Anyone Fucking with VR?

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
RE: Playstation VR..i see why this game didnt sell,people were getting sick to their stomachs playing it (i was one of them lol )

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
RE: Playstation VR..i see why this game didnt sell,people were getting sick to their stomachs playing it (i was one of them lol )

The poor resolution, transitions, and a few other reasons why the PSVR is not a good implementation of VR. My Dell is buttery even on my surface. The Samsung odyssey suppose to be even better.

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My shit been sitting for a while, played it for a month or two, then got tired of it. You gotta be in a cold ass room, or your face will fry. I will hop back on it soon, bought some games I have not even played yet

tumblr_p1hgfyxvCq1u4szpbo1_1280.jpg

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
My wife got me the PS4 VR. I had her return it. I strongly think VR is a gimmick. I've had both the VR for my Samsung Notes (with the headsets ver.1 and ver 2.) and they are collecting dust. They are fun for a while but it slowly gets old quick to me.

I really think we are very far away from some "Ready Player One" shit. Until then it's a just a novelty that pops up every few years and then dies off again.

you can't even compare that crap ps4 to the pc version. we have two htc vive's and it's nonstop entertainment

if y ou're on pc get fallout 4 VR best version of fallout ever... and keept talking and nobody explodes

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
you can't even compare that crap ps4 to the pc version. we have two htc vive's and it's nonstop entertainment

if y ou're on pc get fallout 4 VR best version of fallout ever... and keept talking and nobody explodes

I wouldn't spend that much money on VR. I can't justify it. It's just not all that to me.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't spend that much money on VR. I can't justify it. It's just not all that to me.
PSVR while yall bullshittin has the most units sold compared to all of those sets that were mentioned. Now again, its not at all top of the line, however it is decent and gives the avg user thats on the fence about VR tech a good entry level experience. I have had lots of fun with Superhot, Arizona Sunshine, Farpoint, Resident Evil 7 and more recently Shooty Fruity. Obviously if you can afford the more expensive units and have the computer to run it, by all means go for it! Its definitely worth it to me, however will not be every gamers cup of tea.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

I will have to buy that for sure. Fallout is one of my favorite series. Space Pirate Trainer had a negro doing cardio, fucking heart racing.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Word? What did you try?
tried oculus at best buy and PSVR at a friends house

didn't really like the mask becasue i could still see the edges and it kinda takes you out of the experience

and i didn't think the graphics were good enough yet

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
tried oculus at best buy and PSVR at a friends house

didn't really like the mask becasue i could still see the edges and it kinda takes you out of the experience

and i didn't think the graphics were good enough yet
Bruh this dell shit is 100% immersive. That shit not only fit my big ass head, it fit my wife's and kid's head with zero light leakage. The samsung one is suppose to be better than the dell. Had I'd known my wife was going to buy the shit I would have name dropped the samsung.

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got the PlayStation joint for Gran Turismo. Haven't played it yet but looking forward to it. Plus I saw a few upcoming games for vr that look good.

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We already had the PS4 camera and a couple old PS3 motion wands so the wife spent $200 for ours since we just needed the headset

It is a bit of a gimmick, but it's been an enjoyable one for us over the last week. If you kinda know what to expect...ie, don't expect typical PS4 graphics and a bunch of cables all over the place, it's pretty cool. The thriller games are pretty cool and do a pretty good job of making you feel like you are in the game.

I am going to see how the game library continues to go and we'll see how it goes from here but there seems to be a solid selection for the time being.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
We already had the PS4 camera and a couple old PS3 motion wands so the wife spent $200 for ours since we just needed the headset

It is a bit of a gimmick, but it's been an enjoyable one for us over the last week. If you kinda know what to expect...ie, don't expect typical PS4 graphics and a bunch of cables all over the place, it's pretty cool. The thriller games are pretty cool and do a pretty good job of making you feel like you are in the game.

I am going to see how the game library continues to go and we'll see how it goes from here but there seems to be a solid selection for the time being.
The Windows Mix reality has 1 cable. The inside out tracking is on point too. If I had to put up sensors or extra cameras I wouldn't enjoy it as much. Which Thriller game have you played?

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Windows Mix reality has 1 cable. The inside out tracking is on point too. If I had to put up sensors or extra cameras I wouldn't enjoy it as much. Which Thriller game have you played?

Really, the cables aren't too bad, it's just that the PS has to be connected to another processor that handles the 3d stuff...that can be mounted on top of the PS and just gotta find a good way to hide the extra HDMI cables for it. From that processor unit, it's just one cable to the headset.

