Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
For the investors on here, anyone of yall scooping up stocks heavily this year? taking advantage of the bull session or you're being cautious this year?
i made just about $10,000 last year and then got greedy at the very end and lost $3000 to wrap up the year on a profit of about 7k and change. i was daytrading for the most part and i'm doing same this year. my stock of choice was been primarily RAD (riteaid). yesterday it was up 13% at one point and then dropped slightly. on the move again today.
I was lamenting a couple of weeks ago about how i could have made half a million last year if i had had the foresight on RAD. i was sitting on a $75,000 line of credit and had about $25,000 in the bank. Could have bet it all on RAD. it would have been worth $500,000 by December of last year. but it's water under the bridge now.
so, what's the deal with the investors on here? what are you buying and how are you playing the market in general this year?

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
waiting for alibaba ipo to see if it lives up to the hype but wouldnt be surprised if it behaved like the other new ipos. currently most of my money is in sigma labs. wished i had followed someones recommendation about plug last year or the year before.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Just dropped 14k into ECOB,the stock is under a penny, just got picked up by home depot in 100+ stores. They manufacture a wood that is mold, termite and fire resistant. I am looking to get paid off on this one.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
waiting for alibaba ipo to see if it lives up to the hype but wouldnt be surprised if it behaved like the other new ipos. currently most of my money is in sigma labs. wished i had followed someones recommendation about plug last year or the year before.

Gonna have to look that up

Just dropped 14k into ECOB,the stock is under a penny, just got picked up by home depot in 100+ stores. They manufacture a wood that is mold, termite and fire resistant. I am looking to get paid off on this one.

maan, you a brave motherfucker. i do not do penny stocks

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
another thing i am looking into is "ground leasing investing" reading up on it now. i need to slow down yall. i'm like researching so many things as far as what to put my money into right now, it's ridiculous. caught the bug after i returned from Africa and came back to all the snow on the ground in philly. i was like, maaan, i can't do this shit anymore maaan. i gotta find me something that will generate me some passive income so i can go back and forth to the motherland. 6 months here, to check on my investments, 6 months over there, just to chill. that's my mindset right now.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster

Normally I don't do penny stock either. After talking with some people that trade heavy and a lot of research I figured fuck it I really can't lose unless the company goes bankrupt. Upside is the building season is just getting started and I live on the east coast where people are still recovering from sandy. I know a few contractors and they absolutely love the product and recommend it. It the stock goes to a penny by the end of the year I doubled my money. We shall see what happens, but I am optimistic.

Peepin glutes, and knockin boots !

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
How much did you put in my super rich friend
For the investors on here, anyone of yall scooping up stocks heavily this year? taking advantage of the bull session or you're being cautious this year?
i made just about $10,000 last year and then got greedy at the very end and lost $3000 to wrap up the year on a profit of about 7k and change. i was daytrading for the most part and i'm doing same this year. my stock of choice was been primarily RAD (riteaid). yesterday it was up 13% at one point and then dropped slightly. on the move again today.
I was lamenting a couple of weeks ago about how i could have made half a million last year if i had had the foresight on RAD. i was sitting on a $75,000 line of credit and had about $25,000 in the bank. Could have bet it all on RAD. it would have been worth $500,000 by December of last year. but it's water under the bridge now.
so, what's the deal with the investors on here? what are you buying and how are you playing the market in general this year?

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
How much did you put in my super rich friend

i am not super rich. i'm trying to be. but anyways, to answer your question, i had about $18,000 in my portfolio by the beginning of the year. was up to $25,000 by year's end.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
Normally I don't do penny stock either. After talking with some people that trade heavy and a lot of research I figured fuck it I really can't lose unless the company goes bankrupt. Upside is the building season is just getting started and I live on the east coast where people are still recovering from sandy. I know a few contractors and they absolutely love the product and recommend it. It the stock goes to a penny by the end of the year I doubled my money. We shall see what happens, but I am optimistic.

gonna have to look it up. when i first saw the ticker, i thought it was for ECOBANK in africa. :lol::lol:

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
gonna have to look it up. when i first saw the ticker, i thought it was for ECOBANK in africa. :lol::lol:

Up over 14% today. But these BGOL stock picks can go either way. I still don't know why a company can even be publicly traded when their stock is worth less than a penny.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

interesting..

Currently looking into Aluminum companies, apparently the auto industry, airplane manufacturers and transit companies are looking to use more aluminum for products..

