9 Books Every Black Man Needs to Read

Thatniccuh

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Just started reading this book. Very Good so far.

Why should all the white guys have all the fun?

51cGzHkMtsL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

WSATWGHATF?.pdf

luvpussy

The wallaby champ
Registered
Locking this thread into my subs. I remember Tommy Davidson schooling a chick about Fanon a few years back. I look forward to reading his stuff

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
This unlocks all the secrets

514iT33JX9L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Dr. George Simon knows how people push your buttons. Your children--especially teens--are expert at it, as is your mate. A co-worker may quietly undermine your efforts while professing to be helpful, or your boss may prey on your weaknesses. Manipulative people have two goals: to win and to look good doing it. Often those they abuse are only vaguely aware of what is happening to them. In this eye-opening book, you'll also discover...

* 4 reasons why victims have a hard time leaving abusive relationships

* Power tactics manipulators use to push their own agendas and justify their behavior

*Ways to redefine the rules of engagement between you and an abuser

* How to spot potential weaknesses in your character that can set you up for manipulation.

* 12 tools for personal empowerment to help you maintain greater strength in all relationships

There are online copies ;)
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/20/15/54021520/documents/In_Sheeps_Clothing.pdf

:yes:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His books are vital to understanding black idenity in America and across the globe where black peoples have been colonized. Great post colonial study. I've already read them several time back to back. His books are the type of books you have to really study.

Which would you start with?

I've bought most of Fanon's books as I've come across them with the intention of reading in chronological order.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Will to Change: Men Masculinity and Love
bell hooks at her usual groundbreaking best! Micro level cruelty is on trial often in this book as hooks discusses how current systems of domination prevent males from experiencing and expressing love. The shutting down of vulnerable emotions prevents men from expressing love and also prevents others from getting to know us. And make no mistake, men cannot experience love if we refuse to share our most vulnerable selves. To be clear, all genders have embraced patriarchal dominance and thereby this system of volatility and control is perpetuated across the gender continuum. hooks explains why traditional masculinity is the enemy of the Black family and Black male mental health; all the while offering a blue print for rejecting patriarchy and embracing a form of manhood which challenges sexism, strengthens emotional connections and facilitates loving relationships.

This ^^ bolded part gives me pause. Is this book about feminism and how the black man needs to curb his masculinity?

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read Fanon's books back in the 70s. Those book will open your mind. Don't forget to read "The Wretched of the Earth."
:eek2:

Man, I just got hip to and interested in Fanon this week.

Just like with Dr. Clarke, seen his face on BGOL all the time then I decided to look him up.

I gotta stop ignoring these faces.:smh:
The destruction of black civilization by chancellor williams. A Must read.
Started it January 1st 2014...I read sentences, pages, and concepts in that book I knew in my gut my whole life, yet had no scholarship to verify them.

You are absolutely right, a MUST read, especially the last chapter. This ninja had the blueprint 30 years AGO and it is even easier to implement and augment now, due to the advances in the transfer of information.
Add

Why Should White Guys Have All the Fun?

Amazon product ASIN B00AQ3WV62

I really enjoyed this read about a Black man in high finance behind takeovers and mergers.

Hate he transitioned when he did...:(

Last edited:

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
:eek2:

Man, I just got hip to and interested in Fanon this week.

Just like with Dr. Clarke, seen his face on BGOL all the time thwnndecided to look him up.

I gotta stip ignoring these faces.:smh:

Started it January 1st 2014...I read sentences, pages, and concepts in that book I knew in my gut my whole life, yet had no scholarship to verify them.

You are absolutely right, a MUST read, especially the last chapter. This ninja had the blueprint 30 years AGO and it is even easier to implement and augment now, due to the advances in the transfer of information.

I really enjoyed this read about a blaxk man in high finance behind takeovers and mergers.

Hate he transitioned when he did...:(

I did say it will open minds. :D

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did say it will open minds. :D
Don't give me too much credit...I have just been reading up on him, but not his work.

Dr. Amos Wilson is the author that has extrapolated my thinking so far. Dude is a straight up genius.

Now, I done heard of this ninja Fanon...:eek: