNDI dipped on China EV dump but recovered well at just under $14. IV is insanely high so may look to sell a couple put spreads at $13 or below rather than buy call spreads.

Lastly, looking to pick up some $JNJ shares as the equity to back up my new trading account I'm setting up for January which will be exclusively options.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I believe there is a senate hearing sometime next week. On removing the federal ban on cannabis. Would this be a good time to buy some call options on some of the top weed stocks? Thx
Yea, though they kinda popped end of day Friday. I had puts on $ACB and it ran up over $2. May have missed the majority of the move on anticipated news.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
NKLA Volume: 61.75M :bike::scared:
General Motors Co. will no longer take an equity stake in electric-truck maker Nikola Corp. under a stripped-down agreement revealed Monday by the two companies.
GM still intends to provide Nikola with fuel-cell technology but the Detroit auto maker has scrapped plans to build an electric pickup truck named the Badger for the Phoenix -based startup -- a key part of an earlier agreement outlined in September.

I wonder where it goes from here.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Let me ask you all since this is the place:

I have about $10K in a Charles Schwab account and wanted to know what are the best ETFs to place it in. I was going to use the robo advisor or portfolio feature but wanted to be sure. they usually recommend their own ETFs but I see there are Vanguard and others available. I'm looking at something that tracks the S*P and won't need to touch it for about 10 years. Any recommendations?

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I have about $10K in a Charles Schwab account and wanted to know what are the best ETFs to place it in. I was going to use the robo advisor or portfolio feature but wanted to be sure. they usually recommend their own ETFs but I see there are Vanguard and others available. I'm looking at something that tracks the S*P and won't need to touch it for about 10 years. Any recommendations?

most would just advice you to buy vtsax

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor

since we now know for sure that electric vehicles are the future why don't you look for an ETF that is specialized in EVs? HAIL, DRIV, come to mind. i dont own them but i have been watching them for a while now

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I have a Schwab account for my kid as well as my trading. Their broad market fund is solid and mirrors the entire US market rather than just the S&P. It’s done well for me but if I were looking for just S&P 500 indexes then I would go with $VOO ETF from Vanguard but depending on your price point you can get the S&P plus small cap exposure with total market funds like $VTI, $VTSAX, or $SCHB for lower cost and similar growth rates.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I have a Schwab account for my kid as well as my trading. Their broad market fund is solid and mirrors the entire US market rather than just the S&P. It’s done well for me but if I were looking for just S&P 500 indexes then I would go with $VOO ETF from Vanguard but depending on your price point you can get the S&P plus small cap exposure with total market funds like $VTI, $VTSAX, or $SCHB for lower cost and similar growth rates.

Good looking out.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

As far as Total Market or S&P 500 trackers, every brokerage seems to have their own fund, like you said...I'm not sure how much it really matters which one you go with as long as it tracks the index that you're interested in. Unless the expense ratio for the Schwab fund is lower or higher than say Vanguard's.

I've actually been thinking about the same, trying to start a portfolio for a family member. Based on my limited experience, I would feel really comfortable and confident in one of these two arrangements for long term:

Option #1

S&P 500 Fund (Like VOO)
International Fund (like VXUS)
One of the ARK Funds (ARKK / ARKF / ARKW / or ARKQ)

or

Option #2

Total Market Fund (like VTI)
Real Estate or Dividend Fund (like VNQ or VYM or VIG)

I think the first option would hit more growth and be better if your younger, the 2nd would be a bit safer and supply more income/ and dividends.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
As far as Total Market or S&P 500 trackers, every brokerage seems to have their own fund, like you said...I'm not sure how much it really matters which one you go with as long as it tracks the index that you're interested in. Unless the expense ratio for the Schwab fund is lower or higher than say Vanguard's.

I've actually been thinking about the same, trying to start a portfolio for a family member. Based on my limited experience, I would feel really comfortable and confident in one of these two arrangements this for long term:

Option #1

S&P 500 Fund (Like VOO)
One of the ARK Funds (ARKK / ARKF / ARKW / or ARKQ)

or

Option #2

Total Market Fund (like VTI)
Real Estate or Dividend Fund (like VNQ or VYM or VIG)

I think the first option would hit more growth and be better if your younger, the 2nd would be a bit safer and supply more income/ and dividends.

Thanks for your reply.
Schwab's expense ratio is somewhere around .04%. I see a few Vanguard funds as low as .03% but I'm comfortable with that.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Yup. At first I was a little confused about the Total Market Funds because they aren't sexy. I was surprised to find out that one of my exes that Im still cool with and who works in Finance invests all of her IRA money into VTI exclusively. The thing that is attractive is that since it tracks the ENTIRE market you're also exposed to the mid and small cap growth that a lot of people underestimate. Especially for the LONG game.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup. At first I was a little confused about the Total Market Funds because they aren't sexy. I was surprised to find out that one of my exes that Im still cool with and who works in Finance invests all of her IRA money into VTI exclusively. The thing that is attractive is that since it tracks the ENTIRE market you're also exposed to the mid and small cap growth that a lot of people underestimate. Especially for the LONG game.
Yup, I was looking to switch to VOO but when you look at the returns on VTI its very similar. Both are weighted so they still are heavily driven by the top s&p performers like AAPL. Only difference is if some of these smaller mid caps or disruptive tech companies go on a run you might miss out on it if they aren't in the s&p. VTI is also half the price of VOO so I was cool with that. Think about Tesla or NIO (for total international market funds) for example. Tesla just getting into the s&p and over $600 a share. Holding S&P you wouldn't have exposure until end of the year. Missed a lot of gains there.

Last edited:

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who here has reached DayTrader Status ($25k plus) on TD Ameritrade? What was your road to get there and what strategies did you implement once you started day trading. How many of you have quit your day job? How many of you only trade full time?

I started investing through a friend who is not a member of this board in mid August of this year. I opened a margins account on TD with 4k, I'm currently @ 15k. I see the potential to make good money doing this. I currently run my own business so I try to be near a computer between 7am-11:30am. I love what I do so I do not plan on giving up my business. The information here is worth its weight in gold thank you @Tito_Jackson for opening this dialogue. I would like to know what levels other people are just to be motivated or motivate someone else to keep trading. It's great that we are all doing this, but knowing how people got to where they are is how I learn.
I have 50k in my td ameritrade. I dont day trade though i just hold long positions. I gor in on sirius xm at .05 i have 7k shares i have made over 30k on that one stock. I coulda made more if i had sold the stock and bought back on the dips. It dipped severantimes over the yrs between $7.50-$5
A win is a win tho

what kind of business do you own?

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Woke up to NKLA shitting the bed and AAPL taking off. Had AAPL calls and NKLA puts that I couldnt close friday. I'm literally out here looking at my stocks like my nigga Antonio :D

Coulda held one more day!!! But profit is profit. Never be too greedy :dunno: