49ers

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
The 49ers are a damn good team.
There's only 1 question mark on this roster outside of needing that true #1
and that's Jimmy G
he still looks like he's only started 14 games he needs to take a next step and I'll be more confident.
Let me clear up the Jimmy G situation.....
I understand where @AwwSchitt is coming from
And I also understand where @largebillsonlyplease is coming from

I'm not saying that Jimmy G is terrible
But what I'm saying is that he's right about average
If I had to rank him he would probably be around the 14-15 range, out of 32 starting QB's

I understand he's only started less than a full season
But the problem is we are paying him like a top 5 QB
Plus on top of that, he's not really young, he's already 27 years old (28 next month)
And its not like he's on a rookie contract like Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield

Most of the time he just dinks & dunks, and throws short & midrange passes
He hardly takes deep bombs down the field
Then on top of that, he damn near always makes at least one or two boneheaded decisions or boneheaded reads every game
On the real...whats the difference between Garoppolo and Mullens ??? Truthfully ???

I guess we have to give him some time to improve
And hopefully he steps his game up sooner rather than later
Again I'm not saying he's terrible.....but I think we can all agree at this point in time he's definitely not a top 5 QB

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

This is what we all agree with. He's definitely middle of the road. Above average because he can effective in this league.

However, the dude is still inconsistent. His footwork is terrible. We need the ghost of Bill Walsh to teach him about footwork. He stares down receivers at times. And as we know he will definitely chuck one up to the defense at times.

They say it takes a QB a full season/16 consecutive starts before he starts to "get it". Well, Jimmy is currently at start #5. Only the 15th for his career. His old (28 years old) ass is still a young QB (in terms of experience). He needs to be coached up big time.

I'm hoping this offseason, since the focus won't be on rehab, they'll grab him and work on his deficiencies.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
This is what we all agree with. He's definitely middle of the road. Above average because he can effective in this league.

However, the dude is still inconsistent. His footwork is terrible. We need the ghost of Bill Walsh to teach him about footwork. He stares down receivers at times. And as we know he will definitely chuck one up to the defense at times.

They say it takes a QB a full season/16 consecutive starts before he starts to "get it". Well, Jimmy is currently at start #5. Only the 15th for his career. His old (28 years old) ass is still a young QB (in terms of experience). He needs to be coached up big time.

I'm hoping this offseason, since the focus won't be on rehab, they'll grab him and work on his deficiencies.

My issue is that Kyle makes QBs look good
He makes things incredibly easy for them
He made it look easy for Matt Ryan who is trash and he won an mvp

He needs to make the easy throws because that's pretty much the entire Kyle offense
Everything is set up to be an easy completion regardless of how long in distance it is
And he's inconsistent with them
We're not running complicated out routes or flex patterns that depends on the scheme of the defense
It's here here or here and he still fucks that up

Mullens didn't last year. He just completed the passes

Perfect example is the 2 yard pass to Coleman that would have been a TD but the pass was fucked up
It was a layup float it to him and nobody is around easy shit
And he made him flip the opportunity direction it was an easy ass throw
And yes it's his fault because the back was running one direction and he didn't easily lead him to where he was going

Those passes count
Our defense is amazing
But the offense needs to remove all hope

Should have easily been 34-7

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My 49ers Brothers,

Man,This was a good and Important win we got today!!..Getting a win like this in our division is really big!!.:yes:.(Damn, I wish The Browns would have beat The Seahawks.:angry:)

Thank god we have a very good Defense..Man, they won this game for us today and play lights out after that Ram TD in the first Qtr...Defense was on point once again!!..:yes:

Fellas, I'm worried about Jimmy G!!..He's not consistent and that's my worried..We got a good running game on offense but Jimmy G need to get better for us to be a complete team..Come on Jimmy G!!..

It's good to be 5-0!!..Let's keep this winning streak going!!...:dance2:

Let's go 49ers!!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
EGy4NkyXUAAVu1x

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
My issue is that Kyle makes QBs look good
He makes things incredibly easy for them
He made it look easy for Matt Ryan who is trash and he won an mvp

He needs to make the easy throws because that's pretty much the entire Kyle offense
Everything is set up to be an easy completion regardless of how long in distance it is
And he's inconsistent with them
We're not running complicated out routes or flex patterns that depends on the scheme of the defense
It's here here or here and he still fucks that up

Mullens didn't last year. He just completed the passes

Perfect example is the 2 yard pass to Coleman that would have been a TD but the pass was fucked up
It was a layup float it to him and nobody is around easy shit
And he made him flip the opportunity direction it was an easy ass throw
And yes it's his fault because the back was running one direction and he didn't easily lead him to where he was going

Those passes count
Our defense is amazing
But the offense needs to remove all hope

Should have easily been 34-7
My 49ers Brothers,

Man,This was a good and Important win we got today!!..Getting a win like this in our division is really big!!.:yes:.(Damn, I wish The Browns would have beat The Seahawks.:angry:)

Thank god we have a very good Defense..Man, they won this game for us today and play lights out after that Ram TD in the first Qtr...Defense was on point once again!!..:yes:

Fellas, I'm worried about Jimmy G!!..He's not consistent and that's my worried..We got a good running game on offense but Jimmy G need to get better for us to be a complete team..Come on Jimmy G!!..

