African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Tex talks like a Caribbean American that grew up around liberal whites and got his perspective of Black America from them. I have several family members that own contracting businesses and work in construction that have done well for themselves. Its definitely a lucrative field that we're getting shut out of not by choice.
As do I,

There was an article I read a few months back (I'll search for it later) that said that basically they screen out all of Black applicants in tech, hence the 2% count, and only hire foreign Black coons at tech companies. Lil tex is fitting that description mightily

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I’m just going to leave this here. From the OP

Average income

Asians 81k
Everyone else 59k

If construction work is the key to wealth how the fuck are asians clearing 20k more a year that anyone else and they don’t do construction work at all...

By BGOL logic they should be the poorest people in the country out there being doctors, engineers and scientists when they can be laborers, be cause clearly, that’s where the money’s at.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm just sitting back amazed at lil tex obtuseness in this thread.
He really acting like the college debt crises isnt a huge thing right now lol
What amazes me is I believed he claimed he was from NYC in another thread.. If he really is than he should know this is 1 of the biggest states where college is not needed to succeed in this town.. With all these city jobs, blue collard jobs available... This city was built and run on blue collard jobs... We got tons of foreigners that came here and utilized these opportunities and made big money and progress off of them... Hell NYC is the blueprint of how these blue collard jobs open up doors for progression..to claim you from here and not peep the obvious on how this is 1 of the pathways to progression is mind boggling... That's why I said for him to try to downplay construction and other jobs like that is a wtf moment

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Tex talks like a Caribbean American that grew up around liberal whites and got his perspective of Black America from them. I have several family members that own contracting businesses and work in construction that have done well for themselves. Its definitely a lucrative field that we're getting shut out of not by choice.
The truth is there are a lot of things that we are getting shut out of by choice. There are just some jobs/careers/businesses/investments "we" believe aren't "for us."
Knowledge is the key to everything. You have to know that things exist and have to have the information about the things that exist.
I always point to as an example college entry exams. Well you had all these non black folk getting high scores. What was not known to black folk was that there were prep course for those examines and you could take them again and again but you could never go below your highest score.
The thing is now that this practice is known. How many black folk are taking advantage of that knowledge?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I disagree.

Theres a world of difference between a job and a career.

Those blue collar jobs dont last for everyone. The income and the hours arent stable. Its work when you can get it but only when you can get it.

That paper you hang on your wall... It can get you a career. Something you can really build your life on.

Not only that, lets say you work at some government job thats got nothing to do with your degree, that fact that you got your degree means the doors are open for you to where you wanna go.

Bruh you are wasting your time. The same people in this thread gonna be panicking when they’re told they don’t need any more bricklayers because machines got this.

This is the same mentality coal workers had cause coal will be around forever. I don’t need education. Look at all these coal jobs! Fast forward 10 years later, coal is done, and they don’t have any other skills because they banked everything on coal.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I disagree.

Theres a world of difference between a job and a career.

Those blue collar jobs dont last for everyone. The income and the hours arent stable. Its work when you can get it but only when you can get it.

That paper you hang on your wall... It can get you a career. Something you can really build your life on.

Not only that, lets say you work at some government job thats got nothing to do with your degree, that fact that you got your degree means the doors are open for you to where you wanna go.
In todays age those white collar jobs/careers are just as disposable as a foam cup.
I know more than a hand full of people in construction jobs and other skilled labor jobs/,careers that have had them for a longtime. In fact more than a few of them are legacy.
A simple college degree these days does not open doors for you. Today you need a specialized degree to have those doors opened up for you.

Last edited:

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
As do I,

There was an article I read a few months back (I'll search for it later) that said that basically they screen out all of Black applicants in tech, hence the 2% count, and only hire foreign Black coons at tech companies. Lil tex is fitting that description mightily
Here it is

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Average income

Asians 81k
Everyone else 59k

If construction work is the key to wealth how the fuck are asians clearing 20k more a year that anyone else and they don’t do construction work at all...

By BGOL logic they should be the poorest people in the country out there being doctors, engineers and scientists when they can be laborers, be cause clearly, that’s where the money’s at.
how many Asians do personal security? Yet there are dudes making $400 and better a day..just cause Asians don't do something doesn't mean it's profitable... Also if you want to keep it 1 hundred they not calculating all the illegal Asians in america... Notice this is census number which means the people they legally counted... There's millions of illegals living in america... Lot of those nail technician get paid shit, the 1s that work at resturants, beauty salons, etc... They aren't on paper so they don't calculate their money average... If you from NYC u'll know about all them undocumented motherfuckers living here... Living in them shitty over populated cribs... Ull know about them Asian ladies collecting bottles out the garbage can to recycle(I'm convinced that s hit is to fund the Asian mob)...if you went true statistics that number drops significantly

Reactions: BKF

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
As do I,

I’m a coon for saying black people can excel at school and do any job in the world, but you’re the one for the black cause saying black men should be plumbers and construction workers only.

Let that set in.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
how many Asians do personal security? Yet there are dudes making $400 and better a day..just cause Asians don't do something doesn't mean it's profitable... Also if you want to keep it 1 hundred they not calculating all the illegal Asians in america... Notice this is census number which means the people they legally counted... There's millions of illegals living in america... Lot of those nail technician get paid shit, the 1s that work at resturants, beauty salons, etc... They aren't on paper so they don't calculate their money average... If you from NYC u'll know about all them undocumented motherfuckers living here... Living in them shitty over populated cribs... Ull know about them Asian ladies collecting bottles out the garbage can to recycle(I'm convinced that s hit is to fund the Asian mob)...if you went true statistics that number drops significantly

Ok bruh. College and white college jobs are for suckers. Obama was an idiot getting those degrees and being president when he could have been working construction. Got it.

Shit is tiring. And at the end of the day, you can’t force anyone to want more than they want.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Just to add to your thought. Many of those Asians are foreign born and brought here through H 1b visas. That is where most of the Asian wealth exist.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh you are wasting your time. The same people in this thread gonna be panicking when they’re told they don’t need any more bricklayers because machines got this.

This is the same mentality coal workers had cause coal will be around forever. I don’t need education. Look at all these coal jobs! Fast forward 10 years later, coal is done, and they don’t have any other skills because they banked everything on coal.
Or the naive people that look down on certain jobs are gonna be shocked in the future when they find out jobs they look down upon make way more than they thought... People use to not think people who had cdl license that deliver potatoe chips and soda to store make real money than found out later these nigs making 6 figs a yr... People use to downplay cab drivers in nyc until they found out they were making 60-80,000 a yr sometimes more in the 90s... People downplayed nigs that were selling hot dogs in the street until people found out they were making 70,000 a yr back in the 90s, same with sanitation workers..nigs with geds clocking 6 figs a yr...hotel jobs..bartenders... Hell people still don't know some waiters make 6 figs a yr at certain restaurants... But guess what that's what happens when people assume, downplay, and are uninformed about the circulation of money for many careers

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ok bruh. College and white college jobs are for suckers. Obama was an idiot getting those degrees and being president when he could have been working construction. Got it.

Shit is tiring. And at the end of the day, you can’t force anyone to want more than they want.
I never said it was for suckers.. You do know it's different sectors of the military right? Land, sea, and air.. Why? Cause there's various ways to attack an opponent... You have a one dimensional mind.. Meanwhile we telling you it's various forms to generating money and attacking the problem... You going to war only with ground troopers and wondering why you getting slaughtered from diff angles... It's because when you have only 1 tactic u'll more likely to fail vs a versatile person... An "educated" man should know that

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Or the naive people that look down on certain jobs are gonna be shocked in the future when they find out jobs they look down upon make way more than they thought... People use to not think people who had cdl license that deliver potatoe chips and soda to store make real money than found out later these nigs making 6 figs a yr... People use to downplay cab drivers in nyc until they found out they were making 60-80,000 a yr sometimes more in the 90s... People downplayed nigs that were selling hot dogs in the street until people found out they were making 70,000 a yr back in the 90s, same with sanitation workers..nigs with geds clocking 6 figs a yr...hotel jobs..bartenders... Hell people still don't know some waiters make 6 figs a yr at certain restaurants... But guess what that's what happens when people assume, downplay, and are uninformed about the circulation of money for many careers
Man this one hot dog vendor dude was telling me how he sent all of his kids to college off that hot dog money. Mutherfuckers running around here selling icys/shaved ice (whatever you want to call them) making a great life for themselves. We most definitely have to be diverse in how we make our dollars.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I never said it was for suckers.. You do know it's different sectors of the military right? Land, sea, and air.. Why? Cause there's various ways to attack an opponent... You have a one dimensional mind.. Meanwhile we telling you it's various forms to generating money and attacking the problem... You going to war only with ground troopers and wondering why you getting slaughtered from diff angles... It's because when you have only 1 tactic u'll more likely to fail vs a versatile person... An "educated" man should know that

And I said there’s nothing wrong with taking a laborer job. I just think as a community our aim and aspiration should be higher. So do what you have to to make it and hopefully the next generation has more education and easier jobs. Apparently that the most coonish thing ever said on BGOL.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Man this one hot dog vendor dude was telling me how he sent all of his kids to college off that hot dog money. Mutherfuckers running around here selling icys/shaved ice (whatever you want to call them) making a great life for themselves. We most definitely have to be diverse in how we make our dollars.

Why would he send his kids to college? This entire thread is about college being for suckers and coons.

According to BGOL he should have just helped then get their own shaved ice truck.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Why would he send his kids to college? This entire thread is about college being for suckers and coons.

According to BGOL he should have just helped then get their own shaved ice truck.
That's your own interpretation of what people (or at least what I've) said.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
And I said there’s nothing wrong with taking a laborer job. I just think as a community our aim and aspiration should be higher. So do what you have to to make it and hopefully the next generation has more education and easier jobs. Apparently that the most coonish thing ever said on BGOL.
In other words you are dismissing well paying and honest jobs/careers.
The focus on skilled labor and ownership has been pushed aside for decades now in favor of going to college to get a "good job" working for someone else. So what more do you want? The thing is though that focus has not produced the results needed to change black folks circumstances as a whole. Meanwhile others have taken those jobs you dismissed and have change their circumstances and their family's circumstances.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

My question is why are we aiming so low?

I know school isnt for everyone. I know that. Peeps who cant make it past high school should still have employment opportunities. God bless. Do contruction. Work at the port. Do security. Do trucking. Whatever the case may be. Theres no shame in that at all. And wherever you work... Give it all you got.

But it shouldn't be our goal. We should aim higher.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
My question is why are we aiming so low?

I know school isnt for everyone. I know that. Peeps who cant make it past high school should still have employment opportunities. God bless. Do contruction. Work at the port. Do security. Do trucking. Whatever the case may be. Theres no shame in that at all. And wherever you work... Give it all you got.

But it shouldn't be our goal. We should aim higher.
You do understand that skilled labor isn't just for high school dropouts and that blue collars doesn't equal no education?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yepppp... That's the real reason why they started making it hard to get vendors license , it was creating to many entrepreneurs and generating to much money especially for minorities... If they open up the door to the vendor game again the money would be flooding in

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
In todays age those white collar jobs/careers are just as disposable as a foam cup.
I know more than a hand full of people in construction jobs and other skilled labor jobs/,careers that have had them for a longtime. In fact more than a few of them are legacy.
A simple college degree these days does not open doors for you. Today you need a specialized degree to have those doors opened up for you.

Ill give you an example to illustrate what I mean.

Family member wants to become a lawyer, works hard but school work is too much at some point, gives up on becoming a lawyer but ends up with a psychology degree cause she had accumulated so many credits already that it was easy to finish with something . Applies at AT&T customer service just to pay the bills. Her degree has nothing to do with anything but the fact that she had it allowed to go up to a 6 figure position. Without that degree she would still be on the phone taking customer complaints.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
if a person went to a college library and brought all the books for the particular curriculum and read them and comprehended everything they read but didn't actually go to college, do you still considered them educated?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Ill give you an example to illustrate what I mean.

Family member wants to become a lawyer, works hard but school work is too much at some point, gives up on becoming a lawyer but ends up with a psychology degree cause she had accumulated so many credits already that it was easy to finish with something . Applies at AT&T customer service just to pay the bills. Her degree has nothing to do with anything but the fact that she had it allowed to go up to a 6 figure position. Without that degree she would still be on the phone taking customer complaints.
Bruh you are living in the past. A simple degree will not simply open up does for you. The vast majority of people with or without degrees aren't making 6 figures and simply having a liberal arts degree isn't going to cut it and a job (or career) with At&T (or any other company) is not solid. These corporation need less and less people every year and that is why they do mass firings.
All the people I know who have blue collar/construction jobs are making between 70k all the way up to 200k a year.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I want to know what do people mean by educated.. All things are run by a format and curriculum... Most of these things are found in books/teachers guide... If you get these books or the info inside these books and a person learns and comprehend the things without ever having to step into an institution are they considered educated?

You can cut the middleman out and just get the info for the most part

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
....coming out of the lurker's dungeon....

