And in other movie news...Stephen Dorff called Marvel movies WORTHLESS GARBAGE and Tiffany Haddish defends her SCIFI movie at Sundance !!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Original ‘Blade’ Star Stephen Dorff Is Sick of Marvel’s ‘Worthless Garbage,’ Mocks MCU’s Blade: ‘We Already Did It and Made It the Best’

Screen-Shot-2023-01-26-at-2.21.26-PM.png

Stephen Dorff is no stranger to railing against Marvel. The actor went viral in 2021 after telling The Independent that “Black Widow” looks “like garbage” and that he was “embarrassed” for its leading star, Scarlett Johansson. Now Dorff is back with a fresh Marvel tirade courtesy of The Daily Beast. The actor, who flexed his comic book movie chops opposite Wesley Snipes in 1998’s “Blade,” said he’d only want to star in contemporary comic book films if they “were more like when I started when we made ‘Blade,’ or the few that have been decent over the years, like when Nolan did ‘The Dark Knight’ and reinvented Batman from Tim Burton.”

“All this other garbage is just embarrassing, you know what I mean?” Dorff continued. “I mean, God bless them, they’re making a bunch of money, but their movies suck [laughs]. And nobody’s going to remember them. Nobody’s remembering ‘Black Adam’ at the end of the day. I didn’t even see that movie, it looked so bad.”

According to Dorff, the future of cinema rests in upcoming new talents like director Eddie Alcazar (who helmed the Sundance entry “Divinity,” which stars Dorff) and not in “making ‘Black Adam’ and worthless garbage over and over again.”

Marvel is currently developing a new take on Blade for its Marvel Cinematic Universe, but not all has gone according to plan. Mahershala Ali is attached to the role, but original director Bassam Tariq exited the film two months before the intended production start date. Yann Demange is currently set to direct the MCU’s “Blade” movie. Dorff said there’s no chance the MCU bests the 1999 original, which was directed by Steve Norrington.

“Marvel is used to me trashing them anyway,” Dorff said. “How’s that PG ‘Blade’ movie going for you, that can’t get a director? [laughs] Because anybody who goes there is going to be laughed at by everyone, because we already did it and made it the best. There’s no Steve Norrington out there.”

Earlier in the interview, Dorff said he’d “do mainstream movies all the time if they were good.” The actor added, “If the one or two a year that happen don’t, for whatever reason, cast me in a role, I’m not going to lose sleep over it because I wasn’t one of 50 people in ‘Oppenheimer.’ I mean, it looks cool, but to me, unless you’re playing Oppenheimer, I don’t want to be in that movie [laughs]. Unless it’s my friend’s movie, and then I’ll do a scene or pop up.”

Head over to The Daily Beast’s website to read Dorff’s interview in its entirety.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tiffany Haddish Stood Her Ground At Sundance After An Audience Member Griped About Her New Film

AA11oU8j.img

Tiffany Haddish started her career by making audiences laugh as stand-up comic before starring in the critically-acclaimed comedy Girls Trip. She's been doing more varied work in recent years, though her newest film is Cory Finley’s Landscape with Invisible Hand, which is based on M.T. Anderson’s science-fiction novel of the same name. When it had its premiere at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, an audience member shared a gripe about the new movie, and Haddish had something to say.

The annual Sundance Film Festival serves as a showcase for various big-screen productions (most of which are indie movies) and, this year, Tiffany Haddish's latest is definitely one of the most unique. In the upcoming Landscape with Invisible Hand, Earth is taken over by aliens called the Vuvv, who bring wonderful technology to the planet that only the rich can afford. This causes two teenagers to live stream their love story to the fascinated aliens in the hope of receiving financial compensation for it. Apparently, one festival attendee took issue with the flick because it's produced by a major studio, and the moment was caught on video by Deadline Hollywood. Ultimately, Tiffany Haddish stood her ground, though, and sought to defend it. Take a look at the video below:

vtx93hf8wLandscapeWithInvisibleHand-Still1.jpeg

Landscape With Invisible Hand

Adam is a teenage artist coming of age in the aftermath of an alien takeover. The Vuvv, a species of hyper-intelligent extraterrestrials, brought wondrous technology to Earth, but only the wealthiest can afford it. The rest of humanity, their livelihoods now obsolete, have to scrape together money in the tourism industry. In the case of Adam and his budding love interest Chloe, that means livestreaming their courtship for the amusement of the coffee-table sized Vuvv, who find human love exotic and interesting. When Adam and Chloe's scheme goes sideways, Adam and his mother have to find their way out of an increasingly nightmarish alien bureaucracy.
Writer-director Cory Finley (Thoroughbreds, 2017 Sundance Film Festival) returns to Park City with this brazenly original sci-fi trip that features a breakout performance by Asante Blackk. Based on the novel by National Book Award winner M.T. Anderson, the film carefully threads its comedic fantasies with a morose sensibility that sends audiences on a probing exploration of class and commerce.

https://festival.sundance.org/program/film/638a1ab4d406b2ca50f2d5e5

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Original ‘Blade’ Star Stephen Dorff Is Sick of Marvel’s ‘Worthless Garbage,’ Mocks MCU’s Blade: ‘We Already Did It and Made It the Best’

Screen-Shot-2023-01-26-at-2.21.26-PM.png

Stephen Dorff is no stranger to railing against Marvel. The actor went viral in 2021 after telling The Independent that “Black Widow” looks “like garbage” and that he was “embarrassed” for its leading star, Scarlett Johansson. Now Dorff is back with a fresh Marvel tirade courtesy of The Daily Beast. The actor, who flexed his comic book movie chops opposite Wesley Snipes in 1998’s “Blade,” said he’d only want to star in contemporary comic book films if they “were more like when I started when we made ‘Blade,’ or the few that have been decent over the years, like when Nolan did ‘The Dark Knight’ and reinvented Batman from Tim Burton.”

“All this other garbage is just embarrassing, you know what I mean?” Dorff continued. “I mean, God bless them, they’re making a bunch of money, but their movies suck [laughs]. And nobody’s going to remember them. Nobody’s remembering ‘Black Adam’ at the end of the day. I didn’t even see that movie, it looked so bad.”

According to Dorff, the future of cinema rests in upcoming new talents like director Eddie Alcazar (who helmed the Sundance entry “Divinity,” which stars Dorff) and not in “making ‘Black Adam’ and worthless garbage over and over again.”

Marvel is currently developing a new take on Blade for its Marvel Cinematic Universe, but not all has gone according to plan. Mahershala Ali is attached to the role, but original director Bassam Tariq exited the film two months before the intended production start date. Yann Demange is currently set to direct the MCU’s “Blade” movie. Dorff said there’s no chance the MCU bests the 1999 original, which was directed by Steve Norrington.

“Marvel is used to me trashing them anyway,” Dorff said. “How’s that PG ‘Blade’ movie going for you, that can’t get a director? [laughs] Because anybody who goes there is going to be laughed at by everyone, because we already did it and made it the best. There’s no Steve Norrington out there.”

Earlier in the interview, Dorff said he’d “do mainstream movies all the time if they were good.” The actor added, “If the one or two a year that happen don’t, for whatever reason, cast me in a role, I’m not going to lose sleep over it because I wasn’t one of 50 people in ‘Oppenheimer.’ I mean, it looks cool, but to me, unless you’re playing Oppenheimer, I don’t want to be in that movie [laughs]. Unless it’s my friend’s movie, and then I’ll do a scene or pop up.”

Head over to The Daily Beast’s website to read Dorff’s interview in its entirety.

He sounds like an upset D.C. fanboy that's ready to go "post office" :itsawrap:

hqdefault.jpg

"STOP IT D.C. .....just stop it!!! ....Relax
... relax and go to sleep... good girl...
goooood girl"

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
He sounds like an upset D.C. fanboy that's ready to go "post office" :itsawrap:

hqdefault.jpg

"STOP IT D.C. .....just stop it!!! ....Relax
... relax and go to sleep... good girl...
goooood girl"
what da matter? Is the little nerd triggered? Little geek is mad because other people don't like his precious marble moobies? You gonna cry over someone else's opinions little dork ? Don't waste time responding I'm putting you back on ignore as soon as I post this

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
what da matter? Is the little nerd triggered? Little geek is mad because other people don't like his precious marble moobies? You gonna cry over someone else's opinions little dork ? Don't waste time responding I'm putting you back on ignore as soon as I post this
  1. You got me on ignore
  2. you're in multiple threads calling everyone nerds.... yet you live in the comic book threads
  3. Fuck off rooty tooty fresh n fruily Florida faggot
  4. I triggered a faggot..... bet you got a Wonder Woman costune
:cheers:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
he can talk tho....blade arguably ushered in this era of comic book movies...

This is true about Blade 100%

but he need to chill

Stephen ain't the writer director producer lead actor or create the source material

He would leap jump soread out watusi pepper seed at an offer from dc or marvel

Last edited:

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is true about Blade 100%

but he need to chill

Stephen ain't the writer director producer lead actor or create the source material

He would lead jump watusi pepper seed at an offer from dc or marvel

And for a guy who claims not give a shit about comic book movies, he sure seems to know a lot about what's going on.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't read it

This ain't new from him

Let a studio call him TOMORROW and he will get a damn Shazam tattoo on his forehead
but thats more a difference between taking a job and artist merit isnt it. You have to admit that not everything coming out of marvel or DC has been home runs...

Shit Avatar 2 just surpassed Infinity War...is it a better movie??

‘Avatar 2’ Rises To No. 5 On All-Time Global Chart; Will It Overtake ‘Titanic’ Next?

After that, can the filmmaker’s Way of Water beat his own Titanic? Through Wednesday, Way of Water is about $135M away, and is expected to pass the tragic story of Rose and Jack. However, there’s an asterisk here since Paramount is doing a Titanic global rerelease in time for Valentine’s Day — so, maybe it’s a jockeying as we saw not too long ago with Avengers: Endgame and the original Avatar .

We’ll see how things shake out over the coming days, but there’s no denying that WoW (and its predecessors like Top Gun: Maverick and others) are giving everyone a reason to go back to the movies

At the international box office, Way of Water currently stands as the 4th highest-grossing release of all time with $1,451.3M.

On Wednesday, Way of Water added $7.8M overseas where its top markets are: China ( $232.8M), France ($132.2M), Germany ($118.5M), Korea ($100.7M), the UK ($82.8M), India ($58.2M), Australia ($56.4M), Mexico ($52M), Spain ($47.5M) and Italy ($45.6M).

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Marvel comics fans don't give a shit bout mcu movie critics.We Been waiting to see these characters brought to life on the big screen.,who the fuck checkin for some damn Stephen dorf? I've never ever thought wow Stephen dorf really helped the blade movies Become so memorable.Fuck that dude.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
but thats more a difference between taking a job and artist merit isnt it. You have to admit that not everything coming out of marvel or DC has been home runs...

Shit Avatar 2 just surpassed Infinity War...is it a better movie??

‘Avatar 2’ Rises To No. 5 On All-Time Global Chart; Will It Overtake ‘Titanic’ Next?

After that, can the filmmaker’s Way of Water beat his own Titanic? Through Wednesday, Way of Water is about $135M away, and is expected to pass the tragic story of Rose and Jack. However, there’s an asterisk here since Paramount is doing a Titanic global rerelease in time for Valentine’s Day — so, maybe it’s a jockeying as we saw not too long ago with Avengers: Endgame and the original Avatar .

We’ll see how things shake out over the coming days, but there’s no denying that WoW (and its predecessors like Top Gun: Maverick and others) are giving everyone a reason to go back to the movies

At the international box office, Way of Water currently stands as the 4th highest-grossing release of all time with $1,451.3M.

On Wednesday, Way of Water added $7.8M overseas where its top markets are: China ( $232.8M), France ($132.2M), Germany ($118.5M), Korea ($100.7M), the UK ($82.8M), India ($58.2M), Australia ($56.4M), Mexico ($52M), Spain ($47.5M) and Italy ($45.6M).

But bro please listen to what your saying...

What studio ONLY HAS HOMERUNS???

Even Pixar who was undefeated had so called flops

And what metrics we using?

Cause one Disney "flop" is a career defining success anywhere else.

Last couple Friday the 13 movies been bad...

All horror is trash now?

But scream a success.

Marvel compared to DC...

Who doing better?

Disney and DC got Oscar nominations and wins.

But that don't count cause awards only count or matter when it fits someone's narrative?

Same for box office?

Of course you can criticize that's your right.

But his position is bullsh*t. And smacks of desperation and attention seeking.

All them old directors are backtracking now too

Why?

Cause their grandkids are all looking at them like they old suckers.

And there agents reminding them they ain't THAT rich to be spitting in the machine's face.

Feige aka kiss my gauntlet

Zaslav aka the axe man

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But bro please listen to what your saying...

What studio ONLY HAS HOMERUNS???

Even Pixar who was undefeated had so called flops

And what metrics we using?

Cause one Disney "flop" is a career defining success anywhere else.

Last couple Friday the 13 movies been bad...

All horror is trash now?

But scream a success.

Marvel compared to DC...

Who doing better?

Disney and DC got Oscar nominations and wins.

But that don't count cause awards only count or matter when it fits someone's narrative?

Same for box office?

Of course you can criticize that's your right.

But his position is bullsh*t. And smacks of desperation and attention seeking.

All them old directors are backtracking now too

Why?

Cause their grandkids are all looking at them like they old suckers.

And there agents reminding them they ain't THAT rich to be spitting in the machine's face.

Feige aka kiss my gauntlet

Zaslav aka the axe man
whay you think of tiffany H flick..I like how she's quietly building a diverse filmography. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
whay you think of tiffany H flick..I like how she's quietly building a diverse filmography. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can honestly say I dint think I've ever watched a movie she was involved in.

Wait a minute I think she played a teacher in a kevin hart movie. I saw that. I was kinda amused.

So I don't feel qualified to speak on it

But what clips etc I have seen?

She is rather one note.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anybody who says they're a fan of Marvel comic books and a fan of Marvel movies. I'd seriously have to question them as a reader of Marvel Comics since 1982 most of the shit that Marvel has put out recently I would have to agree with Stephen Dorff. Shit is trash.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes. Everyone does.
If I am watching a movie for the first time how would I know I enjoyed it, unless I watch it from beginning to end.

But most dudes who have a gf do it way more often then single guys.

Ok I didn't understand your point, my bad.

Of course of course that's common sense

I'm saying for example.

If you don't like Kevin hart. Don't watch his movies. And you really can't complain.

If you don't like woody Allen? Don't watch.

If you don't like super hero movies? Or Marvel movies don't watch.

This ain't directed at you specific bro.

I just don't understand investing in your own misery.

Of course i would hope we all WANT to enjoy ourselves and part of that is avoiding stuff we don't need to experience.

*But we do have hate watching now, I digress.

I like super hero movies. All of them. So I watch them. All of them. Don't mean they all good.

DC had a bunch of bad movies so did Sony and I'm see that many think Marvel did/ does.

It's all a matter of opinion. But what confuses me is people need to justify their personal opinion and make it FACT.

you can like something and say why that's cool. But now we have so much incel trolling disingenuous conspiracy theory bullsh*t to try to make their dislike MORE than just an opinion.

And if you GOING INTO AN EXPERIENCE with a negative attitude? Why go?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok I didn't understand your point, my bad.

Of course of course that's common sense

I'm saying for example.

If you don't like Kevin hart. Don't watch his movies. And you really can't complain.

If you don't like woody Allen? Don't watch.

If you don't like super hero movies? Or Marvel movies don't watch.

This ain't directed at you specific bro.

I just don't understand investing in your own misery.

Of course i would hope we all WANT to enjoy ourselves and part of that is avoiding stuff we don't need to experience.

*But we do have hate watching now, I digress.

I like super hero movies. All of them. So I watch them. All of them. Don't mean they all good.

DC had a bunch of bad movies so did Sony and I'm see that many think Marvel did/ does.

It's all a matter of opinion. But what confuses me is people need to justify their personal opinion and make it FACT.

you can like something and say why that's cool. But now we have so much incel trolling disingenuous conspiracy theory bullsh*t to try to make their dislike MORE than just an opinion.

And if you GOING INTO AN EXPERIENCE with a negative attitude? Why go?
I think in regards to this..that dorff does like superhero movies..I think he's seen a bunch and wasn't impressed. If thats the case then he is uniquely equipped to have an informed opinion on the subject because he did a superhero movie that blazed a trail and knows the BTS of how stories like that are developed.

so if he calls BS on the works in the genre he can do that moreso than any film critique.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think in regards to this..that dorff does like superhero movies..I think he's seen a bunch and wasn't impressed. If thats the case then he is uniquely equipped to have an informed opinion on the subject because he did a superhero movie that blazed a trail and knows the BTS of how stories like that are developed.

so if he calls BS on the works in the genre he can do that moreso than any film critique.

We disagree because you believe he is being honest and genuine

I don't

Because this isn't new

He been saying this for YEARS

So now it just smacks of attention whoring

If over the last 5 years plus you honestly expect me to believe he never saw a good super hero movie

That is a HIM problem

Tell him to stop investing in your own misery. Write your own super hero movie. Or just stop talking about it.

Also him being in that first blade don't make him a super hero movie expert by any means.

So garret Morris should get an honorary degree in all super hero movies, entomology and quantum mechanics.

Last edited: