Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Know a dude at my job that threw a whole check at it two weeks ago. Know another guy that's bought some early in 2020. Seeing both of there returns so far made me sick.

Shit, I should have put a lot more on it when it dipped down to a quarter. But I've been putting a little on it here and there for the last few months. Elon supposed to go on SNL on the 8th and there is buzz around what might happen. Which I feel is why there looks to be folks holding it buying more. Things could get real interesting. I got something on the side to throw on it in case things get wild.
I put about $5k into it back in February when it was .02
Wish I would have held

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Long term investors question? DOLLAR COST AVERAGING vs Buying THE DIP.
What are your thoughts and experiences?

They say DCA is favorable because (1) you are IN the market and (2) you're still buying the dips when they come (just in smaller amounts).

On the flip side, if your ONLY buying dips...you could be waiting and missing some of the best trading days in the process.

I DCA out of habit (make my deposits on payday). But I also try to buy the dip at times when I come into some extra cash (tax return, stimmy).

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
They say DCA is favorable because (1) you are IN the market and (2) you're still buying the dips when they come (just in smaller amounts).

On the flip side, if your ONLY buying dips...you could be waiting and missing some of the best trading days in the process.

I DCA out of habit (make my deposits on payday). But I also try to buy the dip at times when I come into some extra cash (tax return, stimmy).

Me n my supervisor was talking about this just last week and he said the exact same thing you said! So i agree...

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I think it's about time I made my periodic reminder that not all investment opportunities are "quick hits."

For most of you, you need to focus on the long game. At least for now. Build your portfolios and continuously add to them.

I mentioned earlier this year that this year would be great for airlines. They have almost returned to previous values.

I would strongly consider cruise lines now. Carnival etc. They will begin operating this summer and you will be shocked at how many people will be willing to take the chance on a deal.

Do not wait until it happens. Get it while it's still low.

P.s. Hotels are killing it!! Hilton and Marriott are at 5 year highs.
Somehow "I told you so" doesn't quite fit here.

Cruise lines and hotels are killing it already.

There is still room to get your long term investments straight.

huge_brass_balls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not to mention there's some Covid news that dropped this morning!
Oh my goodness! No wonder it went up... :)
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/o...nst-lesser-known-brazilian-variant-2021-05-03

Ocugen's stock is up after sharing preprint about COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness against lesser known Brazilian variant
Shares of Ocugen Inc. OCGN, 22.14% were up 20.2% in trading on Monday after the Pennslyvania company said a COVID-19 vaccine it is contracted to develop with Indian biotechnology firm Bharat Biotech International Ltd. is "potentially" effective against B.1.1.28.2, or P.2., a variant first identified in Brazil in April 2020. The variant has been designated a variant of interest in the U.S. but is not considered a more serious variant of concern like the B.1.1.7. out of the U.K. or the P.1, which was also first identified in Brazil, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The study cited by Ocugen is a preprint, which is preliminary medical research that has not been peer-reviewed, and it compared IgG antibody titers in people who had received the shots to those who have recovered from COVID-19. The study was conducted in a lab and included 61 sera samples, two of which had the B.1.1.28.2 variant. Ocugen has said it is developing Bharat's vaccine, which was approved in India in January, for the U.S. but has not yet initiated clinical trials for this market. Ocugen's stock has soared 729.8% since the start of the year, while the S&P 500 SPX, 0.49% is up 11.3%.

Fright Night

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Imma go into a bit of detail for the sake of some good opinions

Been in DOGE since 2017. At this moment it is .41 and I am up just over 2500%.

Real world scenario, I get 300 bucks everytime it gains a penny.

However I have sold at .07 which was half of 50k shares for bout 350. At the time we were hoping for a Nickle.

Bought a little in some dips. Then sold 4000ish at 25 cent for a Grand. Was hoping for a dime.

Average is 1.5 cent shuld I keep buying or sell 20% increments? First increment being $1 (65k ish total)

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Know a dude at my job that threw a whole check at it two weeks ago. Know another guy that's bought some early in 2020. Seeing both of there returns so far made me sick.

Shit, I should have put a lot more on it when it dipped down to a quarter. But I've been putting a little on it here and there for the last few months. Elon supposed to go on SNL on the 8th and there is buzz around what might happen. Which I feel is why there looks to be folks holding it buying more. Things could get real interesting. I got something on the side to throw on it in case things get wild.
My God brother runs his own business and dropped $10k on it back in February. She showed me ROI and its sickening :smh:.

I'm loading up on Cardano aggressively and slowly on Litecoin. Litecoin is the next to hit all time highs.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
So in conditions terrible for bulls, a few no named stocks will run. People are flocking to them because there is nothing else happening. Todays were ISNS and PRPO. Lets not miss tomorrow's.