Amir Khan: I Know I Can Outbox, Hurt Lamont Peterson

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I would argue the Ortiz fight made me take notice that Peterson is getting better and putting it all out there. Just in case he was having a couple of "Rahman" nights were everything aligned for him... he should smart. Khan has to break bread, people watch his fights and if Peterson can look even better the second time... his stock will be through the roof. There is really no reason to pull a JMM and fight a Chris John.
:yes:

But he's going to end up like Ortiz in his last fights at 140 if he insists on trying to fight as a jr welterweight. When you're struggling to make weight, you're fighting in the wrong division. He's got two money fights right in front of him if he makes the right decisions: Khan and Ortiz.

merce77

Star
Registered
I would argue the Ortiz fight made me take notice that Peterson is getting better and putting it all out there. Just in case he was having a couple of "Rahman" nights were everything aligned for him... he should smart. Khan has to break bread, people watch his fights and if Peterson can look even better the second time... his stock will be through the roof. There is really no reason to pull a JMM and fight a Chris John.

He didn't show the urgency and hunger he showed in this fight. Skills is not enough at all - fighters HAVE to have some Arturo Gatti in them. He boxed well in the Ortiz fight but was dropped twice and looked content to just box here and there. On Saturday dude found another gear.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
He didn't show the urgency and hunger he showed in this fight. Skills is not enough at all - fighters HAVE to have some Arturo Gatti in them. He boxed well in the Ortiz fight but was dropped twice and looked content to just box here and there. On Saturday dude found another gear.

Yeah, he was in Khan's chest for this fight. That may have to do with him not respecting Khan's power in comparison to Ortiz but he definitely fought a better fight.

merce77

Star
Registered
Yeah, he was in Khan's chest for this fight. That may have to do with him not respecting Khan's power in comparison to Ortiz but he definitely fought a better fight.

I'm not so sure - because he fought that same kind of fight against Bradley, whose punches are like being slapped with a wet noodle.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I'm not so sure - because he fought that same kind of fight against Bradley, whose punches are like being slapped with a wet noodle.

Yeah but Bradley is shorter and that big, hard ass head was in his way. The fists didn't do much damage but that gatdamn head had him shook.