And in other movie news...Stephen Dorff called Marvel movies WORTHLESS GARBAGE and Tiffany Haddish defends her SCIFI movie at Sundance !!

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok I didn't understand your point, my bad.

Of course of course that's common sense

I'm saying for example.

If you don't like Kevin hart. Don't watch his movies. And you really can't complain.

If you don't like woody Allen? Don't watch.

If you don't like super hero movies? Or Marvel movies don't watch.

This ain't directed at you specific bro.

I just don't understand investing in your own misery.

Of course i would hope we all WANT to enjoy ourselves and part of that is avoiding stuff we don't need to experience.

*But we do have hate watching now, I digress.

I like super hero movies. All of them. So I watch them. All of them. Don't mean they all good.

DC had a bunch of bad movies so did Sony and I'm see that many think Marvel did/ does.

It's all a matter of opinion. But what confuses me is people need to justify their personal opinion and make it FACT.

you can like something and say why that's cool. But now we have so much incel trolling disingenuous conspiracy theory bullsh*t to try to make their dislike MORE than just an opinion.

And if you GOING INTO AN EXPERIENCE with a negative attitude? Why go?

Here is a perfect example. The Batman, I had high hopes for it, bc I had seen Robert Pattinson in "Good Time" first so I knew he could pull it off. Now, when niggas on the board found out Robert Pattinson was the new bat they were bitching and moaning, but they still took their asses to the movies even though they initially had a negative disposición to it, but they enjoyed the film. Me I did not enjoyed it and was ready to walk out halfway thru the movie, even though initially I had a positive disposición. Did I enjoy it? Clearly no.

So yes, you can watch a movie and not enjoy it.

Another example, Seinfeld. Initially I hated it. Bc compared to South Park or Martin, the show Seinfeld made no sense. It was silly white ppl humor to me. Until I was in college and when I did have free time Seinfeld was the only seemingly good tv show to watch. But after watching a couple episodes that centered around Costanza I was hooked and it was then when I feel in love with the writing of that show of how the small things became the big arch in the story, very similar to South Park. Till this day Seinfeld is one the best sitcoms to date in my opinion, followed by South Park, Martin, and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We disagree because you believe he is being honest and genuine

I don't

Because this isn't new

He been saying this for YEARS

So now it just smacks if attention whoring

If over the last 5 years plus you honestly expect me to believe he never saw a good super hero movie

That is a HIM problem

Tell him to stop investing in your own misery. Write your own super hero movie. Or just stop talking about it.

Also him being in that first blade don't make him a super hero movie expert by any means.

So garret Morris should get an honorary degree in all super hero movies, entomology and quantum mechanics.

well his negative opinion wouldn't be new because Blade came out 23 years ago in 1998...since that time how many comicbook films have their been??? almost if not more than 100?? I think thats a large enough sample size to say if its trending in a good or bad direction in terms of quality and story.

Other than novels (especially the young adult genre) turned into movies....comicbook/superhero films are the only other category of movies where the FANS can dictate and sway how the movie gets made. Dorff isn't the only one with strong negative opinions about the genre. But unlike us fanboys he actually has experience in how movies come together and get made.

And the Garret Morris analogy is NQR because Dorff is speaking from his experience as an actor whose won awards for playing Deacon Frost and has produced films and written a movie himself. If Dorff was a youtuber or tiktok movie critic then I would call BS on his opinion. but discounting his observations given his background is like discounting Isiah Thomas's opinions of todays NBA players because pfft..:rolleyes::rolleyes:... he only won like 2 chips 30 years ago so what the hell does he know about how the game is played since that time?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TX4lyfe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
According imdb a total of 13,929 films were released in 2022 and only 3 of them were marvel movies and all three marvel movies were in the top 10 grossing movies of 2022. So his opinion sounds more like hate to me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here is a perfect example. The Batman, I had high hopes for it, bc I had seen Robert Pattinson in "Good Time" first so I knew he could pull it off. Now, when niggas on the board found out Robert Pattinson was the new bat they were bitching and moaning, but they still took their asses to the movies even though they initially had a negative disposición to it, but they enjoyed the film. Me I did not enjoyed it and was ready to walk out halfway thru the movie, even though initially I had a positive disposición. Did I enjoy it? Clearly no.

So yes, you can watch a movie and not enjoy it.

Bro, Of course you can

Like I said before I misunderstood your point.

We were focused on 2 different parts of the same situation

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
well his negative opinion wouldn't be new because Blade came out 23 years ago in 1998...since that time how many comicbook films have their been??? almost if not more than 100?? I think thats a large enough sample size to say if its trending in a good or bad direction in terms of quality and story.

Other than novels (especially the young adult genre) turned into movies....comicbook/superhero films are the only other category of movies where the FANS can dictate and sway how the movie gets made. Dorff isn't the only one with strong negative opinions about the genre. But unlike us fanboys he actually has experience in how movies come together and get made.

And the Garret Morris analogy is NQR because Dorff is speaking from his experience as an actor whose won awards for playing Deacon Frost and has produced films and written a movie himself. If Dorff was a youtuber or tiktok movie critic then I would call BS on his opinion. but discounting his observations given his background is like discounting Isiah Thomas's opinions of todays NBA players because pfft..:rolleyes::rolleyes:... he only won like 2 chips 30 years ago so what the hell does he know about how the game is played since that time?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bro?

If you think I'm going to write another word about Stephen Dorff?

You lost your damn mind.

Gtfoh.

What he said or says ain't worth nothing.

Attention is the new currency

He desperately attention whoring.

And I ain't don't engage with the former or the latter.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro, Of course you can

Like I said before I misunderstood your point.

We were focused on 2 different parts of the same situation

All good in healthy discussion.

I was editing my response to show the flip side where I explained how I hated Seinfeld initially but after a couple episodes ended up loving it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All good in healthy discussion.

I was editing my response to show the flip side where I explained how I hated Seinfeld initially but after a couple episodes ended up loving it.

Wow.

People RARELY openly admit to stuff like that respect.

I find ALL this so funny and a waste of time and energy

And I LOVE debate and discussion

When it's in good fun fruitful and in good faith.

I'm a big Seinfeld fan and know people who HATE it.

But I've quoted it and used their scenarios in party discussions and it's killed.farms. those same people loved it.

art is so emotional

As bad as they all say the last Thor was?

I know kids who when that scene where all the children get their own powers came on?

We're INSPIRED!!! LOVED IT!! IT'S their favorite.

I know a friend raising his best friends daughter after he passed who loves that movie

It still doesn't make it good. But it speaks to the subjectivity of art.

I didn't like the Beatles or Sinatra or Miles or Johnny Cash or Ella till I was in college

Because I ain't LIVE enough yet.

There so many books even comics that I had to go back to really appreciate.

But I try to go into everything with good faith and intentions

For a veteran actor to sh*t on movies like that? You ain't real. You KNOW how hundreds of people gave blood sweat and tears to make it happen.

That's why you notice even Scorsese Spielberg Cameron and even QT kinda backtracked.

There was a bitterness hypocrisy and jealousy in their comments even though their was truth in it.

You can comment and criticize without the hate.

Especially when there are REAL LIFE issues of abuse, assault, rape, theft and wage discrimination that ALL those white men choose to remain curiously quiet about.

It's a f*cking popcorn movie ua old white farts.

Relax.

All that talk and they ALL went to see every single last one of them. Probably bought the Blu Ray too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sidebar...

Yall know at the TIME critics ain't like Blade like that right?

Despite being over-the-top (as one might expect), Stephen Dorff fails to imbue Frost with the ferocity necessary to make him a memorable villain.

Especially about - he who shall not be named specific "performance".

So AGAIN let's not try to do the revisionist thing.

Cause trust me in less than 10 years folks will be on bgol saying how deep under appreciated Eternals and inhuman was

Just watch

Book mark this @neptunes007

Last edited: