African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
I know we're supposed to be all optimistic, but I can't be. We've had Civil Rights Bills, Voting Rights Bills, Affirmative Action, Busing, NAACP, Urban League, United Negro College Funds, Wealthy Blacks, Government Contracts specifically for Black Business and Barack Obama.

Yet, the only business that we have in the black community is salons. We've even lost our Soul Food restaurants to other foreigners that serve our food. I remember back in the 70s having black grocery stores, black gas stations, etc.

The white community deserves a lot of the blame, but since they aren't going to fix the problem we have to. But we aren't. As a people we're so full of shit. Many of our black elite are marrying white. Blacks that have moved up the corporate ladder are doing little to get others there. Just driving through Newark recently I had cats bracing up at me.

I have an online business that I keep faceless because I know I'd lose business.

Giving Up!

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
You are absolutely right and to your point, I am in agreeance, the college/ university education system is a business and does not fully operate in the best interest of the students. Period. Under the cloak of anonymity, I assure you that my executive meetings at the university are almost identical to the meetings I have with my healthcare organization. Both are concerned with increasing margins, increasing volume, and appealing to the consumer. The only difference, one deals with students the other deals with patients. However, your point where I must politely push back is regarding who is at fault. Your example regarding the con artists. If I make you aware of the con artist and you still choose to play three-card monte, you have to take ownership of your decision. Trust me, there are not many American born black college freshmen at most institutions. So, I usually have an opportunity to speak to 95% of all of them at some point during the year, either individually or within small groups. From my experience, which is not indicative to all black American students, is that most believe that STEM majors and the courses required to complete the degree are too difficult and that they are just not smart enough. Many graduate with college algebra being the highest level of math. Conversely, the African, Caribbean, and other non-American blacks, STEM is expected, similar to Asian students. So, yes, I quite often get mad at the kid. But I am also mad at the parents, the school system, and the employers. There is no one person to blame for this predicament black folks are in. However, with the risk of sounding harsh, we can not continue to wait for the system to change. We are a great people who have accomplished remarkable feats since the beginning of time. We have to get our shit together. The system has little to do with not going to class (high school and college). the system has little to do with fucking up our own neighborhoods. The system has little to do with current self-inflicted negative health outcomes (smoking, HIV/ AIDS, etc.). I do blame the system for tricking our youth into believing that they were not meant for greatness and deceiving them about not being the true rulers of this planet with the ability to literally do anything they put their minds to. The concocted negative image of black Americans has plagued the minds of both black and non-blacks in a very similar manner.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I know we're supposed to be all optimistic, but I can't be. We've had Civil Rights Bills, Voting Rights Bills, Affirmative Action, Busing, NAACP, Urban League, United Negro College Funds, Wealthy Blacks, Government Contracts specifically for Black Business and Barack Obama.

Yet, the only business that we have in the black community is salons. We've even lost our Soul Food restaurants to other foreigners that serve our food. I remember back in the 70s having black grocery stores, black gas stations, etc.

The white community deserves a lot of the blame, but since they aren't going to fix the problem we have to. But we aren't. As a people we're so full of shit. Many of our black elite are marrying white. Blacks that have moved up the corporate ladder are doing little to get others there. Just driving through Newark recently I had cats bracing up at me.

I have an online business that I keep faceless because I know I'd lose business.

Giving Up!
I can't say they do. We as a people have to accept a great deal of that blame because we failed for the integration game (among other games). We failed to maintain what little wealth was passed onto us, we failed to (or gave up) ownership of our neighborhoods, businesses, etc...
People are now complaining about gentrification but gentrification is happening mostly in places/neighborhoods where the current occupants don't own shit. Charters schools are taking over our neighborhood schools because of the failure of many of the parents who send their kid/s to school ill prepared to learn. Yet those same parents want to blame the teachers for not being able to get them to learn.

Black folk need to have a superior complex and stop trying to be the moral saviors of society. We did our part and now it's time to get ours.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Bruh you are living in the past. A simple degree will not simply open up does for you. The vast majority of people with or without degrees aren't making 6 figures and simply having a liberal arts degree isn't going to cut it and a job (or career) with At&T (or any other company) is not solid. These corporation need less and less people every year and that is why they do mass firings.
All the people I know who have blue collar/construction jobs are making between 70k all the way up to 200k a year.

You completely missed the point.

Most jobs that are government regulated (and that is in fact most big companies) will have higher positions that have a degree as a requirement.

Any work is good work. That said, the majority of those jobs are fall backs. We shouldn't aim for the fall backs.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
jesus.
the institution is only doing what the institution has always done. thats like getting bit by a snake and being mad at the snake for being a snake.

you know who HAS the power to change the line of thinking OUR youth have in picking a major?
mom
dad
grandma
grandpa
uncle
autie
etc.

but nope, we’d rather shake our fist at ‘the institution’ when the change we’re seeking is within our own culture.
So let's remove the word college and put pedo instead... So since your kid was born you hoped that 1 day your kid goes join a pedo... Throughout their youth you encourage to do well in school to eventually seek out a good pedo... You tell them if you want to be something in life you got to deal with a pedo for 4 yrs... There's brocheures, commercials, and all type of promotion for pedos... Than when your kid gets older they actually join a pedo... Than when your kid gets molested and raped and their future doesn't pan out like they were promised... We get mad at the kid for trusting the pedo after yrs of brainwashing and not the actual pedo? Interesting concept... Yet people on this board said for our people to progress more of of our kids need to seek out pedos... Yep I definitely can see how this will turnout

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Giving Up!
Didnt they drop a bomb on a black community and introduced crack cocaine to black neighbourhoods in our recent history?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Giving Up!
Last time I check black people weren't the only people spending money in this world.. Last time I check every business doesn't openly tell you what nationality owns it.. There are black bizz in white areas, Latin areas, asian areas etc... Not every bizz is announced and not every bizz is catered to 1 demographic... I already said I know a black man that owns various cac sports bars in variety of states and makes 9 figs a yr doing so... He doesn't announce he's a millionaire or the owner... There are various black construction company owners that are millionaires once again they don't announce it... Online has open the door to many entrepreneurs also and not everybody is here look at me individuals... Most bizz owners aren't they like to stay low for various reasons 1 being wolves and 2 being beggars... It's way more minority owners than people will ever know... People just assume if someone don't announce it or the business historically different from what is expected from us it can't be black people that own it

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
So let's remove the word college and put pedo instead... So since your kid was born you hoped that 1 day your kid goes join a pedo... Throughout their youth you encourage to do well in school to eventually seek out a good pedo... You tell them if you want to be something in life you got to deal with a pedo for 4 yrs... There's brocheures, commercials, and all type of promotion for pedos... Than when your kid gets older they actually join a pedo... Than when your kid gets molested and raped and their future doesn't pan out like they were promised... We get mad at the kid for trusting the pedo after yrs of brainwashing and not the actual pedo? Interesting concept... Yet people on this board said for our people to progress more of of our kids need to seek out pedos... Yep I definitely can see how this will turnout

brainwashing?

BRAINwashing?

who has more control or influence over the child?

the college/ pedo
or the family unit?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Your gross and repeated misuse of the word "than" instead of "then" might have single-handedly proved why education is so important.

lol!! Just kiddin, bro. Just trying to lighten the mood.

But seriously, your hypothetic scenario where you replaced "college" with "pedo" is invalid on so many levels. I think we would agree that all pedos are bad and that some people do go to college and do well, so some colleges are good. However, your argument would have to assume that you are implying that colleges are completely evil and no one has ever benefited from going to college. Or implying that some pedos are good. I understand that you were simply trying to make your point so, it would be unfair to assume either of those options. Let's just agree that your argument has flaws. Nonetheless, I do understand the point you are trying to make. I agree parents are just as liable(if not more) regarding the poor judgments students make when navigating higher education. In addition, I also agree that universities should be more ethical regarding majors and career placement. But this is not going to happen, because education is a business. However, we can be smart and use the system to our advantage. One cannot dispute that having an army of doctors, nurses, scientists, programmers, etc is a bad thing. I agree with you regarding getting everyone's money, not just black dollars. However, we have to learn to manage or businesses successfully as well as broaden our scope regarding types of businesses. I do not want to support black business. I want to support GOOD black business. To this point, a black man cannot become the CEO of a company or even a VP without education. It is not fair, but it is the reality.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
brainwashing?

BRAINwashing?

who has more control or influence over the child?

the college/ pedo
or the family unit?
Don't people blame media, social media, imagery for all the wrong doings? Now when a trusted institute uses scam tactics on the naive it's the family fault... Don't some occupations require college credits or a degree of some kind in order to work? Did the family push that requirement or the institution and occupation? I'm pretty sure most family members would love their children to get high paying jobs or have a bizzness straight out of highschool... Unfortunately it's not up to the family to give easy access to those jobs that have certain requirements... So once again wouldn't the trusted institute that runs scams have more power than the family?

As far as brainwashing goes im an 80s baby I know all about military commercials and the American negro college fund commercial being pushed multiple times A day during morning and afternoon cartoons... "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" where the commercial pretty much said if you don't go to college u'll become homeless or a crackhead... They ran these commercials prob like 6 times a day at least... Subliminally a child will see this and go I need to go to school or my life will become shit... On the other hand the "all you can be" army commercial showed will save you from that failure if you train and kill for america... I could go more deep into this brainwashing s hit the media pulled on my generation with all those subliminal messages... It was either be in depth going to school or go kill for amerikkka... Where were the alternative options outside of that commercials?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Your gross and repeated misuse of the word "than" instead of "then" might have single-handedly proved why education is so important.

lol!! Just kiddin, bro. Just trying to lighten the mood.

But seriously, your hypothetic scenario where you replaced "college" with "pedo" is invalid on so many levels. I think we would agree that all pedos are bad and that some people do go to college and do well, so some colleges are good. However, your argument would have to assume that you are implying that colleges are completely evil and no one has ever benefited from going to college. Or implying that some pedos are good. I understand that you were simply trying to make your point so, it would be unfair to assume either of those options. Let's just agree that your argument has flaws. Nonetheless, I do understand the point you are trying to make. I agree parents are just as liable(if not more) regarding the poor judgments students make when navigating higher education. In addition, I also agree that universities should be more ethical regarding majors and career placement. But this is not going to happen, because education is a business. However, we can be smart and use the system to our advantage. One cannot dispute that having an army of doctors, nurses, scientists, programmers, etc is a bad thing. I agree with you regarding getting everyone's money, not just black dollars. However, we have to learn to manage or businesses successfully as well as broaden our scope regarding types of businesses. I do not want to support black business. I want to support GOOD black business. To this point, a black man cannot become the CEO of a company or even a VP without education. It is not fair, but it is the reality.
once again what does educated mean? If a person takes those college books reads them and comprehends the curriculum without having to step into an institution is he considered educated? As far as the pedo theme it was to point out that certain curriculum in college is bullshit as ya said and you cannot blame a naive kid for taking them since they are spoon fed how much college is needed to progress... You can't hype up the necessity and importance of degrees than get mad at a child when they choose 1 that a trusted institute has that is a scam... Yes certain curriculum is needed it is also good to see more black folks in certain fields.. But I'm also not mad if a kid doesn't choose those certain fields or if a kid skip the whole process and choose an alternative occupation where college isn't needed... B4 colleges existed there were smart, wise, educated people... Let's not make college the end all to be all that represents the term "educated".. Knowledge comes in all forms and just because you have a degree it doesn't means you the smartest person in the room

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Last reply for the evening...

Yes, I do blame the child when I or another faculty member has counseled, advised, and pleaded with them to consider STEM and not the BS majors. Regarding education, you have to acknowledge that there are barriers in place that require you to have a piece of paper saying you are qualified. BS? Yes. But it is what it is. Yes, you can learn anything from the web and libraries. But, would you go see a doctor, or healthcare provider who told you he or she learned everything they needed to know from Youtube? No you wouldn't. Or better yet, would you trust the wellbeing of your mother, wife, or children with this person? Of course not.

You have this strong belief that no one has attended college or served in the military and benefited. I may be bias, my grandfather, father and I all served in the military. We all used the military to advance our family. We all bought homes with acres of land using VA Loans. I went to school using the G.I. Bill. Listing my vet status opens so many doors for me and my family. I served as a medic, so no I didn't kill for "Amerikkka." My point being, I do advise parents regularly about sending their child to the military. Some of them really needed the discipline and structure. I am also an 80's baby and I saw what crack dd to the black folk in my city. I have more childhood friends that are either dead, locked up, been locked up, or just barely making it. The military could have helped all of them. You can be a medic (like I did), lawyer, cook, engineer, computers, etc. In fact, most jobs are non-combat. My point, just like college, the military is definitely an option for some.

I think you and I are somewhat on the same page. We want the best for our people, especially our youth. We agree that students taking BS majors is horrible and leads to a path to nowhere filled with debt. We agree that there are many jobs that do not require a college degree. But, where we differ is accepting and understanding that the children are unwilling to pursue those jobs. I know this to be fact. I go to the area technology institute on a monthly basis. And the ones that are there, many want to be barbers. Damn, I know being a barber is a good profession, but damn.

Despite you knowing a few people with businesses and a few people who are skilled workers doing well, the fact remains the vast majority of American black people are not doing well. Go to the projects and sit on the parking lot for an hour. Go to the downtown ED on the weekend and sit in the lobby. Go to the local courthouse and sit in a few cases. As a whole, we are in a bad place.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
When I ask you why parties that only exist to terrorize and oppress black people would ever give trillions of dollars in reparations to black people, crickets.

This is the one they never seem to be able to answer.

They hate you and are evil incarnate -YET you ACTUALLY believe that they'll kindly write you a check? They can't even begin to explain this delusion :rolleyes2:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Last reply for the evening...

Yes, I do blame the child when I or another faculty member has counseled, advised, and pleaded with them to consider STEM and not the BS majors. Regarding education, you have to acknowledge that there are barriers in place that require you to have a piece of paper saying you are qualified. BS? Yes. But it is what it is. Yes, you can learn anything from the web and libraries. But, would you go see a doctor, or healthcare provider who told you he or she learned everything they needed to know from Youtube? No you wouldn't. Or better yet, would you trust the wellbeing of your mother, wife, or children with this person? Of course not.

You have this strong belief that no one has attended college or served in the military and benefited. I may be bias, my grandfather, father and I all served in the military. We all used the military to advance our family. We all bought homes with acres of land using VA Loans. I went to school using the G.I. Bill. Listing my vet status opens so many doors for me and my family. I served as a medic, so no I didn't kill for "Amerikkka." My point being, I do advise parents regularly about sending their child to the military. Some of them really needed the discipline and structure. I am also an 80's baby and I saw what crack dd to the black folk in my city. I have more childhood friends that are either dead, locked up, been locked up, or just barely making it. The military could have helped all of them. You can be a medic (like I did), lawyer, cook, engineer, computers, etc. In fact, most jobs are non-combat. My point, just like college, the military is definitely an option for some.

I think you and I are somewhat on the same page. We want the best for our people, especially our youth. We agree that students taking BS majors is horrible and leads to a path to nowhere filled with debt. We agree that there are many jobs that do not require a college degree. But, where we differ is accepting and understanding that the children are unwilling to pursue those jobs. I know this to be fact. I go to the area technology institute on a monthly basis. And the ones that are there, many want to be barbers. Damn, I know being a barber is a good profession, but damn.

Despite you knowing a few people with businesses and a few people who are skilled workers doing well, the fact remains the vast majority of American black people are not doing well. Go to the projects and sit on the parking lot for an hour. Go to the downtown ED on the weekend and sit in the lobby. Go to the local courthouse and sit in a few cases. As a whole, we are in a bad place.
I never denied college was good for certain fields and I have plenty of family that went to military and benefitted... What I stAted is there's also other options besides those fields and know many people would of benefitted knowing about those options... Variety is the spice of life and when you present people with many opportunities u'll be surprised how people are better off.. I'm 39 and for more than 20 yrs in some form or fashion have been passing out info to others about diff career opportunities that aren't college required.. I been around the hoods or around unemployed individuals or people running the streets and provided info about opportunities that can help them generate money if they apply to it... I actually provided links on here various times about different career opportunities in nyc... I know more than a lil bit about changing individuals life or mindsets when you present them with an alternative occupation especially when they hear certain figures... Also when you can give them ideas on how to flip their money or upgrade there situstions.. Like I said I come from the city where college isn't necessarily a necessity to generate good money.. You juss have to provide the info to the uninformed... When you do so you can provoke change... I also know bizz owners who off the strength of me gave certain people chances no application needed and gave them a shot to work for them... There's a whole process to this progression s hit and you have to utilize every angle you can

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is the most valuable piece of information but let me add on to this as to what our move should be.

The U.S. housing market will soon see a “Silver Tsunami.”

As baby boomers reach their golden years, a growing number of homeowners across the country will pass away. And with their passing, these seniors will leave behind millions of homes. And millions more boomers will choose to sell their homes as they downsize or move to retirement living facilities.

In the decade between 2007 and 2017, around 730,000 homes hit the market that were previously owned by seniors each year. But that number is expected to grow exponentially over the next couple decades. Between 2017 and 2027, 920,000 homes will be released into the market each year by people aged 60 or older, according to a new analysis from real-estate company ZillowZG, +0.90% . By the decade between 2027 and 2037, the figure is project to hit 1.17 million homes a year.

All told, Zillow Z, +0.97% estimates that more than 27% of currently owner-occupied homes, around 20 million properties, across the U.S. will go up for sale by 2037 by virtue of a baby boomer dying or choosing to move to smaller home or retirement facility.

1 in 3 homes owned in America are owned by people over 60. Take a wild guess who's salivating at the mouth when these people kick the bucket & their kids/grandkids want nothing to do with the property?

Investors like myself and Wall street will be ready to snatch these properties. Why do you think mutual funds have been buying up properties like crazy the past 5 years.

I'm in negotiations to cop my 6th property from a baby boomer right now who needs bread and is in debt. I don't know about yall but I'm following the money...

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to know what do people mean by educated.. All things are run by a format and curriculum... Most of these things are found in books/teachers guide... If you get these books or the info inside these books and a person learns and comprehend the things without ever having to step into an institution are they considered educated?

You can cut the middleman out and just get the info for the most part

The way they have it designed, I can read and study a field and know everything about that career. Since I didnt pay the indoctrination center 100+k and dont have the paper stating Ive been completely indoctrinated by this center, I will never get the chance to work in that field.. One hell of an illusion we live in!!