BGOL Legend

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked it and look forward to a second season.

And just like a woman, of course Jin ain't give a shit about dude until he died. Then it's "I love him". :rolleyes2:

And if the San-Ti had as much power as much as they say, then they would've had a shark hop out the water, run on the beach and kill Saul.:roflmao:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AVvXsEjMF8qxOnTONyf6_I0E-wf0GlH-AWLuG_DAyBm0Kjxk6SxRcxdS0vGFuvWNevEfjuaTb2COEoOAI8CoqurQvUs6XeEyJJvSPLcnb35Vxq3CW8Qdea2Vf4EHA4I9hAhq7Ah5xrU1CYHUPYcrSjujNRMuM4GqbGNE6phMwr9wK5h5et7nNrMgafxkGmjnTlI=s16000

:giggle:

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
This movie tries to be smarter than what it is, to me it seems like the writers learned all their information on astrophysics from watching a few Youtube videos, then remixed it with the recent iteration of Alien Invasion V TV show.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
This movie tries to be smarter than what it is, to me it seems like the writers learned all their information on astrophysics from watching a few Youtube videos, then remixed it with the recent iteration of Alien Invasion V TV show.
Huh? This was the most realistic approach considering you can’t travel faster than light and it will take 400 years to get here for those aliens. All other alien movies have aliens being able to fly around faster than light speed which has almost proven to be impossible

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Huh? This was the most realistic approach considering you can’t travel faster than light and it will take 400 years to get here for those aliens. All other alien movies have aliens being able to fly around faster than light speed which has almost proven to be impossible
Yeah that's basic shit, but the derpy part is how an organism would be able to survive under those conditions without the atmosphere being torn off and the planet being constantly ripped from its orbit like that. Also, they can do all that other shit but turn to humans to figure out the three-body orbital problem.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They said "So yeah, we're gonna fly at light speed by making a kite"!

breakfas-cclub-donnell-rawlings.gif

No , they were trying to get to 1% of light speed using an actual theory that’s been floated by nasa . That’s 7 million miles per hour by the way , which is still slow in space terms but faster than anything we currently have by far

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
No , they were trying to get to 1% of light speed using an actual theory that’s been floated by nasa . That’s 7 million miles per hour by the way , which is still slow in space terms but faster than anything we currently have by far
What I find funny is how they can suddenly build that shit for a problem that's 300 years away in the movie, yet in reality, very little effort is put into the global warming problem which is already affecting us and could wipe us within 70 years.
For a more accurate movie about how humans collectively handle crises check out, Don't look up.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Hate to break it to you. They never appear.
The aliens never show what they look like (they do that for a reason).
They make an appearance in VR but they are disguised as humans because they said we would be disturbed by their looks

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
They make an appearance in VR but they are disguised as humans because they said we would be disturbed by their looks
Yes, but you'll never actually see what they look like. Only in the 4th unofficial book do you get a description briefly and they already hinted to what they looked like in the series.

I ain't going to say, but let's just say "projection" is real with them lol

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Yes, but you'll never actually see what they look like. Only in the 4th unofficial book do you get a description briefly and they already hinted to what they looked like in the series.

I ain't going to say, but let's just say "projection" is real with them lol
Humans?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I was legit trying not to snitch but sentient beings set out to destroy you and take everything you have, how "they look" shouldn't even matter.
The series of books is more about humanity and their reaction to destruction than the concept of looks.
that's true though. their form really ended up being an after-afterthought.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

No. There are high end concepts that are mostly grounded in physics and practically. The books go into great depths to explain a lot of the science.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the NQR I see is that the world is too calm. Aliens making the stars blink in code and revealing their technology globally topped off with a direct threat would result in not only massive conspiracy theories but all kinds of religious and cultish uprisings, mass suicides and general chaos.

there was an uptick in shit like that when people saw a lunar eclipse not that long ago....aliens reveal themselves AND tell us theyre going to fuck us up when they get here and that shits NOT 24/7 news on every channel at least initially??

Thats the biggest problem with stories like these...they have to shrink the world in scale in order to tell the story.

Last edited:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
No. There are high end concepts that are mostly grounded in physics and practically. The books go into great depths to explain a lot of the science.
Yes, trending concepts have been all over the web for the last ten years (the only one missing was the double-slit experiment).
The thing is, these theoretical concepts have very little to do with each other but in my opinion, the writer used them as fluff to inject some credibility into a script that is essential an amalgamation of both the peripheral and the latest version of V.
To me, they were trying to pull off an Interstellar-type film but came off as more quasi-intellectual in their attempt. If they were to stop trying to cram every trending theoretical science theory down our throats perhaps it would come off as less cheesy. But this is my opinion, so let's leave it at that.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Yes, trending concepts have been all over the web for the last ten years (the only one missing was the double-slit experiment).
The thing is, these theoretical concepts have very little to do with each other but in my opinion, the writer used them as fluff to inject some credibility into a script that is essential an amalgamation of both the peripheral and the latest version of V.
To me, they were trying to pull off an Interstellar-type film but came off as more quasi-intellectual in their attempt. If they were to stop trying to cram every trending theoretical science theory down our throats perhaps it would come off as less cheesy. But this is my opinion, so let's leave it at that.
i can't.