Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) will be forward splitting their stocks on August 31, 2020. For every AAPL share held, shareholders will receive three additional shares, for a total of four post-split shares. For every TSLA share held, shareholders will receive four additional shares, for a total of five post-split shares. The gross cost basis of the stock will not change, but the split will affect the "per share" price of the stock on August 31, 2020.

Is it a good idea to buy some shares before the stock split??? anyone??

Efkie

International
International Member
Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) will be forward splitting their stocks on August 31, 2020. For every AAPL share held, shareholders will receive three additional shares, for a total of four post-split shares. For every TSLA share held, shareholders will receive four additional shares, for a total of five post-split shares. The gross cost basis of the stock will not change, but the split will affect the "per share" price of the stock on August 31, 2020.

Hard to say, but I think it would have been better if you owned the shares in June, July or better yet
in March when nobody wanted them. Easy to say ofcourse looking back.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sounds like to me it's best to just own some AAPL regardless. I believe i was reading somewhere how it previously spilt and the price per share kept going up. So for those with little and large accounts it's a win win! Small accounts can get in and large accounts can buy even more shares.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hard to say, but I think it would have been better if you owned the shares in June, July or better yet
in March when nobody wanted them. Easy to say ofcourse looking back.

I've been sitting on 11 shares for about 6 months now. Made some change but it's a long term hold for me

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam,

Has anyone ever done an averaging down strategy on a penny stock?

I'm thinking about dumping more funds into a loser i have specifically to get my shares per cost closer to it's dailymoving average.

The idea being as soon as it's even or a little green I sell the majority of my shares and get the hell out.

As oppose to selling now and taking a decent loss on the stock..

Thoughts?

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Any use the app Stocktwits? I’ve recently downloaded it and it seems to give a global look on shit
Yea I do. It’s got a great earnings calendar. Can’t really ride with most of what people say on there though. They real emotional but it’s not bad to get general sentiment on a stock and if some news leaks you’re likely to hear about it there first.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam,

Has anyone ever done an averaging down strategy on a penny stock?

I'm thinking about dumping more funds into a loser i have specifically to get my shares per cost closer to it's dailymoving average.

The idea being as soon as it's even or a little green I sell the majority of my shares and get the hell out.

As oppose to selling now and taking a decent loss on the stock..

Thoughts?
Average down if you believe in what you investing in and still feel like it’s a good deal. Otherwise you just throwing money away. Just my opinion.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Average down if you believe in what you investing in and still feel like it’s a good deal. Otherwise you just throwing money away. Just my opinion.

Thanks, I think i'm going to eat the loss. The more time i spend hoping and praying the more opportunities that pass me by.

Hell, in 2 days alone $NIO gains have approach 50% of the losses i will occur from cutting this penny stock.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
call options on airlines today!!!!!

Go big. Get in early. Don't be afraid to sell today and use one of your day trades. Not sure what tomorrow will look like, but today will be bananas.

Other stocks, not so much. Put options are the better bet today.

npcannon

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Go big. Get in early. Don't be afraid to sell today and use one of your day trades. Not sure what tomorrow will look like, but today will be bananas.

AIRLINES

BA
UAL
LUV
DAL
SAVE

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Who you got in mind?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
For everyone who missed NIO yesterday. Today is your day to jump in. A Call Option with a $20 strike exp Sep 25. Do it before it recovers. You wont see any profit today, but you will by next week.

EDIT: I would even consider waiting a little bit and seeing if you could grab a $19 strike while it is out of the money.

JaRonin

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And

Yep, and MSFT shot up. Tomorrow's play would be to grab a call order with $220 strike price with an Expiration in September.

Sell when you see your profit in a few hours or the next day. Do not hold this contract for too long.

This post right here made me a lot of money today. And options I got dont expire til September.

Cheers fam

npcannon

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This post right here made me a lot of money today. And options I got dont expire til September.

Cheers fam
WMT and MSFT are teaming up to attempt to purchase tiktok...Im still holding until next week.

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$NAK is one to watch... I got tipped and got 10 call options at $20 each and nearly doubled money this morning... expecting another spike this afternoon... would have dropped this sooner, but I'm still getting my feet under me with the options game. Thanks to all who share! I Appreciate You!

Efkie

International
International Member
Market behaves like a crazy bull
Sold the SPX Aug 28 3985/3990 putspread for 1,80
let's what tommorow happens

I also noticed a weird thing that 120, 90, 60 or 30 min before closing sometimes the SPX moves up a lot.
On Wednesday I saw call options going from 0,10 to 2,5 right before expiration
Ofcourse to anticipate and do this is the hard part

EDIT
sold the MES Sep 18'20 @GLOBEX future at 3484 to counter the loss on the put spread
BTW (micro futures) are exempt of the PDT rule so I sometimes use them to hedge

Last edited:

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered
Man, this Delta play is not going how I thought it would go. Hardly any movement while other airlines are still dropping.

However, the market is bananas today. Geesh! Everyone should be in the green. Call Options are through the roof!!

How about a call option on AAL ? There's no way American could crumble. Another stimulus package to the rescue. :superman1: