Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
Is PFE going to make a run!? I swear with all the buzz it’s getting globally you’d think this hoe would be high as giraffe ass
from the point of view of a pharmacist who will be immunizing people shortly, and just simply from a practical stand point, the pfizer vaccine with its ultra cold way of storage doesn't make it a good investment. i would fuck with moderna instead

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
House passed the Bill on China stocks. NIO down a bit AH so be mindful in the AM. I think its pretty much priced in now after today but you never know.

Since u said something i went to marketwatch...well might just be more buying opportunity...thankz for the update

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
House passed the Bill on China stocks. NIO down a bit AH so be mindful in the AM. I think its pretty much priced in now after today but you never know.

Thanks for the update. So what does this mean for shareholders right now? I see that Rump still has to sign the bill, but once that's done is it on the individual companies to divulge the financials or be de-listed or is the de-listing automatic no matter what?

I'm building a position and holding a few call options for $CHU. Also wondering how the fund managers (Vanguard, ARK etc) are going to handle their holdings of $BABA and the big boys. What a shit show.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for the update. So what does this mean for shareholders right now? I see that Rump still has to sign the bill, but once that's done is it on the individual companies to divulge the financials or be de-listed or is the de-listing automatic no matter what?

I'm building a position and holding a few call options for $CHU. Also wondering how the fund managers (Vanguard, ARK etc) are going to handle their holdings of $BABA and the big boys. What a shit show.
Nothing is really gonna happen right away. Companies not in compliance have 3 years to get right before delisting is even a real threat. Plus, the SEC will have to figure out how to write up and enforce the new rules. The bill just says foreign companies have to have at least 2/3 of their company audit done by a financial firm registered with PCAOB. More than anything I think its something Biden uses as a negotiation tactic before it truly gets enforced. I don't think China will respond immediately but if negotiations don't go well with Biden administration they could retaliate against American companies.

The news will still keep hitting China stocks for the rest of the week and I am not sure how that impacts the stock prices. We've seen how much damage it can do on top of EV sell off. No analysts have downgraded on the news and they can spin it as a positive since its added financial scrutiny. If NIO and major companies drop some PR that they are already compliant or willing to adjust that would really help. Most of the major names are likely already in compliance or can easily do so.

I have a bucket of $NIO calls expiring on Dec. 18th. I'm trying to hold out and take my profit. I will probably play smaller NIO positions going forward til things clear up on how this will get applied.

Uncle John

Rising Star
Registered
We just saw something crazy with $JMIA over last two days.

people have various theories but I do believe smart money snatched $ off the table.

I think it’s gonna continue upward.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Nothing is really gonna happen right away. Companies not in compliance have 3 years to get right before delisting is even a real threat. Plus, the SEC will have to figure out how to write up and enforce the new rules. The bill just says foreign companies have to have at least 2/3 of their company audit done by a financial firm registered with PCAOB. More than anything I think its something Biden uses as a negotiation tactic before it truly gets enforced. I don't think China will respond immediately but if negotiations don't go well with Biden administration they could retaliate against American companies.

The news will still keep hitting China stocks for the rest of the week and I am not sure how that impacts the stock prices. We've seen how much damage it can do on top of EV sell off. No analysts have downgraded on the news and they can spin it as a positive since its added financial scrutiny. If NIO and major companies drop some PR that they are already compliant or willing to adjust that would really help. Most of the major names are likely already in compliance or can easily do so.

I have a bucket of $NIO calls expiring on Dec. 18th. I'm trying to hold out and take my profit. I will probably play smaller NIO positions going forward til things clear up on how this will get applied.

Thanks for the rundown man. Ima do like you and proceed with caution.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
We just saw something crazy with $JMIA over last two days.

people have various theories but I do believe smart money snatched $ off the table.

I think it’s gonna continue upward.

Been watching from afar.
Wanna dip my toes in, but it just keeps running up. Should have caught the drop from yesterday.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NIO and XPEV use Price Waterhouse for auditing, so they should be fine.
True indeed although it’s more of a China thing than a company issue. The PWC team those two use is the China branch and they don’t allow PWC main to audit them according to the rules that just passed today. The US want a non Chinese auditor to come in. China don’t want nobody looking at they books but them and have a ban on foreign auditors coming in.

So if NIO was to comply with US rules they violate domestic law and vice versa. So the US and China have to compromise somewhere in between because the China’s law and the US law that just passed are in opposition.

Last edited:

Uncle John

Rising Star
Registered
True indeed although it’s more of a China thing than a company issue. The PWC team those two use is the China branch and they don’t allow PWC main to audit them according to the rules that just passed today. The US want a non Chinese auditor to come in. China don’t want nobody looking at they books but them and have a ban on foreign auditors coming in.

So if NIO was to comply with US rules they violate domestic law and vice versa. So the US and China have to compromise somewhere in between because the China’s law and the US law that just passed are in opposition.

Stay ready!!!!

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
SPACs seem to be all the rage (sell after merger?). I was browsing r/options and the following were talked about. Thought I'd ask BGOL about these: $HCAC, $GMHI, $PSTH, $LGVW

$HCAC - EV company Canoo
$GMHI - Lidar tech company Luminar
$PSTH - don't know a ton about this one. Folks are saying it's a long play but intriguing...?
$LGVW - whole-body hand-held ultrasound device that can connect to phone/tablet, Butterfly Network...?

Made a quick play on $GMHI/$LAZR not too long ago at 16.50. It's almost $22 pre-market. The SPAC bump strikes again.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
from the point of view of a pharmacist who will be immunizing people shortly, and just simply from a practical stand point, the pfizer vaccine with its ultra cold way of storage doesn't make it a good investment. i would fuck with moderna instead
Understood

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
$LAZR, made today worthwhile. Doubled my $4k.

Any options strategies I should look out for on a Friday? $ZM fell of a cliff after earnings on 12/1... Looking for that bounce back.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
Long plays:

$LIZI with the win for today... $EVK as well but looks to be bearish and ready to reverse course and short.

penny stock with potential to explode - $CBDD
I made $600 this morning in 40 mins an cashed out. Glad I did cause it dropped a lot since then. Learned my lesson from earlier in the week.