3 Body Problem | $160 million budget!| Discussion

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saw ads but didn’t watch the trailer, 1 episode in and it’s interesting so far.

The preview of the season looks like it’ll be a good show.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
It was a product of its own success and its own demise... and George RR Martin getting too popular and not finishing his goddamn books
I swear every time I saw that oversized motherfucker on an interview I was like TF you doing here bitch? aint you got books to finish?

He had YEARS since the show started to get at least the main points together so the story can wrap up nicely.

All this shit aside, the show was 2nd only to the Wire for me. The imperfections made it perfect... you get me

Mr. Lengthy

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
one of those iwished was a show or movie for years. i loved it, but I was front-loaded to.

They actually gave the characters personalities - something the book lacked. Then split the characters up...I think they did a good job.

Never understood why the Trisolarins wanted Earth so bad? With near light speed travel @ 1% (then later ftl) why not settle in any unocuppied solar system?

The unofficial 4th book (The Redemption of Time), sort of explains why.

Last edited:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
They actually gave the characters personalities - something the book lacked. Then split the characters up...I think they did a good job.

Never understood why the Trisolarins wanted Earth so bad? With near light speed travel @ 1% (then later ftl) why not settle in any unocuppied solar system?

The unofficial 4th book (The Redemption of Time), sort of explains why.
yeah the way the books were written really gave a window into how robotic Chinese culture is.

i didn't get to the 4th joint but that's a good question.

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sooo the only brutha on this show is a no ambition having pothead that cheats on his girlfriend; real nice netflix. Good show nonetheless

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wOW, Episode 5 is incredible.
Never seen such a scene before,
talk about original.
This is good.

I didn't think much of this series, but it's intense and original.
And beautiful women, nice lookin cast.

I admit, I do FF thru the gay guy with cancer part. That C story is boring.
Doesn't seem like his story has anything to do with the main arc anyway.

Well, three more episodes to go.

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Sooo the only brutha on this show is a no ambition having pothead that cheats on his girlfriend; real nice netflix. Good show nonetheless

He had ambition but his lifelong physics project doesn't work. The aliens are causing physics the disruption and he's stuck. Dude worked his whole life to be published with his discoveries and now his life's work is destroyed. Imagine being on the cusp of one of the greats only to have it snatched from you and leaving you empty handed?

He's self-destructive because his life's work is gone. But he's actually one of the heroes of the story who he's based on

Last edited:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
wOW, Episode 5 is incredible.
Never seen such a scene before,
talk about original.
This is good.

I didn't think much of this series, but it's intense and original.
And beautiful women, nice lookin cast.

I admit, I do FF thru the gay guy with cancer part. That C story is boring.
Doesn't seem like his story has anything to do with the main arc anyway.

Well, three more episodes to go.
that nigga aint gay lol where that come from

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that nigga aint gay lol where that come from
really?
He spends a lot of time on the beach alone together with the thin white dude.
I just assumed.

Another thing. The Black guy, Saul Duran, is a damn physicist.
It's episode 6 and he is getting out of bed to take the white woman to the toilet.
Why they turn him into a damn Nurse's aide? :dunno:
His character started out well in the show.

Even with that. I still like the series, it's this side plot with Black Dude/cancer patient that seems out of place.

Last edited:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
really?
He spends a lot of time on the beach alone together with the thin white dude.
I just assumed.

Another thing. The Black guy, Saul Duran, is a damn physicist.
It's episode 6 and he is getting out of bed to take the white woman to the toilet.
Why they turn him into a damn Nurse's aide? :dunno:
His character started out well in the show.
Now he's a magical Negro.

Even with that. I still like the series, it's this side plot with Black Dude/cancer patient that seems out of place.

man you are being a little to sensitive about that character

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Marlo Kelly :yes:

images

Tatiana-In-3-Body-Problem-Explained.jpg

Last edited:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm four episodes in to this series which I felt had a slow start but as the puzzle pieces from the past and present are pieced together in the series along with the stories of the characters the series becomes more interesting, involving and entertaining. I'm glad the questions I've had about certain things are being answered for the most part.