It's good to be 5-0!!..Let's keep this winning streak going!!...:dance2:

Let's go 49ers!!

Great points about scheme and inconsistency.

Matt Ryan didn't look good until his 2nd full year with Kyle. Jimmy hasn't had a full year yet. That's why I'm praying he stays healthy.

You're right about scheme. We saw it in the Falcons Super Bowl. When the scheme stopped and the QB needed to make a play to ice the game, he did not get it done (on 2 or 3 occasions at that).

The throw to Coleman was awful. The throw to Goodwin was bad also. Everyone will focus on Goodwin dropping the ball, but the pass was under thrown. If it was on target, Goodwin catches it in stride for an easy TD.

Bottom line. We all agree that still haven't fallen for the hype surrounding Jimmy coming from New England. He needs to show us on a consistent basis he can get it done.

Switching gears... Our defense is good, but I'm worried about our Safties. I'm still not satisfied with them in space. If Tarrt isn't tackling near the line of scrimmage, he missing. Ward seems like he's not in position on deep throws (which as the center fielder his ass needs to be back). This is a red flag to me.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Great points about scheme and inconsistency.

Matt Ryan didn't look good until his 2nd full year with Kyle. Jimmy hasn't had a full year yet. That's why I'm praying he stays healthy.

You're right about scheme. We saw it in the Falcons Super Bowl. When the scheme stopped and the QB needed to make a play to ice the game, he did not get it done (on 2 or 3 occasions at that).

The throw to Coleman was awful. The throw to Goodwin was bad also. Everyone will focus on Goodwin dropping the ball, but the pass was under thrown. If it was on target, Goodwin catches it in stride for an easy TD.

Bottom line. We all agree that still haven't fallen for the hype surrounding Jimmy coming from New England. He needs to show us on a consistent basis he can get it done.

Switching gears... Our defense is good, but I'm worried about our Safties. I'm still not satisfied with them in space. If Tarrt isn't tackling near the line of scrimmage, he missing. Ward seems like he's not in position on deep throws (which as the center fielder his ass needs to be back). This is a red flag to me.

The front 7 hides all
That's really the key

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Last edited:

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I forgot who said it on Twitter, but it was something to the effect of Jalen Ramsey's addition won't impact the 49ers because Jimmy G hardly throws to WRs anyway.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
@AwwSchitt @Bumpee @Dark19
@largebillsonlyplease @blackman80

Yo fellas, when you get a chance check out this vid from Grant Cohn
Yea I know he's a troll sometimes, but like I said before dude has stepped his game up recently
He's breaking down film on the 49ers/Rams game, and makes some good points.....

Yeah. He stopped his trolling ways (which is good). Ever since you posted his 1st video this season I've checked it out. He's doing a good job. Thanks for putting us on.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I forgot who said it on Twitter, but it was something to the effect of Jalen Ramsey's addition won't impact the 49ers because Jimmy G hardly throws to WRs anyway.

2017 - The Year of Saxonville

12/24 - Jacksonville vs. San Francisco - Jimmy Garoppolo stat line.
21 of 30, 242 yards, 2 TD, 1 Int, 70% completion percentage, 102.4 rating

I'm pretty sure Jalen Ramsey played on that team. But, the beauty of our offense (& Jimmy) is that everyone gets involved. No one is force fed.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Might be an ugly game with this weather.

Damn I forgot this was a early 1:00pm game, & not a 4:00pm game
Fam what did I miss ???
And why is it almost halftime & we haven't we scored any points yet
Da Fuck ??? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Stats say Jimmy G only has 1 pas for 9 yards.....and its already almost halftime ???
What the hell mane ???

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is where Jimmy G has to step up.
The weather isn't great but its good enough to complete some passes and open up the game.

I missed the first quarter & a half
Stats say Jimmy is 1/7 for only 9 yards
What the hell is going on ????
Redskins defense is not even that good

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That first half damn near put me to sleep. AD was running all over them on the first drive, but not much after.

some passes need to be completed in the 2nd half.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
BEFORE I COULD EVEN HIT SEND LMAOOOOOOOOOOO
jesus

Jimmy G INT like clockwork

Every Fuckin Game Man.....Every Fuckin Game !!!
Dude is a turnover machine !!!
Every game, its multiple picks or multiple near picks that was dropped by the defense
Shit is ridiculous that Shannahan has to put training wheels on this dude, and he still fucks up

:fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay: