Any BGOL dudes into gardening?

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Thinking of starting a garden in the backyard with the wife. Anyone in here garden? What do you plant?

Looking to plant something that will bloom in the summer.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In NY?
How much space? Direct sunlight or partially shaded? Morning or afternoon sun?

Last edited:

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My pops had carrots, watermelons, onions, sweet potatoes, cucumbers and a whole lot of shit I can't remember...

My wife and I did a pallet garden in the back yard.....went pretty good until we got bored and that shit grew out of control....I finally pulled it up threw that shit away....

6xrjwg.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My pops had carrots, watermelons, onions, sweet potatoes, cucumbers and a whole lot of shit I can't remember...

My wife and I did a pallet garden in the back yard.....went pretty good until we got bored and that shit grew out of control....I finally pulled it up threw that shit away....

6xrjwg.jpg

Nice

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
I grow. Start after the last frost of the season.

This

+ start your seedlings inside sometime in March(if you live in the frost belt) so when you do plant you ain't putting seeds into the ground. The reason why you need seedlings instead of planting seeds is because every seed is not guaranteed to sprout. If you live in a warmer climate you need to start your seedlings right now.

Last edited:

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thinking of starting a garden in the backyard with the wife. Anyone in here garden? What do you plant?

Looking to plant something that will bloom in the summer.
I stumbled upon this Instagram page last year when I was looking for help with some questions I had about a fungus growing in my grass.
I sent her a message and she answered any of the questions I needed.
She really knows her shit.
You should send her a message on Instagram.

Last edited:

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
You in queens right? Good luck with the raccoons, possums, cats and squirrels lol

If you can have a fenced in area and allowed to have a dog they will handle the pest problems. Even pet cats are excellent believe it or not. Cats won't stop the racoons(need a medium sized or larger dog for them) but they will stop the possums, rabbits, skunks, and various rodents from coming around.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

6xrjwg.jpg
My momms would talk to her plants, have the dogs sit next to her and just talk.

Her memory issues now, i go by and pull weeds, clean shit up. I caught myself talkin to the plants and dogs. Wtf.

She keeps mints plants and makes tea, man that shit be good af.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I stumbled upon this Instagram page last year when I was looking for help with some questions I had about a fungus growing in my grass.
I sent her a message and she answered any of the questions I needed.
She really knows her shit.
You should send her a message on Instagram.

She's kind of cute, especially with her ass in the air while gardening.
Did you try to plant your seed? :jackoff:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My momms would talk to her plants, have the dogs sit next to her and just talk.

Her memory issues now, i go by and pull weeds, clean shit up. I caught myself talkin to the plants and dogs. Wtf.

She keeps mints plants and makes tea, man that shit be good af.

Throw them mint plants in the yard before I mow:yes:

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been thinking of planting a small butterfly garden in my backyard? :idea:

cocodc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

6xrjwg.jpg

Same thing for me... I do it every now and then until i get tired... Probably do it again this spring just to show the kids what they can grow from scratch.. Sometimes I grow shit and dont even eat it...

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow...me too......but I have been procrastinating.......

I've been looking up native plants for my state (Florida) to attract them, I think I'm doing do it.. start with a small maybe 4x6 size in the corner of my backward

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've been looking up native plants for my state (Florida) to attract them, I think I'm doing do it.. start with a small maybe 4x6 size in the corner of my backward
I'm motivated...googling now

DarkMatter-X

Rising Star
Registered
First and foremost assess the size garden according herbs and veggies you plan to grow. Soil type is important mulch, peat moss, and sand are good for the mix. I strongly suggest you grow above ground out of a box to reduce pests, bugs and toxins. Do not ever use pressure treated lumber, it has formaldehyde which leaches into plants and veggies.

treal5

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Made some 4x4 planter boxes ( maybe 12in deep) a few years ago. Kids love planting seeds and watching them grow.
Here are a couple things we've grown:
Blackberries - easiest and best thing we've planted.
Raspberries - feed every bird in a 3 mile radius. Took them down after 2 years
Strawberries - good but had to fight slugs
Lettuce - same as strawberries
Carrots - pretty cool to grow
Black cherry tomatoes - Unique taste

Growing grapes now

And yeah, I get looked at sideways when I'm getting gardening supplies or asking people gardening questions. But my kids love doing it so I'm going to keep it up!

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Yall wanna know what takes time

A fuckin avocado plant. Bitch takes weeks to bust out the seed

I do itfor the hell of it,fuckin plant wont put shit out till im dead

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
I'm hoping I'm not attracted to this shit because I'm getting old.. fuck

Naw bruh, don't ever feel that way. Having a relationship with the Earth is a spiritual experience. You give to the Earth and in return it provides for you. It is a proper symbiotic relationship that is good and therapeutic. It's good for people of all ages.