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Up over 14% today. But these BGOL stock picks can go either way. I still don't know why a company can even be publicly traded when their stock is worth less than a penny.

I am in at an average of .0051 so I made abouut $800 today, I am in no way a person to give advice on stocks but under the advice of others that have been fairly successfull I pass this tip on to BGOL.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am in at an average of .0051 so I made abouut $800 today, I am in no way a person to give advice on stocks but under the advice of others that have been fairly successfull I pass this tip on to BGOL.

There was a dude in another stock thread advocating cannavest(CANV) back in February. It had been as high as $140 and dude said it was at $5 a year earlier but I got in at 73. After a few days I got out at 69. It's trading at 18.50 now.:smh: But if you get anymore tips please pass them along.

daman200

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why not stick with the Blue chip stuff you buy everyday

Comcast, Verizion people love cable

Delta, Southwest people love to travel

Microsoft people love tech and Xboxes

Buy and Hold less chance of losing money

I did buy fannie mae and freddie mac at 52 cents now those share are worth 4.01 and got as high as 6 bucks earlier this year

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Just been focusing on medium risk mutual funds for the past 10 - 12+ years. Didn't suffer too bad during the economic downturn, and it's picked up (portfolio) quite well in recent years. Basically RRSP (registered retirement savings portfolio) savings over the next 30 years leading to retirement. The Canadian equivalent of 401k plan, etc.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
Buy and hold is a good strategy for retirement planning but most people want to make money now. People trying to double and triple their money in a short period of time aren't trying to play it safe. No risk no reward.

Why not stick with the Blue chip stuff you buy everyday

Comcast, Verizion people love cable

Delta, Southwest people love to travel

Microsoft people love tech and Xboxes

Buy and Hold less chance of losing money

I did buy fannie mae and freddie mac at 52 cents now those share are worth 4.01 and got as high as 6 bucks earlier this year

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
There was a dude in another stock thread advocating cannavest(CANV) back in February. It had been as high as $140 and dude said it was at $5 a year earlier but I got in at 73. After a few days I got out at 69. It's trading at 18.50 now.:smh: But if you get anymore tips please pass them along.

I own trtc, Terra tech and have got murdered on it this past week. Bought at average of .81 and it closed today at .66, I also about 3k shares of phot, grow life and they halted trading on it on Friday. I already know as soon as the sec let's it trade again at the end of the month it is gonna drop hard. I am not a big fan of the pot stocks but, I think if all goes well after the sec investigation, and the stock drops I am going to get some more. I do like canv one of my coworkers got paid off for about 40k with that stock,
I did read they filed non reliance on they're quarterly reports. I don't know how I feel about the pot stocks as of yet, especially when there is no major companies to buy them out.

Powerforwardofthesquad

Rising Star
Registered
I'm getting back into some investing.
Looking at mutual funds from Vanguard to start and maybe a few stocks.

Honestly though, I'm looking for short term (i.e. a couple of years) revenue, not necessarily for retirement which is ~ 20 years away.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
when yoo mullafuckis on bgol stot tawkin bouts investins, that means that the mocket is bouts to crash! :D:smh::hmm::dance::rolleyes:

kinda funny but true. this week is going to be horrible and will continue to the fall. :smh:

you mothafuckers better buy bonds

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
i am not super rich. i'm trying to be. but anyways, to answer your question, i had about $18,000 in my portfolio by the beginning of the year. was up to $25,000 by year's end.

so you were basically bullshitting when you said you made 10 stacks. got ya.

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nah sold most of my long holdings (BAC,C,FNMA,FLR) earlier this year for a nice profit and converted into vanguard ETF funds (90/10 allocation)

played around with marijuana stocks (PHOT,GRNH) with a few hundred and was pissed I didnt put more in when they went up 300 - 400%. scared money dont make no money huh?

going to look into option trading.

johniz

Rising Star
Registered
U.S. Geothermal Inc. (HTM)
-NYSE MKT Follow

0.78 0.01(1.30%) 4:00PM EDT

This has made my money back and then some...search for it..I posted it possibly a year ago on the stock thrread...this has PLUG potential though they need a big find/discovery and to partner with an established company...then it may hit the $4-5 mark

I need it too because the past 2 weeks I've lost $700...and counting

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep, just got finished pricing out a pre amp and a shotgun mic for my voice business.

I will be moving my personal investment from reverse osmosis water to alkaline water, transferring my investment from domestic tea to Japanese green tea, and de-investing in meat so that my body is purer and my voice evokes more range.

This will allow me to deliver higher quality reads and in turn demand higher rates as a voice talent.

Next, I am investing in agriculture via broccoli, greens, and kale so that I can control costs when it comes to my expenses per month.

Outside of investing in myself, I am investing time, sweat equity, and a handful of capital into lye, essential oils, herbs, and equipment so that my mate can begin to make our grocery list shorter by creating all things that clean the body, clothes, and the home...at the house AND AT THE SAME TIME, flipping these products out to a very warm client list.

For the record, I actively managed my 401K starting with my first job in corporate America AND I invested HEAVILY in penny stocks in 2004 and 2005 and was quite successful, but I am not cut out for investments that I cannot directly control. I am not cut out for that type of stress.

another thing i am looking into is "ground leasing investing" reading up on it now. i need to slow down yall. i'm like researching so many things as far as what to put my money into right now, it's ridiculous. caught the bug after i returned from Africa and came back to all the snow on the ground in philly. i was like, maaan, i can't do this shit anymore maaan. i gotta find me something that will generate me some passive income so i can go back and forth to the motherland. 6 months here, to check on my investments, 6 months over there, just to chill. that's my mindset right now.
Man, I am with you on getting an opportunity to make my FIRST trip to Africa next year.

Have you ever considered investing in a passive business outside of a publicly traded firm?

Fam, you did not read the OP's original post thoroughly.

He laid the math right out for you.:dunno:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
U.S. Geothermal Inc. (HTM)
-NYSE MKT Follow

0.78 0.01(1.30%) 4:00PM EDT

This has made my money back and then some...search for it..I posted it possibly a year ago on the stock thrread...this has PLUG potential though they need a big find/discovery and to partner with an established company...then it may hit the $4-5 mark

I need it too because the past 2 weeks I've lost $700...and counting

i dont think they will reach 4/5 any time soon. they could hit 2 maybe 3 but it hit a just over 1 a few weeks ago before falling back so who knows. as far as the plug comparison i dont see it. fuel cells are being hyped like the 3d stocks and weed stocks which is part of the reason for the plus rise.

HTM seems like a long term investment that could have dividends one day because its a utility company. thats the main reason I hold on to my shares with them.

i thought about buying fb because of them buying occulas rift. people didnt seem to like fb buying them but if they stick with the gaming idea it could be a hit. the main problem i see is maybe sony/ms doing something to block usage or just the norm of people not really using add ons for gaming.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
nope. ain't got time to be making stuff up
409231432.jpg

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yep, just got finished pricing out a pre amp and a shotgun mic for my voice business.

I will be moving my personal investment from reverse osmosis water to alkaline water, transferring my investment from domestic tea to Japanese green tea, and de-investing in meat so that my body is purer and my voice evokes more range.

This will allow me to deliver higher quality reads and in turn demand higher rates as a voice talent.

Next, I am investing in agriculture via broccoli, greens, and kale so that I can control costs when it comes to my expenses per month.

Outside of investing in myself, I am investing time, sweat equity, and a handful of capital into lye, essential oils, herbs, and equipment so that my mate can begin to make our grocery list shorter by creating all things that clean the body, clothes, and the home...at the house AND AT THE SAME TIME, flipping these products out to a very warm client list.

For the record, I actively managed my 401K starting with my first job in corporate America AND I invested HEAVILY in penny stocks in 2004 and 2005 and was quite successful, but I am not cut out for investments that I cannot directly control. I am not cut out for that type of stress.

Man, I am with you on getting an opportunity to make my FIRST trip to Africa next year.

Have you ever considered investing in a passive business outside of a publicly traded firm?

Fam, you did not read the OP's original post thoroughly.

He laid the math right out for you.:dunno:

Yes i have. Just bought this mixed residential commercial property and fixing it up right now. gonna cost me about $55000 to bring it up to par. already got two tenants upstairs and when i'm done, gonna rent the bottom out for about $1500. I'm guessing that's what you mean by a passive business. A passive income, right?

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes i have. Just bought this mixed residential commercial property and fixing it up right now. gonna cost me about $55000 to bring it up to par. already got two tenants upstairs and when i'm done, gonna rent the bottom out for about $1500. I'm guessing that's what you mean by a passive business. A passive income, right?

rph, cheers, you get it!:yes:

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
409324369.jpg

this year might end up being better than last year. fingers crossed. and its only May. if i can keep this up, i should i am guessing make about 20 gs this year