Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk for the Heavyweight Championship this AFTERNOON at 1:30 EST

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Not surprised that Usyk outboxed AJ to this degree but surprised that he actually got the UD in London with those scores. I have Usyk as #2 HW now behind only Tyson Fury, think Usyk would make Wilder look silly as well but Wilder's always got a chance if he can land that falcon punch, but if he doesn't land that falcon punch it'll be ridiculous as Wilder doesn't have the footwork and strong enough jab to keep Usyk outside

@tpotda I want to admit to you in front of the entire community that I was wrong bro. Smh

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There’s no way this fight have been scored the other way. Joshua did nothing for 4 rounds, was not aggressive, landed few power shots, backed up the entire fight, was off balance several times, ropes saved him, low punch count. Round 12 cinched it. He’s not a boxer he’s a puncher, like Wilder. Wilder lost because he can’t box. Same with Joshua. Tyson was a puncher and he lost to nearly every boxer. If Fury is training he beats Wilder and Usyk too.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Usyk from undisputed CW champ to 3 belt unified HW champ, best CW since Holyfield, man if only Usyk had the power of a David Haye he'd be even more of a problem at HW, AJ would've def hit the canvas today if not ko'd

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he couldnt
everytime he dropped his gloves he was getting caught with a right over the top
plus he's chinny and he knows it

yea he was starting to get confident a couple of times in the fight and both

times he just didnt seem to have the fighter instinct to capitalize off it..

I dont know if its his training or just him...

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not surprised that Usyk outboxed AJ to this degree but surprised that he actually got the UD in London with those scores. I have Usyk as #2 HW now behind only Tyson Fury, think Usyk would make Wilder look silly as well but Wilder's always got a chance if he can land that falcon punch, but if he doesn't land that falcon punch it'll be ridiculous as Wilder doesn't have the footwork and strong enough jab to keep Usyk outside
You hit the nail on the head man. All Facts. I've been picking Usyk in every poll. He definitely outboxes Wilder if he avoids getting clipped and Tyson Fury too big (long jab) and too skilled to be outboxed by Usyk and Usyk dont got the power to hurt him.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Usyk from undisputed CW champ to 3 belt unified HW champ, best CW since Holyfield, man if only Usyk had the power of a David Haye he'd be even more of a problem at HW, AJ would've def hit the canvas today if not ko'd
Guy is skilled. He has the worst damn luck to be in the same era as Fury.

Give a fuck what anyone says. Fury having those boxing skills at that size is just insane.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was a great fight. Aj seems to struggle with southpaws and usyk knew how to use his stiff jab. Better footwork and just had more aggression. Ever since aj lost to fat boy Latino no name I think he’s just fighting to keep his name relevant. Fury will still reign above all the HW’s in due time unless he falls back into depression

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
Mrfreddygoodbud said:
yea he was starting to get confident a couple of times in the fight and both

times he just didnt seem to have the fighter instinct to capitalize off it..

I dont know if its his training or just him...

Used to think it was him just being too fucking nice and needing to sharpen his skill-set more ...but am becoming more convinced after his fights with the Mexican that it's mostly coaching. He's definitely the most athletic in current heavyweight class and has all the tools but his IQ isn't as sharp as he claims.

He strays too often from what's working mid-fight...the jab and body work was working. AJ has a stiff jab but if he learned to throw it like Lenox, almost from the elbow instead of the shoulder, he at least gets a split decision tonight. I'm not convinced he's too muscular either...he can loose muscle and go lean, if the proper trainer deemed necessary. He needs the right trainer! I'd love to have seen what Emmanuel Steward would've done with him and that suspect chin

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was a great fight. Aj seems to struggle with southpaws and usyk knew how to use his stiff jab. Better footwork and just had more aggression. Ever since aj lost to fat boy Latino no name I think he’s just fighting to keep his name relevant. Fury will still reign above all the HW’s in due time unless he falls back into depression
AJ will get completely dominated in the rematch now that Usyk has seen him up close. One more round and he would have knocked him out.

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joshua needs a new trainer. Rewatching the fight, you can see he was literally flatfooted. Look at Usyk's feet, on his toes, moving side to side etc. Like Ward said after the first Ruiz fight, this ain't a body building competition. You can still have power without all that muscle, build that stamina up.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joshua needs a new trainer. Rewatching the fight, you can see he was literally flatfooted. Look at Usyk's feet, on his toes, moving side to side etc. Like Ward said after the first Ruiz fight, this ain't a body building competition. You can still have power without all that muscle, build that stamina up.
His stamina was alot better than usual when he would gas after 5 or so rounds but after the 10th he was done

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
The thing with AJ is that he started boxing late at 18, was a sprinter before that. Usyk didn't start at 15 so he also wasn't a kid like most world class boxers but he was in soccer academy before that and that background i'm sure helped with his footwork, he's also developed by Anatoly Lomachenko who's probably the best trainer to go to if you're an athletic southpaw with good cardio

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The thing with AJ is that he started boxing late at 18, was a sprinter before that. Usyk didn't start at 15 so he also wasn't a kid like most world class boxers but he was in soccer academy before that and that background i'm sure helped with his footwork, he's also developed by Anatoly Lomachenko who's probably the best trainer to go to if you're an athletic southpaw with good cardio

So AJ was a sprinter but can’t run away from punches?

200.gif

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Used to think it was him just being too fucking nice and needing to sharpen his skill-set more ...but am becoming more convinced after his fights with the Mexican that it's mostly coaching. He's definitely the most athletic in current heavyweight class and has all the tools but his IQ isn't as sharp as he claims.

He strays too often from what's working mid-fight...the jab and body work was working. AJ has a stiff jab but if he hearned to throw it like Lenox, almost from the elbow instead of the shoulder, he at least gets a split decision tonight. I'm not convinced he's too muscular either...he can loose muscle and go lean, if the proper trainer deemed necessary.He needs the right trainer! I'd love to have seen what Emmanuel Steward would've done with him and that suspect chin
Now there's a word I have yet to see attached to the robot.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crazy shit is, I think Wilder got a better shot against Usyk than Joshua. Wilder got a great chin with that nasty right hand. I don't see Usyk beating Fury or Wilder
He could easily outbox Wilder but Wilder actually has one punch KO power unlike Joshua. Joshua tried to outbox Usyk when he was the bigger stronger man. Wilder will try to take his head off from the opening bell but likely look foolish until he hits him or loses a wide decision.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
He could easily outbox Wilder but Wilder actually has one punch KO power unlike Joshua. Joshua tried to outbox Usyk when he was the bigger stronger man. Wilder will try to take his head off from the opening bell but likely look foolish until he hits him or loses a wide decision.
I think that's too simplistic of a view. As soon as someone has a good night people automatically make that person out to be the best. Usyk did his thing but Joshua did nothing. I will reserve judgement in what Wilder will do depending on what he does in his fight with fury.
Yet lets keep in mind that Wilder is not weak minded like Joshua, doesn't fight like a Robot , and doesn't have a weak chin. Wilder has killer instinct and the only guy to bully him around was a much bigger guy (height and weight) aka Fury.

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that's too simplistic of a view. As soon as someone has a good night people automatically make that person out to be the best. Usyk did his thing but Joshua did nothing. I will reserve judgement in what Wilder will do depending on what he does in his fight with fury.
Yet lets keep in mind that Wilder is not weak minded like Joshua, doesn't fight like a Robot , and doesn't have a weak chin. Wilder has killer instinct and the only guy to bully him around was a much bigger guy (height and weight) aka Fury.

Yup, Wilder will throw a barrage of punches. Usyk can counter all he wants, I don't see him knocking him out and there's no way he could take Deontay's shots when they land. IMO, Wilder would overwhelm him; the man is relentless. Joshua looked like he didn't want to get hit. Wilder will take them punches.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I’ve been thought this about Usyk so it’s not new nor based on his fight with Joshua. He is a high level boxer who has great footwork and been nice. He showed how he’d handle a puncher in the cruiser weight finale. I was hoping to see Wilder/Joshua or Fury v Joshua beforehand because I knew if Usyk got Joshua in the ring he would beat him and kill those matchups.

Wilder v Usyk would be an interesting match though because I don’t think he can really hurt Wilder but I’m not sure Wilder can really hit him clean with a bomb. Wilder has power for 12 rounds though and keeps swinging so it would be tension all the way through. Not sure it happens though. If Fury is in shape he probably schools Wilder again.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup, Wilder will throw a barrage of punches. Usyk can counter all he wants, I don't see him knocking him out and there's no way he could take Deontay's shots when they land. IMO, Wilder would overwhelm him; the man is relentless. Joshua looked like he didn't want to get hit. Wilder will take them punches.

I generally agree but Wilder is sloppy though so you’re not gonna hit a great technician with those wild, wide punches.

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
BKF said:
Now there's a word I have yet to see attached to the robot.

Before boxing, in their teens AJ was a track star and Usyk played soccer. That explains Usyk's footwork. Him being the most athletic at heavyweight is a belief held by other boxers as well...Tony Bellow even discussed it during pre-fight broadcast.

AJ got all the tools...he just needs the right trainer cause McCracken ain't that guy.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not only that, the casual fans didn’t see Usyk’s inaugural HW fights. He looked damn near got his head knocked off by a tomato can in Weatherspoon and Derrick Chisara showed him he was in the wrong division if he wanted to go up against the big boys. Just so happened he fought the perfect fight for Joshua since he was too scared to use his weight as his advantage :smh:

Besides, I don’t understand why folks believe Wilder will stand there and try to box with a little mothafucka. He has never respected his smaller opponents. Even the ones who everyone said was outboxing him until he hit them with that Alabama Slamma.

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tired of these NEW big fighters
thinking they are Mike Tyson.
Thinking they gonna knock someone out without utilizing their DAMN JABZ!!!!

When AJ fought Dylan Whyte,
I knew he wasn't a good fight when he kept making himself smaller to match Dylan's height.
AJ won,
but Dylan ROCKED his ass...
SMH

This is why Lennox Lewis will always go down as one of the greatest "big men."
He fought behind the jab.​

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Lennox and Wlad both knew how to keep the shorter HWs at bay with the a great jab and whenever they did get inside they knew to grab them and tie them up