Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
lot of opportunities out here
perhaps someone can chime in on this one?

$INTC is all in on becoming a $TSM competitor. If they can right the ship in manufacturing, anything is possible. The question is how long will it take to catch up to $TSM (assuming they can)?

Best-worst case scenario: China invades Taiwan. $TSM pushes the self-destruct button on their Taiwanese factories. The only remaining leading-edge fabricators of scale become $INTC and Samsung. $NVDA, $AMD, $AAPL, $QCOM, et al all need a new silicon source.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Nvidia's manufacturing location for chips are primarily in Taiwan.

Exactly! Along with Apple, AMD, Qualcomm...even Intel for certain 'tiles'/chiplets. If TSMC goes down because of China, there's only so many other sources that can possibly build these advanced chips at these volumes. Intel's stock price would rocket regardless of whether or not they could service these companies.

I leave SMIC off as a top fabricator because it's a Chinese company. But the are currently #3 behind only TSMC and Samsung.

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Number of 401(k) Millionaires Hits New Record, Fidelity Says​

A strong stock market has helped boost the amount of seven-figure retirement accounts.​

Suzanne WoolleyMay 23, 2024 at 1:30 PM EDT
Photographer: Graeme Sloan/Bloomberg
The universe of 401(k) accounts with balances of $1 million or more at Fidelity Investments rose to a record 485,000 in the first quarter, according to the company.

With stocks surging, the number of retirement account millionaires jumped 15% from the prior quarter and 43% since March 2023. Average retirement account balances, meanwhile, hit their highest level since the end of 2021, rising to $125,900 for 401(k)s and $127,745 for IRAs.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Explainer: Where are Wall Street's analyst notes on Trump's Truth Social?

NEW YORK, April 25 (Reuters) - Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT.O), opens new tab is one of the most actively traded U.S. stocks, yet Wall Street's equity analysts are staying clear.
Shares of the company that operates former U.S. President Donald Trump's social media app Truth Social listed on Nasdaq on March 26. An army of Trump supporters and speculators have snapped up the stock, giving it a market value of about $4.9 billion.
Yet there are still no widely distributed analyst notes from brokerages for it, unlike social media peers with smaller valuations that are covered by several brokerages, including Nextdoor (KIND.N), opens new tab, Bumble (BMBL.O), opens new tab and Grindr (GRND.N), opens new tab.

Here is what happening with the lack of analyst coverage of TMTG and the reasons behind it.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

May 21, 2024 Investing for Beginners
Ultimately a good investment portfolio is one that achieves your financial goals but it is easy to lose sight of what you are doing and accidentally end up with something that is not fit for purpose. In this video, I will show you what I consider when looking at a portfolio, so you can go through this process and review whether you are still on track.
Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:19 Why are you investing?
01:22 Clutter
05:40 Risk & Risky Assets
06:26 Not Enough Risk
11:21 Too Much Risk
17:14 Too Complicated
18:30 Conclusion

Last edited:

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I didnt have that kind of discretionary income in 99, but its nice to see all the same. I threw a little money at nvda when it was at ~250. Taking the advice of the dude that talked me into it was probably the best move i made in the past few years of investing. Like most other people, I wish I wouldve thrown a lot more at it but you live and learn.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I didnt have that kind of discretionary income in 99, but its nice to see all the same. I threw a little money at nvda when it was at ~250. Taking the advice of the dude that talked me into it was probably the best move i made in the past few years of investing. Like most other people, I wish I wouldve thrown a lot more at it but you live and learn.
People say this but would you have held on to it during hard times especially during the housing crisis?

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
People say this but would you have held on to it during hard times especially during the housing crisis?
Good question. I didnt have money to invest during the down turn but if I did, I would've held on. I bought with money my long term hold account, I have a couple other stocks in that account but nothing that has performed like NVDA. Until a few years ago, my only exposure to the stock market was my 401k.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

May 19, 2024

One of my favorite tools, Portfolio Visualizer, just launched a new design. In this video, I'll show you how to navigate the changes. Unfortunately, one change is to limit the amount of backtesting data you have access to in the free version. I'll show you a free alternative.

Portfolio Visualizer: https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/
Test Folio: https://testfol.io/

Timestamps
0:00 - Changes to Portfolio Visualizer
0:34 - The old Portfolio Visualizer
1:46 - Navigate the tools
2:27 - Asset Allocation
4:17 - Backtest a portfolio
5:50 - Free tool/Test Folio
6:34 - Add a portfolio
7:54 - Output
9:06 - Financial Freedom

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
I
Forgot about $SOXQ as well with a 0.19 expense ratio.

$NVDA is setting the world on fire. I don't know when the competition will stiffen, but it's hard to hold onto 80% of the AI GPU market with 78-80% gross margins unless customers have money to burn.
I pulled the trigger and picked me up some SOXQ last month.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

May 18, 2024
When it comes to investing, it is mind first, numbers second. Here are 10 things a value investor needs to have settled with himself to be a good wealth compounder over time.

0:00 Value Investing Mindset
0:59 Improves Life
3:31 Patience
5:51 Ugly Times
7:27 Stock Prices
8:34 Business Reward
9:39 Chasing
13:42 Swinging
14:31 Getting Rich
16:23 Knowledge
17:30 Goals

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

That shit's crazy, but is why I stopped messing with ARK. I would get the nightly update e-mails (still do) and couldn't understand why they were in and out of positions so fast and regularly. The risky tech bets weren't my issue. It was that they would talk up certain companies but not actually hold them for long.

It would be interesting to know where they reallocated the NVDA monies. Or maybe they need to fund redemptions?

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That shit's crazy, but is why I stopped messing with ARK. I would get the nightly update e-mails (still do) and couldn't understand why they were in and out of positions so fast and regularly. The risky tech bets weren't my issue. It was that they would talk up certain companies but not actually hold them for long.

It would be interesting to know where they reallocated the NVDA monies. Or maybe they need to fund redemptions?
The lady doesn’t know what she’s doing. Think SBF.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
I own 2 of their vehicles
"Buy what you know"
Annual dividend over $8
They plan on EV batteries with 500 mile range by 2026 / 620 miles by 2027
They plan to roll out solid state batteries in 2027 (with 10 min charge time to 80%)
Price dropped to a level I'm comfortable with getting in.
thanks......that's good info

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I own 2 of their vehicles
"Buy what you know"
Annual dividend over $8
They plan on EV batteries with 500 mile range by 2026 / 620 miles by 2027
They plan to roll out solid state batteries in 2027 (with 10 min charge time to 80%)
Price dropped to a level I'm comfortable with getting in.
Byd is killing this game.