America should have listened to Jimmy Carter on Energy in 1977

troutwine

Banned
This is a good post. I'm plan to buy some solar panels next years as soon as I get the money.

I also plan to open some laundrymats and drycleaners businesses...and I want to setup some water harvesting shit, and pass it through an osmosis/filtering system, instead of dealing with a water company.

You can save alot of money using the earths resources.

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
Re: America should have listened to Jimmy Carter on Energyin 1977

eewwll please explain to these idiots talkin that shit that cd-rom players/recorders for the computer were upwards of $1,500.00 back in early 90's. Should they have stopped makin them bitches because they cost so much back then when they first hit the market? How much is a cd burner now?lol Mufuckas been talkin bout the initial cost of solar panels for decades but there are examples all over the world where the initial investment pays off in the long run and entire cities are run by solar power.

I'll raise you a decade. In 1980, a whopping 10MB, I repeat, 10MB hard drive retailed for a little under 4 grand. That's refurbished by the way.

look_back.jpg

nyyyyce

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'll raise you a decade. In 1980, a whopping 10MB, I repeat, 10MB hard drive retailed for a little under 4 grand. That's refurbished by the way.

look_back.jpg
It's funny, when it is PROFITABLE, to price gouge its acceptable. When It is not in the interest of of a few holding the power it is unwise and ill conceived. We "should" have been off oil a while ago.

MegaDell

Star
Registered

America fucked up making a system 100% dependable on a resource we don't really have.

DaleMabry

Star
Registered

Carter's greatest mistake was appointing Bush as CIA chief under his term.

He fucked himself on that one. Take careful note, Senator Obama.

Dont let your bipartisanship fuck you over, too.

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor

Carter's greatest mistake was appointing Bush as CIA chief under his term.

He fucked himself on that one. Take careful note, Senator Obama.

Dont let your bipartisanship fuck you over, too.

Ford brought Bush the Elder in as DCI. He was gone on the day of Carter's inauguration 12 noon. He begged for the job though.

DaleMabry

Star
Registered

You are right my bad.

In his capacity as DCI, Bush gave national security briefings to Jimmy Carter both as a Presidential candidate and as President-elect, and discussed the possibility of remaining in that position in a Carter administration[21] but it was not to be.

I knew he was CIA chief in the late 70s but didnt realize he stepped off once Jimmy took office.

I def. think he planned that October Surprise though.

money24

Support BGOL
Registered
He had the vision and mofos didn't listen. Now we're all fucked!

Shit I wasn't even born yet but I'm pissed because when a person of political stature such as a president says something like this should not be taken lightly because he gets info from the best of the best and they know what they're talkin about 9 times out of 10...:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

DoubleD

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Stop buying imported Oil...Use all of our own oil until it's all gone...Then we will come up with the best alternative to petroleum based fuel products...

By necessity..we will create one of the best controllable fuel sources ever known to mankind...

Until then...We are being PIMPED by OPEC!

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Stop buying imported Oil...Use all of our own oil until it's all gone...

We have enough oil (reserves) to last about short period of time (if not using any other source). That's not possible and also using our strategic reserves would leave up vulnerable.. economically, politically, etc. Tanking out the strategic reserves is a bad idea

Kazoo

Star
Registered
very interesting read - hopefully its not too late to enact an effective alternative energy program

Kryptonite 23

Potential Star
Registered
You guys realize we won't get off oil until the oil companies milk every last reserve
until its dry??? Jimmy was right but folks hate him with a passion; won't give
any credit, probably never will. Alternative fuels are out there but greed is blinding the
judgement of the people running this country (Big corporations).