This conversation is both sad and encouraging. Sad because I see two groups of black people arguing and unnecessarily disrespecting other black folk in an attempt to get there genuinely positive message across. Encouraging, because all of you (it seems) sincerely want to see us as a people do better.

The Education Argument:
In addition to all of the things I have mentioned that I am a part of, I am also an Associate Director of xxxxxxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxx University. Regarding the education argument, black folk are losing this battle on many fronts. First, black men's enrollment has been decreasing while black women's enrollment has been increasing. Additionally, the graduation rates of black students are far lower nationally than any other demographic. There are many factors for this of course: lack of home support, unpreparedness, financial strain, etc. However, the biggest problem is the majors that black students are choosing. It is depressing to see the number of art, business, sociology, psychology, etc. majors at the undergraduate level. Most choose these majors because the requirements are easier. Asians and many white students choose STEM and are more successful in gainful employment right out of undergrad if they do not choose to continue on to grad school. In fact, most Asian students tell me that their parents won't allow them to pursue anything other than a STEM major. Yes, art is needed, but we do not have the luxury to choose those. Besides, you can always do art/ music as a STEM major. Seriously, why wouldn't you want your child to be a scientist, doctor, programmer, etc.

The Skilled Worker Argument:
It is true that not all students are qualified to go to college and should consider skilled worker jobs. The problem as I have witnessed it is that you absolutely can not convince today's high school student that he or she should be a plumber, electrician, truck driver etc. It is beneath them. Additionally, these jobs are not the jobs of the future. AI is real and is evolving faster than people realize. I had a radiologist colleague of mine get super pissed with me because he heard me tell a group of students about how AI is being used to diagnose illnesses and that the landscape radiology is changing which will decrease the number of "traditional" radiologists. Nonetheless, from my experience, the people who appreciate the money that can be generated by becoming a skilled worker are older males, after they have realized that time is running out.

The Systemic Racism Argument:
It is important that we do not ignore this component. This is real and has put American Black folk in a downward spiral for a long time. Foreign black absolutely can not appreciate or understand this. Conversely, as American Black folk, we need to get out shit together. Being a thot is acceptable. Being a thug is admirable. Think about this...... people actually think that what R. Kelly and Bill Cosby are worst than what these drug dealers and strippers are doing. Really? Drug dealers, murders, stick-up kids, etc. decimate entire communities and should be held accountable just like we have held R. Kelly and Bill Cosby. And please do not say what about white people. Fuck them. It is about how can we fix our situation so our children can be more successful. Lastly, monetary reparations are not the solution. I am in the hood weekly, and I know first hand, you will see the Dave Chappelle skill come to life if that happens. Not because black folk are stupid, but because of the "lottery to broke syndrome." When you have nothing and been struggling, it is hard to believe in investing and saving. We all see people walking out of Walmart etc. with 60 in and higher TV's. who could definitely be using the money for something else.

This is a multifaceted problem that is real. Some of you BGOL millionaires have been away from regular people so long that you do not see the poverty of blacks around the country.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Average income

Asians 81k
Everyone else 59k

:confused: Jesus fucking christ. No one said it's key. Folks saying to use all options. Damn. Just admit you wrong.

Just out of curiosity, why were all those Asians imported instead of educating black people? Who were the 'pro-immigration/lock up black folks' people? Did republicans do that by them fucking selves. Was it the russians? Trump?

Should we cross reference folks who expanded educated immigrants while helping lock up more black people? Receipts easy to find. :lol:

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Knowledge is the key to everything. You have to know that things exist and have to have the information about the things that exist.
I always point to as an example college entry exams. Well you had all these non black folk getting high scores. What was not known to black folk was that there were prep course for those examines and you could take them again and again but you could never go below your highest score.
The thing is now that this practice is known. How many black folk are taking advantage of that knowledge?
Indeed

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m a coon for saying black people can excel at school and do any job in the world, but you’re the one for the black cause saying black men should be plumbers and construction workers only.

Let that set in.
No I was reference a line of tweets that I saw when the article I posted a few posts ago hit tweeter.

It was a reference to the few Black who did get into tech and how they acted and were screened.

As I said, nothing wrong with your way, but you shouldn't knock other ways as well.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
People who's families migrated from foreign countries to this one either primarily as laborers or as professionals escaping labor jobs in those countries will have a different perspective about those kind of jobs than the average black person trying to make their way in the US. This is why "flat blackness" fails miserably.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I want to know what do people mean by educated.. All things are run by a format and curriculum... Most of these things are found in books/teachers guide... If you get these books or the info inside these books and a person learns and comprehend the things without ever having to step into an institution are they considered educated?

You can cut the middleman out and just get the info for the most part
hehe I knew certain people wouldn't dare respond to this question... Most people who use the "educated" argument never do

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
....coming out of the lurker's dungeon....

This conversation is both sad and encouraging. Sad because I see two groups of black people arguing and unnecessarily disrespecting other black folk in an attempt to get there genuinely positive message across. Encouraging, because all of you (it seems) sincerely want to see us as a people do better.

The Education Argument:
In addition to all of the things I have mentioned that I am a part of, I am also an Associate Director of xxxxxxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxx University. Regarding the education argument, black folk are losing this battle on many fronts. First, black men's enrollment has been decreasing while black women's enrollment has been increasing. Additionally, the graduation rates of black students are far lower nationally than any other demographic. There are many factors for this of course: lack of home support, unpreparedness, financial strain, etc. However, the biggest problem is the majors that black students are choosing. It is depressing to see the number of art, business, sociology, psychology, etc. majors at the undergraduate level. Most choose these majors because the requirements are easier. Asians and many white students choose STEM and are more successful in gainful employment right out of undergrad if they do not choose to continue on to grad school. In fact, most Asian students tell me that their parents won't allow them to pursue anything other than a STEM major. Yes, art is needed, but we do not have the luxury to choose those. Besides, you can always do art/ music as a STEM major. Seriously, why wouldn't you want your child to be a scientist, doctor, programmer, etc.

The Skilled Worker Argument:
It is true that not all students are qualified to go to college and should consider skilled worker jobs. The problem as I have witnessed it is that you absolutely can not convince today's high school student that he or she should be a plumber, electrician, truck driver etc. It is beneath them. Additionally, these jobs are not the jobs of the future. AI is real and is evolving faster than people realize. I had a radiologist colleague of mine get super pissed with me because he heard me tell a group of students about how AI is being used to diagnose illnesses and that the landscape radiology is changing which will decrease the number of "traditional" radiologists. Nonetheless, from my experience, the people who appreciate the money that can be generated by becoming a skilled worker are older males, after they have realized that time is running out.

The Systemic Racism Argument:
It is important that we do not ignore this component. This is real and has put American Black folk in a downward spiral for a long time. Foreign black absolutely can not appreciate or understand this. Conversely, as American Black folk, we need to get out shit together. Being a thot is acceptable. Being a thug is admirable. Think about this...... people actually think that what R. Kelly and Bill Cosby are worst than what these drug dealers and strippers are doing. Really? Drug dealers, murders, stick-up kids, etc. decimate entire communities and should be held accountable just like we have held R. Kelly and Bill Cosby. And please do not say what about white people. Fuck them. It is about how can we fix our situation so our children can be more successful. Lastly, monetary reparations are not the solution. I am in the hood weekly, and I know first hand, you will see the Dave Chappelle skill come to life if that happens. Not because black folk are stupid, but because of the "lottery to broke syndrome." When you have nothing and been struggling, it is hard to believe in investing and saving. We all see people walking out of Walmart etc. with 60 in and higher TV's. who could definitely be using the money for something else.

This is a multifaceted problem that is real. Some of you BGOL millionaires have been away from regular people so long that you do not see the poverty of blacks around the country.
should you be mad at the kids that pick those majors or the institution that is allowed to generate millions teaching these bullshit majors? A naive kid wouldn't know his major is bullshit if they wasn't spoon fed that higher learning will benefit their future... Shouldn't those colleges be prosecuted for having those scam majors at their university? People push higher learning as a key to success so these universities take advantage of these naive kids and have these useless majors available... Don't be mad at the kid be mad at the con artist running the show

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
should you be mad at the kids that pick those majors or the institution that is allowed to generate millions teaching these bullshit majors? A naive kid wouldn't know his major is bullshit if they wasn't spoon fed that higher learning will benefit their future... Shouldn't those colleges be prosecuted for having those scam majors at their university? People push higher learning as a key to success so these universities take advantage of these naive kids and have these useless majors available... Don't be mad at the kid be mad at the con artist running the show

jesus.
the institution is only doing what the institution has always done. thats like getting bit by a snake and being mad at the snake for being a snake.

you know who HAS the power to change the line of thinking OUR youth have in picking a major?
mom
dad
grandma
grandpa
uncle
autie
etc.

but nope, we’d rather shake our fist at ‘the institution’ when the change we’re seeking is within our own culture.