Rush of Blood, Here they Lie, and The Lost Souls are what we have so far and they are pretty good. It's pretty cool to be walking through areas and seeing crazy shit happen when you're completely immersed...no matter where you look, you're in the game.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Try VR for cheap: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are on sale for nearly half off today
The dilemma: Buy now and save with Microsoft's Mixed Reality discounts, or wait for better software support?

By Mark Hachman

Senior Editor, PCWorld | DEC 13, 2017 6:27 AM PT

mixed-realit-headsets-100733716-large.jpg

If you’re interested in trying out Windows Mixed Reality headsets, the time is now. They’re basically half off on the eighth day of Microsoft’s 12 Days of Deals, with savings up to $200 on three separate headsets.

The Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset (normally $399, now $199), the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset (normally $449, now $249), and the Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality Headset (normally $399, now $199) are at heavy discounts. The higher-resolution Samsung HMD Odyssey Windows Mixed Reality Headset still commands a premium. It’s on sale too, but only $50 off at $449. All of the deals include a pair of bundled controllers.

Normally, we’d warn you to act fast, since the discounts in Microsoft’s 12 Days of Deals are generally only good for one day. Unfortunately, however, Microsoft never really achieved a great deal of buzz around its Windows Mixed Reality headsets, even after they launched as part of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Though the Dell headset appears to have sold out already, it’s possible that this “one day” deal will last a day or two.

windows-mixed-reality-100744280-large.jpg

Microsoft
Windows Mixed Reality’s Cliff House.

As far as the Mixed Reality experience goes, for now, Windows 10 users can use the built-in navigation scheme to move around the “Cliff House,” Microsoft’s virtual Start Menu. It’s a 3D environment where users can interact with traditional Windows apps, pinning them to virtual walls, as well as interacting with some UWP games.

Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR also allows you to play the more than 2,000 games written for the HTC Vive. However, the software still remains in Early Access, with users feeling out and reporting bugs. Not every SteamVR game works correctly at this point.

[ Further reading: HTC Vive vs. Oculus Rift vs. Windows Mixed Reality: What’s the difference? ]

Picking up this deal isn’t quite an investment in the future, then, but it’s close. PCWorld hasn’t formally reviewed any of these headsets as yet, as our original plan was to wait for Steam support to compare them to existing headsets like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Our initial hands-on impressions of Dell’s Windows Mixed Reality headset revealed some teething issues with Microsoft’s inside-out controller tracking. With prices like these, though, Microsoft’s making it much less painful to try out Mixed Reality (which is really just virtual reality) for yourself.

To comment on this article and other PCWorld content, visit our Facebookpage or our Twitter feed.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Cacs are so fucking crazy. VR motivated him to buy a fucking house for his family (kids). Nigga...
How I Record and Live Stream VR with the HTC Vive!

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
It's a gimmick. PSVR too expensive, too many cables and not fun at all. Returned that shit
PSVR sucks though, so good for you. My Dell has one cable and I have been playing dem shits nonstop since Christmas. I just made an extension cable to get a 10 extra ft. The entire family has been playing it, even the wife and she doesn't play video games at all.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
PSVR sucks though, so good for you. My Dell has one cable and I have been playing dem shits nonstop since Christmas. I just made an extension cable to get a 10 extra ft. The entire family has been playing it, even the wife and she doesn't play video games at all.

Send me a link to your setup. It's a gimmick still. You play for a while, it gets old. Back to regular gaming. It's like the Nintendo wii

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Send me a link to your setup. It's a gimmick still. You play for a while, it gets old. Back to regular gaming. It's like the Nintendo wii
Amazon product ASIN B077R65C4DThere are literally 100s of games. Super Hot, Space Pirate Trainer, and Arizona Sunshine alone makes it worthy of a purchase.

Edit: For whatever reason I don't see the amazon link.
Search amazon for this one:
Dell - Visor Virtual Reality Headset and Controllers for Compatible Windows PCs

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Amazon product ASIN B077R65C4DThere are literally 100s of games. Super Hot, Space Pirate Trainer, and Arizona Sunshine alone makes it worthy of a purchase.

Edit: For whatever reason I don't see the amazon link.
Search amazon for this one:
Dell - Visor Virtual Reality Headset and Controllers for Compatible Windows PCs

Yeah, all my computers are macs and the only PC is my Wacom tablet which I use for artwork

crazyace718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know shit about computers. I have a laptop with Windows 10 a 500 gig hard drive and 4 gigs of ram. Would i be able to run the windows headset on it?