Amanda Seales joins Shannon Sharpe at Club Shay Shay

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I’m going to say this again….. she do has a slight mental issue but at the same time she could have been through some shit when she was younger, especially with the racism and that shit affects people in a different way, especially black women. But on the flipside, she can’t throw her own people under the bus constantly because that shit will come back and bite her in the ass.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I'll preface my comments by saying that I have not watched/ listened to this whole interview.

So if my comments are wrong, please someone let me know.

Amanda says she is well informed, intelligent, a leader....etc right? But all someone has to do to influence her is ask her a question, then before she answers throw a negative comment/ spin on it and automatically now her answer is negative.
As many interviews/ discussions as she has been apart of publicly and privately...... thats all it takes to get her "beside herself?!"
(because thats what she's insinuating, that SS had her responding outsode of her normal self......?)

Now I may have this wrong, didn't Unc try to give her a hug near the beginning and she said no, she's not fake/phoney?! She alluded to the point that she had to work up to that comfort level with him?..... and by the end of interview, she did in fact hug him?! In fact didn't SHE ask for the hug near the end?!!

Yet he was mistreating and manipulating her for that whole interview/ day?!!

Make it make sense!!

You pretty much got the gist of it.

She has a sense of victimhood. It's common for today. Everybody is gaslighting and a narcissist. People who spend a lot of time on the internet reading negative things or letting people diagnose them. I find it weird since she's in her 40's. It's more of a Gen Z thing.

It was some truth in what she said about Shannon though. I think she thought she came off worse than she did, and wanted to get ahead of it by going after the presenter.

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Real talk, if you want to know the real reason some people don't fuck with Amanda, all you have to do is listen to the story about how she got pulled to the side about calling somebody a nigga on the set of Insecure.

When she told that story there were some things about it that didn't sit right with me:
  1. If you offended a cat, it doesn't matter what you intended by the statement - she called her comment a compliment. It also doesn't matter that the word is commonly used on the show - I've watched every episode and she is correct. To that person, you made an offensive comment and he needed to be treated like you would want to if the situation was reversed.
  2. Her claim to have no power to affect the environment on the set of Insecure. On a set, the power dynamic basically goes like this: Show Runner, Director, On-Screen stars, on-screen regulars, AV crew, extras. She was part of that on-screen regular talent. That means that to those below her on the tier, she could get them fired. So, she had rank.
  3. The whole story sounded like some old school white executive dude having to apologize for saying someone was out of their cotton picking minds to a black person. She was very unapologetic and as a mater of fact said that she should have called dude a bitch. To me that shit felt off brand for a feminist activist and black advocate.
That kind of tone deaf shit is prolly why some people in the industry don't fuck with her. Just saying.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Real talk, if you want to know the real reason some people don't fuck with Amanda, all you have to do is listen to the story about how she got pulled to the side about calling somebody a nigga on the set of Insecure.

When she told that story there were some things about it that didn't sit right with me:
  1. If you offended a cat, it doesn't matter what you intended by the statement - she called her comment a compliment. It also doesn't matter that the word is commonly used on the show - I've watched every episode and she is correct. To that person, you made an offensive comment and he needed to be treated like you would want to if the situation was reversed.
  2. Her claim to have no power to affect the environment on the set of Insecure. On a set, the power dynamic basically goes like this: Show Runner, Director, On-Screen stars, on-screen regulars, AV crew, extras. She was part of that on-screen regular talent. That means that to those below her on the tier, she could get them fired. So, she had rank.
  3. The whole story sounded like some old school white executive dude having to apologize for saying someone was out of their cotton picking minds to a black person. She was very unapologetic and as a mater of fact said that she should have called dude a bitch. To me that shit felt off brand for a feminist activist and black advocate.
That kind of tone deaf shit is prolly why some people in the industry don't fuck with her. Just saying.

^^^^^

100% bars of uncut truth

I used the same exact example earlier

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I caught that same thing. She seems like she doesn't get the other people part and their feelings and interactions. That might be the autistic part she claims, and now is using as a shield.

As someone who doesn't like or use the N word. I feel the same way.

Earlier in the show she asked Shannon if she could call him that, so I don't know if that was her having learned from the incident or her being condescending.

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I caught that same thing. She seems like she doesn't get the other people part and their feelings and interactions. That might be the autistic part she claims, and now is using as a shield.

As someone who doesn't like or use the N word. I feel the same way.

Earlier in the show she asked Shannon if she could call him that, so I don't know if that was her having learned from the incident or her being condescending.
Ok. then this shit. She turned right around and flamed not only the interview, but also Shannon! That shit was just disappointing because I didn't hear him do anything that he hasn't done with anyone else and she makes herself a total victim.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She did this podcast last year......

She wasn't combative, she seemed self aware of flaws, and she even complimented Marc on having good energy.

She seemed almost humbled by his extensive comedy/ hollywood experience.

Maybe she actually respected him. Marc only had 2 notes written down according to him, but he did seem attentive and after doing this pod for 10+ years he's really good at follow up questions.....

It may not have hurt that he kind of kissed her ass about the special she released earlier that year (2023). So maybe flattery works on her.

Regardless of what the factors were, her demeanor during and actions afterwards were vastly different from her interview on Shay Shay

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck what everybody talking about that woman is fine as wine funny and smart. If I see her in public she getting pulled. I ain't in to all that gossipy woman shit so she can beef with who she want I don't give a FUCK. lol I got your back just let me hit it from the back. lol

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She did this podcast last year......

She wasn't combative, she seemed self aware of flaws, and she even complimented Marc on having good energy.

She seemed almost humbled by his extensive comedy/ hollywood experience.

Maybe she actually respected him. Marc only had 2 notes written down according to him, but he did seem attentive and after doing this pod for 10+ years he's really good at follow up questions.....

It may not have hurt that he kind of kissed her ass about the special she released earlier that year (2023). So maybe flattery works on her.

Regardless of what the factors were, her demeanor during and actions afterwards were vastly different from her interview on Shay Shay

Yeah her energy was different in the breakfast club interview, Karen Hunter interviews...pretty much every other interview...imo
actually her energy shifted within that shannon Sharpe interview..early she was a lil testy and annoyed and became much more comfortable as it went on

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I like showing the shop but the interview he did with Gary Owens was a little bit eye-opening and I noticed something that rubbed me the wrong way. Shannon, I think you need to take a little break.